Page 54 of 526 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    *restatement (?)
    Really, though, what could he mean? In depth, I mean.
    You're asking me as if I know, lol. It could be anything I was just giving my input on what I think might be involved in whatever it is he is referring to.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    You're asking me as if I know, lol. It could be anything I was just giving my input on what I think might be involved in whatever it is he is referring to.
    ..."A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger." I figured it was happiness simply because of the italicized part. Just wondered what people thought it might mean, specifically. They can't just make battles in general like return is, so I'm not sure what they'll do then.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

..."A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger." I figured it was happiness simply because of the italicized part. Just wondered what people thought it might mean, specifically. They can't just make battles in general like return is, so I'm not sure what they'll do then.
    So what you're saying is you thought the "happiness" part was implied already? Okay. Well other than that the only other thing I can think of is them finally adding the 'Dodge' feature in battles and depending on how high the happiness is depends on how effective the feature is.

So what you're saying is you thought the "happiness" part was implied already? Okay. Well other than that the only other thing I can think of is them finally adding the 'Dodge' feature in battles and depending on how high the happiness is depends on how effective the feature is.
    Yeah, I just thought that the happiness part was understood, so your response seemed really sarcastic. Sorry.

And, honestly, I don't see how that dodging aspect could be explained by happiness...

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

And, honestly, I don't see how that dodging aspect could be explained by happiness...
    Well that's all I got, sorry. I guess we'll have to wait to find out what they meant by that. I'm sure it's something, they have to introduce a new mechanic each gen.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 23rd January 2013 at 9:25 AM.

Protect says hi. Almost every pokemon learns it through TM and would perform the exact same function except that it takes up a moveslot. In most situations dodging is pointless anyway, as unless you are stalling for Sand/Hail damage or Leftovers/Ingrain recovery or something you are left in the exact same situation as the previous turn with the sole difference being that opponent has 1 less PP.
    Unless of course you can attack if you successfully dodge which is so terribly broken I won't even argue against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I'd really like a new flying mechanic to be introduced, where in certain light spots, you can use 'Fly' and fly around in a new map (very much like surfing), and find pokemon by flying into cloud squares. They could do that really well with the 3D graphics.
    Smugleaf&Mudkip

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Protect says hi. Almost every pokemon learns it through TM and would perform the exact same function except that it takes up a moveslot. In most situations dodging is pointless anyway, as unless you are stalling for Sand/Hail damage or Leftovers/Ingrain recovery or something you are left in the exact same situation as the previous turn with the sole difference being that opponent has 1 less PP.
    Unless of course you can attack if you successfully dodge which is so terribly broken I won't even argue against it.
    Protecting is not really dodging though. But I get what you mean :P

Quote Originally Posted by Smugleaf&Mudkip View Post
    I'd really like a new flying mechanic to be introduced, where in certain light spots, you can use 'Fly' and fly around in a new map (very much like surfing), and find pokemon by flying into cloud squares. They could do that really well with the 3D graphics.
    YES!!! This^ I could see them making a city in the sky and the only way to access it for the first time is through that way. I love this idea.

Good idea, but that probably just means that cloud or lighting bolt pokemon will be found there, and that would be lame. The two new pokemon we got in the Hoenn diving spots weren't really all that great.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I hope the gameplay in these games is generally as tough as BW2 were, and if I'm being really hopeful, as tough as BW2 were on Challenge mode. Original Unova's Elite 4 (the first time around) were levels 48-52, iirc. That sound you here is Blue from Gen 1 laughing hysterically. Cynthia and her Garchomp too.

I LOVED playing Challenge Mode on my White 2 - my team was level friggin 60 before we even hit Victory Road. Now that's what I'm talking about! I think since a pokemon's level goes up to lv 100, it's only natural for the game to at least walk you through up to the 60s/70s. Stopping at the level 50 mark always feels...underdone, to me.

And increased AI and more pokemon for the Gym Leaders? hells yes please. (If they make the modes version exclusive again though I'm really sunk, I barely had enough money for 1 3ds so there's no way I can afford 2 to trade with myself, lol)
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

They kinda implemented this in BW/BW2... but in a different way.
    Rather than flying above in search of Pokemon, we got 'shadows' to encounter them.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Yeah, I'd really like this. They're plenty of flying type Pokemon out there to make this interesting and like someone else said, seeing cities and routes from the sky would be awesome. Plus, we saw Yveltal in the sky in the trailer, so perhaps this would be incorporated into the story and catching it.
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

I can't help but think that we'll be riding Hot Air Balloons in this one...

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Do you guys think we can encounter both game mascots like SSHH and BW/BW2?

Protecting is not really dodging though. But I get what you mean :P
    Detect is a dodge though. Just increase the distribution of Detect.

Your sarcasm made me literally cringe. In all seriousness, specifically, what do you guys think me meant, specifically?
    I for one think this is a brand new mechanic (way to state the obvious)
    That will be ground breaking. What I mean is I think this is a totally new mechanic that will chage the game somewhat as we know it now. Sort of how Physical/Special split 'completely' changed how people play pokemon.
    If they do add a new mechanic that guages happiness, then it should also guage how unhappy a pokemon is.
    I mean Frustration and Return do have equal base power respectively after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Detect is a dodge though. Just increase the distribution of Detect.
    Um....I think that's why EVERY pokemon can be taught protect.
    Also correct me if I'm wrong, but detect doesn't get a lot of distribution because It has a slightly higher success rate then protect. ? ?
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 23rd January 2013 at 5:35 PM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

nah detect and protect use the same counter for success.

They did that in Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. Nevertheless, I'd like to see it happen in the main games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    nah detect and protect use the same counter for success.
    Wait, so the they made a move exactly the same as Protect except that it isn't a TM, has very bad distribution and has half the PP?

Trollfreak be trolling.

Only problem with flying through/above clouds like Guardian Signs is that I doubt you could get away with a generic bird silhouette. They could have one character lend a Pidgeot or something to you that happens to be an excellent flyer and can do these kind of stunts and use its model. Either way, they need to properly distinguish flight and just teleporting between towns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Well, before, you surfed on a obvious Lapras, no matter which Pkmn it actually was. I doubt a round silhuette with wings would be weird. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

They are not gonna do this, but it would be cool, if PKMN wouldnt just stand still in a battle,
    but would move around the whole time, until you chose what attack you want it to use, so that while doing so your PKMN wont be an easy target.
    And it would be cool if there is a timer or something, cause seeing two PKMN standing in front of each other
    , doing nothing but breathing for like a minute, until you chose your attacks is kinda cheap.
    It should be like this:
    Your and your opponents PKMN move around and you have like 10 seconds or so to decide what to do, making it more realistic.

The thing is though that PKMN is a "comfort" game, meaning no fast button mashing and having to react quickly and stuff
    and I guess most people want the battle sytem to stay the way it is, so I think this is not going to happen, maybe in eigth or ninth gen
    On the everlasting quest to get a good, unhacked, uncloned and not RNG abused Event-Entei.

X FC: 4527-7554-6594

Wait, so the they made a move exactly the same as Protect except that it isn't a TM, has very bad distribution and has half the PP?

Trollfreak be trolling.

Only problem with flying through/above clouds like Guardian Signs is that I doubt you could get away with a generic bird silhouette. They could have one character lend a Pidgeot or something to you that happens to be an excellent flyer and can do these kind of stunts and use its model. Either way, they need to properly distinguish flight and just teleporting between towns.
    Hum, if they did do that, ai vote it only being availbale with Pokémon with some kind of unique ability or aomething, so that the sprite will just stay static. Or you use an Air Balloon.

Trollfreak be trolling.
    Nope, it really is the same.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    They are not gonna do this, but it would be cool, if PKMN wouldnt just stand still in a battle,
    but would move around the whole time, until you chose what attack you want it to use, so that while doing so your PKMN wont be an easy target.
    And it would be cool if there is a timer or something, cause seeing two PKMN standing in front of each other
    , doing nothing but breathing for like a minute, until you chose your attacks is kinda cheap.
    It should be like this:
    Your and your opponents PKMN move around and you have like 10 seconds or so to decide what to do, making it more realistic.

The thing is though that PKMN is a "comfort" game, meaning no fast button mashing and having to react quickly and stuff
    and I guess most people want the battle sytem to stay the way it is, so I think this is not going to happen, maybe in eigth or ninth gen
    I like this idea. Although I must agree, it wouldn't be this gen. I also think though that they would implement this idea in a console side series game as opposed to handheld.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Nope, it really is the same.
    If they DID have different counters, you could just alternate Protect and Detect until Toxic killed everything.

Personally I prefer Detect, dodging is better than a barrier.

Page 54 of 526 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast