Page 5 of 178 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I'm sure we'll get information on many of the Pokemon before the games come out, but I could be wrong. Has that not happened before? Speaking Japan wise, before the games came out for them before anyone else.

I'm on board with you, too, I like to pre plan my team, but this could be better. Getting Pokemon you know and don't, coming out of the blue, and getting what you find/discover! That's a great aspect to playing the games. I haven't felt like that since Gen 3, when I had little connection to the internet. :P
    I'll definitely try not to learn too much about the Pokemon before going in. I went in blind with Platinum (skipped D/P) and White and really didn't like it (well Platinum was OK) but I think it'll be different this time around.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

oh wow i just realized october is ten months away.........................................*dies inside*

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    oh wow i just realized october is three months away.........................................*dies inside*
    Are you a idiot?

I really am glad about this. I find when other games/movies/books are released in different locations at different times, you have to be really careful about where you wander in the internet, due to people deciding to put up spoilers without warning. But, with this way, we only will probably know what is released officially by Nintendo and any small leaks that get out. It'll also be interesting to have the entire global fan-base have the chance to start their adventures at the same time. Unless you work for Nintendo, no one will have any idea what's going to happen.
    Cellular, modular, interactivodular.

too excited and made a typo.......

anyway i think the grass one will be grass dark

Worldwide release is great. I've always waited until the games would come out here, in USA, but now it's nice to know that we can start our journey in Gen 6 with all the otehr countries. Hopefully names of Pokémon/places will be localized in English the same day they get announced in Japan.

I didn't like how I played through Black and sometimes got things mixed up with the Japanese names. -_-
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I have to say, it's about frickin' time! Seriously, the Japanese versions always get better events than everyone else. Now that it's going to be worldwide, we can now get caught up!
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Planned team for Black&White (for now):

My friend code for HeartGold: 2193 0071 6980

My friend code for Platinum: 0776 0346 2328

My White version Friend Code: 2280 4861 4183

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Are you a idiot?
    what he said is true, october is the 10th month, it's now the first, but only octobre 2011 is 3 months away, not the october we are waiting for. (8 months left for us)

It's going to be interesting to see how the worldwide release will be pulled off. CoroCoro usually does a batch of reveals per issue, but they may spread them out give October is 10 months from now. Plus, when they get a new Pokemon revealed, will we get the same new Pokemon revealed? I can only hope all countries will keep up with each other in regards to the promotion and news within the next 10 months.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Just got a call from my younger brother telling me about Pokémon X an Y and what can I say? I'm honestly blown away and 3DS international release? Can't wait till this fall, this made my day is such a big way I can't help but show love and appreciation.
    Last edited by Gloryus; 8th January 2013 at 8:22 PM.

i love the fact that there is worldwide release. since i am a competitive battler (doubles) whenever a new gen starts there will be new strategies, and the japanese will figure them all out by the time i get the game and have mastered them. take that japan! xD

I like the idea of everyone getting the games at the same time. We can all get events at the same time!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

This Probably will happen unless japan slowly releases week on end and the rest just releases at once.

There is a lot of hope for this game. Wouldn't doubt if Nintendo once again pulls the Ace with this game.

I think worldwide release is awesome, as most do. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the Jap. version due to the region locking on the 3DS, but now there's no need to worry about it. But obviously it's a long way off, so that kinda brings me down. Also do you guys think the price will go up at all? I'm sure it wouldn't be too ridiculous like $60, but you never know really. I'd suspect it to be around $40, how about you all?

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Waiting for the 3DS package with both games to pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    pros of worldwide release: no one has to wait longer than the other to get the games
    cons: serebii.net wont be able to spoil things for me since i will most likely wind up finding these things out by myself.
    I think thats the point.
    remember when BW came out? nintendo hade serebii take down the pre-release photos to avoid spoilers. This prevents anyone from getting the game spoiled.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Hey guys! I listened in the Direct that this worldwide release will be in Japan, Europe, Australia and THE AMERICAS. That's different from USA. I think this refers to the main South American countries too.
    Do you know if this games will be release in October in some countries on South America?
    I´m from Argentina, so that's why I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Hey guys! I listened in the Direct that this worldwide release will be in Japan, Europe, Australia and THE AMERICAS. That's different from USA. I think this refers to the main South American countries too.
    Do you know if this games will be release in October in some countries on South America?
    I´m from Argentina, so that's why I'm asking.
    when you first go to the poe=kemon site it asks your country and under the americas there are countries other than the us(i dont remember which ones though) so i would assume so.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The idea of a non-simultaneous release - the idea that Japan got a game, and everyone else got the same thing nine months later - is utterly and absolutely contrary to the ideals of Pokemon, ever since worldwide connection became the norm for the series. Having one area of the world get a head-start on everyone else in terms of time to train, battle, learn, and collect is an extraordinarily unfair advantage, and it's about time we got this.

Yeah, I really like the fact we don't have to wait a year just to get the games Japan already has.

This is going to be... Different.. I won't be able to spoil myself, and because people haven't been able to crack the 3DS yet. We won't be able to see the Event Exclusive Pokemon until they are announced/released. GASP!
    3DS FC: 2277-6826-8301

Looking for....
    Shiny Rayquaza from nobunaga event

After seeing the trailer, I think it's finally time that I bail out of the Pokemon bandwagon. The legendaries look cool and all, but it doesn't feel like Pokemon anymore.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

I guess it's a good thing that the games will be released internationally at the same time. I mean for one we won't have to wait months for them to be translated into English. I'm really surprised that GameFreak went all-out like this. They used to be so predictable, but that's changed recently. I applaud them for their hard work.

This excites me so much, will be interesting to see what going in blind is like. Have no idea when a new Pokemon will be revealed. Hopefully we'll get some events similar to the Zorua/Zoroark event with the Shiny Beasts. And hopefully more events will become World-Wide at the same time too.

Page 5 of 178 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast