Page 60 of 526 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Well maybe not complete customization but I can see them allowing us to change hairstyles, accessories and clothing but that's about it. Because even if those features I just mentioned were changed it would still be the same character.
    Idk. Depends on how GF sees it. If they want to create an iconic protag which anyone can easily recognize, then they might not put customization at all.
    Or if they don't feel like that, they might add it. Personally, I like the first option, never understand the hype about customization.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Personally, I like the first option, never understand the hype about customization.
    I can't speak for all but for me personally I want characterization because it gives me the chance to personalize the character to my liking. What if I don't like the default character they have given to me? Why should I have to deal with it for whole game? Also I can see them adding side achievements where the prize is different outfits.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I support the VS. Seeker come back as well.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Credits to FairyWitch and Enchanted Hollow Graphics for the userbar & broomstig for Master League bar
    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
    I support the VS. Seeker come back as well.
    I don't see why they ever took it out. It was very fun, and I doubt any pokefan would deny this idea.
    Though to be completely honest, I like how in B2/W2, they allow you to fight in the Small, and Big stadium once a day. Which is nice, but the versus seeker is much wanted back.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I just thought of a way that the following mechanic could be brought back. All right, so happiness is apparently playing a much bigger role this game, right? So what if your Pokemon's happiness would increase quicker if they follow you around?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I just thought of a way that the following mechanic could be brought back. All right, so happiness is apparently playing a much bigger role this game, right? So what if your Pokemon's happiness would increase quicker if they follow you around?
    It did in HG/SS, that's one of the main resons I want pokémon to follow me again just so I could evolve Pokémon like Togepi, Chansey and Pichu much faster.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

I have a feeling that walking the Meinfoo thing in Humilau in bw2 is hinting at the fact that the walking mechanic is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That'd be wicked, except that they should give us the option on whether we want them let out or not. This way, those who find it annoying can have the choice to keep things the way it is.

I'd love to see my pokemon follow me around. In HG/SS I remember letting each one of them out to see which looks best next to me. Man oh man it gets lonely.
    Knarly, dude!

Considering that the trailer didn't show any following Pokemon, maybe this time the feature can be turned off.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I honestly don't think we'll see that feature come back. Surely they would have done so by now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have a feeling that walking the Meinfoo thing in Humilau in bw2 is hinting at the fact that the walking mechanic is returning.
    They really trolled us with the Unova pokemon overworld sprites in BW2, didn't they? ^^;

As much as I want to believe that following pokemon is returning (it was my fave added feature EVER) I honestly don't think it is. At least not yet. With the new 3d graphics wouldn't it look a bit...I don't know...weird? I imagine it would obstruct your line of sight a little?
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Berries in general should get a much-needd return.
    And Aspertia City wasn't really worthless.
    Not very familiar with B2W2, since I didn't decide to buy it. However, almost all the other home towns were useless. Which is what I based my statement on.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I hope with the customization(if there is any) they have something like the one in "Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels Of The Starry Skies". Just replaying that game and realizing how amazing their customization is. Though I doubt they would allow different skin tones, faces, eye color and even hair color because then how would they go about explaining the Manga? And what about official artwork?
    They can do what Bioware did with the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age 2. Those games had heavy character customization but their was still a design used for official artwork and stuff. Gamefreak can do the same with X and Y. As for Pokemon following the player, I thought it was an awesome feature that should return. It adds to the immersion of the game and lets you connect more with your favorite Pokemon. Plus it just looks really cool. Also I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of shoving an animal in a small metal ball. How the hell is PETA not going ape**** everytime one of these games get released?

I wonder what kind of cut scene we'll get for the legendary encounters

I was thinking, maybe there could be a really peaceful and quiet scene for Xerneas, like the Player walks into a forest area and the camera pans around the area until Xerneas pops out of the trees and looks up the stares at the player (like in the trailer)

For Yveltal...hmmm I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    They really trolled us with the Unova pokemon overworld sprites in BW2, didn't they? ^^;

As much as I want to believe that following pokemon is returning (it was my fave added feature EVER) I honestly don't think it is. At least not yet. With the new 3d graphics wouldn't it look a bit...I don't know...weird? I imagine it would obstruct your line of sight a little?
    Now that you've mentioned that, I kinda think it would be a bit off. Perhaps the camera would pan out farther to compensate such movement? Still seems a bit weird to me. But gotta agree, it was a fun feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    They can do what Bioware did with the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age 2. Those games had heavy character customization but their was still a design used for official artwork and stuff. Gamefreak can do the same with X and Y. As for Pokemon following the player, I thought it was an awesome feature that should return. It adds to the immersion of the game and lets you connect more with your favorite Pokemon. Plus it just looks really cool. Also I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of shoving an animal in a small metal ball. How the hell is PETA not going ape**** everytime one of these games get released?
    I agree with the customization part, and I was thinking about how those other games did it too. I don't think it'll be as big as DA2 though, but yeah I understand where ya at on that. As for PETA, when have they not gone ape**** bout every other little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bloocookies View Post
    I wonder what kind of cut scene we'll get for the legendary encounters

I was thinking, maybe there could be a really peaceful and quiet scene for Xerneas, like the Player walks into a forest area and the camera pans around the area until Xerneas pops out of the trees and looks up the stares at the player (like in the trailer)

For Yveltal...hmmm I don't know
    Dude I really, really hope the cutscenes were like those we saw in the trailer. Though I really don't think that would be the case. I think the music plays a part. Things like subtle echoes and rustling of leaves, those help build the tension.
    Last edited by humilau; 29th January 2013 at 6:12 PM.
    Knarly, dude!

For berrys to come back seems feasible. Look at the route three scene in the trailer. look at the left hand side. Behind the trees looks like there are some mud patches by the path. This looks like berry patches, so i think they are returning

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy T View Post
    Also I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of shoving an animal in a small metal ball. How the hell is PETA not going ape**** everytime one of these games get released?
    I guess you haven't seen this abomination against logic, then?

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-bla...-white-parody/

PETA is apparently made up of f*ckwits who've never played an actual pokemon game in their lives. It makes me angry that they're spending time and money demonizing a franchise which promotes respect for animals, fellow human beings and the environment when they could be spending it catching people who, I don't know, kick puppies into blenders and tie fireworks to cats or whatever.

But anyways, back in on-topic land, I'd really like growing berries to return but only in the HGSS format. I cannot bear having to remember where I planted the things and have to fly over to water them in various spots 3 times a day. Waaaay too much effort.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I guess you haven't seen this abomination against logic, then?

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-bla...-white-parody/

PETA is apparently made up of f*ckwits who've never played an actual pokemon game in their lives. It makes me angry that they're spending time and money demonizing a franchise which promotes respect for animals, fellow human beings and the environment when they could be spending it catching people who, I don't know, kick puppies into blenders and tie fireworks to cats or whatever.

But anyways, back in on-topic land, I'd really like growing berries to return but only in the HGSS format. I cannot bear having to remember where I planted the things and have to fly over to water them in various spots 3 times a day. Waaaay too much effort.
    Either that or just make a berry farm with 15 patches or something. HGSS was cool and all but I want to collect berries en masse and the DW does not cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    For berrys to come back seems feasible. Look at the route three scene in the trailer. look at the left hand side. Behind the trees looks like there are some mud patches by the path. This looks like berry patches, so i think they are returning
    I think what you're seeing is just a raised piece of land. The road clearly goes between two darker brown strips, but if you look to the right just before that scene cuts away you can see the same brown in a vertical strip close to the town. I think they're just cliffs similar to those on the right hand side of the screen, but only a single layer.

Honestly, if berries return I'd rather they be more like acorns for G/S/HG/SS Permanent Trees/bushes that are harvestable every day/few days or whatever. I never really got into growing berries because of having to run around to find the different patches where you could plant one or two or whatever, then having to remember to go back and water and harvest them in a timely fashion... no thanks. A farm or HG/SS's thing might allieviate some of that, but you still have to remember about watering and harvesting, just too time consuming for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I honestly don't think we'll see that feature come back. Surely they would have done so by now.

Yeah. I don't see it coming back either. As much as I loved the feature, I think id rather do without.
    Secondly, I do very much wonder what this new happiness feature is. It couldn't be anything that involves accuracy modifiers, just. Because I feel that woul defeat the purpose of moves like Coil or Hone Claws. Maybe increased BP? And even that sounds like a stretch. Hopefully its nothing that would affect overrall strategy, as I would hate to have to re-do my pokemons movesets because of a new feature as opposed to because there are new threats in the metagame.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

I don't mind berries as I wouldn't use them very often anyways, the one thing I will lose my mind upon seeing is the random calling from the 2nd gen that threw me off pokemon for about 4 years. That's the most annoying feature in any pokemon game. EVER. (in my opinion)

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I don't mind berries as I wouldn't use them very often anyways, the one thing I will lose my mind upon seeing is the random calling from the 2nd gen that threw me off pokemon for about 4 years. That's the most annoying feature in any pokemon game. EVER. (in my opinion)
    Berries need to come back. Someway somehow! The brought them back in 5th gen through DW, and followed it with Join Avenue. Berries are essential in certain strategies, and if not strategies, then at times when EV training. I know I hve zero'd out a pokemons stats a bunch of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    the one thing I will lose my mind upon seeing is the random calling from the 2nd gen that threw me off pokemon for about 4 years. That's the most annoying feature in any pokemon game. EVER. (in my opinion)
    "My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata!"

*hurls DS against wall*
    - Hiatus Notice -

Honestly, its going to be interesting with a 3D interface, were going to have a completely new feel in terms of the adventure aspect of the game

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

I highly doubt that was a hint, but I wouldn't mind being able to walk with Pokemon again like we did in HG/SS. Judging from the trailer though, either it's not possible or we can walk with Pokemon and we'll merely have the option to walk by ourselves if we want to. I hope it's the latter. That might be enough to convince me to buy these games.

Page 60 of 526 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast