Page 84 of 526 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Hopes for gameplay
    Return of contest!!!! (Only for the anime tho haha)
    I'd also like underground and pokeatholn to return.

As for surfing, with graphics like these it has to happen, I mean come on?
    And the Pokemon crys might need to be smoothed up to
    Can't have an amazing design and a noise from gen1, would see about off wouldn't it.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 13th February 2013 at 9:13 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

This has been said before, but I really want a soundtrack by Daft Punk. I also want a good place for Dragons that isn't a tower, I mean seriously, how many dragons want to be in a tower? I think a big ol' cave would suit fine. Same with the graveyards.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    This has been said before, but I really want a soundtrack by Daft Punk. I also want a good place for Dragons that isn't a tower, I mean seriously, how many dragons want to be in a tower? I think a big ol' cave would suit fine. Same with the graveyards.
    Dragon Mountain!
    that would be really cool

I've never heard a piece of their work, but many people have complimented them. I'm sure that they'd give the game great music. I hope that the music is based on the area's cultures and influences.

(Unrelated: Could you please provide a link to one of their works?)

The instrumentals of One More Time on Victory Road would be great!
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Wouldn't it be cool if they had new seals for the pokeball,and some can be rare. It'll be cool if rare seals had it's own ability.Like for example,a seal called Sonic could always make your pokemon move first. And to recieve rare seals,you must unlock them by completing acheivements.Like if you wanted Sonic,you must defeat 100 growlithes or something. And you can even trade seals over wi-fi.
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

I also want a good place for Dragons that isn't a tower, I mean seriously, how many dragons want to be in a tower? I think a big ol' cave would suit fine. Same with the graveyards.
    Kyurem was found in a cave, as was Giratina in DP. Dialga and Palkia were summoned atop a mountain. In fact, I think they only tower-bound dragons have been Rayquaza, Reshiram, and Zekrom.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Rayquaza was the $h!t
    He was added as a boss in SSBB.
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    The scaled EXP system was also a way to encourage players to have more Pokemon instead of bulldozing through the game with a Level 80 starter. Also, for post-game, it makes leveling more dynamic since (1) it's easier to train lower-leveled Pokemon and (2) the later levels are tougher due to decreased EXP.
    That wasn't necessary to make it tough to train higher leveled Pokemon, the EXP system already inherently allowed that by increasing the amount of EXP required to level up each level. Adding to that by giving out less EXP each level makes it exponentially harder each level, it completely exaggerates the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Yeah I agree. The new EXP system is fine as it is. Going back to the old one would make it harder to train new Pokemon. Like if we go back in earlier routes to find a rare Pokemon and then go to a later route to train. It would be a lot easier to train with the new system than the old one. The opposite is true, it makes it harder to train higher level Pokemon so it balances it out.
    I liked the EXP boost for underleveled Pokemon, because it helps for post game when you have a ton of Pokemon to evolve, but for overleveled Pokemon it just gets annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Exactly. You can't just like half this spectaular aspect.
    Yes I can, because again, it exaggerates the system 4th gen already had. It makes it easier to level up underleveled Pokemon and harder to level up overleveled Pokemon. I think the EXP system should be half of the old system and half of the new system. For example, let's say you're fighting a Lv. 5 Zubat, with the current system you'd probably get something like:

Lv. 3: 25 EXP
    Lv. 4: 22 EXP
    Lv. 5: 20 EXP
    Lv. 6: 17 EXP
    Lv. 7: 15 EXP

But it should be more like:

Lv. 6: 20 EXP
    Lv. 7: 20 EXP

So it flattens out when you pass the opposing Pokemon's level. And it's not like you'd be making it too easy to level up past that point, because it takes more and more EXP each level to level up.

Of course the early stages are gonna be tough for grinding. It's a given and you should be used to it by now.
    It should be somewhat hard, but not so hard that it takes an hour to level up your Lv. 10 Riolu because all of the Lv. 7 and under Pokemon you're battling only give you 4 EXP a pop, that's just ridiculous. When you have to spend that much time grinding your Pokemon just to beat the first gym, there's definitely a problem with the EXP system.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i always use six pokemon
    it is impossible to have my other pokemon up to par with the gym leaders though because i train all of my guys evenly
    if they kept it the way it was i could have trained all six of my pokemon much faster
    the only time i ever blazed through my game with just my starter was firered but technically that isn't true because i also used my omastar and mewtwo
    There's actually several reasons for that problem. The first is the EXP system, as I've mentioned above. The second is the lack of a proper trainer rematch system, you're stuck with wild Pokemon and whatever trainers happen to be on the routes, which limits your ability to train. Yeah, you also have the Sports Domes, but those are only once a day and they aren't very reliable because of their variable nature (the trainers change each day). The third has to do with regional design and pacing, they put the gyms one city apart, and then they expect you to level up all of your guys by about 5 levels in the span of one route. Anyway, they need to fix at least two of these problems, it makes the game too much of a grindfest, even for a Pokemon game.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I also think they should bring back Medal Rally's!
    I personally thought they were really fun! Especially when you were bored and didn't feel like battling.
    I loved colletcing medals. Also if they were to implement this again, they'd be able to add more medals periodically usin DLC, so the fun would never end. Maybe they can even add medals, that are given out to players who won a certain amount of wins in an online tournament? There's so much they can do with Medal's.
    Yeah, I love the medals, they remind me of achievements. The nice thing about the medals is that they encourage you to do things in the game that you might not want to do otherwise, thereby getting more replay value out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    That wasn't necessary to make it tough to train higher leveled Pokemon, the EXP system already inherently allowed that by increasing the amount of EXP required to level up each level. Adding to that by giving out less EXP each level makes it exponentially harder each level, it completely exaggerates the difference.

I liked the EXP boost for underleveled Pokemon, because it helps for post game when you have a ton of Pokemon to evolve, but for overleveled Pokemon it just gets annoying.

Yes I can, because again, it exaggerates the system 4th gen already had. It makes it easier to level up underleveled Pokemon and harder to level up overleveled Pokemon. I think the EXP system should be half of the old system and half of the new system. For example, let's say you're fighting a Lv. 5 Zubat, with the current system you'd probably get something like:

Lv. 6: 17 EXP
    Lv. 7: 15 EXP

But it should be more like:

Lv. 6: 20 EXP
    Lv. 7: 20 EXP

So it flattens out when you pass the opposing Pokemon's level. And it's not like you'd be making it too easy to level up past that point, because it takes more and more EXP each level to level up.

It should be somewhat hard, but not so hard that it takes an hour to level up your Lv. 10 Riolu because all of the Lv. 7 and under Pokemon you're battling only give you 4 EXP a pop, that's just ridiculous. When you have to spend that much time grinding your Pokemon just to beat the first gym, there's definitely a problem with the EXP system.

There's actually several reasons for that problem. The first is the EXP system, as I've mentioned above. The second is the lack of a proper trainer rematch system, you're stuck with wild Pokemon and whatever trainers happen to be on the routes, which limits your ability to train. Yeah, you also have the Sports Domes, but those are only once a day and they aren't very reliable because of their variable nature (the trainers change each day). The third has to do with regional design and pacing, they put the gyms one city apart, and then they expect you to level up all of your guys by about 5 levels in the span of one route. Anyway, they need to fix at least two of these problems, it makes the game too much of a grindfest, even for a Pokemon game.

Yeah, I love the medals, they remind me of achievements. The nice thing about the medals is that they encourage you to do things in the game that you might not want to do otherwise, thereby getting more replay value out of it.
    thank you!
    i liked it better when the exp at least stopped decreasing after a while
    but after a while it becomes a pain to train
    it definitely needs fixing

I don't find it hard at all Bolt, and mostly you are exaggerating ev erything. It's not as difficult as you make it out to be.

I don't find it hard at all Bolt, and mostly you are exaggerating ev erything. It's not as difficult as you make it out to be.
    yes it is dude look it up
    the exp system was all jacked up
    they should fix it this gen

I'm on Yveltal's side. When I first played my White...I was like what happened to leveling up?It took FOREVER!
    I think they did this for a reason. Reason is so Ghetsis's hydreigon can actually be competition.

I hope they don't fix it, because it's definitely not broken.

definitely is broken...
    once you get over their level it becomes too hard to train
    and pokemon only get to a certain level in the wild

Exp. share won't even help much. :/

Hey,who thinks they should put gummies in pokemon games from PMD series?

Quote Originally Posted by SlenderMan0 View Post
    Exp. share won't even help much. :/
    it doesn't and neither does lucky
    trust me i used both
    the exp system needs to be fixed

And Pokerus is harder to get than an albino animal.

it is but that is the point
    i don't think they need to increase the chances for this as it's rare and helps immensely

But I thought you just fight wild pokemon?

Oddly enough I think i got that from facing Clay's gym. Didn't have it when i went in and did when I came out... And this has happened to me in both runs of my White 2 game.

Either it is pure luck or there might actually be something in it.

Which pokemon has it?

Which pokemon has it?
    Honestly could not say. In both runs I needed to level up my pokemon and faced almost all trainers in the gym.

I'm not exaggerating a thing. It literally took me over an hour of grinding in both BW1 and BW2 before I was ready to fight the first gym. That's a huge problem, it grinds the game's pace right down to a halt.

I hope they don't fix it, because it's definitely not broken.
    No, it wasn't, 5th gen is the one that broke it. It was all right before then.

Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    Oddly enough I think i got that from facing Clay's gym. Didn't have it when i went in and did when I came out... And this has happened to me in both runs of my White 2 game.

Either it is pure luck or there might actually be something in it.
    No it's not, I've played through Black 2 twice and battled every single trainer in Clay's gym, and I never got Pokerus in either game at all, and certainly not from Clay. You probably got it from some wild Pokemon before or after you went through the gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

it took so long to train before each gym
    they definitely need to fix the exp system and bolt isn't exaggerating it took me A LONG time to train everyone

Page 84 of 526 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast