Page 71 of 526 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Wink

Hey! I just had a funny thought. I wiss for a "DODGE" button to be there. But, a pokemon can dodge only once in a battle. Wouldn't it be fun?

EXAMPLE:

A random pokemon is using Solarbeam.

What will you do?

DODGE!!!

Your Oshawott dodged.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    Hey! I just had a funny thought. I wiss for a "DODGE" button to be there. But, a pokemon can dodge only once in a battle. Wouldn't it be fun?

EXAMPLE:

What will you do?

DODGE!!!

Your Oshawott dodged.
    Although this would be cool in the sense that it would reflect the anime more accuratley.
    I DON'T THINK A DODGE BUTTON WOULD BE FUN AT ALL!
    Its redundant considering there are moves like Protect and Detect, which work every other turn and do essentially the same thing.
    It would be pretty much like giving EVERY pokemon a free protect which would be irritating and totally abuseable, especially when used
    To toxic stall, which is already lethal enough with the use of protect or sub.

Also, that's what the Evasion stat is for.which is banned from competitive play anyways.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

EXAMPLE:

What will you do?

DODGE!!!

Your Oshawott dodged.
    Would completely f*ck up competitive battling. Ready to faint because of Toxic, yet Dialga only has 1HP? You're about to kill him but... DODGE!!! You then die.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Anywho....
    I don't know about y'all, but is anybody else annoyed by rage quitters on random battle?
    I just got done battling 7 triple battles! And literally ALL of them rage quitted.
    I know ther would be no full proof way for Gamefreak to prevent this from happening.
    But at least come up with a way for me to still get credit.
    Whenever I feel the urge to rage quit, I just choose the option to run. I mean that's why that option is there.
    Sure it might get ugly, racking up all those losses. But isn't that the point of pokemon?
    Build a pokemon team and try your best. You're not going to be able to beat them all.
    There is always a better player out there. Hence, people like Rizzo 3-time world champ.

Anyways my point is, I should somehow get credit for those Wins, especially since my real record in triples is 84 wins to 57 losses, but because of all the rage quits, my displayed record is an ugly 43 wins to 57 losses.
    So do you see why I would be upset?

I don't do link battles, but I can see why you would be upset. I think GF should set it so that any disconnection counts as a loss.

Like what GravityStorm said, a real connection problem isn't that common.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

EXAMPLE:

What will you do?

DODGE!!!

Your Oshawott dodged.
    Something like Mario and Luigi RPG right? I would be in for it, the games implement it perfectly, and to be honest it doesn't detract from their difficulty, which is quite high for what they are.
    BLAH

No dodge. Dodge bad. Dodge break game.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    No dodge. Dodge bad. Dodge break game.
    Scottish Fennekin Stalker agree. Dodge make competitive play F*cked up.

Anyway, I'm hoping the player can swim in shallow water, that'd be soooooo cool. I mean swimmers don't use surf, right?

I say we stop calling missed attacks missed and say the other Pokemon dodged. How do you miss a Wailord??? That way we have dodging without changing the mechanics.
    I only take legit Pokémon, no nicknames.

My shinies:
    My lvl 100s:

Modern Vivillon, looking for Meadow & River.

I have all Pokémon and can breed them.
    1521-3764-9599 FIRE:

I have 5-6 IV Relaxed Ferroseed, Bold Serene Grace and Natural Cure Chansey, and HA and non-HA Adamant Fletchling for trade.

Looking for:

6 IV (0 Atk, 31 the rest) Calm Trace female Gardevoir
    5 IV (0 Atk, any SpA, 31 the rest) Bold male Wobbuffet
    Any shiny
    Version-exclusive Mega Stones

Dodge System for a minigame in the new 3ds game based on the Japanese Arcade game Pokemon Battrio?

Quote Originally Posted by pokéfan2074 View Post
    I say we stop calling missed attacks missed and say the other Pokemon dodged. How do you miss a Wailord??? That way we have dodging without changing the mechanics.
    Don't they say evaded attack on some moves already? They should just replace "The attack missed" with "POKEMON evaded the attack"

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It depends on the move, if it's a multi targeting move )like Rock Slide( then it says they avoided the attack, I think the message should be based on what stat influenced the miss.

If you missed because your Accuracy was lowered then it should say you missed.
    If you missed because the opponent raised their evasion then it should say they dodged.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    It depends on the move, if it's a multi targeting move )like Rock Slide( then it says they avoided the attack, I think the message should be based on what stat influenced the miss.

If you missed because your Accuracy was lowered then it should say you missed.
    If you missed because the opponent raised their evasion then it should say they dodged.
    I think that's how it's done already IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

How about Dodrio finally getting a fighting move? Close Combat seems a bit too much, but for a creature based on an ostrich, which can kick pretty damn hard, I think Hi Jump Kick might be a good idea for Dodrio. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dodrio even learn Mega Kick in Generation 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    How about Dodrio finally getting a fighting move? Close Combat seems a bit too much, but for a creature based on an ostrich, which can kick pretty damn hard, I think Hi Jump Kick might be a good idea for Dodrio. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dodrio even learn Mega Kick in Generation 1?
    Sadly, it didn't. But, I like you ideas there, I think a kicking move would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sadly, it didn't. But, I like you ideas there, I think a kicking move would be really nice.
    According to Bulbapedia, Doduo had Low Kick as an event move couple gens ago.

According to Bulbapedia, Doduo had Low Kick as an event move couple gens ago.
    But, you said Mega Kick. :/

But, you said Mega Kick. :/
    Yeah, I thought of Mega Kick, turned out to be Low Kick. But this doesnt change the fact that Doduo/Dodrio should learn a kicking move, I mean Arcanine can learn Close Combat. How in the world can Arcanine use Close Combat and an ostrich can't learn something like Hi Jump Kick?

I have an idea to fix all the regional birds excluding Staraptor's movepools!

Wing Smash
    Type: Fighting
    Category: Physical
    Priority: 0
    Power: 90
    Accuracy: 95
    PP: 15-24

Flavor Text: The user charges at the foe with powerful wings. It may make the opponent flinch.

All but Noctowl would be happy.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 9th February 2013 at 9:42 PM.

Do you guys think they will fix Sky Drop in Gen VI?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do you guys think they will fix Sky Drop in Gen VI?
    Probably so, we're going to get a lot of new mechanics in the game, so I think that's going to be changed. But, I don't know. :/

Yeah, I thought of Mega Kick, turned out to be Low Kick. But this doesnt change the fact that Doduo/Dodrio should learn a kicking move, I mean Arcanine can learn Close Combat. How in the world can Arcanine use Close Combat and an ostrich can't learn something like Hi Jump Kick?
    I agree, I always thought it was weird that staraptor could use close combat. I've always tried to picture staraptor maneuvering like infernape during the attack

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I agree, I always thought it was weird that staraptor could use close combat. I've always tried to picture staraptor maneuvering like infernape during the attack
    It goes like this.

i hope GF kept nurses they are so helpful and also the route thing in the pokedex.

It goes like this.
    Mid Air Roundhouse kick? As a staraptor fan, I approve!

So then, did smash (or sunday, or whatever) reveal anything new?
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRibbonedCubchoo View Post
    So then, did smash (or sunday, or whatever) reveal anything new?
    No, Smash didn't reveal anything.
    If there was, it should have been posted on various sites moments after it was shown.

So, everyone, please keep that in mind.

We suggest everyone to read this FAQ about CoroCoro and SMASH.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 71 of 526 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast