Page 53 of 526 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    A PKMN has set IVs once its captured or bred, meaning its IVs will stay bad, they are not changeable.
    Where is the strategy in soft resetting or IV breeding, all you do is giving a PKMN a power item and an everstone and then press left and right for hours -.-
    Also, by saying it would be all about strategy then, I meant battling not bredding and stuff.
    A PKMN can still have different natures and different moves, as well as teammates, if IVs are "removed".
    The point is, the IV system has nothing to do with strategy, and even what you're suggesting wont change that. The strategy of the game is elsewhere.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

wait

I leave this section and take a siesta from stupidity like IV system changing

and when I come back people are talking about stupidity like IV system changing

really

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    wait

I leave this section and take a siesta from stupidity like IV system changing

and when I come back people are talking about stupidity like IV system changing

really
    Yeah well, you know how it is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The point is, the IV system has nothing to do with strategy, and even what you're suggesting wont change that. The strategy of the game is elsewhere.
    Exactly, the IV system has nothing to do with strategy, thats what I was saying the whole time.
    What I said earlier:
    "this ("Removing" the current IV system) would even the odds, cause it would be all about strategy then."
    I think there was just a misunderstanding.
    On the everlasting quest to get a good, unhacked, uncloned and not RNG abused Event-Entei.

X FC: 4527-7554-6594

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    Exactly, the IV system has nothing to do with strategy, thats what I was saying the whole time.
    What I said earlier:
    "this ("Removing" the current IV system) would even the odds, cause it would be all about strategy then."
    I think there was just a misunderstanding.
    But removing it serves no purpose either, it's in place to make each Pokemon different to another, just like all living creatures. Removing it doesn't change the strategy of the game at all it just ruins the atmosphere that Game Freak has tried to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    But removing it serves no purpose either, it's in place to make each Pokemon different to another, just like all living creatures. Removing it doesn't change the strategy of the game at all it just ruins the atmosphere that Game Freak has tried to create.
    The only reason I liked my idea was because its no fun to IV breed, but battling is fun, so I thought it would be cool, if PKMN would reach their full potentlal through battling.
    I kinda agree with you on the individuality part, but there are also natures, genders, abilities, egg moves and EVs, so I do belive that removing the IVs wouldnt completely destroy the individuality of a PKMN.
    On the everlasting quest to get a good, unhacked, uncloned and not RNG abused Event-Entei.

Simple, if you don't want to IV breed, Pokegen yourself an egg with perfect IV's

Now you have an egg you can still EV train.

Quote Originally Posted by Zix Serro View Post
    Speaking of that, I would kind of love for them to make a single game with the anime's battle system, just so that all the people that want it could see how terrible it is to have your enemy dodge your attack, then hit your pokemon with three attacks in a row while it's weakened. But that'd be a Colosseum/XD side-game, I'd imagine. That's just my sadistic nature, I suppose; give people what they want to teach them that they actually don't want it. But that's not going to be this, I don't think.
    Lol, I know, I often feel the same. It's utterly impractical and wouldn't happen, because it would cost GF time and money to make something that ultimately most fans would hate - but you're right, sometimes I imagine the only way to get the people with silly ideas to shut up is to give them exactly what they want, to show them exactly how silly it would be. Sadly, other times you just can't win. A gen full of evos and prevos? Fans whined and wanted new pokemon only. So we get a gen full of new pokemon only...but hey, fans still whined. Lesson: you'll never please everyone.

Don't get me wrong, lots of pokemon fans are creative individuals with genuinely interesting ideas - like many of y'all right here on the forums.

And then there are those who want to erase the 8 badges/elite four/defeat the evil team format, or wish Mewtwo would evolve, or (my personal favourite) introduce Light types :/
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post

And then there are those who want to erase the 8 badges/elite four/defeat the evil team format, or wish Mewtwo would evolve, or (my personal favourite) introduce Light types :/
    Hahaha you're right. I can't stand the talk about the light type idea (or new types in general). Why does there need to be new types? Game Freak has a good balance already, why mess with something that works? The last time types were introduced was Gen 2 because Psychic was so overpowered.

My favorites team:

In my honest opinion, IVs should really be revamped, with the current IV system it is incredibly hard to get Pokemon that can viably compete without the use of cheating, getting somewhat close to perfect IVs is a long time consuming experience. I actually would like Happiness to play a larger role, hopefully that's the brand new mechanic that's being implemented.

Maybe the new mechanic is not a "dodge" system but like a critical "D" hit? D as in defense. Ignore all attack boost and double the defense?

Not sure if right thread but do you guys think some abilities would get revamped like sturdy was?

Quote Originally Posted by Froakin' Koga View Post
    Not sure if right thread but do you guys think some abilities would get revamped like sturdy was?
    Why not, it has been done in the past and I think that at least a few will.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Maybe the new mechanic is not a "dodge" system but like a critical "D" hit? D as in defense. Ignore all attack boost and double the defense?
    I think you're suggesting something I was suggesting, an option to defend and take less damage from a hit as a turn move so you're not wasting PP on a move.

I think they will incpoporate the call mechanic from an anime where you can call to a pokemon as it faints and there's a chance it will revive itself with 1 hp. The chances go up drastically as happiness increases and goes down sharply for each consecutive sucess.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think they will incpoporate the call mechanic from an anime where you can call to a pokemon as it faints and there's a chance it will revive itself with 1 hp. The chances go up drastically as happiness increases and goes down sharply for each consecutive sucess.
    That'd still be too overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Couple thing I hope for:

1. I hope that they do not do what Unova did and have the max of 3 for every gym leader.
    2. I hope they make it so that when you battle a Gym Leader or an Elite 4 member that you must choose what pokemon to take into battle before hand. So say they have 3 Pokemon you can only use 3 Pokemon against them(like the anime). Seems kinda unfair that you can use a whole team of 6 while they could have like 1 Pokemon.
    3. I hope they do the a Tournament style Pokemon League.
    4. I hope they don't make the puzzles too easy.
    5. I hope they introduce new Type(s) even though I think they will not(Please no one start this debate up again)
    6. I hope they make the story darker. Even more darker than Black/White and Black2/White 2. I wanna see a character die dammit >:-D
    7. I hope for customization(pretty sure we are getting this though)
    8. I hope they introduce a battle mechanic that affect Pokemon based on their surrounding environment(ex. Grass Types getting a boost in a forest area or something).

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Zix Serro View Post
    I think you're suggesting something I was suggesting, an option to defend and take less damage from a hit as a turn move so you're not wasting PP on a move.
    Ah I see what your saying but a PP move is basically the same thing...
    Adding a option to defend would mean dropping the already existing moves and how would you regulate how much you defend? Moves like Protect and Detect block almost anything you throw at them while moves like harden only boost your defense stat. Both these types of defensive moves add a great strategy to the game and what about the accuracy and evasion moves once again? If you can just Final Fantasy defend-oh wait Blind exists...ok. Alright going back to how much you can defend? If the opponent used Solorbeam and your Pokemon didn't have an all blocking move in its move pool you could just defend against it and take no/less damage? That would also destroy the strategy of those moves. The point of having defensive PP moves is adding a BIG strategic element to the game.
    I could go on but at the end of the day no matter what your still wasting a turn using a defense move.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Couple thing I hope for:

1. I hope that they do not do what Unova did and have the max of 3 for every gym leader.
    2. I hope they make it so that when you battle a Gym Leader or an Elite 4 member that you must choose what pokemon to take into battle before hand. So say they have 3 Pokemon you can only use 3 Pokemon against them(like the anime). Seems kinda unfair that you can use a whole team of 6 while they could have like 1 Pokemon.
    5. I hope they introduce new Type(s) even though I think they will not(Please no one start this debate up again)
    6. I hope they make the story darker. Even more darker than Black/White and Black2/White 2. I wanna see a character die dammit >:-D
    8. I hope they introduce a battle mechanic that affect Pokemon based on their surrounding environment(ex. Grass Types getting a boost in a forest area or something).
    Couldn't have listed it better myself!
    I hope for all these things too.! The idea that stuck most to me though is #8.
    I think that would be really cool. How would you explain online battling having that feature?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

"A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."
    (I really hope that I didn't miss this while reading through)
    Masuda's blog. Any idea what this could mean?

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Couldn't have listed it better myself!
    I hope for all these things too.! The idea that stuck most to me though is #8.
    I think that would be really cool. How would you explain online battling having that feature?
    I have no idea, lol. Maybe have a way to select the field you're battling on before the battle? In any case I just hope they incorporate at least something similar to that.

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    "A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."
    (I really hope that I didn't miss this while reading through)
    Masuda's blog. Any idea what this could mean?
    Perhaps it is something that involves happiness?
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 23rd January 2013 at 8:48 AM.

Couple thing I hope for:

1.No!!!! This what made Unova so puny trainer-wise! In most games the first leader has 3!
    2.This calms me down a bit for your first one. I hope this would happen, but wihtout the 3 maximum!
    3.That just... utterly destorys the whole point of the league. And it would be completely anti-logic that the player can just insert himself into "anothe rtourney the same day!"
    4.I agree with this: last gen? In BW2 they gave 3 GLs NO puzzle, and the rest look like a 2 year old made it!
    5.I think the current types cover pretty much everything. But I do hope that they change the resistants and weaknesses. How do ground and rock super effect fire? i mean rock should oly resist it, throw a rock in afire. Nothing.
    6.Fork. Yeah. I'm sick of GFG spoon feeding us baby stories. HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 were good attempts!
    7.I hope this does happen. EVVVVEEEERRRRYYYYOOOOOONNNNEEEEE except Nostagoliafags wants this.
    8.This would give some types an unfair advantage.

Perhaps it is something that involves happiness?
    Your sarcasm made me literally cringe. In all seriousness, specifically, what do you guys think me meant, specifically?

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    Your sarcasm made me literally cringe. In all seriousness, specifically, what do you guys think me meant, specifically?
    I wasn't being sarcastic...

I wasn't being sarcastic...
    *restatement (?)
    Really, though, what could he mean? In depth, I mean.

Trading Friends of Mine:
    Rayce's Trade Booth

Page 53 of 526 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast