Page 9 of 526 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    They could just make it so that certain moves have unique animations for certain Pokemon. For instance, lets say when Hitmonlee uses Blaze Kick, it just has generic Blaze Kick animation, but when Blaziken uses Blaze Kick, it has an animation exclusive to Blaziken, and Blaziken moves accordingly.
    They could but they won't since it is far easier to make all pokémon share the same attack animation as it save money and time. Beside giving Blaziken an exclusive Blaze Kick animation would be pointless since Blaze Kick isn't exclusive to Blaziken any more.

In fact all of the 3rd generation starters lost their exclusive moves.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Ok so we got a 3d world but we still have the grid system and 4 directions we can move in. No biggie, still looks awesome and the battle animations and 3d pokemon characters are soooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well there's no need of it really, you can see everything you need to. And again, moving the 3DS while you're using the 3D breaks the illusion.
    It does, doesn't it...
    Dear Arceus...THE CHROMOSOMES

Playing the game especially Battling and training pokemon must be a lot lot slower Looked that way
    Signature exceeds the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

the game also doesn't come out until October, it's January. No matter how you look at it it's January, they will never advertise in depth of anything this early.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle12 View Post
    Playing the game especially Battling and training pokemon must be a lot lot slower Looked that way
    Now that you mention it. It does look like it'll be longer, maybe it won't be. But, it sure looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    They could but they won't since it is far easier to make all pokémon share the same attack animation as it save money and time.
    It won't waste any money and will hardly waste any time. Animating 3D character models takes a significantly shorter amount of time than spriting 2D animation frames. And all it would require is a table within the battle code that checks for unique move animations.

Beside giving Blaziken an exclusive Blaze Kick animation would be pointless since Blaze Kick isn't exclusive to Blaziken any more.

In fact all of the 3rd generation starters lost their exclusive moves.
    I cited Blaze Kick as an example, not as fact. Heck, they could even make Charizard have its own Flamethrower animation.

Not to mention in the video, Mienfoo is actually charging up for Aura Sphere, rather than just standing there and an Aura Sphere coming out of thin air.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I feel like they'll integrate it well. I don't think we have anything to worry about!

credits to Trickster44 for the banner

White FC:4341 6355 3018
    White 2 FC:4170 2427 0381

Appel's PC:

They have had exclusive move animations in the past iirc,
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    They have had exclusive move animations in the past iirc,
    Nothing's coming to mind for me. What moves are you thinking?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Sweet jesus I missed quite a lot. Anyone know how many pokemon will be added.

I PLEASE tell me I can transfer my pokemon from Black and White. Have had some of them since '05.
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack29 View Post

I PLEASE tell me I can transfer my pokemon from Black and White. Have had some of them since '05.
    No one knows the answer to either.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

There will be over 900 new Pokemon.

You can't transfer from Black/White, but you can transfer from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and also Yellow.
    1. Blow your nose

I can't think of many, if even then, but I believe Lucario had a specific animation for only Aura Sphere. It may have been used for its other moves, but I never have seen it used with another move. Even then, I doubt there was any other. A little trivial, yes, but I thought it was worth a mention.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    You can't transfer from Black/White, but you can transfer from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and also Yellow.
    Nice! Can I transfer from Snap?
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Lucario's Aura Sphere, I also believe Blaziken had 2 different Kicking animations, one would play for it's other kicking moves, while the other would only play for Blaze Kick.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Lucario's Aura Sphere, I also believe Blaziken had 2 different Kicking animations, one would play for it's other kicking moves, while the other would only play for Blaze Kick.
    No, Lucario just stands there while an Aura Sphere comes out of its stomach/crotch.
    http://youtu.be/jMIj7MYIYk4?t=2m2s
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I can't think of many, if even then, but I believe Lucario had a specific animation for only Aura Sphere. It may have been used for its other moves, but I never have seen it used with another move. Even then, I doubt there was any other. A little trivial, yes, but I thought it was worth a mention.
    I'm assuming this is in B/W? I haven't used either much in B/W so never noticed.

Nice! Can I transfer from Snap?
    No, but you can from Pokemon Puzzle League.

I'm assuming this is in B/W? I haven't used either much in B/W so never noticed.
    No, this is in Colosseum, XD, and PBR, though Blaziken's Blaze Kick animation was also used for Flare Blitz, I believe, and only those two moves. Or something to that effect. I actually played PBR two days ago, so I conveniently remember that.

No, but you can from Pokemon Puzzle League.
    Darn, I knew I should have bought it when I had the chance.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

AW MAN I JUST REWATCHED THE VIDEO AND GUESS WHAT I SAW

2 things

First thing - You guys know that little hat Chespin is wearing? When he used Solarbeam, the little "leaves" turned into spikes.
    Second thing - The new Team bar was shown when the starters made their entrance, at the bottom left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    No, this is in Colosseum, XD, and PBR, though Blaziken's Blaze Kick animation was also used for Flare Blitz, I believe, and only those two moves. Or something to that effect. I actually played PBR two days ago, so I conveniently remember that.
    Ah. I know what you're talking about with Colo and XD, Blaziken used that same animation for any physical contact move. Never played PBR, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    the game also doesn't come out until October, it's January. No matter how you look at it it's January, they will never advertise in depth of anything this early.
    It will be October for Japan only right? I assume the rest of the world will have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Now that you mention it. It does look like it'll be longer, maybe it won't be. But, it sure looks like it.
    Can't that problem be solved by turning battle animations off?

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    It will be October for Japan only right? I assume the rest of the world will have to wait.
    You missed the huge emphasis on a worldwide release, I'm assuming.

Ah. I know what you're talking about with Colo and XD, Blaziken used that same animation for any physical contact move. Never played PBR, though.
    I remember his animation for Blaze Kick being him doing a frontflip as he kicked, while for other moves, like Sky Uppercut, used the one where he seemed to punch forward. As for Lucario, I'm more confident that his Aura Sphere animation is only used for that. I think Palkia had something similar with Aura Sphere, but I'm not betting anything on that one. Regardless, I'm not going to put much more thought forward on unique move animations like that for these games.

What do we reckon to being able to turn off the move animations like we can on B/W2? It sped up battling by a surprising amount, if I can't do it with this what appears to be even longer battle animation I'll be disappointed.

Page 9 of 526 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast