Page 59 of 526 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Triple battles are fun, but how can Nintendo pull it off? When I played Black and White, it would be random trainers that decided to make you battle triple/rotation battles. Now that I think about it, I didn't run into a lot of double battles in the fifth generation games. I miss the times when two trainers see you and make you have a double battle. Would it be possible for triple battles to form this way?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Triple battles are fun, but how can Nintendo pull it off? When I played Black and White, it would be random trainers that decided to make you battle triple/rotation battles. Now that I think about it, I didn't run into a lot of double battles in the fifth generation games. I miss the times when two trainers see you and make you have a double battle. Would it be possible for triple battles to form this way?
    Yes it would be possible, but rather hard and unnecessary. I think it should be left to individual trainers who happen to want a triple battle. That just seems the best way to go about it.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  3. #1453
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Will the shiny charm come back?
    Hopefully yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Will there be any "free" shinies in-game like Haxorus, or Dratini/Gible?
    ....Hopefully not.
    That kind of thing devalues the shinies, many people can complete the regional Dex/beat the facility easily, so Shiny Dragonite and Shiny Haxorus greatly loses its value as many people have them now. Shiny Garchomp? That thing never has any value to begin with, so I'm okay if we get another free Shiny Gible.




    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

    What the heck is missing in the current box system? You can move the entire 30 pokemon from one box to another in one go already, there's not really any use for other upgrades or what not.
    Yes, we can do a "mass moving". But there's no "mass release" yet.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  4. #1454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Yes it would be possible, but rather hard and unnecessary. I think it should be left to individual trainers who happen to want a triple battle. That just seems the best way to go about it.
    There isn't likely to be triple tag battles, for one main reason: the logistics of movement. That is to say, what if one person wanted to move thier pokemon to another spot, but the one who's pokemon was currently there didn't want it to leave that spot? It doesn't matter in doubles because every pokemon can hit every other pokemon, but in triples the two side pokemon can't. Sure, 3 computer controlled players wouldn't be worried about that, but if they were to show 3 npcs battling like that, there would be an expectancy from the fanbase that we could do that, and then they run into the problem mentioned earlier.

    I would like to see multiplayer free-for-all battles, though those are unlikely to ever happen.

    One thing I do seeing happening in this gen is a change in the way hidden abilities are able to be bred for. By that I mean either with a certain item or maybe using an Imposter Ditto (or even just a normal Ditto bred with a pokemon that has it's hidden ability). It may not happen with X and Y, but I think at the very least it'll be in the following game(s).

    There are other things I'd like to see. A mass release, as Shine just mentioned, would be nice.

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quincymccoy View Post
    Apparently X and Y is set to introduce a brand new Pokemon Type!

    – Mainline 3DS Pokemon game needs roughly two more years before it’s released. Uses a full 3D engine and will have a story dealing with a world wide crisis. A new Pokemon type will be introduced (has not been done since Gold and Silver) and while not as many new Pokemon as in past gens older Pokemon will get new abilities and forms. Will maximize the Nintendo 3DS use of 3D, StreetPass and online connectivity.

    http://gengame.net/2012/11/next-year...d-playstation/

    Yes, it may just be a rumor right now, but its definitely a possibility!

    It's a news posted on November 2012, which also states that "main 3DS Pokemon game will be released around 2 years from now".

    Guess what happened in nine months from now?

    So yeah, that one is fake.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    843

    Default

    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ced-for-japan/

    Can anyone explain what " the tool will allow 3ds owners to transfer save files from physcial game carts to the 3DS internal SD card for use with a digitally-download copy of the same game" means?
    Does it mean that you can download retail games from teh eshop and upload them on "empty" cartridges? If so, then maybe there could be a way to upload your whole game and then you can put your gen IV or V games and transfer pokemon like that without using a buddy's 3ds/ds.



    How about this?

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/net...ork_status.jsp

    It says that there will be "maintanence starting Jan 28 to Jan 29" and Pokemon Black/white Black/white 2 are affected. Is it possible that Nintendo Network will be coming to the 3DS sooner than we think it will?
    Last edited by confuser987; 28th January 2013 at 3:07 AM.

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ced-for-japan/

    Can anyone explain what " the tool will allow 3ds owners to transfer save files from physcial game carts to the 3DS internal SD card for use with a digitally-download copy of the same game" means?
    Does it mean that you can download retail games from teh eshop and upload them on "empty" cartridges? If so, then maybe there could be a way to upload your whole game and then you can put your gen IV or V games and transfer pokemon like that without using a buddy's 3ds/ds.



    How about this?

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/net...ork_status.jsp

    It says that there will be "maintanence starting Jan 28 to Jan 29" and Pokemon Black/white Black/white 2 are affected. Is it possible that Nintendo Network will be coming to the 3DS sooner than we think it will?
    All we can do is keep our fingers crossed!

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ced-for-japan/

    Can anyone explain what " the tool will allow 3ds owners to transfer save files from physcial game carts to the 3DS internal SD card for use with a digitally-download copy of the same game" means?
    Does it mean that you can download retail games from teh eshop and upload them on "empty" cartridges? If so, then maybe there could be a way to upload your whole game and then you can put your gen IV or V games and transfer pokemon like that without using a buddy's 3ds/ds.
    No. Its a means of transferring your save data from a physical game cart to the 3DS' SD card so you can play your current save file with a new purchased digital release. It has nothing to do with Pokemon.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    129

    Default

    One thing I'd like to see, is if you have open spaces in your party when you catch a Pokemon, to have the option to keep it with you or send it to the PC. It gets annoying early in the game when I'm catching stuff for the Dex to have to take numerous trips to my PC to deposit Pokemon I don't plan on using.

    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

    Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayeeprill View Post
    One thing I'd like to see, is if you have open spaces in your party when you catch a Pokemon, to have the option to keep it with you or send it to the PC. It gets annoying early in the game when I'm catching stuff for the Dex to have to take numerous trips to my PC to deposit Pokemon I don't plan on using.
    That's would be a useful, yet minor feature in the game. It does save a lot of time while you're on the road. And it would also be good for players who tend to only catch pokemon they plan to use during the entire game until post-game, as I also speak for myself on this one.

    Good idea, but fingers crossed.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found it on 4Chan and I LOVED it.

    https://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1359404052719.png

    Also, not to make the home town useless, ADD A BERRY GARDEN!!!
    Last edited by pichu-is-super-cute; 28th January 2013 at 10:54 PM.

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found it on 4Chan and I LOVED it.

    https://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1359404052719.png
    This is the first time I'll be seeing a Best Buy in a pokemon game.

    Also, not to make the home town useless, ADD A BERRY GARDEN!!!
    The hometown's not at all useless. You can always heal your pokemon at home. But a berry garden would sound somewhat useful anyway. Rather it being something accessible post-game (if it were going to happen anyway).
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Specter Vyle View Post
    This is the first time I'll be seeing a Best Buy in a pokemon game.



    The hometown's not at all useless. You can always heal your pokemon at home. But a berry garden would sound somewhat useful anyway. Rather it being something accessible post-game (if it were going to happen anyway).
    It's not about the "Best Buy" but the text. The picture served as an illustration. And honestly, out of my friend group, no-one uses the home town after the first few minutes.

    Still, a way to customize your home would work fantastic! Invest enough money and you have yourself a berry garden, a PP-restorer generator and much more. There's a lot of untapped potential in the character home.

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    It's not about the "Best Buy" but the text. The picture served as an illustration. And honestly, out of my friend group, no-one uses the home town after the first few minutes.

    Still, a way to customize your home would work fantastic! Invest enough money and you have yourself a berry garden, a PP-restorer generator and much more. There's a lot of untapped potential in the character home.

    But all these things sound like they can be beneficial additions to Join avenue. I'd much rather have an improved Join Avenue, then have my hometown 'upgraded'

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    But all these things sound like they can be beneficial additions to Join avenue. I'd much rather have an improved Join Avenue, then have my hometown 'upgraded'
    Meh. Was just a little idea I enjoyed very much.

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    You know what super useless and awesome feature I want back? Cutting grass with cut. I remember doing it in red, and gold and silver. But I don't remember the last time I've seen it since. I always found it amusing to clear out routes when I was bored. Also the vs. Seeker is always welcome. Though I would take just the breeders again as well.

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direelite View Post
    Also the vs. Seeker is always welcome. Though I would take just the breeders again as well.
    Oh dear Arceus, the breeders. If they must bring them back, put them somewhere out of the way. It's very annoying having to constantly avoid them. But I'd take the Vs. Seeker any day of the week, the Vs. Seeker is something that never should've been removed in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by direelite View Post
    You know what super useless and awesome feature I want back? Cutting grass with cut. I remember doing it in red, and gold and silver. But I don't remember the last time I've seen it since. I always found it amusing to clear out routes when I was bored.
    Last time was in 3rd Gen. I agree that it should return, it was minor, but amusing.

    And it also makes Cut slightly more useful, as we can avoid wild battles when we need to go back to Pokemon Center quickly.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    the Vs. Seeker is something that never should've been removed in the first place.
    Exactly why would they even take it out? It can't be that hard to implement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Last time was in 3rd Gen. I agree that it should return, it was minor, but amusing.

    And it also makes Cut slightly more useful, as we can avoid wild battles when we need to go back to Pokemon Center quickly.
    Yeah I was trying to remember if it was in 3rd gen. Thanks.
    Last edited by direelite; 29th January 2013 at 4:08 AM.

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found it on 4Chan and I LOVED it.

    https://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1359404052719.png

    Also, not to make the home town useless, ADD A BERRY GARDEN!!!
    Berries in general should get a much-needd return.
    And Aspertia City wasn't really worthless.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    And Aspertia City wasn't really worthless.
    Coz it was a city. The other towns were useless.
    And what is this Urobos in that pic anyway. It's not the real name right ?

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found it on 4Chan and I LOVED it.

    https://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1359404052719.png

    Also, not to make the home town useless, ADD A BERRY GARDEN!!!
    Thanks, now that I've seen it I actually want something like that to happen, for the Department Store/Shopping Mall. Part of the reason I didn't like Shopping Mall Nine compared to other Department Stores was because it lacked novelty. I mean, Kanto's sells evolution stones, Johto's and Hoenn's have done neat things like raffles and clearance sales, Hoenn's and Sinnoh's sell Secret Base items, Sinnoh's sells berries and poffins, and what does Unova's have? Nothing outside of the usual Department Store fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    I hope with the customization(if there is any) they have something like the one in "Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels Of The Starry Skies". Just replaying that game and realizing how amazing their customization is. Though I doubt they would allow different skin tones, faces, eye color and even hair color because then how would they go about explaining the Manga? And what about official artwork?


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  24. #1474
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I hope with the customization(if there is any) they have something like the one in "Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels Of The Starry Skies". Just replaying that game and realizing how amazing their customization is. Though I doubt they would allow different skin tones, faces, eye color and even hair color because then how would they go about explaining the Manga? And what about official artwork?
    Exactly. This is why I think they will not add customization. The official artwork for the protag will get messed up. And we won't have an official protag to identify with.

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Exactly. This is why I think they will not add customization. The official artwork for the protag will get messed up. And we won't have an official protag to identify with.
    Well maybe not complete customization but I can see them allowing us to change hairstyles, accessories and clothing but that's about it. Because even if those features I just mentioned were changed it would still be the same character.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Page 59 of 526 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •