Page 62 of 526 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Can they make the breeders not challenge me every time they see me? Sure lets battle again if i talk to them but dont bother me every time i run past.

Om nom watermellon

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    How would you feel if there the rebattlable breeder trainers come back for Gen VI and there are more of them?
    I think they should just bring back the Vs. seeker or something so we can re battle ANY trainer. I also hated the way they went about the breeders in Gen 5. I shouldn't have to be forced to battle them again if I passed them, it should be optional.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    how does this sound for a feature? return stealth rock as a tm BUT make it so that it only does as much damage as a regular spikes attack.

also, even though i dont know how they would/are gonna be able to do it make it so that it is extremely difficult to make a tier system for the fans in otherwords make it so that each and every pokemon are on somewhat of an even playing field.
    First off. Through reading everything you wrote, (no offense, REALLY no offense) you don't sound accurately competitively sound.. let me explain.
    By saying you want stealth rock as a tm, is the same as saying you want higher distribution. Right?
    Well they already did that. 5th gen tutors can teach a vast majority of pokemon stealth rocks, so turning into a tm for 6th gen would be redundant. In my opinion, they should try to decrease distribution of stealth rocks this following gen.

Now about the tiers. First off, EVERY POKEMON is completely viable against almost every pokemon. That's why pokemon like Blissey can take out pokemon like Salamence, or Garchomp with one Ice beam. Its the same reason why Spinda can attempt to sweep teams. The only pokemon that are deminished or seem ucompetitively sound are pokemon that lack a niche (Far'fetched) or are being used completely wrong (defensive Wigglytuff). IMO every pokemon has a way to be used, and can dominate even the most powerful teams. I know this because a lot of my pokemon would never be used, yet, I find it rather easy to combat OU threats. That's another thing I should mention. A pokemon is only as good as its opponents weakness.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Are you sure?

Because something happened to my sapphire cartridge, and when I failed to save new games, I recall it saying something about the battery running dry.
    I am 100% sure, they learned most of their mistake from G/S/C.

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    Can they make the breeders not challenge me every time they see me? Sure lets battle again if i talk to them but dont bother me every time i run past.
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I think they should just bring back the Vs. seeker or something so we can re battle ANY trainer. I also hated the way they went about the breeders in Gen 5. I shouldn't have to be forced to battle them again if I passed them, it should be optional.
    I wholeheartedly agree. It was so annoying backtracing and being challenged again.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Solacen View Post
    Oh especially when your doing funfest missions. God that is irritating.

I wish they can do more iron tail alakazam stuff. I would like to teach a Dewott Ice punch before it becomes quadrupedal. This would be more practical for Samurott than a specially offensive alakazam with iron tail.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I wish they can do more iron tail alakazam stuff. I would like to teach a Dewott Ice punch before it becomes quadrupedal. This would be more practical for Samurott than a specially offensive alakazam with iron tail.
    You know Samurott can stand on its back legs right?

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    You know Samurott can stand on its back legs right?
    Many quadrupedal Pokemon can like bipedal pokemon can walk with all fours like pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    First off. Through reading everything you wrote, (no offense, REALLY no offense) you don't sound accurately competitively sound.. let me explain.
    By saying you want stealth rock as a tm, is the same as saying you want higher distribution. Right?
    Well they already did that. 5th gen tutors can teach a vast majority of pokemon stealth rocks, so turning into a tm for 6th gen would be redundant. In my opinion, they should try to decrease distribution of stealth rocks this following gen.

Now about the tiers. First off, EVERY POKEMON is completely viable against almost every pokemon. That's why pokemon like Blissey can take out pokemon like Salamence, or Garchomp with one Ice beam. Its the same reason why Spinda can attempt to sweep teams. The only pokemon that are deminished or seem ucompetitively sound are pokemon that lack a niche (Far'fetched) or are being used completely wrong (defensive Wigglytuff). IMO every pokemon has a way to be used, and can dominate even the most powerful teams. I know this because a lot of my pokemon would never be used, yet, I find it rather easy to combat OU threats. That's another thing I should mention. A pokemon is only as good as its opponents weakness.
    hmmm point taken and no offense taken.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I approve of how in BW2 all the rebattle-able stadium trainers started giving out items after a win, particularly carbos/protein etc. Please let's keep that - it's saving me a ton of money.

But mother of god how I miss the VS seeker
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I hope the good TMs are less expensive than before.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Why? Them being expensive actually makes sense since you can use TMs however much you want.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    But since TMs can now be permanently used, I don't expect the price to be much less if changed at all. I just want a little change up in the TMs as normal but please no more TMs like Quash. GF don't do it.

Edit: Ninja'd

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I agree, I loved the Vs. Seeker, so much fun to see the trainers' Pokemon lvl up and evolve too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    I agree, I loved the Vs. Seeker, so much fun to see the trainers' Pokemon lvl up and evolve too.
    Agreed. I hope they implement a way to battle every trainer more than once, and see them level up, evolve., and get new pokes along the way. In other words, I want tons of rivals, without them tieing into the story

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I approve of how in BW2 all the rebattle-able stadium trainers started giving out items after a win, particularly carbos/protein etc. Please let's keep that - it's saving me a ton of money.

But mother of god how I miss the VS seeker
    I also approve! I found the stadiums a fun way to pass time, also they give really good items at times like PPup/Max's or Rare candies, and even sometimes vitamins, heck I don't even remember the last ime I actually bought carbos, iron, etc.
    Although I do wish they weere slightly stronger, I feel the pokemon used in stadiums are somewhat balanced. I'd also like it if there was a variety of pokemon to battle, instead of the same trainers, with the same teams every time. Maybe make it so that after battling in the big/small a certain amount of times, you end up unlocking more characters to battle, maybe past gym leaders who have come to watch a sporting event?? Idk, I just hope they keep this feature, it was fun, and saved me a lot of money.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

I also approve! I found the stadiums a fun way to pass time, also they give really good items at times like PPup/Max's or Rare candies, and even sometimes vitamins, heck I don't even remember the last ime I actually bought carbos, iron, etc.
    Although I do wish they weere slightly stronger, I feel the pokemon used in stadiums are somewhat balanced. I'd also like it if there was a variety of pokemon to battle, instead of the same trainers, with the same teams every time. Maybe make it so that after battling in the big/small a certain amount of times, you end up unlocking more characters to battle, maybe past gym leaders who have come to watch a sporting event?? Idk, I just hope they keep this feature, it was fun, and saved me a lot of money.
    I agree. The trainers in the domes does gets stronger as you earn more badges., but adding a new Pokemon in their team would be a nice addition.

Also, I like the idea of having more trainers the more you battle. I understand that they only added fans post-game so you would have a place to train after you beat everyone in the region. But it would be really nice to fight fans and more players of the team pre-League.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Oh especially when your doing funfest missions. God that is irritating.
    Yep, I failed my very first funfest mission (the berry searching one, the one that you are forced to do yet you cannot redo) due to a stupid Breeder forcing me into a battle -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I just want a little change up in the TMs as normal but please no more TMs like Quash. GF don't do it.
    yeah, Frustration is also not needed at all. Honestly, who has that move? It's good only on Rental Pokemon.
    I doubt anyone use Ally Switch either. In fact most people I know didn't know Ally Switch is a TM, they didn't even remember it's a move.

Not to mention the way to obtain them. Having to spend BPs for Protect, Hidden Power, Psych Up, Swagger, Pluck, and Round just doesn't make any sense.

And maybe this time they'll add more TMs? I would like to see Water Pulse returns as a TM, and Body Slam added as a TM.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yep, I failed my very first funfest mission (the berry searching one, the one that you are forced to do yet you cannot redo) due to a stupid Breeder forcing me into a battle -_-

yeah, Frustration is also not needed at all. Honestly, who has that move? It's good only on Rental Pokemon.
    I doubt anyone use Ally Switch either. In fact most people I know didn't know Ally Switch is a TM, they didn't even remember it's a move.

Not to mention the way to obtain them. Having to spend BPs for Protect, Hidden Power, Psych Up, Swagger, Pluck, and Round just doesn't make any sense.

And maybe this time they'll add more TMs? I would like to see Water Pulse returns as a TM, and Body Slam added as a TM.
    I would disagree with ally switch. I've had situations where my opponent used it to some great degree.
    Anywho, I woul definatley love to see water pulse return as a tm, I just don't see that move enough nowadays.
    Though I have to admit I liked having some of the more powerful moves like sludge bomb as a tm in 5th gen. So I definatley woulnt change that. Also I hope they bing tutors back again. I would really hate to have to wait till Pokemon Z (just speculation) or the next installmet to teach my pokemon tutor moves, like how I had to wait for B2/W2.
    Speaking of tutor moves, I hope they give stealth rocks a rest this gen. I think it received wayy too much distribution this gen.

Anywho, I would definitely love to see water pulse return as a tm, I just don't see that move enough nowadays.
    My main reason for Water Pulse is because that move is the only Water move (apart from Hidden Power) learn-able by any Ice-Type that is not part Water.

I bet had Water Pulse still a TM in 5th Gen, Cryogonal would have been able to learn it.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

My main reason for Water Pulse is because that move is the only Water move (apart from Hidden Power) learn-able by any Ice-Type that is not part Water.

I bet had Water Pulse still a TM in 5th Gen, Cryogonal would have been able to learn it.
    That just comes to show how different people use moves. I would have loved water pulse as a tm, so that I could have taught it to my technician persian.

I think they should (to maybe 120-150ish), it's going to be difficult to add in new moves as TMs without replacing good ones otherwise. I was very disappointed that some really great TMs were removed 5th gen (Giga Drain, Skill Swap, Roost, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Stealth Rock) and replaced with more obscure and less useful ones like Telekinesis, Incinerate, Round/echoed Voice (why do they have both?), Incinerate, and Struggle Bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think they should (to maybe 120-150ish), it's going to be difficult to add in new moves as TMs without replacing good ones otherwise. I was very disappointed that some really great TMs were removed 5th gen (Giga Drain, Skill Swap, Roost, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Stealth Rock) and replaced with more obscure and less useful ones like Telekinesis, Incinerate, Round/echoed Voice (why do they have both?), Incinerate, and Struggle Bug.
    I agree with your thoughts on the number of TMs. I wonder how many new moves will be introduced this gen? Higher base moves for Dark, Psychic and Ghost would be nice.

This. If there's one thing I hate about Gen 5, it would be doing stupid things like replacing Roost with Ally Switch or making Sludge Wave when Sludge Bomb exists. They did bring a lot of moves back through move tutors in BW2 and also got rid of other useless TMs(Secret Power anyone?) but still, they were mostly unnecessary or terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I agree with your thoughts on the number of TMs. I wonder how many new moves will be introduced this gen? Higher base moves for Dark, Psychic and Ghost would be nice.
    Psychic already has a 90 BP move called...Psychic. Dark and Ghost do deserve stronger moves though; the strongest move of each type is 80(well Giritina does have Shadow force). They need better physical moves too, Night Slash and Shadow Claw suck even more while very other type has a physical and/or special attack above 90 bar Steel, which is mostly defensive anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Well echoed voice was designed more so for singles. Round on the other hand was designed specifically for triples, but can also be effective in doubles. Also, being someone who prefers to battle in triples, I actually like round as a move. In case certain people didn't know, after the first use of round, round has 120 bp for every consecutive user of round. And that's before stab. I tend to like to use my technician persian as the first user of round, seeing as after technician boost and stab boost it has 120bp anyways.

Page 62 of 526 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast