Page 11 of 178 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 4428

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Littleroot town
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I think everyone (who even reads this) should promise themselves that no matter how much X and Y could possibly suck(or not), that you will not complain or whine about it...and be glad that gamefreak has decided to make more games...gamefreak actually intended for the first games to be a one shot, and have no sequels, but thanks to the popularity, we got to play the amazing versions of pokemon over the years. I'm proud to say, I love the new pokemon. All the changes, new pokemon, new regions, new characters, new adventure, everything.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Littleroot town
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Wow, we've got Xerneas and Yveltal. Not sure what Xerneas' name is a play on, but Yveltal seems to be a play on the word evil.!
    Actually the point of Xernaes' and Yveltal's names have to do with the X and Y axis' of a coordinate plane...meaning that the bridge game will most likely be pokemon Z, as Z is the 2nd horizontal axis of a 3-dimensional coordinate plane, referencing to how the games are on the 3DS as well.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    I think everyone (who even reads this) should promise themselves that no matter how much X and Y could possibly suck(or not), that you will not complain or whine about it...and be glad that gamefreak has decided to make more games...gamefreak actually intended for the first games to be a one shot, and have no sequels, but thanks to the popularity, we got to play the amazing versions of pokemon over the years. I'm proud to say, I love the new pokemon. All the changes, new pokemon, new regions, new characters, new adventure, everything.
    I would like that but sadly, it will never happen. Even if the games end up being the best in the series, people will find the smallest reasons to complain about them. What's important is that we don't let other people's complaints control our judgement and we create out own opinions.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  4. #254
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    I think everyone (who even reads this) should promise themselves that no matter how much X and Y could possibly suck(or not), that you will not complain or whine about it...
    Getting the fandom not to whine is like getting the tide not to come in

    Seriously though, I don't like the idea that if something is wrong with the games we shouldn't be allowed to complain about it. Remember that Gamefreak aren't giving us these out of the goodness of their hearts - we're paying for the consoles and the games and they ought to be of a certain standard. Sure it's wonderful to appreciate the games (as you, I and millions of others will) but if they turn out to have an aspect that sucks or is poorly thought-out in some way we reserve the right to complain just as any other customer unhappy with a product's performance does.

    Of course there will be those who just like to whine about pointless details or push their personal opinions onto others, but every generation has those. Hell, forget pokemon, every fandom in the world has those. As the saying goes, 'haters gonna hate'...
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    Actually the point of Xernaes' and Yveltal's names have to do with the X and Y axis' of a coordinate plane...meaning that the bridge game will most likely be pokemon Z, as Z is the 2nd horizontal axis of a 3-dimensional coordinate plane, referencing to how the games are on the 3DS as well.
    That is a pretty cool concept. For the Yveltal/evil thing, I thought it was a play on words. May be, may not be, but yeah, the X and Y axis plane is what is probably is. At first I thought it could be possibly relevantly related to gender chromozones like XX (female) and XY (male), but you know, it's probably the planes.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Littleroot town
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I would like that but sadly, it will never happen. Even if the games end up being the best in the series, people will find the smallest reasons to complain about them. What's important is that we don't let other people's complaints control our judgement and we create out own opinions.
    I know you can't please everyone...we are only human...but I'd like to see a lot more people out there that actually have the decency to not complain about it even if they have a great reason for it.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Littleroot town
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    That is a pretty cool concept. For the Yveltal/evil thing, I thought it was a play on words. May be, may not be, but yeah, the X and Y axis plane is what is probably is. At first I thought it could be possibly relevantly related to gender chromozones like XX (female) and XY (male), but you know, it's probably the planes.
    I also had a similar thought to it having to do with X and Y chromosomes, but after finding out about the Z axis of the coordinate plane I find it safer to assume they will be based on the coordinate plane...maybe gamefreak is giving me a subliminal message to study for my math final
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    I also had a similar thought to it having to do with X and Y chromosomes, but after finding out about the Z axis of the coordinate plane I find it safer to assume they will be based on the coordinate plane...maybe gamefreak is giving me a subliminal message to study for my math final
    XD lol, I'm sure. To quote a game I've never played- "Nobody said there'd be math!!"

    I'm really looking foward to seeing if they have an Eeveelution this time around : D
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    If there's a new Eevelution (very likely since Nintendo tends to introduce a new evolution on even numbered generations), which types you think they would introduce to us? The new pairs tend to have an opposite thing going on. Espeon weak against Umbreon, Leafeon weak against Glaceon.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere......
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If there's a new Eevelution (very likely since Nintendo tends to introduce a new evolution on even numbered generations), which types you think they would introduce to us? The new pairs tend to have an opposite thing going on. Espeon weak against Umbreon, Leafeon weak against Glaceon.

    Poison and Ground could be an interesting pair, or even Bug and Flying.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I wonder if there might be another "livestream" planned possibly unveiling the zone the which two games are supposed to be located.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    And, I agree with the whole basing Pokéon in their looks. Finally we will have to play to judge them, instead of seeing the stats and everything online first. Looking forward to it!
    THIS! I completely agree! I used to be big into competitive battling, but it really sucks the fun out of what Pokemon is. You're supposed to chose your favorites and battle with those, not battle using the same top 50 pokes (or UU if you're a rebel). I remember when Hyper Beam was cool just because it was "that move" or when people loved using starters even if there move pools were shallow or when it was cool to throw out Aggron without caring that the fighting type rapes it. Now Pokemon is just numbers, and it shouldn't be. It should be about using the six pokemon that you think look the toughest or the coolest or the prettiest or the cutest. Maybe you just caught a pokemon for it to be your HM slave at first (please get rid of those) but it grew on you. THAT'S what pokemon is. Long live Hyper Beam!

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    I can't wait to get the game. I currently caught 624 pokemon on my White 2 game. So close to finishing the dex! With this new game, I'll have to start all over again, but to catch over 700 pokemon. It sounds hard, but I'll have fun with that. Can't wait! Hope the new game has a Safari zone, or something equivalent to it.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Riding on my Crimson Loftwing
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If there's a new Eevelution (very likely since Nintendo tends to introduce a new evolution on even numbered generations), which types you think they would introduce to us? The new pairs tend to have an opposite thing going on. Espeon weak against Umbreon, Leafeon weak against Glaceon.
    Fighting, flying, poison, or even steel. I could definetly see those
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

    Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I can't wait to get the game. I currently caught 624 pokemon on my White 2 game. So close to finishing the dex! With this new game, I'll have to start all over again, but to catch over 700 pokemon. It sounds hard, but I'll have fun with that. Can't wait! Hope the new game has a Safari zone, or something equivalent to it.
    There's probably going to be a transfer system again so you only need to catch all the news ones. My dex is basically completed and I know I'm probably going to try and do it again, I'm just going to need help from others to get the events I don'y actually have.

    Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

    Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,330

    Default

    This international release is quite a ways away. I think we will get some news now, maybe for the rest of the month then up until July we will have no new news. Remember, it's JANUARY, 2013 is still new people. We have to go to October, so if you're like "It's not so far away" It was only october 3 months ago, we almost (sort-of) have a full year until release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    THIS! I completely agree! I used to be big into competitive battling, but it really sucks the fun out of what Pokemon is. You're supposed to chose your favorites and battle with those, not battle using the same top 50 pokes (or UU if you're a rebel). I remember when Hyper Beam was cool just because it was "that move" or when people loved using starters even if there move pools were shallow or when it was cool to throw out Aggron without caring that the fighting type rapes it. Now Pokemon is just numbers, and it shouldn't be. It should be about using the six pokemon that you think look the toughest or the coolest or the prettiest or the cutest. Maybe you just caught a pokemon for it to be your HM slave at first (please get rid of those) but it grew on you. THAT'S what pokemon is. Long live Hyper Beam!
    I agree with this aswell.

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    240

    Default

    I really hope they didn't skip out on lots of dialogue just to shorten translation times. I personally would rather wait a couple months than have a game with much fewer or no NPC conversations. Fortunately, Iwata made it sound like they will be able to retain quality with the quicker translations.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I don't know how they're doing it but I wonder if the translations are being made as the Japanese text is being made so they try and get an almost instantaneous translations for them. I could be wrong considering that I don't know everything about how translating works, but that could be the case. So if all the people work on dialogue at once it's likely going to be good quality.

    Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

    Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    So glad everything's coming out at once.
    No more hiding from spoilers for months.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  20. #270

    Default

    Sorry if this was mentioned before, but isn't it likely that the release dates will be staggered over a week or so in different countries? It can all be in October, but some places will probably get the games on a Friday, then a Sunday, etc.

    I'm saying this because some speedrunners and hackers from the country that gets it first can leak quite a bit of information before many other people start their files. I want to see how much information is out there other than the official strategy guides once X and Y are released in a given country. I know Bulbapedia takes a while to update the most miniscule information, such as the exact percentage of Pokemon appearances on a given route, or where some minor item is found. I remember that new Pokemon stats also weren't updated immediately. It'll still be interesting to play knowing so little.
    Last edited by UnovaCastaway; 10th January 2013 at 2:24 AM.

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I think its because localization is now done by tpc along wth gf.
    before it used to done by Nob after the Japanese release.
    tpc? Nob??? I'm guessing gf is game freak.
    I really hate it when people abbreviate stuff...
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stop stalking, Serebii.
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Sorry if this was mentioned before, but isn't it likely that the release dates will be staggered over a week or so in different countries? It can all be in October, but some places will probably get the games on a Friday, then a Sunday, etc.

    I'm saying this because some speedrunners and hackers from the country that gets it first can leak quite a bit of information before many other people start their files. I want to see how much information is out there other than the official strategy guides once X and Y are released in a given country. I know Bulbapedia takes a while to update the most miniscule information, such as the exact percentage of Pokemon appearances on a given route, or where some minor item is found. I remember that new Pokemon stats also weren't updated immediately. It'll still be interesting to play knowing so little.
    A 7-day (maximum, I'm mainly thinking this will be released like a music album) gap between countries won't really ruin anything for me.
    Though I agree, it'll be interesting playing with very little. Maybe I'll get the first guide of my life.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

    Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

    I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Well I'll probably get Pokemon Y assuming that the cool bird-like pokemon is that version's mascot. It'll be the first 3D pokemon game I've played, though I might cave and get Mystery Dungeon prior to it's release. I haven't tried that series yet and I'm curious as to how pokemon looks on that platform... anyway I'm glad that the new games will be released internationally and that Australia will be included. When BW came out just having to wait an extra ten days after America got their release was painful enough. Especially when all the American's were going "finally we got the game" blah, blah, blah as if they were the last ones to get it.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Sorry if this was mentioned before, but isn't it likely that the release dates will be staggered over a week or so in different countries? It can all be in October, but some places will probably get the games on a Friday, then a Sunday, etc.

    I'm saying this because some speedrunners and hackers from the country that gets it first can leak quite a bit of information before many other people start their files. I want to see how much information is out there other than the official strategy guides once X and Y are released in a given country. I know Bulbapedia takes a while to update the most miniscule information, such as the exact percentage of Pokemon appearances on a given route, or where some minor item is found. I remember that new Pokemon stats also weren't updated immediately. It'll still be interesting to play knowing so little.

    yes it could be. but they have not said yet.. we'll have to see if it's just the same month or the same day... but it beats waiting months after japan.


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    yes it could be. but they have not said yet.. we'll have to see if it's just the same month or the same day... but it beats waiting months after japan.
    They released the 5th Harry Potter book on the same day across various countries so it's possible it'll happen for the pokemon games as well. There's certainly a lot more translating needed for a book than a game...

Page 11 of 178 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •