Page 56 of 526 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyScrafty View Post
    Ugh. I really hope not. Gen 4 was the worst gen of games and pokemon in my opinion. The circling confused way to many plays. I've had to help so many friends get through those terrible games because they didn't know where to go or what to do.
    I honestly have no idea how you could possibly get lost in DPPt, with the exception of getting Strength in DP, that wasn't hinted very well.

I like the idea of a hint system, though, I was thinking something like the Fame Checker that recalls important conversations in the storyline that tell you where you're supposed to be going.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 25th January 2013 at 8:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

[QUOTE=Bolt the Cat;15628531]I honestly have no idea how you could possibly get lost in DPPt, with the exception of getting Strength in DP, that wasn't hinted very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    I find that really sad as I easily made my way through those games. Seriously I loved how I had to zigzag through the entire region. If anything they should bring in a hint system for players who happen to lose their way instead of making another super linear region. Or even just have those people buy a strategy guide.
    The biggest issue with players seemed to be everything about moving the Psyduck's. I played through the game 3 times and the 1st time I got it right away but that was because I was playing constantly. After a couple years I went back to it, played it for a bit then had to go have a life then when I would come back to it I would have forgotten what I was doing and where I had to go which seemed to be the cause of everyone I had to help. They weren't hardcore Pokemon gamers so they wouldn't play it constantly. And the game was terrible at telling you what to do. They would tell you once how/where to go to move the Psyduck's. If they do the zigzag again they should add a hint system and just do it right. Maybe like the one in Ocarina of Time. I even have a strat guild but it is not set in linear order to the story so it was basically useless when it came to the zigzag.

White FC: 4727 7654 4502

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I honestly have no idea how you could possibly get lost in DPPt
    Me either; you're hand-held the whole way there. Same for Unova - they practically have signposts up in neon. You cannot get lost.

I picked up Red Version just before Christmas and started playing it for the lulz...it was hilarious. I'd walk out of a gym and just stand there, expecting a phone call or a bad guy to run by or a professor to appear and tell me what to do next. It was so disorienting!
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    I really hope they get back to the DP game style more circling. Not so linear. Let us work to get to a gym. make HM useful and let us need them to play and advance!

I DISAGREE! i would hate it if they made 6th gen play like they did DP. IMO DPPT was the worst generation.
    though i can say that i hope the story is more engaging then B2/W2 was; the game was kind of monotonous

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I DISAGREE! i would hate it if they made 6th gen play like they did DP. IMO DPPT was the worst generation.
    though i can say that i hope the story is more engaging then B2/W2 was; the game was kind of monotonous
    Thank You! xD Gen 4 was just so bad.
    Idk I thought there was more story in B/W2 than any other gen. It was just all poured onto you in the beginning- middle of the game. They should of drug it out to the elite 4 or even after.
    Thats what I hope for this game. That for once the main story surpasses the elite 4.

Idk I thought there was more story in B/W2 than any other gen. It was just all poured onto you in the beginning- middle of the game. They should of drug it out to the elite 4 or even after.
    Thats what I hope for this game. That for once the main story surpasses the elite 4.
    They sort of did that in Pt with the player stamping out the last of Team galactic at Mt. Stark. imo, apart from Looker's involvement getting his international police on, they didn't execute it too well as it wasn't nearly as eventful as Spear Pillar, or even infiltrating their hideout in Veilstone after the drama with the lakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    They sort of did that in Pt with the player stamping out the last of Team galactic at Mt. Stark. imo, apart from Looker's involvement getting his international police on, they didn't execute it too well as it wasn't nearly as eventful as Spear Pillar, or even infiltrating their hideout in Veilstone after the drama with the lakes.
    I skipped Pt because of the disappointment of Pearl. Yeah that's what I'm saying, the MAIN story should be pulled after the elite 4 not a little side story about stomping out the rest of team galactic. They did that in B/W as well, you could go and find the rest of the team plasma leaders and show them the wrong of their ways and all that. I want a huge event to happen but they don't need to hold the legendary Pokemon until after the elite 4. B/W2 did that and it was weird. You couldn't get Kyurem until you defeated the elite 4. I just want another big event to happen after the elite 4.

The biggest issue with players seemed to be everything about moving the Psyduck's. I played through the game 3 times and the 1st time I got it right away but that was because I was playing constantly. After a couple years I went back to it, played it for a bit then had to go have a life then when I would come back to it I would have forgotten what I was doing and where I had to go which seemed to be the cause of everyone I had to help. They weren't hardcore Pokemon gamers so they wouldn't play it constantly. And the game was terrible at telling you what to do. They would tell you once how/where to go to move the Psyduck's. If they do the zigzag again they should add a hint system and just do it right. Maybe like the one in Ocarina of Time. I even have a strat guild but it is not set in linear order to the story so it was basically useless when it came to the zigzag.
    The Psyducks aren't really a problem. Just go to Pastoria City (which is easy enough to get to if you check the Map), beat Crasher Wake, and then talk to the Galactic grunt near the Great Marsh. Should be easy enough. Strength was a bit harder to find, only because they give you no other reason to explore Lost Tower and you don't really need it until after the 6th gym. If they'd have given you some sort of hint to explore Lost Tower right about then I'd have no complaint, but by then you'll have likely forgotten about it.

Anyway, to further expand on my hint item idea, it would be like the Fame Checker and record storyline important conversations. Using BW2 as an example, they could record Professor Juniper's dialogue in Lentimas Town telling you to go visit Drayden in Opelucid City to learn about Kyurem and when you get lost, you can bring it up and you'd remember that your next destination is Opelucid City. Furthermore, if you don't know where Opelucid City is, it could point it out to you on the map (kind of like in Metroid games). It could also record secondary objectives as well, such as sidequests (for example, "Turn off the generator in New Mauville"), locations of special Pokemon such as legendaries ("investigate the Old Chateau"), etc. and mark them as such so that you know which ones are important and which ones aren't.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, the MAIN story should be pulled after the elite 4 not a little side story about stomping out the rest of team galactic. They did that in B/W as well, you could go and find the rest of the team plasma leaders and show them the wrong of their ways and all that. I want a huge event to happen but they don't need to hold the legendary Pokemon until after the elite 4. B/W2 did that and it was weird. You couldn't get Kyurem until you defeated the elite 4. I just want another big event to happen after the elite 4.
    If you mean after you get the National Dex (which marks the beginning of post game), then don't expect anything substantial. The storyline's over by then, and you can't be expected to keep going after that. They can't put huge events in a part of the game where people may not even continue. Having something like BW1 where the storyline ends with Team Plasma instead of the Elite 4 is okay, though.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 25th January 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Gen IV had the best storyline imo. actually only platinum. It was quite clear what you had to do (at least if you read what npc's said) and **** started to get real after 7th gym. It all fitted so perfectly. It was way better than gen V if you ask me, where you could just walk a straight line.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

BW2 was fine from the point of storytelling. The TP story was introduced nicely and the fighting was nice and a bit of a challenge.

But BW was crap and just thrown together! SW and E Unova wasn't used at all just for the purpose of BW2. Sinnoh was really good used different locations the way through the game was really well done for me. But it's probably just what people personally want!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    Gen IV had the best storyline imo. actually only platinum. It was quite clear what you had to do (at least if you read what npc's said) and **** started to get real after 7th gym. It all fitted so perfectly. It was way better than gen V if you ask me, where you could just walk a straight line.
    What does "walking a straight line" have to do with storyline? Storyline is the actual plot of the game.

BW2 was fine from the point of storytelling. The TP story was introduced nicely and the fighting was nice and a bit of a challenge.

But BW was crap and just thrown together! SW and E Unova wasn't used at all just for the purpose of BW2. Sinnoh was really good used different locations the way through the game was really well done for me. But it's probably just what people personally want!
    If they used every part of Unova at the start, then post game there wouldn't be anything to explore and people would complain about that. The same thing happened with Black 2/White 2 anyways. Plus the DP games also had post game areas, as did every other game besides the first generation.

There's probably going to be areas in these games that are post game only as well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I don't say games shouldn't have post league exclusive areas,but in BW they were poory used. undella and B city / w forest. Didn't gave us something new like battle frontier.

But let' s see what GF has in store for us. Or they could introduce a bit different storyline with the challenge mode if they are concerned about the young players don't get the story fom the begging.

I don't say games shouldn't have post league exclusive areas,but in BW they were poory used. undella and B city / w forest. Didn't gave us something new like battle frontier.

But let' s see what GF has in store for us. Or they could introduce a bit different storyline with the challenge mode if they are concerned about the young players don't get the story fom the begging.
    They don't have to give something new like a Battle Frontier, just a new place to explore should be enough. At they still at least had something somewhat special in those places. Undella had the ruins plus Cynthia, and the Black City/White Forest made use of having better version differences between the games(I would have prefer if it wasn't related with connecting to people or whatever though).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Or they could introduce a bit different storyline with the challenge mode if they are concerned about the young players don't get the story fom the begging.
    I don't think they'd change the storyline in Challenge Mode, or at least not unless they include some kind of New Game+ option to let you replay the storyline without wiping your progress (although I seriously doubt this will happen). There's no point in different storylines in the same game if game progress must be erased to do so, players will be more hesitant to do so.

I probably should mention that BW were the first games of the generation. Typically they don't have that much postgame content as the 3rd version/sequel later in the gen. DP didn't have a Battle Frontier either, just the Battle Tower. The first pair in general have less postgame content than later games. Emerald and Pt had the battle frontier, while BW2 had areas like Clay Road in addition to the PWT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I probably should mention that BW were the first games of the generation. Typically they don't have that much postgame content as the 3rd version/sequel later in the gen. DP didn't have a Battle Frontier either, just the Battle Tower. The first pair in general have less postgame content than later games. Emerald and Pt had the battle frontier, while BW2 had areas like Clay Road in addition to the PWT.
    Which is always really annoying, especially when they intentionally remove features from the first games to make the later ones look better.

Idk if this is the right thread...but,
    What type of new moves do you people think will be introduced?
    In gen 5, Fighting, Psychic, and Dark type moves had the highest number of new moves added to there types respectively.
    I wasn't too happy for one, when they totally nurfed Encore.
    So with that said I just can't help but wonder what new moves will be added or what old moves will be NURFED >.< or UPGRADED ^.^
    I'm hoping for a Fighting type version of Pursuit but with low distribution. Finally 'pursuit' Tyrannitar out of battle<3
    I would also like some more moves like After you or Simple Beam. They don't seem like a lot, but are simply awesome!
    Simple Beam on a Slaking! Follow that up with an After you Focus punch.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 26th January 2013 at 9:01 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Oops, I didn't finish my sentence. What I was trying to say was that I think the storyline in bw was way to easy compared to gen IV.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

That's true! but either way the pre-League part could've been don better!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    Oops, I didn't finish my sentence. What I was trying to say was that I think the storyline in bw was way to easy compared to gen IV.
    That's maybe the really issue! DPPt was pretty hard to manage. But we will see how they handle it in XY!

I hope this game has less linear gameplay. I mean in SInnoh you had to go back and forth and back and forth and it was nice that way. BW, on the other hand, only had about 2 (4 depending if you already explored Relic Castle a bit) , which were back to back. (Nacrene>Route 4>Desert Resort>Relic Castle)

SO I really hope that we have to go back, then forth again. At least in challenge mode. And I hope we get fly later: then that would make the game harder and gameplay takew longer...

Speaking of linearity, another aspect I'd like to see in this region are puzzling routes.

Unova's routes in general are plainly a straight line, unlike routes in previous regions where there are more twists, splits and turns and would require some puzzle-solving skills to get through.
    They did good with Unova's Route 22 and 23. I kinda expect more in this region.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    What type of new moves do you people think will be introduced?
    The type will vary, that's for sure.

As for the moves themselves, I would like to see moves from the TCG make it into the console games.
    For example, Frozen Wings or Riptide. Smack is a good choice as well, considering there are a few cards with that move.
    Life Drain can also be a good one, if it becomes like a Psychic-Type Giga Drain.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Here is one move that could change the metagame forever in Gen 6 IMO:

Spoiler:- spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Here is one move that could change the metagame forever in Gen 6 IMO:

Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Nah fire priority is the move.

I'd like to say some things I have come up with and read about over the internet and I'm not going through 70 pages to find out if you guys already talked about it so just chillax.. Firstly, I am pretty sure that the main protagonist will be customizable, at least his clothes.. In the trailer it shows him panning away from the character after looking in the mirror, I think the mirrors will be used to customize your clothes maybe after collecting them kind of in the same way you collect props now.. It seems unlikely that mirrors would serve the only purpose of showing the front of your character.. I also feel strongly about this because of the power and features of the 3DS.. With street pass and spot pass, it seems more likely that you would have individualism from others.. Secondly, I thought about a really sweet idea that would kick major butt if they did it.. I was curious as to why they have yet to release Red/Blue/Yellow to the 3DS virtual console or even a 3D classic of them and then I thought about something else, what if they were waiting to release those because they want to implement a way to transfer pokemon from the originals all the way up to current and future Gens? I just think this would be the perfect time to do that and a fun way to amp up the originals.. Give me some thoughts...

Page 56 of 526 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast