Page 96 of 526 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 13134

Thread: Gameplay Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Oh dear god please just not a pokestar studios.
    Never again.
    Wasted so much time being forced to go round that place when you first go.
    And never even went back to it again!

I'd quite like contests to come back, or the pokeathlon
    What did you just say about Pokéstar studios?!I thought it was better than contests.
    I always like a battle!
    Black 2 Friend code:4900-6497-5068
    3ds Friend Code: 4785-4891-1563

My favorite was contests by far, I think pokestar studios was good but I never wasted my time with musicals.
    Although this gen will most likely bring something completely new in, which hopefully might not be terrible because Its fun to have some other things to do after the main game.

You know the badge check area, before the elite four where they make sure you have all the required badges?
    I wouldn't mind having to battle the gym leaders again at that point (with improved teams of course)
    They could explain it as like making sure you getting the badge wasn't a fluke.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Pokeathlon was a nice sort of contest, I agree, but I would like something and not just... copied on another version.
    Howver, I can't imagine another type of contest... can you ?
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    ...a bike race sounds like an awesome idea. >: D

...Just fix the bike controls from black and white. Ugh, as much I used it, the controls were annoying for specific things like getting into a house.
    It wasn't the controls, it was the physics. All the previous bikes have slowly accelerated and decelerated while the Gen 5 bike goes from standstill to 3.5x faster than walking(I checked btw). It meant that you needed very quick reactions to manouver the make to a door or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCombusken View Post
    Oh god trading, I want better trading SO BAD. I recently made White 2 my fortress, so I had to trade over 100 Pokemon over from White. I grew sick of the sight of Patrat and Purrloin. I want it so that the process if a lot quicker and easier. Maybe allowing you trade more than one Pokemon in return for one other Pokemon would be good.
    Trading pokemon by the box-full.
    Make it happen Gamefreak.

I somewhat doubt pokestar studios will return, which is a shame because it stands alongside the pokeathlon as the best battle alternative ever because it really tested your knowledge, ironically, as a battler. You always had to consider the many effects of moves, what you're opponent would use and fulfilling the script in those few turns. It also gave you access to a ton of healing items. I've never bought Lemonades, Potions or anything since Virbank City. Even better, you can sell Lava cookies, Old Gateaux and Ragecandybars to the woman on route 5 for 4-6000 each. It's the perfect compliment to the Join Avenue, where all the money not spent on Potions and gained from selling stuff falls into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

My hopes for the game:

-Some sort of improvement to make GTS less rage-inducing. Maybe have us search by what Pokemon we are willing to trade or making it a list format instead of only being able to look at 9 at a time.
    - I honestly wouldn't mind seeing PokeStar studios again. There's some kinks to work out but it has a lot of potential
    - I hope Dream World comes back too.
    - If we are getting a simultaneous release, maybe having some simultaneous event Pokemon releases. Or least not make it so lop-sided as to where the rest of the world only gets a tenth of what Japan gets. I was utterly peeved when we didn't get the 14th movie Golurk/Hydreigon and Nobunaga's Rayquaza.
    - PWT would be freakin' awesome with the new graphics. Throw in the Elite Fours of the past gens along with maybe the ally trainers and rival of the previous games and we'd be set.

Quote Originally Posted by theraggedyman View Post
    - If we are getting a simultaneous release, maybe having some simultaneous event Pokemon releases. Or least not make it so lop-sided as to where the rest of the world only gets a tenth of what Japan gets. I was utterly peeved when we didn't get the 14th movie Golurk/Hydreigon and Nobunaga's Rayquaza.
    Thing is, not all of those events are really relevant. I'm all for stuff like the ones you mentioned, but we're probably not going to get some of the ones that are basically "get this random Pokemon to celebrate a random Japan specific event". So it's probably still going to be very lopsided regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm hoping that:

-We have move tutors in the initial entries this time around.
    -TMs remain unlimited use
    -We have a decent competitive challenge in-game again
    -We have something besides breeding and endless tournament battles end-game for variety(breeding is generally my preferred activity, though)
    -Dream World doesn't return. I've really never cared for it. It's a hassle to initiate, it's dreadfully boring, and the one hour limit and one Pokemon limit per day makes it feel like a chore. And on to the next wish:
    -Berries are growable in-game again
    -Seasons aren't intrusive if they return. It's not cool having to either time travel or wait months to get a TM or catch a Pokemon for your collection.
    -Transferring Pokemon from BW/BW2 isn't a chore. Pokemon emphasizes collecting. We shouldn't have to go through hell to keep our collection. Of course I expect transferring to be an endgame feature, I just don't want it to take days to get everything carried over haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    I'm hoping that:

-We have something besides breeding and endless tournament battles end-game for variety(breeding is generally my preferred activity, though)
    -Dream World doesn't return. I've really never cared for it. It's a hassle to initiate, it's dreadfully boring, and the one hour limit and one Pokemon limit per day makes it feel like a chore. And on to the next wish:
    -Seasons aren't intrusive if they return. It's not cool having to either time travel or wait months to get a TM or catch a Pokemon for your collection.
    -Transferring Pokemon from BW/BW2 isn't a chore. Pokemon emphasizes collecting. We shouldn't have to go through hell to keep our collection. Of course I expect transferring to be an endgame feature, I just don't want it to take days to get everything carried over haha.
    i agree with all of this except for leaving out the dream world
    the dream world was a great feature
    it allowed you to get pokemon with different abilities and to implement them into new strategies.
    for example in the dream world, you can get a heracross or a gyrados with moxie
    that made them some of the best sweepers in the game
    and other people got useful new abilities such as regenerator
    in all honesty this is the thing i am hoping that they keep the most
    i thought it was thee mist useful tool GF has yet to produce

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    it allowed you to get pokemon with different abilities and to implement them into new strategies.
    See, I love the dream world ABILITIES. I just hate the Dream World's execution. So, I want the Dream World done away with. The abilities made a lot of Pokemon significantly more relevant competitively, and made breeding more interesting which is awesome. But going into the Dream World, playing its tedious minigames, hoping to find what I'm looking for within the time and number of trips I'm allotted and all of that just made the whole experience feel like a massive chore. I would rather go hunting in game for Pokemon with rare abilities, or have a more interesting Hidden Grotto mechanic available. Or hell, make the special abilities a breeding mutation!

If Dream World becomes more fun, sure, but in its current state it's the thing I like least about BW/BW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    The new abilities may be great, but Dream World itself is boring. They can create new ways to get those abilities in-game (like they already did).
    The sad thing is that if the DW continues, I can bet 50 cents that there will be some kind of exclusive content that you will only get via DW, like a new Poke or a new form.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

I'd honestly like a 3DS app version of the Pokemon Ranch. Obviously the 24 Box limit will be expanded to hold all the new pokemon this gen, but really that's not too much. They could easily make an app that has extra boxes to store your Pokemon. Especially since completing the pokedex with all forms in B2W2 only gives 23 free slots. A box extension app would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by BroaddySN View Post
    I'd honestly like a 3DS app version of the Pokemon Ranch. Obviously the 24 Box limit will be expanded to hold all the new pokemon this gen, but really that's not too much. They could easily make an app that has extra boxes to store your Pokemon. Especially since completing the pokedex with all forms in B2W2 only gives 23 free slots. A box extension app would be great.
    If they did this, they could also use it as a great way for transferring up Pokemon from Gen V, which could be awesome. Simply having a significantly larger amount of storage space in-game would probably be a better option for the actual collection part, though.

This is pretty minimal but I also really like the bonus PC wallpapers you're able to get in the game. HGSS had the best ones in my opinion. B2W2's were okay. But I hope they keep that up. I'm kind of thinking that since the models are now in 3d then maybe the PC will use the Rumble Blast/Mystery Dungeon models instead of the little party sprites?

Quote Originally Posted by BroaddySN View Post
    This is pretty minimal but I also really like the bonus PC wallpapers you're able to get in the game. HGSS had the best ones in my opinion. B2W2's were okay. But I hope they keep that up. I'm kind of thinking that since the models are now in 3d then maybe the PC will use the Rumble Blast/Mystery Dungeon models instead of the little party sprites?
    Speaking of those, I hope another system like the Man/Primo comes back. I liked the secret wallpapers they gave out.

I hope that we do get that back.

As for the app, I would like that very much. Maybe extend it in a miniature game that allows you to create a team in that game to battle aainst streetpass Downloads by other players, or Spotpass special teams.

Another App I would like is a Dream Adar like app that allows you to play and send over Pokémon. Maybe include a Pokédex 3D Pro Gen VI version too.

Hmm, I should ask Bobandbill to maybe create an external application thread for XY.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Hmm, I should ask Bobandbill to maybe create an external application thread for XY.
    You don't need to ask him.
    We will not create a specific thread for that topic alone. It is part of gameplay.
    A specific thread will only be created if an actual external 3DS app has been announced/released.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    You don't need to ask him.
    We will not create a specific thread for that topic alone. It is part of gameplay.
    A specific thread will only be created if an actual external 3DS app has been announced/released.
    Okay, thank you for replyingto this useless comment :P

Anyway, going back to wallpapers and passwords, I really wonder if they return. Gen V ommited the passwords, and I don't think it was receivd toonwell...

Indo wonder if we get specilwallpapers, and how to get them if tey do exist.

Today I used bullet seed on my Girafarig, and it only boosted attack once.

They better fix this in gen 6! I don't think its fair at all for BeatUp + Justified to = +6 boost its not fair.
    Cincinno Bullet Seed + Girafarig Sap Sipper, should = Whimsicott Beat Up + Terrakion Justified.
    It only makes sense.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

This is something that needs to happen, especially if they remove some great TMs like they did in 5th gen.

I doubt that's going away anytime soon.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

Breeding shouldn't even be a post game activity to begin with, it's too important to the gameplay. I was really pissed that they left the Day Care in what is now a post game area in BW2, that was really lazy of them.

-Dream World doesn't return. I've really never cared for it. It's a hassle to initiate, it's dreadfully boring, and the one hour limit and one Pokemon limit per day makes it feel like a chore.
    Agreed, but somehow I think it's here to stay, sadly.

This is something that definitely needs to come back, it's annoying relying on the DW for this.

This is something I've been saying for a while now, seasons are extremely annoying because they last too long. I like how they change the layouts of areas, that's a great idea, but having to wait so long to access them is not. I'd rather that weather activate those sorts of things in weekly cycles, not seasons.

Yeah, they need to make some sort of Pokemon Box type app, that'd be convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Speaking of those, I hope another system like the Man/Primo comes back. I liked the secret wallpapers they gave out.

I hope that we do get that back.
    IDK if we really need this, they already give us custom wallpapers when we beat the game.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean here.
    I really just mean something like the battle subway or frontier etc, not truly challenging compared to competitive battles, but still superior to most of the random trainers you run into. Not to mention the various modes from the frontier were a fun change of pace. There's a decent chance of there being a system like that in play, but it's still not guaranteed - so it's still on my hopeful list haha.

Breeding shouldn't even be a post game activity to begin with, it's too important to the gameplay. I was really pissed that they left the Day Care in what is now a post game area in BW2, that was really lazy of them.
    I generally don't get into breeding til post game anyway for a number of reasons. One being that transferring or capturing Ditto is usually endgame material. Taking the time out to get proper EV training tools, as well. Having access to everything I would need to pass down moves, etc... Breeding a desired result is usually not something available to me until the endgame. B/W2 was an exception, since trading over from B/W was available early on - the Daycare's location broke that, though, haha.

I generally don't get into breeding til post game anyway for a number of reasons. One being that transferring or capturing Ditto is usually endgame material.
    Ditto is not necessary in order to breed your Pokemon. And in fact, there's been several games in which Ditto is unavailable in the main game and yet you are still given access to the Daycare reasonably early. The only other game that prevented you from breeding until post game was FRLG, and that was only because they wanted to prevent you from getting National Dex Pokemon.

Taking the time out to get proper EV training tools, as well. Having access to everything I would need to pass down moves, etc...Breeding a desired result is usually not something available to me until the endgame.
    It's not really as hard as you're making it out to be.

B/W2 was an exception, since trading over from B/W was available early on - the Daycare's location broke that, though, haha.
    By that logic, then, the only games that shouldn't are the first games of each generation (RS, DP, BW, XY, etc.), the same logic applies to the remaining games of that generation (except FRLG, which restricts trading with other games until post game).

Ditto is not necessary in order to breed your Pokemon. And in fact, there's been several games in which Ditto is unavailable in the main game and yet you are still given access to the Daycare reasonably early. The only other game that prevented you from breeding until post game was FRLG, and that was only because they wanted to prevent you from getting National Dex Pokemon.

It's not really as hard as you're making it out to be.

By that logic, then, the only games that shouldn't are the first games of each generation (RS, DP, BW, XY, etc.), the same logic applies to the remaining games of that generation (except FRLG, which restricts trading with other games until post game).
    Ditto isn't necessary to breed, but having one of each maxed IV Ditto is certainly more reasonable than catching a new 31 IV Pokemon for each result. In BW, grinding up the Power items with the early forms of the Battle Subway was a huge pain. Generally getting the tools to efficiently breed Pokemon with a completely desired result is a long process made easier by reaching the endgame.

I'm not saying breeding isn't possible during the maingame. I even said "to me" when making the desired result comment. This is a matter of personal preference.

Edit: Oh, and for some pokemon, Ditto IS necessary to breed =p

I'd quite like a time travel feature, maybe using a new legendary of time (or one of the two that we already have)
    Could use it to go back in time to either the past of the current region or to a small portion of kanto, since it was the first, where you could catch mewtwo
    Basically I just want mewtwo in the game.
    And they could include his touching speech from the movie!

(End game content of course)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I'd quite like a time travel feature, maybe using a new legendary of time (or one of the two that we already have)
    Could use it to go back in time to either the past of the current region or to a small portion of kanto, since it was the first, where you could catch mewtwo
    Basically I just want mewtwo in the game.
    And they could include his touching speech from the movie!

(End game content of course)
    I agree. However I hope we can time travel on will or part of the story line. Like say we need something that existed in the past to stop the evil organization and then we get see what the region looked like back then etc. I think that would be so cool.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I agree. However I hope we can time travel on will or part of the story line. Like say we need something that existed in the past to stop the evil organization and then we get see what the region looked like back then etc. I think that would be so cool.
    That'd be awesome. It'd be cool to see prehistoric pokemon(if needed to go that far back) or maybe be like Pokemon Conquest, in a sense. Battling knights(instead of shoguns) for the key item.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Page 96 of 526 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast