Page 92 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2276
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's based on steps. I don't mind that as much as I mind the fact that 95% of the time something's actually there it's either a useless item or a Pokemon that isn't a DWf.
    This. GameFreak went way overboard with the probability of getting a dream world Pokemon. I mean, I don't think a Moxie Heracross/Pinsir is worth the chances of finding a shiny, and even then, given how low the odds are of getting a shiny (minus charm), some people may never get such Pokemon from the Grotto. Why not make the percentages similar to wild encounters? Such as, 252 steps = 100% chance broken down into 50-50 item/Pokemon appearance broken down into 5%/20%/25% in order of rarest to most common. Numbers can differ depending on the amount of available DW Pokemon per area.

  2. #2277
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    This. GameFreak went way overboard with the probability of getting a dream world Pokemon. I mean, I don't think a Moxie Heracross/Pinsir is worth the chances of finding a shiny, and even then, given how low the odds are of getting a shiny (minus charm), some people may never get such Pokemon from the Grotto. Why not make the percentages similar to wild encounters? Such as, 252 steps = 100% chance broken down into 50-50 item/Pokemon appearance broken down into 5%/20%/25% in order of rarest to most common. Numbers can differ depending on the amount of available DW Pokemon per area.
    yeah it was very annoying
    after you got the steps you had to hope that there was something there in the first place
    and then hope that it's a pokemon

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  3. #2278
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    191

    Default

    When I went searching for my female DW Dragonite I calculated the chances. I think it was around 0.1% for every 256 step cycle for a Dragonite, period. And since apparently resetting the game does not do anything to a stationary pokemon's gender, make that 0.05%. Still 4 times as likely as a shiny, but come on.

  4. #2279
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    When I went searching for my female DW Dragonite I calculated the chances. I think it was around 0.1% for every 256 step cycle for a Dragonite, period. And since apparently resetting the game does not do anything to a stationary pokemon's gender, make that 0.05%. Still 4 times as likely as a shiny, but come on.
    yeah i think i got pretty lucky when i found my DW manectric
    but if they did reintroduce hidden grottos, they need to increase the likely hood of finding pokemon

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  5. #2280
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hmm well some changes I'd like to see are.

    Firstly a change in the gym leader format would be nice (i.e no more one type gyms themes, make the themes more broad in a sense) Like a Volcanic theme utilizing rock, ground and fire types or a Forest theme with pokemon you usually find in forested areas. The one type gyms are getting pretty repetitive imo. They should spice it up a bit.

    Other small points.

    -Make poison more useful (Mabye make normal types weak to poison?)
    -Vs Seeker a must
    -Alot of post game stuff like BF, additional side story, new areas, minor quests etc.
    -Make Challenge mode available from the start.
    -Gym Leader rematches
    -Bring back open level for the tournament add on whatever it maybe (not just lv 50)
    -Have a Red style esque trainer for an end game battle (Lv 90's for challenge mode)
    -3rd gen style contests and secret bases
    -Safari zone

  6. #2281
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Is anyone else hoping that the pokémon sound like they do in the anime? I don't want no Pokémon with their crummy cry. I want my Gengar to say"Gengar!" damnit!
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  7. #2282
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    Is anyone else hoping that the pokémon sound like they do in the anime? I don't want no Pokémon with their crummy cry. I want my Gengar to say"Gengar!" damnit!
    It's a fairly what I'd call a 'big minor' part of the series, and tis would upset quite a lot of fans. I won't mind, but GF is trying togain fans, not lose them, so I don't see this happening, sadly.

  8. #2283
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paige712 View Post
    Hmm well some changes I'd like to see are.

    Firstly a change in the gym leader format would be nice (i.e no more one type gyms themes, make the themes more broad in a sense) Like a Volcanic theme utilizing rock, ground and fire types or a Forest theme with pokemon you usually find in forested areas. The one type gyms are getting pretty repetitive imo. They should spice it up a bit.

    Other small points.

    -Make poison more useful (Mabye make normal types weak to poison?)
    -Vs Seeker a must
    -Alot of post game stuff like BF, additional side story, new areas, minor quests etc.
    -Make Challenge mode available from the start.
    -Gym Leader rematches
    -Bring back open level for the tournament add on whatever it maybe (not just lv 50)
    -Have a Red style esque trainer for an end game battle (Lv 90's for challenge mode)
    -3rd gen style contests and secret bases
    -Safari zone
    Things I would like
    -Also flying type weak to poison
    - If a dark type is also a ghost give it a freaking ability to have a chance to be hit by a fighting type move
    - Customization
    - Pokémon to have their f***ing anime cries
    - Add that 'flying ring game' from the anime
    - Give some new split eveloutions
    - An optional 20 second turn timer for those who like a challenge
    - Explore-able sky area ( Getting there would be by using fly)
    - Three way triple, double and single battles ( there are 3 people fighting each other at once)
    - Secret hideouts
    - HM's to be more powerful
    - Fighting types to be resistant to water because lots of fighter would go under a waterfall to hone their senses :3
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  9. #2284
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    It's a fairly what I'd call a 'big minor' part of the series, and tis would upset quite a lot of fans. I won't mind, but GF is trying togain fans, not lose them, so I don't see this happening, sadly.
    What would you rather have? A Pikachu saying "assfaghtfargjr"or "Pikachu!"? Your argument is invalid, this would only gain fans. I think the only reason this hasn't happened so far is because of memory restraints on the Cartridges.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  10. #2285
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    What would you rather have? A Pikachu saying "assfaghtfargjr"or "Pikachu!"? Your argument is invalid, this would only gain fans. I think the only reason this hasn't happened so far is because of memory restraints on the Cartridges.
    You don't know, some people may leave. But this is a feature that has been dragged through the gens, but I would like them enchanced.

    Anyway, I hope that we get 'Special Battles' during certain times, like a PokePark Wii style kind of thing, know what I mean? I'd love it during a battle with a legend.

  11. #2286
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    You don't know, some people may leave. But this is a feature that has been dragged through the gens, but I would like them enchanced.

    Anyway, I hope that we get 'Special Battles' during certain times, like a PokePark Wii style kind of thing, know what I mean? I'd love it during a battle with a legend.
    I see what you mean. but if that happened it would "piss off" lots of fans. 'cause after all, the main games are meant to be turn based RPG's not action adventure like Poképark. Another reason it wouldn't happen is because they have to make new animations for those kin =d of battles.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  12. #2287
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    - Pokémon to have their f***ing anime cries
    No, please. That would be the worst thing that ever happened to Pokemon games. I really don't want to think about the possibility of it.


  13. #2288
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I have to ask those who don't want the anime voices in game, Why? It's the next gen with 3D Graphics and new modern music so why not have the anime voices?

    ~Generation 6 be hating on dragons~

    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

  14. #2289

    Default

    I hope they finally introduce a move that makes Pokemon invisible, one used by ghost- and legendary Pokemon to increase evasiveness by either 2 or 3.

  15. #2290
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    On the road to victory
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drohn View Post
    I hope they finally introduce a move that makes Pokemon invisible, one used by ghost- and legendary Pokemon to increase evasiveness by either 2 or 3.
    BY 3 only? Dude you're freaking invisible, you can dodge all attacks! But that would be OP What I really want is teleport Punch, it would be exclusive to fully evolved pokémon that can learn teleport in any of their evolution stages. It would have a base power of 70 and unavoidable.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

  16. #2291
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turchiple View Post
    I have to ask those who don't want the anime voices in game, Why? It's the next gen with 3D Graphics and new modern music so why not have the anime voices?
    I have never liked anime voices. I think it is strange and hilarious to have Pokemon repeating their names over and over. Anime would be better with cries in my opinion and this video strengthens my thoughts.


  17. #2292
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turchiple View Post
    I have to ask those who don't want the anime voices in game, Why? It's the next gen with 3D Graphics and new modern music so why not have the anime voices?
    Why can't the anime have the game sounds?


    because games=/=anime.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  18. #2293
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    Is anyone else hoping that the pokémon sound like they do in the anime? I don't want no Pokémon with their crummy cry. I want my Gengar to say"Gengar!" damnit!
    I'm with you there!!.... Well maybe not
    I'm not sure....
    I mean it was wired when I played battle revolution, and that's with the commentator saying ***** was sent out over it.
    It will be very weird with 3D graphics and great detailed attacks
    Its time the old crys were gone or improved
    But some fans really love them
    I do love some like froslass
    But maybe they could redo some from the first gens
    I mean have you heard something like pidgeot
    Maybe smoothen them or something.
    I don't think they will do them saying their names like the anime.
    Although it would help pronouncing them since my three musketeers incident.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  19. #2294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakunamawatta View Post
    BY 3 only? Dude you're freaking invisible, you can dodge all attacks! But that would be OP What I really want is teleport Punch, it would be exclusive to fully evolved pokémon that can learn teleport in any of their evolution stages. It would have a base power of 70 and unavoidable.
    I agree it would make more sense to increase it by more, but that would be too good of a move if it was more. I think 3 is good to make sure it is better than double team but not over powered, and by using it two times you can have max evasiveness

  20. #2295
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Too much work, sadly. You want it to say Gengar, I want it to say "Ectoplasma".
    They must dub every name in every language. I don't know if so much works is worth it, sadly...

    And hearing the name of a Pokemon in another language will be the best way to break insertion.
    How will you feel if Machop screamed "Wanrikie !" before each fight ?


    Edit : @ Hakunamawatta :
    There are already possibility to hit Ghost/Dark Pokemon with Fight move :
    Odor Sleuth, Foresight and Scrappy
    Last edited by shytende; 17th February 2013 at 1:13 PM.

  21. #2296
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    I want the evolution in-battle. It can be annoying when you reach a level during a battle and you have to wait until the battle is over, mostly when you need it, like in a intense battle where you are pratically going to lose. It will also be useful for a disadvantage that I personnaly encoutered during my Sinnoh journey in Pokémon Diamond.

    As you can see, Roark (the first Gym Leader) has pretty high leveled Pokémon and powerful as well. In the time, I get a Staravia and my precious Piplup for the battle. Piplup was level 15.
    During my battle, Staravia managed to defeat his Geodude, and Piplup was able to take down his Onix. Because of the exp. points of Onix, Piplup grew to level 16. I was happy, of course, but I had to wait until the fight is over to see Piplup evolving.
    I sent out Staravia to counter Cranidos. But because of his high Attack stats, I was quickly defeated. Then I sent out Piplup. I knew Piplup had the advantage, but I also knew that Cranidos has a extremely good Attack. It was dangerous. But even with my Bubble attack, Cranidos managed to defeat my Piplup, with the use of Leer and Headbutt. But I wasn't mad. After all, my Piplup was going to evolve. Yeah, that's what I thought. Because my Piplup was KO, he wasn't able to evolve, and so I will had to wait the level 17. Because of that, I decided to restart at my last save, before the Gym, where Piplup was 15, and train it to level 16, then evolve, just to be sure that this problem won't happen to me a second time.


    Because of that, I think now that the evolution during the battle could be very usefull. After all, trainers have trained well their Pokémon if they are supposed to evolve during a match. Also, it could really be sad to miss a move because your Pokémon miss is primary evolution level (some Pokémon learn a new move during evolution). I never encoutered this problem before, and I don't know if it has been resolved, but when you are living it, it's very annoying.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 5th April 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account

  22. #2297
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Why can't the anime have the game sounds?


    because games=/=anime.
    The anime does use game music lol.

  23. #2298
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    ^^would love in game evolution!
    I mean it makes sense
    But its not a huge deal with me, not gonna be upset if it doesn't happen.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  24. #2299
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kalos! Exploring ze impossible
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    because games=/=anime.
    Gens III - V
    Games > Anime

    Gens I - II
    Games = Anime

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I want the evolution in-battle. It can be annoying when you reach a level during a battle and you have to wait until the battle is over, mostly when you need it, like in a intense battle where you are pratically going to lose. It will also be useful for a disadvantage that I personnaly encoutered during my Sinnoh journey in Pokémon Diamond.

    As you can see, Roark (the first Gym Leader) has pretty high leveled Pokémon and powerful as well. In the time, I get a Staravia and my precious Piplup for the battle. Piplup was level 15.
    During my battle, Staravia managed to defeat his Geodude, and Piplup was able to take down his Onix. Beacause of the exp. points of Onix, Piplup grew to level 16. I was happy, of course, but I had to wait until the fight is over to see Piplup evolving.
    I sent out Staravia to counter Cranidos. But because of his high Attack stats, I was quickly defeated. Then I sent out Piplup. I knew Piplup had the advantage, but I also knew that Cranidos has a extremely good Attack. It was dangerous. But even with my Bubble attack, Cranidos managed to defeat my Piplup, with the use of Leer and Headbutt. But I wasn't mad. After all, my Piplup was going to evolve. Yeah, that's what I thought. Because my Piplup was KO, he wasn't able to evolve, and so I will had to wait the level 17. Because of that, I decided to restart at my last save, before the Gym, where Piplup was 15, and train it to level 16, then evolve, just to be sure that this problem won't happen to me a second time.


    Because of that, I think now that the evolution during the battle could be very usefull. After all, trainers have trained well their Pokémon if they are supposed to evolve during a match. Also, it could really be sad to miss a move because your Pokémon miss is primary evolution level (some Pokémon learn a new move during evolution). I never encoutered this problem before, and I don't know if it has been resolved, but when you are living it, it's very annoying.
    I want this so bad, it's not even funny. I also want Conkeldurr not to evolve from trading, because I love my Conkeldurr and raised it from a low-level Timburr, and missed it's final Evolution at LEVEL 60! Seriously, why?

  25. #2300
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    I want this so bad, it's not even funny. I also want Conkeldurr not to evolve from trading, because I love my Conkeldurr and raised it from a low-level Timburr, and missed it's final Evolution at LEVEL 60! Seriously, why?
    Well, you can always take some Heart Scales to have the moves that you missed, but I think it's more fun to learn them when you are training than everytime having to remembered them to your Pokémon.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account

Page 92 of 526 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •