Page 61 of 526 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I highly doubt that was a hint, but I wouldn't mind being able to walk with Pokemon again like we did in HG/SS. Judging from the trailer though, either it's not possible or we can walk with Pokemon and we'll merely have the option to walk by ourselves if we want to. I hope it's the latter. That might be enough to convince me to buy these games.
    I honestly don't see the hype of Pokemon following you around, it's never made a difference with me

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Why they took away the ability to easily obtain Berries is beyond me, Berries are quite useful. Not to mention the Berry Get jingle is the best.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I had an idea the other day which I thought would be pretty neat. Given how they've said the importance of growing bonds with your Pokémon, and the fact that DNA symbols appear in the Japanese versions of the game logo, I think it would be really cool if they heavily expanded upon the Breeding system to be much more than getting Pokémon with given egg moves and IVs.

What I had in mind was the idea of the DNA of parent Pokémon actually having a much great impact on their children and future generations - for example, actually changing the base stats of the child to a degree, as well as expanding its move pool slightly based on compatible moves in its parents' move pools. This way, you could eventually get Pokémon who may normally have mediocre stats to have BSTs much more comparable to those that are commonly featured in competitive play, as well as help improve the lacklustre move pools of some species. On top of this, I think it would really help emphasise the taking care of the Pokémon and the bond that you have, as you could potentially have very unique and individual Pokémon who have changed thanks to evolution via generations of breeding.

As much as I would love for something like this to happen, I doubt it will, but still, I can always hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Why they took away the ability to easily obtain Berries is beyond me, Berries are quite useful. Not to mention the Berry Get jingle is the best.
    Yeah ! I love the berry picking sound from gen 3 !

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I honestly don't see the hype of Pokemon following you around, it's never made a difference with me
    It adds more depth to your relationship with the pokes IMO. They become more of a companion rather than some creatures locked up in a ball.

@HungryHippo5 : So, you can basically take any poke and modify its stats as much as you want. Nice idea. I can imagine that would add a whole new dimension to competitive battling.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 30th January 2013 at 5:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo5 View Post
    I had an idea the other day which I thought would be pretty neat. Given how they've said the importance of growing bonds with your Pokémon, and the fact that DNA symbols appear in the Japanese versions of the game logo, I think it would be really cool if they heavily expanded upon the Breeding system to be much more than getting Pokémon with given egg moves and IVs.

What I had in mind was the idea of the DNA of parent Pokémon actually having a much great impact on their children and future generations - for example, actually changing the base stats of the child to a degree, as well as expanding its move pool slightly based on compatible moves in its parents' move pools. This way, you could eventually get Pokémon who may normally have mediocre stats to have BSTs much more comparable to those that are commonly featured in competitive play, as well as help improve the lacklustre move pools of some species. On top of this, I think it would really help emphasise the taking care of the Pokémon and the bond that you have, as you could potentially have very unique and individual Pokémon who have changed thanks to evolution via generations of breeding.

As much as I would love for something like this to happen, I doubt it will, but still, I can always hope!
    Two things that (I feel) would result from this:
    1. Bred Pokemon would become completely unique and would, in turn, become wildly unpredictable in the competitive metagame. This would be awesome.
    2. Bred Pokemon could be continuously refined until any Pokemon could, with enough time and effort, gain stats that would exceed those of our current ubers. This would be awesome to a point, then become a broken feature.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

hi guys, I just joined the forum! Anyway, I think that there could be an upper limit to how much you can affect your pokemon through breeding. Like every pokemon has a hidden potential you can exploit, but that's it/

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I really enjoyed it. Like carboncopy said, it adds a bit of depth to your relationship with your Pokemon. Can't see it happening with the over the shoulder camera angle though...
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    I really enjoyed it. Like carboncopy said, it adds a bit of depth to your relationship with your Pokemon. Can't see it happening with the over the shoulder camera angle though...
    ... Because?
    In Colosseum you had that redheaded girl following you around the entire game, and that was the same over-the-shoulder angle. just replace her with a Pokemon.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo5 View Post

This is a really good idea, but they'd have to impose sensible restrictions and caps on stats or people would be churning out egg after egg and reaping OTT benefits in movepool and stat boosts. It could quickly imbalance the competitive environment. Good idea though, if implemented correctly.

Am I the only person who wants three saves/ game files? I'm aware that it'd create certain exploits and Nintendo would lose money on people buying the other version but it'd be nice not to have to wipe out 50 hours+ of gameplay if you want to start a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutland's Moustache View Post
    This is a really good idea, but they'd have to impose sensible restrictions and caps on stats or people would be churning out egg after egg and reaping OTT benefits in movepool and stat boosts. It could quickly imbalance the competitive environment. Good idea though, if implemented correctly.

Am I the only person who wants three saves/ game files? I'm aware that it'd create certain exploits and Nintendo would lose money on people buying the other version but it'd be nice not to have to wipe out 50 hours+ of gameplay if you want to start a new game.
    I think 2 game files would be enough, even. I enjoy restarting games to Nuzlocke, but I can't really do that on any of my newer games due to the collection of event Pokemon I've accumulated.
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    I think 2 game files would be enough, even. I enjoy restarting games to Nuzlocke, but I can't really do that on any of my newer games due to the collection of event Pokemon I've accumulated.
    Indeed. It almost serves as a punishment for doing well or investing time into the game. You don't want to start again but you shouldn't have to spend another Ł30 to play the game slightly differently. I do wish there were multiple files.

I have an idea. There will only be one Save File, but after beating the game, you can begin a new game on that Save File, erasing your first game. But, when beating the Elite Four on the second game, you will gain access to all Pokémon you've selected from your previous game to get to your new game.

So, only one save file, but you can replay it while saving your Pokémon.

Well?
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I'd rather have two save files
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Maybe its so that berries don't lose there popularity? You know, keep some berries sought after.
    Like the eigma berry for example. I mean look at how unpopular type boosting items are! They are soo common and Id much
    Rather use a choice item, or maybe even wise glasses/muscle band then to use a Silk scarf on a pokemon...
    Idk just my theory.

Though I will be very disapointed if they don't give us a legit way for players to obtain berries.
    B2/W2's Join Avenue berry shop was a huge upgrade to the once exlusive DW berry garden. So with that sad, I hope there's a way to generate berries in-game.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 30th January 2013 at 8:49 PM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    Two things that (I feel) would result from this:
    1. Bred Pokemon would become completely unique and would, in turn, become wildly unpredictable in the competitive metagame. This would be awesome.
    2. Bred Pokemon could be continuously refined until any Pokemon could, with enough time and effort, gain stats that would exceed those of our current ubers. This would be awesome to a point, then become a broken feature.
    I can see a solution for your second point. A maximum value blockage.

Example: Empoleon's base speed stat is 60. With enough breeding, the maximum gain of this stat could be +10, resulting in 70 speed. Higher wouldn't be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pichu-is-super-cute View Post
    I can see a solution for your second point. A maximum value blockage.

Example: Empoleon's base speed stat is 60. With enough breeding, the maximum gain of this stat could be +10, resulting in 70 speed. Higher wouldn't be possible.
    It would need to be very limited to be balanced. How about this: if the parents both have a nature that raises a stat (e.g. one is Modest, the other is Quiet), their offspring will have a 'super-nature' that raises the stat by an extra 10%. This is separate from regular natures meaning you can have a pokemon with 2 +10% stats or potentially a 20% gain on one stat.

I'm debating whether to include 'sub-natures' that lower an extra 10% as well using similar mechanics. So you can have super-natures and sub-natures exclusive from eachother which could lead to an interesting situation where you could use a super-nature to counteract the negative effects of a normal nature leaving you with a 10% gain in one stat with no drawbacks or use sub-natures to decrease a pokemon's speed even more for Trick Room/Gyro Ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I have an idea. There will only be one Save File, but after beating the game, you can begin a new game on that Save File, erasing your first game. But, when beating the Elite Four on the second game, you will gain access to all Pokémon you've selected from your previous game to get to your new game.

So, only one save file, but you can replay it while saving your Pokémon.

Well?
    Wouldn't work. What happens when you've beaten the Elite Four but filled up your PC?

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Maybe its so that berries don't lose there popularity? You know, keep some berries sought after.
    Like the eigma berry for example. I mean look at how unpopular type boosting items are! They are soo common and Id much
    Rather use a choice item, or maybe even wise glasses/muscle band then to use a Silk scarf on a pokemon...
    Idk just my theory.
    I think Berries have definitely lost popularity, they're so hard to get now it's hard to use them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

About the multiple save files thing, provided that Nintendo release Pokémon X and Y digitally as they have been pushing with all their other 3DS titles, could you not theoretically copy your save data from the SD card and back it up. Obviously not as helpful as having separate save files, and I wonder if they may avoid digital download simply to avoid this, but would be helpful, especially when aiming to capture one-off Pokémon like the legendaries.

How would you feel if there the rebattlable breeder trainers come back for Gen VI and there are more of them?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    How would you feel if there the rebattlable breeder trainers come back for Gen VI and there are more of them?
    I personally don't like that they battle you when they spot you even when you have already battled you before. It has messed me up several times in the past. Like doing a Fes mission.

how does this sound for a feature? return stealth rock as a tm BUT make it so that it only does as much damage as a regular spikes attack.

also, even though i dont know how they would/are gonna be able to do it make it so that it is extremely difficult to make a tier system for the fans in otherwords make it so that each and every pokemon are on somewhat of an even playing field.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

You know, since there's going to be a ton of Pokemon to cover as well as store... I propose they may make another storage game/app and this time for the 3DS.
    Like... R/S/E (?)'s storage thing back in the GCN era where you could deposit multiple Pokemon and be able to claim them even if you started another file (which at the time was extremely beneficial what with the dry battery). Well, I'm sure the 3DS can handle the vast amount of storage that comes with each generation (30 boxes upped to about... 90?) but it'll be nice to have a proper storage.
    If it does come into play, it could also have some trivial stuff to keep those who may not have the game yet (or get the app the night before the release like DR) as well as items and Pokemon to trade back to the main games. But, since people like me restart the games over time to time to SR for shiny starters and start a BQ, that's where the unlimited comes into play. As long as you have the app and the respected data on your 3DS/XL you can still use it.

Well, it's a start I suppose.
    However, if we can't have that, then put the multiple pickup option B/W2 to further use and allow us to delete more than six Pokemon at a time (VERY beneficial for MM hunters).
    Of course there will be problems for those who may not want to accidentally delete good Pokemon, there should be two warnings, one to confirm that you want to do the action and a second one that decides to whether or not finalize the action.

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    You know, since there's going to be a ton of Pokemon to cover as well as store... I propose they may make another storage game/app and this time for the 3DS.
    Like... R/S/E (?)'s storage thing back in the GCN era where you could deposit multiple Pokemon and be able to claim them even if you started another file (which at the time was extremely beneficial what with the dry battery).
    The battery dying in R/S/E cartridges does not cause you to lose your save file. It just caused the Berry Glitch.

The battery dying in R/S/E cartridges does not cause you to lose your save file. It just caused the Berry Glitch.
    Are you sure?

Because something happened to my sapphire cartridge, and when I failed to save new games, I recall it saying something about the battery running dry.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I loved the breeder trainers, but I would want to encounter a set of them at different points in the game with higher levels and new evolutions every time, like the camera crew in the 3rd gen

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Page 61 of 526 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast