Page 12 of 178 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    There's certainly a lot more translating needed for a book than a game...
    Move names, Pokemon names, item names, location names, people names, crapton of NPC dialogue, system messages, approval by ESRB, applying it to multiregional 3DSs...

Yeah, not necessarily.

I love that it's a world release, but it sort of bitter sweet. There's gonna be no speculation. No English name guessing, no us giving our ideas on what we think on how things will be. But I guess I can't complain too much. Now all I gotta do is save up and actually get a 3DS.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Move names, Pokemon names, item names, location names, people names, crapton of NPC dialogue, system messages, approval by ESRB, applying it to multiregional 3DSs...

Yeah, not necessarily.
    Don't underestimate the amount of words in a 700+ page single spaced book. But either way this doesn't really matter because I think that they could pull off releasing the games worldwide on the same day. This could just be me reading into it too much, but the fact that the trailer showed a list of the starter names in so many different languages makes it seem like it's going to be one giant release instead of a bunch of mini releases within a big release.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I'm pretty confident it will be the same day. They made such an uproar about the worldwide release, it wouldn't make much sense if it wasn't on the exact same day.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Don't underestimate the amount of words in a 700+ page single spaced book. But either way this doesn't really matter because I think that they could pull off releasing the games worldwide on the same day. This could just be me reading into it too much, but the fact that the trailer showed a list of the starter names in so many different languages makes it seem like it's going to be one giant release instead of a bunch of mini releases within a big release.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    THIS! I completely agree! I used to be big into competitive battling, but it really sucks the fun out of what Pokemon is. You're supposed to chose your favorites and battle with those, not battle using the same top 50 pokes (or UU if you're a rebel). I remember when Hyper Beam was cool just because it was "that move" or when people loved using starters even if there move pools were shallow or when it was cool to throw out Aggron without caring that the fighting type rapes it. Now Pokemon is just numbers, and it shouldn't be. It should be about using the six pokemon that you think look the toughest or the coolest or the prettiest or the cutest. Maybe you just caught a pokemon for it to be your HM slave at first (please get rid of those) but it grew on you. THAT'S what pokemon is. Long live Hyper Beam!
    There seems to be a confused opinion that either you're OCD about competitive battling - ergo you only use OU pokemon, care about movesets/IVs/EVs, and treat your pokemon like, ahem 'brainless drones' - or you don't, in which case you're a noob who spams hyper beam and uses...I don't know, Delibird. Each seems to be an exaggerated stereotype that each group believes about the other, which is silly.

I don't competitive battle. I do random matchup now and then, and wifi battle with friends, but I do not use nor approve of the tier system. I do however IV breed, and EV train, and care about nature and movesets, because I want whichever pokemon are on my team to be the best they can possibly be. To do any less for them would feel like I'm letting their potential go to waste. This said, I've raised plenty of pokemon that many of the Smogon set wouldn't touch with a pole. Why? Because I like to believe every pokemon has potential, and that I should choose my favourites and then work with them as best I can. Surely I'm not alone in this happy medium.

So yeah, there is middle ground between 'pokemon shouldn't be all numbers' and 'don't use that pokemon, it sucks' :P

In the spirit of this middle ground, I'm going to try and work with this 'worldwide release'. I'll soft reset my Fennekin until he has a good nature and hopefully good IVs, even if it takes all day, and from then on I'll try to find synchers with good natures and use them to catch pokemon. If I can scrounge a late-game pokemon off a kind person way ahead of me in progress with eggs to spare, then cool. If not, I'll plug on as best I can. I went 4 generations without IV breeding or EV training, and it didn't kill me then so it won't kill me now to go without.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Guys what would be its Us retail price..... any guess? Cuz this would be my 1st 3ds game

Quote Originally Posted by mew92 View Post
    Guys what would be its Us retail price..... any guess? Cuz this would be my 1st 3ds game
    40$ most likely.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

$40USD is the standard, unless they throw something like the Pokewalker in there and it bumps the price up.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

So, anyone else thinking that the days of relying on Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro for news are over? I was just thinking that now that GameFreak, TPCi, and Nintendo are heavily pushing the global and simultaneous release of X and Y, they can't get by with just relying on CoroCoro and Pokemon Smash for updates and revealings for the new games. This would lead me to think its not entirely out of the realm of possibility to get monthly updates on X and Y. Maybe in the form of Pokemon Directs lasting 10-15 minutes each or put in with the regular Nintendo Directs giving 5-7 minutes for X and Y. Each branch of Nintendo has been adapting to doing more Nintendo Directs so I don't see this as impossible to expect global updates for X and Y each month.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    So, anyone else thinking that the days of relying on Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro for news are over? I was just thinking that now that GameFreak, TPCi, and Nintendo are heavily pushing the global and simultaneous release of X and Y, they can't get by with just relying on CoroCoro and Pokemon Smash for updates and revealings for the new games. This would lead me to think its not entirely out of the realm of possibility to get monthly updates on X and Y. Maybe in the form of Pokemon Directs lasting 10-15 minutes each or put in with the regular Nintendo Directs giving 5-7 minutes for X and Y. Each branch of Nintendo has been adapting to doing more Nintendo Directs so I don't see this as impossible to expect global updates for X and Y each month.
    Not really. Remember Corocoro can leak info before any website can update about new info.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Not really. Remember Corocoro can leak info before any website can update about new info.
    well if the updates are between the 8th and 10th of each month, that'd beat out CoroCoro.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I don't competitive battle. I do random matchup now and then, and wifi battle with friends, but I do not use nor approve of the tier system. I do however IV breed, and EV train, and care about nature and movesets, because I want whichever pokemon are on my team to be the best they can possibly be. To do any less for them would feel like I'm letting their potential go to waste. This said, I've raised plenty of pokemon that many of the Smogon set wouldn't touch with a pole. Why? Because I like to believe every pokemon has potential, and that I should choose my favourites and then work with them as best I can. Surely I'm not alone in this happy medium.
    Agreed! I don't battle competitively, so I don't care about having the best Pokemon - but I do want my Pokemon to be the best that they can be. For example, I have a Noctowl. She isn't exactly the most powerful Pokemon around - but she has a Calm Nature and I put time and thought into her moveset and EV training. As Joey might say, she's in the top percentage of Noctowl. I just spent hours on my White 2 game catching Eevees so I could find a Modest one to evolve into Jolteon.

I wish there was a way I could find out the general strengths and weaknesses of the new Pokemon without learning all the details of what they look like and where to find them. I don't even need to know the names of their evolved forms! Just enough stat info to know what nature to aim for. It's often impossible to know how a Pokemon is going to turn out in its final evolution by looking at the stats of its first form - who'd guess that the slow Trapinch would turn into the zippy Flygon, for example?

I'm delighted to go in unspoiled about the storyline, battles, gyms, items, and everything else, but I find the game less fun if I have to abandon my in-game team members because they're weaker than they should be.

Any chance there would be foreign dex entries for all pokemon? This is given the games will be release worldwide.

It's more likely we will see CoroCoro leak us info... then on the 15th we will get the info from official sources officially. Then probably tidbits from other sources like trailers from Smash and stuff.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    Do you mean that they would have 2 directs every month, one dedicated to Pokemon, and the other dedicated to the other games? Because you have to bare in mind that Nintendo can't take time to cover the same game every month, especially when some games that are releasing fairly soon are getting next to no coverage.

I think that a good route for them to go with coverage is to air snippets of the game after the anime every Saturday morning like they do in Japan. They could do it in America and Europe as well so that everyone gets covered at roughly the same time, plus the ratings of the anime may go up a teensy bit, which is good for business.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    There seems to be a confused opinion that either you're OCD about competitive battling - ergo you only use OU pokemon, care about movesets/IVs/EVs, and treat your pokemon like, ahem 'brainless drones' - or you don't, in which case you're a noob who spams hyper beam and uses...I don't know, Delibird. Each seems to be an exaggerated stereotype that each group believes about the other, which is silly.

So yeah, there is middle ground between 'pokemon shouldn't be all numbers' and 'don't use that pokemon, it sucks' :P

In the spirit of this middle ground, I'm going to try and work with this 'worldwide release'. I'll soft reset my Fennekin until he has a good nature and hopefully good IVs, even if it takes all day, and from then on I'll try to find synchers with good natures and use them to catch pokemon. If I can scrounge a late-game pokemon off a kind person way ahead of me in progress with eggs to spare, then cool. If not, I'll plug on as best I can. I went 4 generations without IV breeding or EV training, and it didn't kill me then so it won't kill me now to go without.
    Maybe my wording was unclear because we seem to share similar views. Not quite identical, but similar. My stance is that people should just use their favorite pokemon with their favorite moveset without worrying about it's tier or if they need a pokemon with rapid spin. In my opinion, moves like stealth rock completely ruin this because basically if your pokemon is weak to rock, it's "not as useful." I also don't think someone is a noob for using Hyper Beam. If it has good special attack and wants to use it, let it be!

I don't see a problem with IV breeding because it supports exactly what real world breeding does. I'm half and half on nature because I honestly like the idea that each pokemon has there own distinct personalities and it just feels boring if there are just a bunch of Adament Gyarados or Timid Gengars because people are afraid of a little Hardy here and there. I personally like to catch pokemon and adapt to the nature it has. It feels more personal to me. Competitive battling has the habit of creating pokemon that are carbon copies of each other, and that's what I don't like. An environment where every Alakazam has the same stats, moves, ability, and nature because that's the "best" and the only thing that separates it is its OT and maybe it's nickname if you haven't already named it after it's set. That's what bores me.

And I'm totally for EV training as well, because you can do that with any pokemon and they still have a chance to be different. I recently played through Black 2 with a buddy of mine and he was talking about all of these pokemon he didn't like that were catchable in the game because they were weak or lame so I decided to catch some of those along with my own favorites and raise them in my team. I didn't worry about nature (Which honestly resulted in some TERRIBLE natures, even for my standards) or anything like that while he did, and I still was able to beat him 7/2. This is on a team where my Crobat was depressingly slow and had the move fly. Why? Because I simple like the move fly. I have a Raichu with Thunder/Focus Blast/Hyperbeam/Attract holding a Scope lens. Why? Because I caught a female Pikachu, with a Rash nature and thought it would be cool. Sure I run into things she'd rather not deal with, but it feels personal. It's an individual with its own strengths and weaknesses that feel like my own special buddy and that's why I love pokemon.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Cooper; 10th January 2013 at 6:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Do you mean that they would have 2 directs every month, one dedicated to Pokemon, and the other dedicated to the other games? Because you have to bare in mind that Nintendo can't take time to cover the same game every month, especially when some games that are releasing fairly soon are getting next to no coverage.

I think that a good route for them to go with coverage is to air snippets of the game after the anime every Saturday morning like they do in Japan. They could do it in America and Europe as well so that everyone gets covered at roughly the same time, plus the ratings of the anime may go up a teensy bit, which is good for business.
    No no, I mean a normal direct with Pokemon X and Y thrown possibly. I entertained the idea of a Pokemon Direct in case its a slower month for other games, but if its a more packed month then have a regulare 30 min Nintendo Direct and have X and Y show up for 5-7 of them.

Brock:

Maybe my wording was unclear because we seem to share similar views. Not quite identical, but similar. My stance is that people should just use their favorite pokemon with their favorite moveset without worrying about it's tier or if they need a pokemon with rapid spin. In my opinion, moves like stealth rock completely ruin this because basically if your pokemon is weak to rock, it's "not as useful." I also don't think someone is a noob for using Hyper Beam. If it has good special attack and wants to use it, let it be!

I don't see a problem with IV breeding because it supports exactly what real world breeding does. I'm half and half on nature because I honestly like the idea that each pokemon has there own distinct personalities and it just feels boring if there are just a bunch of Adament Gyarados or Timid Gengars because people are afraid of a little Hardy here and there. I personally like to catch pokemon and adapt to the nature it has. It feels more personal to me. Competitive battling has the habit of creating pokemon that are carbon copies of each other, and that's what I don't like. An environment where every Alakazam has the same stats, moves, ability, and nature because that's the "best" and the only thing that separates it is its OT and maybe it's nickname if you haven't already named it after it's set. That's what bores me.

And I'm totally for EV training as well, because you can do that with any pokemon and they still have a chance to be different. I recently played through Black 2 with a buddy of mine and he was talking about all of these pokemon he didn't like that were catchable in the game because they were weak or lame so I decided to catch some of those along with my own favorites and raise them in my team. I didn't worry about nature (Which honestly resulted in some TERRIBLE natures, even for my standards) or anything like that while he did, and I still was able to beat him 7/2. This is on a team where my Crobat was depressingly slow and had the move fly. Why? Because I simple like the move fly. I have a Raichu with Thunder/Focus Blast/Hyperbeam/Attract holding a Scope lens. Why? Because I caught a female Pikachu, with a Rash nature and thought it would be cool. Sure I run into things she'd rather not deal with, but it feels personal. It's an individual with its own strengths and weaknesses that feel like my own special buddy and that's why I love pokemon.
    It's not as if competitive pokemon forces you to follow their rules. You go to an OU match and play with whatever you like, only difference being that you'll probably lose against a decent player. Competitive pokemon is about winning ultimately but that's not to say that it's not enjoyable. I have played competitive myself and I much prefer to play at a such a high level. The battles you see there is when you get as much out of a pokemon as possible.

Also, for the record most pokemon have about 3 different sets just listed on Smogon's page and there's many other variations that you can come up with and test yourself in battle. Each set has to be dealt with slightly differently meaning that you have 60ish pokemon with at least 3 viable movesets each that can appear under a number of conditions with you having to consider their teammates just as much as the pokemon on the field.

In the end, competitive is just another way to enjoy pokemon, one that really appreciates the complexity behind those sprites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Any idea on the euro retail price?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Question Remember

I don't know, but if you can find out the price of the previous games, then you may be able to estimate what the price for the game will be. Here in the US has been around 40$ so, we can expect the new games to be around there as well.

You just said everything that I think about Pokémon. Individuality is what makes Pokémon such an unique game. Seeing so many carbon copies in competitive battling is what turns me off on it. That is why I think this gen is going to rock! No planning, no nature selecting, no nothing. Only you and your partner Pokémon, discovering the world all by yourselves! It takes the series back to what made it so magical in the first place: The surprise factor!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

The best part of the worldwide release is no spoilers :O yay ^^
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

Well I have to buy a new 3ds now. My idiotic brother was throwing crap at me and was too stupid to watch where he was throwing and knocked a drink over onto my bed and right on top of my 3ds. And of course this had to happen right after these games were revealed

part of me thinks this is great, part of me doesn't like that i wont be able to find out things like which version has the best exclusives and stuff in advance.

Page 12 of 178 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast