Page 1 of 178 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Default Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

It seems that for the first time the games are going to get a release worldwide. Ie in Japan, America, Europe and Australia at the same time instead of being separated. (For those who do not know, currently the date is set for 'October'). Discuss this aspect here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official 3DS Friend Code Exchange Thread.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Well, it will prevent the "I can't get pass this section as I don't speak Japanese and I don't know the difference between Cat and Dog!"

Well mostly.. I personally think it's been needed for some time. The BW2 release made it clear that we'd eat up the content even if we couldn't understand it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

A worldwide release, huh.

Given that I have a habit of binging on info during the Japanese release and tend to spoil myself, this means that I may finally be able to play through a Pokémon game while not recognising all the Pokémon I see.

I still can't get over the fact that Pokémon X and Y will be the first pokémon game to get a worldwide release. This pretty means that everyone start their Gen 6 adventure at the same time.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I'm very glad we're getting them worldwide, since I've never had the discipline not to spoil the whole game once it's out in japan. I won't be able to avoid spoilers before release, but unless everything is leaked 2 weeks early I should finally be able to go into the game not knowing what to expect.

I am slightly sad that we never got the starter silhouette or name speculation phase though. That's always fun.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Hey guys, does anyone know if the worldwide release applies to other countries, or just europe-usa-japan.

Livin' in Singapore... :<

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

At least now I don't have to wait, seeing as how anything past DSi-enhanced is region-locked and thusly I'd be wasting money if I got the Japanese version. I also won't be stumbling around as much if I get lost, since I'll actually be able to read what the game is telling me.

I have to wonder, though, how close to the one year mark from the international release dates of BW2 these will be.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Does this mean we may get updates in both English and Japanese now (same with event Pokemon reveals?)

idkk

@OceanicLanturn: It will depend on your country's distributor...

as far as I know, in Europe, only UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and Russia have official Nintendo offices. the remainder of Europe gets games via distributors and that might take a little longer for those...

I remember that before Nintendo of Europe opened its branch in Portugal (my home country), the games never came to the stores on the release dates for Europe.

@Wormow: likely, since both Japan and the West are 10 months away from release... seems that the localization teams in America and Europe are getting more eficient as of recently, which is quite good.

Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Wario Land 3
    Waiting for: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. 4, Pokémon X / Y

Quote Originally Posted by Master-o-Darkness View Post
    @OceanicLanturn: It will depend on your country's distributor...

as far as I know, in Europe, only UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal and Russia have official Nintendo offices. the remainder of Europe gets games via distributors and that might take a little longer for those...

I remember that before Nintendo of Europe opened its branch in Portugal (my home country), the games never came to the stores on the release dates for Europe.

@Wormow: likely, since both Japan and the West are 10 months away from release... seems that the localization teams in America and Europe are getting more eficient as of recently, which is quite good.
    I think its because localization is now done by tpc along wth gf.
    before it used to done by Nob after the Japanese release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    Does this mean we may get updates in both English and Japanese now (same with event Pokemon reveals?)

idkk
    Maybe with past event Pokemon like Mew, but not with new ones, unless the anime airs simultaneously which I highly doubt as it would actually rip Japan off with the movies airing in theaters there and just on TV in other countries.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know if the worldwide release applies to other countries, or just europe-usa-japan.

I don't see any problem with this. When GF first releases the Japanese versions, many retailers in various Asian countries tend to bring in the Japanese versions within a day or so, and if the "worldwide release" means that all languages are released on the same day, you'll probably see Japanese and English Pokemon X and Y on the same shelves at Comics Connection.

And yay, for living in Singapore too.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

The thing that surprised me the most was the Worldwide Release.

I hope we can get the same events of the japanese at the same time.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

With the worldwide release I think I'll be able to finally control myself to not reveal any information about the the game until I get a copy. But then again I love pre-planning my team, and I won't know about the version exclusives... I'm so torn!

My Gen V Mono-Psychic Team ~ Made by me
    FC: 2423 3256 7374
    Friend safari is Psychic (coincidentally). I have Abra, Gothorita, and Espurr.

Can't freaking wait, gonna be awesome to get the game so early, and be unspoilt(I was usually pretty good about this) but to cut through the game once blind will be fantastic.

I don't know about Singapore but in the Pokémon Direct it was confirmed for Japan, USA, Europe and Australia in October.
    Currently shiny hunting: Mareep (HE), Treecko (MM), Noibat (FS)
    Current (non-event) Shinies: Gulpin, Liepard, Macargo, Magikarp, Kingdra, Venusaur, Pancham, Steelix, Metagross, Lapras, Whismur, Gyarados (x2), Spinda, Wingull (x2), Sylveon, Garchomp, Dragonite, Haxorus, Burmy, Latios and Kyurem.

For me, this is the best thing about this announcement.
    I recently (and rather foolishly) sold all my Pokemon games, so this'll be like a fresh start for me.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Seeing as Maxsoft had a launch event for BW2 in Funan on the day of its release, I'd say its highly possible that the games would be brought over within a few days (if not on the actual day) of the release. They might stagger the actual release time a little though, since GMT +8 is ahead of many other countries.

Hooray for Singapore too!
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Well, I can never help myself but playing the Japanese games as soon as they're released, even though I don't understand a thing they're saying; back in the day, until Gen IV, I still played the whole game again when it came out in English, but I found out I can't anymore. I never even got to Nimbasa in English Black 2.

So this worldwide release is a wonderful thing. I won't have to wait, and I get to play fully understanding everything.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

So happy at this. For the whole of Generation V, I spoiler it for myself by knowing everything before - Because I imported the JP versions. Then when it came for the English release I found it boring. This eliminates that! It also means that we will hopefully get information at the same time as Japan - So hopefully no "I know the Japanese version but not the english"

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Love it I was annoyed that I wouldn't be able to play this region without getting spoiled due to region lock, seems like I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Probably, because Europe are many countries as well.. He also mentioned Australia, and lord knows they're known for getting everything late.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Now just have to wait 9 months(9-10) for the games to come out apposes to 9 months plus however many until it comes out for Canada(As I don't ship the games or anything), although it wasn't that long for generation 5 so I probably could manage, but hey, even less wait is better to me.

Can only imagine it being something like:
    Japan-October 1st
    Canada and US-October 2nd
    UK-October 3rd
    Everywhere else-October 4th

Would be kind of sad, yet funny at the same time. I assume it'll happen all on the same day though, I hope it happens on the 1st but it could happen on the last day as well, of course I want it as early as possible.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I'm really hoping for a digital download on the EShop. That would REALLY make it a true worldwide release.

Poor me living in Korea must wait until I can order the game

i think that the worldwide release ties in with the fact that some of the places look more realistic? obviously, its more than just a simple coincidence, but only time will tell
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

Page 1 of 178 123451151101 ... LastLast