Page 73 of 526 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by umbreot View Post
    I think they'll let us marry NPCs and have children with them, who we can then raise to adulthood by leveling them up through a minigame.
    Ofc we can have children in this game! We've been procreating A LOT since Gen I for pete's sake. Have you not seen the pictures of boxes of eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedoriku View Post
    While this might be a bit much, it would be fun to run into her outside of the home setting. Only in second generation did you hear aobut her doing anything, and typically it was just soending your money...
    Johanna from Gen IV says hi!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I'd love it if the main character's dad/mom is the Champion. Would be awesome.
    Or a brother/sister as a gym leader, that'd be awesome too :3

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Frisle View Post
    Johanna from Gen IV says hi!
    Dangit, I was wondering if I was forgetting something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    YES. We have yet to see a sibling in the main games. Maybe your sibling could be your rival, hm?
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

Quote Originally Posted by umbreot View Post
    I think they'll let us marry NPCs and have children with them, who we can then raise to adulthood by leveling them up through a minigame.
    Not sure if trolling or serious... but this is pokemon, not sims lol.

FEAR US.

I just want really cool gym leaders and really cool characters. I wanna look at the main character for the first time and just be like "Wow!"
    PokeYami
    Make sure Wadder is your refferer!
    i don't want this moment, to ever end
    when everything is nothing, without you

Tumblr--EGC--My Anime List
    Giving away shinies/dw/event? I'll take them

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    YES. We have yet to see a sibling in the main games. Maybe your sibling could be your rival, hm?
    that could be awesome too :3

FEAR US.

Not sure if trolling or serious... but this is pokemon, not sims lol.
    Agreed. The protagonist is TEN NOT TWENTY. Unless you want to be 15 & Pregnant lol.
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

Quote Originally Posted by wadder2 View Post
    I just want really cool gym leaders and really cool characters. I wanna look at the main character for the first time and just be like "Wow!"
    I also want more than one rival! As many as possible

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

...Well that escalated quickly.

I'm not sure how much this has been mentioned (since if I tried to read through all 90 pages I'd be here all day), but there is only one gameplay change I hope they make: A total revamp of the IV system. Everything else is optional in my opinion.

...I just find that it wasn't well thought out. It seems way too luck dependent, since the only "control" you have over them is being able to guarantee a parent's specific IV is inherited by the offspring when breeding by using the appropriate "Power" item. So it's two IVs (one per parent) that can be guaranteed, or only one if you're using an Everstone to guarantee the nature. Then a few other IVs are randomly inherited (not always the ones I want, either), while whatever's left is randomly generated. I don't mind taking the time to breed my own Pokemon, but having to rely on a "roll of the dice" to the point where you can spend months doing it and still have no guarantee of getting the desired IVs can be infuriating. And this is assuming you can breed said Pokemon at all. Soft resetting for Legendaries is even more annoying.

I just find that a gameplay mechanic that has driven people to resort to hacks/simulators specifically to bypass that mechanic is not exactly one that was well thought out. All I wish is that there was some means of controlling IVs other than relying on lady luck... it has nothing to do with effort, planning, skill, or anything. I'm terrible at calculating probability, but if you're trying to get max IVs at random... having 6 1/31 chances aren't exactly odds in your favor. The concept of having the same Pokemon have different stats via IVs was a nice thought, but given how abused the system is nowadays, it's just become terribly flawed.

It just drives me bananas, especially since it practically rewards hackers who can guarantee max IVs.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    I also want more than one rival! As many as possible
    No, please not... Cheren, Bianca and N were EVERYWHERE in B/W.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    A total revamp of the IV system.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by Mr. Cuddles; 10th February 2013 at 4:44 PM.

FEAR US.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    OR OR OR, a twist within a twist. Your mom is no longer a stay at home mom. SHE's the pokemon league champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    And you're dad is a contest master!
    Lol, i love this so much. xD

I feel so bad for the moms of pokemon please include them in something gf

You know how it showed Pikachu popping out of the grass before battle? I wonder what the other areas will be like, especially caves.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon POWER! View Post
    You know how it showed Pikachu popping out of the grass before battle? I wonder what the other areas will be like, especially caves.
    and water i would imagine them springing up and then water splashes in the screen

That would be cool! As it hasn't been done before. And yet still follows past events of having family members as gym leaders.
    Also something I would like them to add, would be the ability to fight Mom/Dad.
    I mean cmon, they're part of the pokemon world and were once pokemon trainers themselves so why not?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    and water i would imagine them springing up and then water splashes in the screen
    That's plausible. Everyone keeps forgetting that this is for the 3DS.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

NEVER ONCE DID I ADMIT THAT.

Lol.

That's a great question. They'll probably drill up from the ground or pop out from under/behind a rock.

I'm not sure if anybody else has posted about this yet, but I would love to see the games use Street Pass and Spot Pass to have an option like the PokéWalker.

They could use streetpass in this way: you select one pokemon you want to trade and put it into a special box, then when you pass someone else that has done this then you trade pokemon, you won't know what you've got until you look
    of course to stop people from putting stuff like magikarp in there to just try and get better pokemon you can set conditions for the trade, like only do it for certain pokemon or for a certain level
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

I've been wondering a lot about what they said in the trailer; " The more you battle together, the stronger your bond will become". Also, on Junichi Masuda's blog, he briefly mentioned " A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokemon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger". Could this have something to do with friendship, or could it be entirely new?
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    I've been wondering a lot about what they said in the trailer; " The more you battle together, the stronger your bond will become". Also, on Junichi Masuda's blog, he briefly mentioned " A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokemon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger". Could this have something to do with friendship, or could it be entirely new?
    Well considering the mechanic for friendship is already programmed into the game, and be easy to work with,
    Yeah I would say its petty safe to say that it would have to do with friendship. Though that's just speculation.
    I've tried coming up with my own theories about that post, but couldn't figure anything out.
    Just because if a pokemon becomes, said "stronger" the more you bond with a pokemon, then that would imply that frustration would be completely obsolete. But idk....
    What could this new "mechanic" be????

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Maybe the friendship power thing is something that works similar to how badges used to work in older games and you can get certain boosts in stats but that would probably only be suitable as an in game mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon POWER! View Post
    Maybe the friendship power thing is something that works similar to how badges used to work in older games and you can get certain boosts in stats but that would probably only be suitable as an in game mechanic.
    Maybe. And yeah, agreed. If it is in fact how you described above, then its probably best that it remains an in-game mechanic.

On a side not. Does anybody else think Cute Charm should activate at least 50% of the time as opposed to 30% of the time. I mean most pokemon that can have the ability are somewhat frail, with the exception of Milotic.
    I just think it should definatley have a higher success rate, for being an ability only given to pokemon like Wigglytuff and Delcatty, I mean c'mon its hard for them to last long anyways.

Page 73 of 526 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast