Page 89 of 526 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    How do you see pokemon transfers working this time round? If X and Y are available as downloads from the eShop, then that would be easy.

I could also seeing us get some sort of app on 3DS that we transfer BW/B2W2 pokes to.

Any more ideas?

If we could download from the eShop, I think it'd be cool if you got some bonus content for downloading both, the game becoming Pokemon XY with some additional benefits and different / extra plot maybe?
    As long as the transfer part is free I'm all game for that idea. It'd be like a PC box that could access into Gen V games and take pokemon from there into in and then you can access those boxes in Gen VI.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Combination attacks already exist. The only combination attacks I know of are the Grass/Fire/Water Pledge.

But it would interesting to have more combination attacks.
    Like combining a water attack with an electric attack....

Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    Although I've never played it, Battle Revolution just seemed like half a game compared to the Stadium games. Wasn't just the trading, but all the extra features like the mini games, playing the GB games on the tv and the Pokemon school. The extra dex info in there was really useful when I was trying to complete the Pokedex on Silver. Not quite so necessary now, what with the same info being so easy to find on the internet, but for nostalgia purposes it'd be nice.
    Those features wouldn't add much. Games like Stadium and PBR suck because they offer little more than the cheap thrill of battling on the big screen. They need to start making adventure games on the consoles again like Colosseum/XD.

Combination attacks already exist. The only combination attacks I know of are the Grass/Fire/Water Pledge.

You know what would be awesome? If they had something like the Electivire Link Shop from Mystery Dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do you guys want good/old rods back?
    No, this system works fine. If they brought back Old Rods and Good Rods and started distributing them during the main game again, we'd have too many slots to fill with Water types. Because then we'd need Water Pokemon to fill Surfing AND Surfing Spots AND all three fishing rods AND Fishing Spots for all three for the Regional Dex, meaning we'd need a ton of Water types. And that's not even counting the people who want to bring back Dive. No, it's better to keep fishing post game so we can keep the Water types down to a reasonable level, and then the Super Rod can allow us to catch a ton of post game Water types.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    Still needing two DS's? I'd hope not. What was so good about the transfers from 3rd gen to 4th gen was that you only needed one console.
    The problem is that unlike the original DS and DS Lite, the 3DS doesn't have a separate slot for DS games, both DS and 3DS games use the same slot. So they cannot do it in a way that requires both games to be in your 3DS at the same time. It'll either require two DSes (which could be a valid solution, since you could use a DS and 3DS and many Pokemon fans that have 5th and 6th gen games are likely to have both), or a 3DS app.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th February 2013 at 7:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't know, I'd like if the Old/Good Rod were given during the main game, because there may be some Water Pokemon you may not like and you'll have to use them to use Surf (Other Pokemon can use this too, I know)/Waterfall/Dive. In the past, it seemed quite fine how it was with the Old/Good Rod. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I don't know, I'd like if the Old/Good Rod were given during the main game, because there may be some Water Pokemon you may not like and you'll have to use them to use Surf (Other Pokemon can use this too, I know)/Waterfall/Dive. In the past, it seemed quite fine how it was with the Old/Good Rod. :/
    It worked in the past because we didn't have Surfing/Fishing Spots. If they plan to keep that mechanic in (which I think would be highly likely). it means we would have twice as many slots to fill as we used to, and we'd need a shitload of Water types to fill all of those slots, or else we'd just see the same roster of Pokemon in 20 different areas or something.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I agree. As much as a I like the fishing spots I hate that you need Surf to get to them. So I couldn't get a Frillish early on in Virbank City. I think they should have both. I really don't think they would need that many Water Types to fill the slots as Bolt the Cat suggests.

Speaking of which I wish they would put something other then Pokemon that are Water Types in the water. Unless I am forgetting some...
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 15th February 2013 at 9:04 PM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by elfrings View Post
    Like combining a water attack with an electric attack....
    That would be cool, and I think it would only make sense especially in doubles and triples...

I imagine one good combination could be Magical Leaf, and Leaf storm? I dnt know what it would do,
    But Magical Storm Sounds cool.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I really don't think they would need that many Water Types to fill the slots as Bolt the Cat suggests.
    They do if they don't want to spam the same Pokemon in 20 different areas. Here's the problem:

Let's say in the old games you have 3-6 Water types in any given area where you need Surf, and maybe 6 or 7 Water types in any given area where you fish (and this includes all three rods). So you'd have about 6-10 Water types available in just one area. Now obviously, it's not so clear cut because not all of those slots need to be unique, and also there's a distinct possibility that some evolved forms would be put into the mix, but you have a good idea of how many Water type families you'd need to fill this (maybe about 3-5). But this is just one area, they can't use the exact same roster in every water area in the game, that'd get boring. So they'd have to mix it up a bit, add in maybe another 5-7 water type families throughout the game, leaving you with approximately 8-15 Water type families total that you would find through Surfing. Now that's just the old games. Shaking Spots complicate things even further by giving you about twice as many slots to fill, so you'd need at least 1.5 times as many Water types as you normally would. So you're looking at upwards of 12-20 Water type families just to keep Surfing and Fishing diverse enough. That's not even taking into account the fact that Water types can also inhabit land areas and underwater should they decide to bring those back. so now we're looking at about 15-25. Which is absolutely ridiculous for a regional dex, since you're taking up at least 10% of the dex for just one type, making it harder to balance it out. Meaning you'll get something like DP where you have a deficit of certain types in the main game (Rapidash was the only Fire type besides Infernape, Raichu, Luxray, and Pachirisu were the only Electric types, Sneasel and Snover were the only Ice types, etc.) So that's why they made fishing post game, to alleviate having to include an awkward imbalance of types in the regional dex.

Speaking of which I wish they would put something other then Pokemon that are Water Types in the water. Unless I am forgetting some...
    Thing is, there's not many other types of Pokemon they can put there that would make sense, maybe a few Flying types, but not many.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th February 2013 at 9:37 PM.

As I'm still around (on Sunday I'm gonna disappear once again), I'll ask this.

What references to the previous generations do you expect to see in XY? I'm sure there'll be some, even BW which was marketed as a "fresh start" and had no old Pokemon before National Dex had them.

I'd for example love to think that The Riches' house got bulldozered for a reason in BW2 and that we're gonna see them again sometime. Would be cool if they migrated to PokeFrance. What is more, I'd love to see Bill in person finally, instead of being referenced by each Storage System Owner giving an Eevee... Also, some old GL or Champion appearance would add to the fun.

It'd also be cool to see one of our old regions in the XY technology. But again, that's a controversial topic and we're not supposed to be discussing it here.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They do if they don't want to spam the same Pokemon in 20 different areas. Here's the problem:

Let's say in the old games you have 3-6 Water types in any given area where you need Surf, and maybe 6 or 7 Water types in any given area where you fish (and this includes all three rods). So you'd have about 6-10 Water types available in just one area. Now obviously, it's not so clear cut because not all of those slots need to be unique, and also there's a distinct possibility that some evolved forms would be put into the mix, but you have a good idea of how many Water type families you'd need to fill this (maybe about 3-5). But this is just one area, they can't use the exact same roster in every water area in the game, that'd get boring. So they'd have to mix it up a bit, add in maybe another 5-7 water type families throughout the game, leaving you with approximately 8-15 Water type families total that you would find through Surfing. Now that's just the old games. Shaking Spots complicate things even further by giving you about twice as many slots to fill, so you'd need at least 1.5 times as many Water types as you normally would. So you're looking at upwards of 12-20 Water type families just to keep Surfing and Fishing diverse enough. That's not even taking into account the fact that Water types can also inhabit land areas and underwater should they decide to bring those back. so now we're looking at about 15-25. Which is absolutely ridiculous for a regional dex, since you're taking up at least 10% of the dex for just one type, making it harder to balance it out. Meaning you'll get something like DP where you have a deficit of certain types in the main game (Rapidash was the only Fire type besides Infernape, Raichu, Luxray, and Pachirisu were the only Electric types, Sneasel and Snover were the only Ice types, etc.) So that's why they made fishing post game, to alleviate having to include an awkward imbalance of types in the regional dex.
    WOW! I never looked at it like that. I certainly wouldn't want the regional dex to be overloaded with one specific Type. But at the same time from a logical standpoint, most living organisms are native to water. Most of the world is made up of water after all and the same applies to the Pokemon world. So having more water Types than any Type would make sense but as you said it's not ideal. Also you have to keep in mind some regions(Hoenn) is mostly made up of water so it kinda made sense to have more Water Pokemon. But I do see what you're saying and I agree.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I see what you're saying. But from my perspective. It really wouldn't be a problem. But, as I think about it, I actually don't want all that much Water Pokemon during the main story, even if they're my favorite type and like cascadethewarrior said, that's probably a real life relation. Maybe they could just cut down the number of families as you mentioned. :/

WOW! I never looked at it like that. I certainly wouldn't want the regional dex to be overloaded with one specific Type. But at the same time from a logical standpoint, most living organisms are native to water. Most of the world is made up of water after all and the same applies to the Pokemon world. So having more water Types than any Type would make sense but as you said it's not ideal. Also you have to keep in mind some regions(Hoenn) is mostly made up of water so it kinda made sense to have more Water Pokemon. But I do see what you're saying and I agree.
    Well, there usually are more Water types than any other type anyway (except maybe Normal), but my point is that something like that would throw off the balance too much.

I see what you're saying. But from my perspective. It really wouldn't be a problem. But, as I think about it, I actually don't want all that much Water Pokemon during the main story, even if they're my favorite type and like cascadethewarrior said, that's probably a real life relation. Maybe they could just cut down the number of families as you mentioned. :/
    That wouldn't be much better, that would mean we'd be seeing common Water types like Tentacool/Frillish, Magikarp, Basculin, Wingull, and so on 95% of the time on every route or something, it's bad enough that you see Tentacool/Frillish as much as you do, this would make that problem a lot worse.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 15th February 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Who loved the dynamic camera when Pokémon.com showed off Sylveon? It made me feel as if i was watching the anime
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Bring back the level 100 Wifi battles. Even though I never could obtain an Internet connection with the generation 4 games, it sounds like a lot better to battle like that instead of grinding your way to the level personally. While BW2 did have the Nimbasa City Sports Dome trick, Join Avenue, Audino and the White Treehollow Chansey, I prefer to select a rule where my Pokemon are automatically level 100 and battle my friends. Not to mention it was also a great use to check the IVs of your Pokemon alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    Who loved the dynamic camera when Pokémon.com showed off Sylveon? It made me feel as if i was watching the anime
    I agree. I am so glad Pokemon has finally managed to accomplish one of the things I have wanted for the series since... who knows how long? I think one of the first thing I've questioned about Pokemon was why they battles didn't look nearly as awesome as they did in the anime. PBR sort of filled that gap but I feel as if X and Y will do so to the best level it can right now.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

A while back, I posted a comment questioning where the HP bar would go during battles. I realized today after watching Pokemon Battle Revolution video...what if the HP bar is show whenever you did damage to the pokemon? The little HP bar can be floating at the top of the bottom screen while you're battling. That way, you can still see the pokemon's status.

I want to have the Old and Good Rod back. It was frustrating trying to find decent water pokemon in the first Black and White game when my starter was Snivy. Sure, I got to surf later, but I didn't have much variety of water pokemon to choose from prior to the Elite 4. I'm hoping that XY has more water than Sinnoh and Unova did. While Hoenn had too much water, Sinnoh and Unova had too little. I'm hoping that GF finds the right balance between the extremes.

How do you guys feel about HMs having no gym requirements in gen 5? Do you think Nintendo should continue to do that? I actually liked it because I could use the HM the moment I got it. It was convenient and made more sense than having the head canon of getting arrested by the Kanto police for using HM 02 without badges.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I agree. I am so glad Pokemon has finally managed to accomplish one of the things I have wanted for the series since... who knows how long? I think one of the first thing I've questioned about Pokemon was why they battles didn't look nearly as awesome as they did in the anime. PBR sort of filled that gap but I feel as if X and Y will do so to the best level it can right now.
    The art style is just like the show. I'm quite happy that the Pokémon didn't look they did PBR because it would just ruin the feel of the game. I also think that the Pokémon just look so polished! Every pokémon is so smooth! I am quite suprised that the 3DS can handle this kind of graphics
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I want to have the Old and Good Rod back. It was frustrating trying to find decent water pokemon in the first Black and White game when my starter was Snivy. Sure, I got to surf later, but I didn't have much variety of water pokemon to choose from prior to the Elite 4. I'm hoping that XY has more water than Sinnoh and Unova did. While Hoenn had too much water, Sinnoh and Unova had too little. I'm hoping that GF finds the right balance between the extremes.
    That's a good point, actually, but having the fishing rods back is not the only solution to that problem, there's a couple of things they could do:

1. Make some of the more common land dwelling Water types available at a reasonable point (Psyduck, Buizel, Marill, etc.)
    2. Include some sort of water type environment that is accessible by land (beach, marsh, etc.)
    3. Give out the HM for Surf earlier in the game than usual (about the 3rd or 4th gym). More on the timing below.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    How do you guys feel about HMs having no gym requirements in gen 5? Do you think Nintendo should continue to do that? I actually liked it because I could use the HM the moment I got it. It was convenient and made more sense than having the head canon of getting arrested by the Kanto police for using HM 02 without badges.
    LOL at HM police.

I think for the most part, it's good, since they can hand out HMs whenever they're needed and not have to worry about timing in regards to particular badges. As far as the HMs themselves go, I'd like to see them change up some of the HMs in the list so that all of them have some essential use besides removing a particular obstacle, if they insist on us wasting moveslots on them, they may as well make them useful. So here's what I think should happen in regards to HMs and field abilities:

Cut- Give it a use beyond cutting trees down. Maybe we use it to cut ropes, vines, etc. Otherwise downgrade this to TM.
    Fly- Make it so Fly can allow you to explore the skies. You can still use it to get from city to city as usual, but also give it the effect of letting you explore the clouds similar to Dive. It would work exactly the same way, you would be able to use it in certain areas, and you could explore certain parts of the sky to help you get to otherwise inaccessible areas. Flying types could be found in cloud patches as well.
    Surf- Keep this one as is, it's undeniably the most useful one in the game.
    Strength- Keep this one the same as well. Strength has proven to be extremely useful for puzzles, especially in 5th gen.
    Waterfall- Downgrade this to TM. There's too many Water HMs as it is, and Surf and Dive are more useful. Put a few waterfalls throughout the region, but not too many, and none that are in the way. Allow the player the ability to go down Waterfalls without knowing the TM, and make sure that there's no situations where falling down Waterfalls traps the player (for instance, on Unova Rt. 11 there is a Waterfall that leads down to an area below the main path, they would either have to remove this section completely or provide some other way to get back on the main path).
    Dive- Bring this HM back to its former glory, not just as a way to access some glorified maze area that has little more than Vendor Trash. Bring back fully explorable, underwater environments. Put some interesting areas down there, like ruins, caves, shipwrecks, sealabs, etc. And put more than just three Pokemon down there, there's dozens of Water types in the National Dex, and plenty of them could fit such an environment.
    Dig- This could have a neat use as an HM beyond being a free Escape Rope (and you may want to consider either removing that ability or removing Escape Ropes). It could be used to dig paths in walls and floors that have loose dirt, allowing you to create new paths.
    Rock Smash- First of all, if they're going to make this a field move again, power it up so it's useful in battle as well. Somewhere around 60-80 base power would be appropriate. And even then, this move is another generic obstacle, so they'd need to fix that to make it HM worthy. I like what they did in HGSS, where you can find rare items and even fossils through Rock Smash, that could be neat. But that still might not be enough, they'd need something better.
    Rock Climb- Don't bring this back as a field move, they can give this ability to the bike.
    Flash- It's fine the way it is, just keep its usage at a minimum.
    Whirlpool- This actually has some potential as a field move, so I would be happy to see this return, but only as a TM. It could be useful for water mazes.
    Defog- HAHAHAHA, no.
    Every other field move- is pretty much useless anyway, so keep them as is.

Also, I'd like to see them bring back the ability for vehicle key items (Bike, Roller Skates, etc.) to clear overworld obstacles, here's some ideas:

Bike- Better for off road transportation. Would work like the Acro Bike/Rock Climb and allow you to climb slopes.
    Roller Skates- Can hold B to skate faster. At full speed you can zip across crumbling floors.
    Skateborad- Can jump off ramps

Anyway, that's about all I can think of for HMs, anyone else have any ideas?

That's a good point, actually, but having the fishing rods back is not the only solution to that problem, there's a couple of things they could do:

1. Make some of the more common land dwelling Water types available at a reasonable point (Psyduck, Buizel, Marill, etc.)
    2. Include some sort of water type environment that is accessible by land (beach, marsh, etc.)
    3. Give out the HM for Surf earlier in the game than usual (about the 3rd or 4th gym). More on the timing below.

LOL at HM police.

I think for the most part, it's good, since they can hand out HMs whenever they're needed and not have to worry about timing in regards to particular badges. As far as the HMs themselves go, I'd like to see them change up some of the HMs in the list so that all of them have some essential use besides removing a particular obstacle, if they insist on us wasting moveslots on them, they may as well make them useful. So here's what I think should happen in regards to HMs and field abilities:

Cut- Give it a use beyond cutting trees down. Maybe we use it to cut ropes, vines, etc. Otherwise downgrade this to TM.
    Fly- Make it so Fly can allow you to explore the skies. You can still use it to get from city to city as usual, but also give it the effect of letting you explore the clouds similar to Dive. It would work exactly the same way, you would be able to use it in certain areas, and you could explore certain parts of the sky to help you get to otherwise inaccessible areas. Flying types could be found in cloud patches as well.
    Surf- Keep this one as is, it's undeniably the most useful one in the game.
    Strength- Keep this one the same as well. Strength has proven to be extremely useful for puzzles, especially in 5th gen.
    Waterfall- Downgrade this to TM. There's too many Water HMs as it is, and Surf and Dive are more useful. Put a few waterfalls throughout the region, but not too many, and none that are in the way. Allow the player the ability to go down Waterfalls without knowing the TM, and make sure that there's no situations where falling down Waterfalls traps the player (for instance, on Unova Rt. 11 there is a Waterfall that leads down to an area below the main path, they would either have to remove this section completely or provide some other way to get back on the main path).
    Dive- Bring this HM back to its former glory, not just as a way to access some glorified maze area that has little more than Vendor Trash. Bring back fully explorable, underwater environments. Put some interesting areas down there, like ruins, caves, shipwrecks, sealabs, etc. And put more than just three Pokemon down there, there's dozens of Water types in the National Dex, and plenty of them could fit such an environment.
    Dig- This could have a neat use as an HM beyond being a free Escape Rope (and you may want to consider either removing that ability or removing Escape Ropes). It could be used to dig paths in walls and floors that have loose dirt, allowing you to create new paths.
    Rock Smash- First of all, if they're going to make this a field move again, power it up so it's useful in battle as well. Somewhere around 60-80 base power would be appropriate. And even then, this move is another generic obstacle, so they'd need to fix that to make it HM worthy. I like what they did in HGSS, where you can find rare items and even fossils through Rock Smash, that could be neat. But that still might not be enough, they'd need something better.
    Rock Climb- Don't bring this back as a field move, they can give this ability to the bike.
    Flash- It's fine the way it is, just keep its usage at a minimum.
    Whirlpool- This actually has some potential as a field move, so I would be happy to see this return, but only as a TM. It could be useful for water mazes.
    Defog- HAHAHAHA, no.
    Every other field move- is pretty much useless anyway, so keep them as is.

Also, I'd like to see them bring back the ability for vehicle key items (Bike, Roller Skates, etc.) to clear overworld obstacles, here's some ideas:

Bike- Better for off road transportation. Would work like the Acro Bike/Rock Climb and allow you to climb slopes.
    Roller Skates- Can hold B to skate faster. At full speed you can zip across crumbling floors.
    Skateborad- Can jump off ramps

Anyway, that's about all I can think of for HMs, anyone else have any ideas?
    you know i have always wanted to be able to explore the sky when i fly
    when i first started playing pokemon and i got fly...i was honestly thinking i could until i used it

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    you know i have always wanted to be able to explore the sky when i fly
    when i first started playing pokemon and i got fly...i was honestly thinking i could until i used it
    it would be very cool to fly the sky...the scenery....the pokemon.....
    it would also be cool if we could use a feature like this to gain a birds eye view of area's, maybe be able to see things we once werent able to see.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I agree with what Bolt said above.
    They need to give us more variations of obstacles to allow more valuable use for HMs.

Cut - aside from tiny plants, as Bolt said, we can have ropes, thorny vines, webs. Also, they need to bring back its ability to cut tall grass.
    Fly - I really don't think that they will give us full ability to explore the skies. So, aside from ability to fly us to cities, they can use Fly in puzzles, such as going up a level or two inside buildings/caves with open ceilings/holes without available ladders/stairs.
    Surf - It doesn't really need to be changed.
    Strength - Boulders are so Gen 1. Give us something else such as cracked walls, heavy crates, or wooden planks that block doors.
    Dive - RSE Dive mechanic. That's all.
    Dig - Same as Bolt's ideas. Also, it can be used for digging up stuck items on the ground.

As for the others, I prefer them as TMs.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I would love to see Rock Smash being used in a more creative way. You could use it to find hidden rooms in caves and cliffs, or break open a new path to get to a different area more quickly. That would be kinda cool I think.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

They need to give us more variations of obstacles to allow more valuable use for HMs.

Cut - aside from tiny plants, as Bolt said, we can have ropes, thorny vines, webs. Also, they need to bring back its ability to cut tall grass.
    Fly - I really don't think that they will give us full ability to explore the skies. So, aside from ability to fly us to cities, they can use Fly in puzzles, such as going up a level or two inside buildings/caves with open ceilings/holes without available ladders/stairs.
    Strength - Boulders are so Gen 1. Give us something else such as cracked walls, heavy crates, or wooden planks that block doors.
    Dig - Same as Bolt's ideas. Also, it can be used for digging up stuck items on the ground.

Wow, love all those ideas!

I'm with you when you say exploring the skies, I mean it would be a gift hard to do for GF.
    Also RSE dive was amazing and I really hope it comes back

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I would love to see Rock Smash being used in a more creative way. You could use it to find hidden rooms in caves and cliffs, or break open a new path to get to a different area more quickly. That would be kinda cool I think.
    when you said hidden rooms, i immediately thought of the secret bases from gen III
    what if they came back this generation?!

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Combinations as in specific effects, or just powered up? Rainy Day and Thunder, Sunny Day and Solar Beam, Weather Ball and weather conditions/ weather inducing attacks, along with Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (I think, the entries on both of the moves say this: The user brings down a giant flame. This attack does greater damage when influenced by an enormous thunderbolt. *Fusion Flare* The user throws down a giant thunderbolt. This attack does greater damage when influenced by an enormous flame. *Fusion Bolt*)

I like these ideas, especially Hankka's, and the different ways to use Strength. I do want some different Surf mechs, I feel like it's the same old same old, so a mix up in mechs this time around would be nice, like the one-way ledges that Bolt suggested. Cut would be better if it had more base power and effects, not to OP, but enough to have a Pokemon on my team that knows it and Rock Smash, especially if they're not HMs and they're used later in the game than they are now, even if they're gotten early, used early, and used continually from then. Fly needs something new, a new element. I'm not wanting to walk around in the clouds, but having they Pokemon that knows Fly's animation and seeing them flying at super high speeds and then seeing them land, along with BW's in-game Keldeo event at Moor of Iciruss with the Three Musketeers animation for going into Pokeballs, I think the game play could be a ton more exciting just with little things. Dive RSE mechs, fosho. Dig, I think, also needs an animation, but not underground digging, but the Four Musketeers event I said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    when you said hidden rooms, i immediately thought of the secret bases from gen III
    what if they came back this generation?!
    Whoa, Yveltal, what's up? Haven't talked in a while.
    Considering how they're *probably* gonna do RSEmakes this gen, you could get your wish.
    Last edited by Maya The Awesome; 16th February 2013 at 1:57 PM.

Page 89 of 526 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast