Page 67 of 526 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Steve View Post
    I'm hoping the battle system is still fast and streamlined like Black & White. One thing that was apparent with 3D Pokemon games was the animations would take longer than the 2D counterparts making the battles feel somewhat sluggish by comparison. But seeing the trailer more does seem to show that the speed of the battles is still there. I would also like to customize my character. It would be nice if players got the chance to make themselves in a Pokemon game. Hell maybe even add parts that would make you look like other popular Nintendo characters like Mario or Link. I also want to see the option for random Wifi battles for the Online play. It would be nice to just battle random people all over the world without having to worry about specific events or friend codes.
    Lastly this is more of a personal wish but I would love to have my Pokemon follow me wherever I go again like in HG and SS. Seriously they were just cute to have outside with you. :3
    Yeah i was also concerned by this, if pokemon battle are even more sluggish this this this will be a real downturn to the whole game.
    Just hope Gamefreak has got it covered.
    ミュウツー

Quote Originally Posted by XxVascoxX View Post
    Yeah i was also concerned by this, if pokemon battle are even more sluggish this this this will be a real downturn to the whole game.
    Just hope Gamefreak has got it covered.
    There will be a settings option for this. I'm pretty sure.
    That way everyone is happy.

They could help improve the speed by making the little things faster, like in colloseum when you used a potion or something the hp went straight up rather than point be point. This could counterbalance any repercussions caused by the addition of 3d grahics, I think

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    They could help improve the speed by making the little things faster, like in colloseum when you used a potion or something the hp went straight up rather than point be point. This could counterbalance any repercussions caused by the addition of 3d grahics, I think
    And another thing is the Pokémon with a lot of HP. Like, Blissey and Wailord. It takes so long for it's HP to lower when you hit it. It should go equally fast on all Pokémon, I think. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife View Post
    What Generation 6 needs:

-A FEMALE rival
    -More Gyms
    -New Pokeballs
    -New Pokemon
    -New Attacks
    -Realistic music
    -A little LESS Trainer battles
    -More fun stuff

o3o
    Err... no.

IMO I like to have a lot of them to battle but not all together in the same area obviously that would be a pain in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    And another thing is the Pokémon with a lot of HP. Like, Blissey and Wailord. It takes so long for it's HP to lower when you hit it. It should go equally fast on all Pokémon, I think. ^^
    But then if you were to KO a Shedinja or a similarly low-level Pokemon with low HP, it would take a ridiculous amount of time for the counter to go from a very low number to zero, and that would just be weird.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Err... no.

IMO I like to have a lot of them to battle but not all together in the same area obviously that would be a pain in the neck.
    I would enjoy the trainer battles more if you could encounter them in different areas, with leveled up pokemon and evolutions, almost like you have tons of mini rivals

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

I just hope that we have a decent number of rival battles. Minimum is 5, maximum is 8 and you could re-battle them daily or whatever. I'd like that.

I just hope the trainers are spamming you with the same Pokemon very often(I'm looking at you Elemental Monkeys in BW)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I just hope the trainers are spamming you with the same Pokemon very often(I'm looking at you Elemental Monkeys in BW)
    That's why we have the evil team.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Precisely. There's nothing like waiting for every point to count down, when your blissey was hit with an OHKO move.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Precisely. There's nothing like waiting for every point to count down, when your blissey was hit with an OHKO move.
    Glad someone brought this up. Somehow it was kind of satisfying seeing your opponent's HP bar drop faster, like in Battle Revolution. Perhaps in double/triple battles, moves that affect all of the opponents will knock out their HPs at the same time, as opposed to just one by one.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Perhaps in double/triple battles, moves that affect all of the opponents will knock out their HPs at the same time, as opposed to just one by one.
    They already do this actually, except for moves that hurt your allies (in which case they show your allies getting hurt first, then your opponents).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They already do this actually, except for moves that hurt your allies (in which case they show your allies getting hurt first, then your opponents).
    Oh, didn't notice that. Thanks for the correction. I guess that will stay pretty much the same then.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I would enjoy the trainer battles more if you could encounter them in different areas, with leveled up pokemon and evolutions, almost like you have tons of mini rivals
    I agree. This would be great unless they mess up like they did with Bill in FR/LG. The trainers should have some variety in their teams too.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I agree. This would be great unless they mess up like they did with Bill in FR/LG. The trainers should have some variety in their teams too.
    What happened there? I have played FR and LG but I have no idea what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    What happened there? I have played FR and LG but I have no idea what you mean.
    Same here. What did they mess up?

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I really hope they bring back the VS Seeker, so you can rebattle trainers several times a day. In the 5th gen games, once you beat all the trainers in the different routes, there'll only be a handful of trainers you can battle each day, and each of them can only be fought once a day (unless you do the tedious task of repeatedly battling the E4, and even then you'll only be rebattling them again and again).

Also, I want them to combine the season system from the 5th gen with the day-night system of the 2nd and 4th gen. When I say 'the day-night system of the 2nd and 4th gen," I mean having where the different Pokemon you encounter vary by what time of day it is in the game. So, in some routes you'll find nocturnal species like Zubat and Woobat a lot at night, but during the day you'll encounter diurnal species like Bouffalant and Deerling. And in addition to that, it would be nice to mix that with the season system, where you can encounter different species more or less often during different seasons. It just seemed like a shame in the 5th gen that they kept the day-night system but the species of Pokemon you encounter wouldn't change by the time of day, only the seasons.

Two other things I'd like to see make a comeback are Headbutt trees and underground exploring.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I hope we finally get the chance of using the pokedex, in a battle. Like when we see a wild poke we can talk out our dex and check what it sees. That it make it like the anime and manga. It also make discovering new pokes a lot cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I hope we finally get the chance of using the pokedex, in a battle. Like when we see a wild poke we can talk out our dex and check what it sees. That it make it like the anime and manga. It also make discovering new pokes a lot cooler.
    It would be rather useful, given that basically nobody will know any Pokemon if they buy the game within a week of the release.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Well it's kind of like that already to some degree, you probably do check the Pokemon you see when you battle them as they get put in the dex afterwards, they probably just feel it would be a little much having the actual dex popping up any time a new Pokemon appears. So long as they put an option to turn it on or off, it should be fine though, that way, those who don't want the dex popping up all the time don't have to have it do so.

In terms of the dex, I rather it just give out more info, move lists, ways Pokemon evolve, that kind of stuff. You can find it on serebii, and bubalpedia and the like, but I rather the dex have more to it this time around, I pretty much never check my dex aside from whenever I capture a new Pokemon which is forced anyways.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    I really hope they bring back the VS Seeker, so you can rebattle trainers several times a day. In the 5th gen games, once you beat all the trainers in the different routes, there'll only be a handful of trainers you can battle each day, and each of them can only be fought once a day (unless you do the tedious task of repeatedly battling the E4, and even then you'll only be rebattling them again and again).
    What would be the point of the VS seeker?Nowadays we've got sports domes and better still,Audino.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    What would be the point of the VS seeker?Nowadays we've got sports domes and better still,Audino.
    The one flaw with using Audino as training is a bunch of HP Evs. Which really don't matter that much in main story play but as you pokemon near the larger levels you will start noticing the difference.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

How do you all think the pokémon transfer system will work this time? I could see there being an app we install on the 3DS which transfers your guys from B/W/B2/W2 into X/Y, meaning you wouldn't require 2 DS's. I also think that opens things up for future releases of the games whereby we can just transfer using one console.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    How do you all think the pokémon transfer system will work this time? I could see there being an app we install on the 3DS which transfers your guys from B/W/B2/W2 into X/Y, meaning you wouldn't require 2 DS's. I also think that opens things up for future releases of the games whereby we can just transfer using one console.
    Would it not be possible to just transfer from a DS to a 3DS? Or can the two systems not connect to each other like that?
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Page 67 of 526 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast