Page 82 of 526 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Personally, I'm very confused on how Flareon's stats relate to XY Gameplay...
    we are talking about new mechanics that might be brought into the game and consequently giving flareon a niche in higher tiers

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The first gyms in both BW1 and BW2 are a great example of what's wrong with it. The wild Pokemon at that point in the game are way too low leveled to be much use for grinding, by the time you get to about Lv. 10 or so, you have to fight through about 20 more of them just to get to the next level which makes grinding take forever. It's especially annoying in BW2 because the only Fighting type they give you to use against Cheren doesn't learn a decent Fighting move until Lv. 15, and you'll be grinding off Lv. 7 Pokemon a good hour or so to get that far.
    this annoyed me a lot if i was going to get any training done before the gym i had to spend hours getting my pokemon to a viable level i want them to fix it a lot

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

They should make abilities that work just like Intimidate. Of course logically all of these ability variations won't be introduced into one generation but personally it could really help eliminating threats much easier or have the opponent hit you with low power moves.

And Tinted Lens Flygon.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    They should make abilities that work just like Intimidate. Of course logically all of these ability variations won't be introduced into one generation but personally it could really help eliminating threats much easier or have the opponent hit you with low power moves.

And Tinted Lens Flygon.
    i think a tinited lens flygon would be great besides his ability is useless

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Also fix the Exp system that was screwed up in Gen V; If your Pokemon were higher than the opposing Pokemon, then you would receive less experiences upon defeat in Unova.
    That only makes sense.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    That only makes sense.
    Maybe. But it also makes grinding extremely annoying in 5th gen, which is why it needs to be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Maybe. But it also makes grinding extremely annoying in 5th gen, which is why it needs to be fixed.
    Yeah I get as much...but that's why items like Lucky egg are around,
    On top that high experience yield audino, and join avenue (if you have at least 1 dojo and 1 deli you can add 23 levels to a pokemon once a day.)
    But I get what you mean...its just me personally I get by just fine.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

On top that high experience yield audino, and join avenue (if you have at least 1 dojo and 1 deli you can add 23 levels to a pokemon once a day.)
    I find Lucky Eggs and Audino to be an overcorrection, they make leveling up too easy. Besides, it'd be so much neater if they just fixed the damn EXP system, then we wouldn't need Audino spammed on every route or Lucky Eggs handed out like candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

lucky egg still doesn't help that much in all honesty
    when you would normally get 2 exp 4 exp doesn't really help

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i think a tinited lens flygon would be great besides his ability is useless
    I'm not sure how a Ground-type immunity is useless.

The first gyms in both BW1 and BW2 are a great example of what's wrong with it. The wild Pokemon at that point in the game are way too low leveled to be much use for grinding, by the time you get to about Lv. 10 or so, you have to fight through about 20 more of them just to get to the next level which makes grinding take forever. It's especially annoying in BW2 because the only Fighting type they give you to use against Cheren doesn't learn a decent Fighting move until Lv. 15, and you'll be grinding off Lv. 7 Pokemon a good hour or so to get that far.
    Personally I didn't have to grind at all; you don't need to be at par with the Gym Leaders' Pokemon and as long as you fight all the trainers you'll be fine in terms of levels. I only fought the trainers and didn't do any grinding yet I was a level or two overlevelled for Roxie, somehow. I really don't think there's anything wrong with the new experience method that, unlike the old one, makes lots of sense; I think you're just overreacting and/or exaggerating a bit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    I'm not sure how a Ground-type immunity is useless.

Personally I didn't have to grind at all; you don't need to be at par with the Gym Leaders' Pokemon and as long as you fight all the trainers you'll be fine in terms of levels. I only fought the trainers and didn't do any grinding yet I was a level or two overlevelled for Roxie, somehow. I really don't think there's anything wrong with the new experience method that, unlike the old one, makes lots of sense; I think you're just overreacting and/or exaggerating a bit here.
    a ground type immunity isn't useless, he just doesn't need it and a better ability could be used
    and idk about you but i trained all of my pokemon equally and it is pretty hard to get all six to a decent level before each gym match i would be ten levels behind whenever i got to the city and i went against every single trainer

Ask me stupid stuff

The scaled EXP system was also a way to encourage players to have more Pokemon instead of bulldozing through the game with a Level 80 starter. Also, for post-game, it makes leveling more dynamic since (1) it's easier to train lower-leveled Pokemon and (2) the later levels are tougher due to decreased EXP.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    The scaled EXP system was also a way to encourage players to have more Pokemon instead of bulldozing through the game with a Level 80 starter. Also, for post-game, it makes leveling more dynamic since (1) it's easier to train lower-leveled Pokemon and (2) the later levels are tougher due to decreased EXP.
    Yeah I agree. The new EXP system is fine as it is. Going back to the old one would make it harder to train new Pokemon. Like if we go back in earlier routes to find a rare Pokemon and then go to a later route to train. It would be a lot easier to train with the new system than the old one. The opposite is true, it makes it harder to train higher level Pokemon so it balances it out.

Also I like to mention that if they do make a new type, they have to completely change how Hidden Power works. It would be the same but current ones we already have like Hidden Power Fire would change to something like Hidden Power Light or some other type. So new types aren't going to happen anytime soon.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Exactly. You can't just like half this spectaular aspect. Of course the early stages are gonna be tough for grinding. It's a given and you should be used to it by now. But I like it. Just recently I was training a bunch of low leveled pokemon. It was very nice having my level 2 caterpie go up to level 18 and get bug bite after one battle against a level 58 pokemon.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I hope they add Walking Pokemon again.
    No, don't attack me, I mean it should come back with a toggle function.
    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Groudon: "Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! Stop tearing apart the land that I JUST created! What's wrong with you?!"
    Regigigas: "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

lucky egg still doesn't help that much in all honesty
    when you would normally get 2 exp 4 exp doesn't really help
    Although I get what your saying.... 2-4 exp wouldn't be much help either way...with or without the lucky egg.

But when talking about a realistic number of exp,
    2000exp turning into 4000 exp is a HUGE help...so.... yeah...
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 13th February 2013 at 4:48 PM.

i always use six pokemon
    it is impossible to have my other pokemon up to par with the gym leaders though because i train all of my guys evenly
    if they kept it the way it was i could have trained all six of my pokemon much faster
    the only time i ever blazed through my game with just my starter was firered but technically that isn't true because i also used my omastar and mewtwo

Ask me stupid stuff

i always use six pokemon
    it is impossible to have my other pokemon up to par with the gym leaders though because i train all of my guys evenly
    if they kept it the way it was i could have trained all six of my pokemon much faster
    the only time i ever blazed through my game with just my starter was firered but technically that isn't true because i also used my omastar and mewtwo
    Its not immpossible, because my party ALWAYS is stronger then the Gym Leaders best pokemon.
    Its a matter of how much work your willing to put in. And its not that much especially with Audino being everywhere.
    They made it balanced for a reason. It shouldn't be too easy to get through the entire game.
    They actually want us to try. I think that's the whole point. But that's just my opinion.

Its not immpossible, because my party ALWAYS is stronger then the Gym Leaders best pokemon.
    Its a matter of how much work your willing to put in. And its not that much especially with Audino being everywhere.
    They made it balanced for a reason. It shouldn't be too easy to get through the entire game.
    They actually want us to try. I think that's the whole point. But that's just my opinion.
    trust me it took me forever
    it may have to do with the fact that the last time i started with a completely mono dragon team
    but i would beat every trainer, and train for a few hours after that before each gym

Ask me stupid stuff

I hope they bring back the Musicals for this one. I loved that feature in the Gen. V games.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

i liked the movie studios better
    if they kept it i would be happy
    i love having a robot tyranitar in my movies

Ask me stupid stuff

Yeah, the movie studios are awesome in comparison to the musicals. At least in my opinion.
    I lke the thought of having a Diva Pokemon. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Yeah, the movie studios are awesome in comparison to the musicals. At least in my opinion.
    I lke the thought of having a Diva Pokemon. lol
    i never was a huge fan of the contests or musicals
    i think the studios was the first thing like that that i have liked
    i think it should be kept or what would be cool is an art studio
    art is huge in france and you could use one of your pokemon and the game makes it into a stylized portrait

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    I hope they bring back the Musicals for this one. I loved that feature in the Gen. V games.
    GOD NO! they were awful, pointless and boring!

Bring back Contests!

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    GOD NO! they were awful, pointless and boring!

Bring back Contests!
    no to both
    if you want something fun and exciting go for the movie studio

Ask me stupid stuff

I do agree that the musicals could have been more exciting, but I'm no huge contest-fan either.
    mostly because I am really bad at them.

They could also come up with a whole new idea for a "side-thing"
    but what? I don't know

Page 82 of 526 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast