Page 87 of 526 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I hope that this is the generation that they introduce status balls, i.e Sleep Ball, Paralyze Ball, etc. They all have a catch rate of 0, but they inflict their namesake status. Throw in some new actually poke balls and I'll be good.
    I'm all up for new pokeballs. Just not those ones. And id like them to reintroduce pokeballs like Love ball. (I don't like the luxury ball and its ethetic look.)

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I'm all up for new pokeballs. Just not those ones. And id like them to reintroduce pokeballs like Love ball. (I don't like the luxury ball and its ethetic look.)
    so are you suggesting they bring back apricorns?
    if so you are my new best friend i really want those things back 3:

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Yea, Heavy Balls needs to come back, and be more lenient on it's weight modifiers. Lure Balls are kind of usesless when we have net and dive and they look much better. The only other one I'd want are Fast Balls.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Yea, Heavy Balls needs to come back, and be more lenient on it's weight modifiers. Lure Balls are kind of usesless when we have net and dive and they look much better. The only other one I'd want are Fast Balls.
    personally i liked all of them :3
    also they need to bring in the gold and silver ball

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

For deserts, they shouldn't just provide auto sand storm, they should also provide auto sunny day sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    You mean the Pal Park ball?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

so are you suggesting they bring back apricorns?
    if so you are my new best friend i really want those things back 3:
    Precisely! I loved that feature and don't know why they havnt continued that.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

The GS ball? I believe that is an Ancient pokeball from a long time ago, or something like that if you can call the Manga canon. I'd love to see that in a wifi event or something for Celebi. Actually I'd like to see events for most of the older legendaries.

I hope to see a LOT of post-game content in this, or at least something similar to Emerald's battle frontier. That place still holds a special place in my heart :3
    Good Pokemon distribution, and strong gym trainers so we're encouraged to level our pokemon. I'd like the EXP to be normal as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Livingtime View Post
    The GS ball? I believe that is an Ancient pokeball from a long time ago, or something like that if you can call the Manga canon. I'd love to see that in a wifi event or something for Celebi. Actually I'd like to see events for most of the older legendaries.

I hope to see a LOT of post-game content in this, or at least something similar to Emerald's battle frontier. That place still holds a special place in my heart :3
    Good Pokemon distribution, and strong gym trainers so we're encouraged to level our pokemon. I'd like the EXP to be normal as well...
    You're right... The Battle Frontier of Gen III was truly special. The gen IV one didn't seem so good. I also wish a lot they bring back THAT Battle Frontier. I mean, that was the true Battle Frontier. True battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    For deserts, they shouldn't just provide auto sand storm, they should also provide auto sunny day sometimes.
    Of course, they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by DX 2401PT View Post
    Groudon: "Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! Stop tearing apart the land that I JUST created! What's wrong with you?!"
    Regigigas: "I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!"

Gameplay hopes:
    Return of contests
    Return of seals
    Return of apricorns
    A jungle area
    A underwater area
    An icey area
    Longer gameplay than usual
    Maybe another region/ bigger region
    Character customization
    Two rivals, one mean and one friend
    A great storyline
    Mini story lines for when your done the main one.

Just some of plenty.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

How about nuzlocke mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingtime View Post

Chya. B2/W2's version of White Forest was cool. But I want more!
    I don't wat miscellaneous tasks like "searching for the 7 sages" and what not.
    I want things like the aincient ruins..(but with an actual point.) Or stuff like White tree forest.

What can we do with Spotpass? Return of Join Avenue.. Dream World App. Water friend's berries. Do you guys guys have any idea if Nintendo Accounts will be available but the X/Y release?

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Gameplay hopes:
    Return of contests
    Return of seals
    Return of apricorns
    A jungle area
    A underwater area
    An icey area
    Character customization
    A great storyline

Just some of plenty.
    You know, I actually agree with everything you've mentioned. I'd seriously love all of that, especially the water area, the return of seals and Contests too.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    While not as a ball it struck me. We need a move that freezes as its primary effect.
    I'd like to see that too, but I don't think it's going to happen unless they nerf it as a status effect, unless you're a Fire or Fighting type or something, it lasts kind of a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Love Ball is a bit OP as well (x8 for different gender Pokemon, that's just ridiculous), I doubt that'll be brought back.

Those two, and maybe Level Ball as well. The other ones are pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Gameplay hopes:
    Return of contests
    Return of seals
    Return of apricorns
    A jungle area
    A underwater area
    An icey area
    Character customization
    A great storyline

Just some of plenty.
    Agree to all of these except for multiple regions, since multiple region games are prone to pacing, distribution, and regional design issues. I would very much welcome a huge region chock full of exploration though, maybe one that could one-up Hoenn and Sinnoh in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    What can we do with Spotpass? Return of Join Avenue.. Dream World App. Water friend's berries. Do you guys guys have any idea if Nintendo Accounts will be available but the X/Y release?
    I think you're getting Spotpass and Streetpass confused, because a lot of those features would be better for Streetpass. Spotpass is merely a system that allows your 3DS to download content instantly as you pass certain Wi-Fi spots, while Steetpass lets you communicate with other 3DS owners that you pass when you walk by them on the street. Anyway, I don't really see much potential for Spotpass outside of download events and daily item/Pokemon distribution mechanics, and out of the ones you listed, the only one that could feasibly work with Spotpass is Join Avenue where Spotpass will send fans to your Join Avenue. Streetpass however, has a lot more potential because it allows for instant communication with other trainers. They could do some of the things you mentioned, for instance. I had an idea where they could do some sort of Trainer House kind of thing where you set a certain team for other trainers to battle and exchange them through Streetpass. There's a whole mess of things they could do with it that foster communication with other trainers out in the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Oh my God.....

I freaking love the animations for Swift, Future Sight(?), Trump Card(?), and Focus Blast(?) (Not too sure about the last one..).
    What's even cooler is that there's a hill in the background of the battlefield, was that there before? If not, I hope this means the battlefield, even if in the same area, changes just a little bit with stuff in the background, and I'm not just talking about weather and the time of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Love Ball is a bit OP as well (x8 for different gender Pokemon, that's just ridiculous), I doubt that'll be brought back.
    It's only applicable if your Pokemon shares a species with the Pokemon you're trying to capture. Maybe if you got traded a male Heatran and reset to fight a female one, it's a tad OP, but other than that not really.

I think they may want to keep the Apricorn Balls Johto-only; they seemed to be fairly ingrained in that region, and I doubt they'd bring back that gimmick for a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Do you think that the battle background will change depending on the place?

For example, every XY battle we've seen had the forest on the side. Will that be there for all field battle? Or will we be able to see other people, houses, etc. in the background? I think it would be cool if you were in a stadium full of people for Wi-Fi battles....
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Oh my God.....

I freaking love the animations for Swift, Future Sight(?), Trump Card(?), and Focus Blast(?) (Not too sure about the last one..).
    What's even cooler is that there's a hill in the background of the battlefield, was that there before? If not, I hope this means the battlefield, even if in the same area, changes just a little bit with stuff in the background, and I'm not just talking about weather and the time of day.
    Trump Card and Swift I'm sure of. But, I'm not to sure on the "ball attack" and the "drawing power in" move. Game Freak has thus far made this new Generation extraordinarily clean, especially with frames instead of sprites. Easily competes with the Dragon Quest line for graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Those two, and maybe Level Ball as well. The other ones are pretty much useless.

I was thinking about mentioning Level Balls, but they work the same way as Nest Balls so we really don't need both.

I was thinking about mentioning Level Balls, but they work the same way as Nest Balls so we really don't need both.
    Not quite, Nest Balls' capture rates are based on the target's level, but Level Balls are based on the target's level relative to yours.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't think the Love Ball, Heavy Ball, Lure Ball, etc. are returning. I feel like the Apricorn-to-Pokeball thing was limited to Johto.

If apricorns were to appear in this game, doesn't that mean that the Pokeathlon would return too? (I mean, why take away a function?)
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Not quite, Nest Balls' capture rates are based on the target's level, but Level Balls are based on the target's level relative to yours.
    We don't need both.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Trump Card and Swift I'm sure of. But, I'm not to sure on the "ball attack" and the "drawing power in" move. Game Freak has thus far made this new Generation extraordinarily clean, especially with frames instead of sprites. Easily competes with the Dragon Quest line for graphics.
    I'm very impressed by the new battling graphics and 3D models, though I hope the move animations don't increase the time spent battling too much. As for the overworld... Well, I just hope the finished version looks considerably crisper and less like a DS game.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    If apricorns were to appear in this game, doesn't that mean that the Pokeathlon would return too? (I mean, why take away a function?)
    The Pokéathlon wasn't present in GSC, while Apricorns were, so it's not as if the two have to go hand-in-hand.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 14th February 2013 at 9:44 PM.

We don't need both.
    Then get rid of Nest Ball, it's a lot more useless.

Page 87 of 526 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast