Page 7 of 526 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zerothethird View Post
    Imagine surfing...oh gawd I need this game now.

On that note, when surfing, the pokemon that used Surf should be the one appearing, don't you think? not just some generic blue whale
    Dear Arceus surfing would be amazing. *Imagines surfing on a Starmie* I love this so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Dear Arceus surfing would be amazing. *Imagines surfing on a Starmie* I love this so much now.

but they could still use the generic blue whale... will have to see..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

This may sound extremely stupid, but I'm actually curious. In the beginning of the trailer, Pikachu is talking to the audience. And in Ruby and Sapphire, in the same scene that the scientist foreshadows a machine that lets you see the dreams of Pokemon, a device is mentioned that would allow humans to understand what Pokemon are saying. I'm wondering if maybe this type of device will be implemented into the gameplay in X and Y? Who knows? I mean, sure it's a stretch, but when's the last time we saw a Pokemon speak with subtitles?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That wont happen. Some Pokemon are way too tiny, and of course they then have to program separate animations and perching positions for the trainer model.
    Eh. They could just use the same animation/positioning for all of them, and upscale/downscale the 3D models accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

Default player characters look like miis

It might be possable to customise trainers seeing as the characters look like miis. the game might just enterface with your mii studeo and import your mii from that.
    Last edited by Threeblacknoises; 8th January 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    but they could still use the generic blue whale... will have to see..
    Count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by allicat View Post
    This may sound extremely stupid, but I'm actually curious. In the beginning of the trailer, Pikachu is talking to the audience. And in Ruby and Sapphire, in the same scene that the scientist foreshadows a machine that lets you see the dreams of Pokemon, a device is mentioned that would allow humans to understand what Pokemon are saying. I'm wondering if maybe this type of device will be implemented into the gameplay in X and Y? Who knows? I mean, sure it's a stretch, but when's the last time we saw a Pokemon speak with subtitles?
    That's just flavour text, it means nothing. Using Pikachu was just 'cute'.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Eh. They could just use the same animation/positioning for all of them, and upscale/downscale the 3D models accordingly.
    The Pokemon are all too different to make that work correctly, and scaling your model is that absolute worst thing you could ever do. Wailord.

I rest my case.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by allicat View Post
    If you look at the bottom right of thhe screen when it shows pikachu talking it says that it does not represent actual gameplay. Thus, the pikachu was just a gimmick to use to introduce the new games.
    Omega Rubyand Alpha Sapphire are coming!!!

Now its time for Sinnoh Confirmed!!!

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

I think that's a safe bet because... why?
    Les Miserables. It's set in Paris. Haha, it was just meant as a joke, I don't think there will be anything like that in the game.

I'm personally looking forward to swinging on vines.

GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE WATCH OUT FOR THAT---*WHAM*
    Want to watch some funny videos?
    Check out MandJTV, a channel where Raccoon Man, a hero nobler than any other, serves justice and does a few other ridiculous (and funny) things.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/1o7ho6.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully, am I not the only one who noticed that the male character wasn't riding a bike but...

ROLLERSKATES?!?!? Remember when (god was it Iwata or Satoshi who said we were supposed to get skates/skateboard in Gen5?)

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Hopefully, am I not the only one who noticed that the male character wasn't riding a bike but...

ROLLERSKATES?!?!? Remember when (god was it Iwata or Satoshi who said we were supposed to get skates/skateboard in Gen5?)
    I find it good that we're not riding bikes anymore. But, I do hope that we can ride skateboards. That would be so cool. I hope so. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I find it good that we're not riding bikes anymore. But, I do hope that we can ride skateboards. That would be so cool. I hope so. D:
    Same with me, since this looks more of a free-roam game, Skateboards would be awesome, and getting special side-quests with them will be amazing.

Also, hoping for character customization. I saw two girls that looked like female protagonists... So it's possible.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

i think it will remain skates, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Same with me, since this looks more of a free-roam game, Skateboards would be awesome, and getting special side-quests with them will be amazing.
    What makes you say it's free-roam?

Also, hoping for character customization. I saw two girls that looked like female protagonists... So it's possible.
    I only saw one female protagonist.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

What makes you say it's free-roam?

I only saw one female protagonist.
    I'm just saying that it looks like it's free-roam.

Watch the trailer again, and you'll see a brunette girl running close to the Male MC in the forested area, even though they were showing off a blonde girl most of the time.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I'm just saying that it looks like it's free-roam.
    But how? Looks just like it always has, despite the fact that it's very clearly a polygonal world now.

Watch the trailer again, and you'll see a brunette girl running close to the Male MC in the forested area, even though they were showing off a blonde girl most of the time.
    Yeah, that's a follower, just like we've had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    i think it will remain skates, at least for now.
    Sadly, I think it will stay skates. Maybe that's just our replacement for Running Shoes.

If it is that'd be lame lol, I don't wanna be riding on bikes again - we're in the future, let's at least try to act like it lol

Has anyone played the hack Pokemon Quartz? That's the gameplay I want when I think of skates instead of bikes.

I agree with rollerblades being a replacement for runnign shoes.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    If it is that'd be lame lol, I don't wanna be riding on bikes again - we're in the future, let's at least try to act like it lol
    What's wrong with bikes? A huge amount of people use bikes.

Guys....bear with me now: What if pokemon with signature moves.....got unique animations for those moves...such as Roar Of Time
    Dear Arceus...THE CHROMOSOMES

Quote Originally Posted by djangoyama View Post
    Guys....bear with me now: What if pokemon with signature moves.....got unique animations for those moves...such as Roar Of Time
    That would be interesting. But, if there were given those, like Blaziken with Blaze Kick, then later on their moves will probably be shared with others.

Your signature is too funny

But how? Looks just like it always has, despite the fact that it's very clearly a polygonal world now.

Yeah, that's a follower, just like we've had before.
    I'm just saying it's possible, though we won't know for sure until later news. That, and walking in one direction with an analog stick is kind of hard to do, trust me, I always get urges to move my character constantly when I play my 3DS.

Though, are you sure it's confirmed to be a follower? It could be another player in wireless play. Also, the distance doesn't seem quite right for a follower either, and wouldn't it have been a double battle instead of a single battle when running into that wild Pikachu? Just trying to throw in some possible points.

Now I can see Dialga just arch it's head up and use roar of time. That would be epic, so it's plausible.

Credit to EG for Banner.

to muck extra work.

I would trully like the end of HM's, once you are able to surf, pokemons that can surf will surf even if they don't have the surf move...

Page 7 of 526 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast