Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4428

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    "By law the CWU must give seven days’ notice before a strike. This means the earliest it could take place is October 10, four weeks from now."

So we might not be affected after all! ...

It's unknown how this deal will affect the efficiency of the royal mail or it's level of customer service, but what we can say is absolute at this point, is that redundancies are inevitable.

So yeah depending on where we get our information from, strikes could be likely. It's in the union's best interests to have it's subscribers to do so...

I just hope they don't, I'll post back when the ballot outcome is announced.
    The games come out on the 12th of October so if they Strike on the 10th it will affect anybody who pre ordered online (which is why I cancelled with amazon and pre ordered with GAME in store last week)

if they strike you wont get your mail that's the point anything that is to be delivered from October 10th will not come until the strike stops and even after that the post will be all back logged which will take even more time for you to receive your games

like I said if they don't strike more than half of the workers will be out of work so its in their best interest to do so

I would suggest to anybody who has purchased online (unless you don't care when you get the game) cancel your order and pre order in store for the peace of mind

like I said the strike will happen (nobody wants to loose their jobs/or worry about loosing their jobs 2 months before xmas)
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

For anyone in the UK who ordered online, Here's an article detailing those online retailers whose orders were unaffected last time RM striked.

http://econsultancy.com/uk/blog/4834...out-deliveries

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    The games come out on the 12th of October so if they Strike on the 10th it will affect anybody who pre ordered online (which is why I cancelled with amazon and pre ordered with GAME in store last week)

if they strike you wont get your mail that's the point anything that is to be delivered from October 10th will not come until the strike stops and even after that the post will be all back logged which will take even more time for you to receive your games

like I said if they don't strike more than half of the workers will be out of work so its in their best interest to do so

I would suggest to anybody who has purchased online (unless you don't care when you get the game) cancel your order and pre order in store for the peace of mind

like I said the strike will happen (nobody wants to loose their jobs/or worry about loosing their jobs 2 months before xmas)
    The more i read about this, the more i think they will strike. They say talks are still on going, but then "they" also say talks have deteriorated.

We'll have to wait and see for an definitive answer, I personally won't be cancelling my order till the 4th at the earliest but I'm not ruling it out.

I think amazon would've covered your order, as they did with others last time, but this strike lasts longer.
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 17th September 2013 at 11:45 PM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    For anyone in the UK who ordered online, Here's an article detailing those online retailers whose orders were unaffected last time RM striked.

http://econsultancy.com/uk/blog/4834...out-deliveries
    Amazon couldn't guarantee me that they wouldn't be affected by strike as the way the game is posted is selected by a computer which wont know anything about the strike so if the computer decides before the 10th to send it via royal mail then you will be affected by the strike (this is what amazon themselves said to me)
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Wow, thanks for the heads up.

I just edited my other post, I'll have to re edit now.

according to tesco my order is scheduled for deilvery on the 12th, and they'll "endeavour" to get it to me on release date, should any unforseen circumstances alter this they'll get back to me. amazon and tesco use various companies to deliver so as i said before, we'll have to till the 3rd to see if they've bothered to make any changes to the computers systems.
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 18th September 2013 at 12:12 AM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

Nintendo just posted what they call a "television commercial" on YouTube.
    I hope this is in the right thread. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJhP2QbE-A

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    What Toys R Us are you looking at? Mine are selling for Ł32.89 which is what the Amazon prices are set at.
    There was a code going around. If you spend Ł30 or more, you get Ł5 off or something.

EDIT: Also, what game is everyone going to class as their main? (classing it as your main usually means you play it first and trade your previous pokemon over to it) I'm considering Y, but if Royal Mail don't go on strike I'll receive X before I go out to buy Y xD
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Also, what game is everyone going to class as their main?
    I'll be getting X as my mate's getting Y - hopefully I can breed and transfer without the sodding hack check getting in the way but I'm screwed for legendaries - may just try and arrange tradebacks as long as I can have at least every non legendary and complete the dex my compulsive collector side won't get too annoyed
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    There was a code going around. If you spend Ł30 or more, you get Ł5 off or something.

EDIT: Also, what game is everyone going to class as their main? (classing it as your main usually means you play it first and trade your previous pokemon over to it) I'm considering Y, but if Royal Mail don't go on strike I'll receive X before I go out to buy Y xD
    I am getting both so I'll flip a coin when I get them. I like all the Pokemon in both versions and will play both and trade them over to the main eventually.

@nonotJames: its the US Commercial (and maybe other English speaking countries too. i don't know.) it started to air here a few days ago.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 2 months to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    @nonotJames: its the US Commercial (and maybe other English speaking countries too. i don't know.) it started to air here a few days ago.
    Aaaaaand... Australia misses out again. pfft. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm gettng both but getting Y first since i preordered first but i have an issue xD what happens if I win the first week of the sweepstakes and win the Y download code instead of X, have two Y versions or when I get my preorder, say I need to get X instead because I won a download code for Y from Pokemon's promotional sweepstakes xD
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by NoNotJames View Post
    Nintendo just posted what they call a "television commercial" on YouTube.
    I hope this is in the right thread. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJhP2QbE-A
    Oh holy hell. That's...awesome.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

I'm getting X first but I may get Y later on down the line

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

starting with x but getting bouth for sure
    POKEMON X PLANNED TEAM:

Why do some people buy both versions :/
    The only difference is like 10 pokemon and mascot.

And if you want them you can ask for it ere or the gts :/

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post

Because they like buying both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post

Because of bad WiFi, because we can, because completion, because sentiment, because of collection, because of multiple gender, etc.

/reasons

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    That is kinda GF thing though :L the whole point of 'versions' is shifting twice the amount of games, for very minor differences pretty much- because of people who do buy both, it's kinda fan exploitation me thinks. But alas, people do get both- quite ingenious marketing- s'why GF so rich...
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

I wonder when we're going to get an eshop trailer. The games are coming out worldwide but you wouldn't know it with all the Japanese trailers popping up.
    Last edited by Sponge; 18th September 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Yes. and lot of us in the past have stored Pokemon in one game and used that game to battle from and play thing like the Froniter or PWT. While the other game we play through the story line again and raise more Pokemon. At least that's why i do it (I know a few others do it for hte same). Pokemon Bank makes thjs semi-Pointless but I'll still keep one around to use for Post Game stuff and the other to play through the story again and again. Does this help you understand it better Barioke.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 2 months to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    Yes. and lot of us in the past have stored Pokemon in one game and used that game to battle from and play thing like the Froniter or PWT. While the other game we play through the story line again and raise more Pokemon. At least that's why i do it (I know a few others do it for hte same). Pokemon Bank makes thjs semi-Pointless but I'll still keep one around to use for Post Game stuff and the other to play through the story again and again. Does this help you understand it better Barioke.
    Well kinda P:
    Thanks for explaining ^^

I usually do not do this at the game releases, but I might this time!

I already pre-ordered Y verion. Anyone thinking about getting both games on the same day? I think these games excite me more than Diamond/Pearl or Black/White. I have not been this excited for a pokemon release since Ruby/ Sapphire versions!
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post

I already pre-ordered Y verion. Anyone thinking about getting both games on the same day? I think these games excite me more than Diamond/Pearl or Black/White. I have not been this excited for a pokemon release since Ruby/ Sapphire versions!
    Getting Y physical and X digital probably or I may get just both physical since I found a store selliong them for 39 euros each, the Eshop is probably going to be either the same or 45 euros.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th September 2013 at 1:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post

Yep, I've ordered both. Always do, but more excited this year than any other.
    3DS FC: 4038-7225-8781

With pokemon bank, can I send pokemon from my Y version to my X version? That way I would only need one 3ds?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Guys:
    Mail services also make some mistakes so it could arrive after the 8th...right?
    Okay atleast between the 10th and 12th.

Also: Pokemon centers and Nintendo World New York get it on the 11th.
    So when I'll wake up I'll see the evo's of the starters :P

Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast