Page 13 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

I've said this before, but the hype is sort-of still around, not nearly as high as before the annoucement, but it's still high. So we can expect some news while everyone is still excited. This will stop at the end of Febuary. Then we will have a drought of news until June, then we will continue to get updates. Remember OCTOBER not two months from now...

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    So, anyone else thinking that the days of relying on Pokemon Smash and CoroCoro for news are over? I was just thinking that now that GameFreak, TPCi, and Nintendo are heavily pushing the global and simultaneous release of X and Y, they can't get by with just relying on CoroCoro and Pokemon Smash for updates and revealings for the new games. This would lead me to think its not entirely out of the realm of possibility to get monthly updates on X and Y. Maybe in the form of Pokemon Directs lasting 10-15 minutes each or put in with the regular Nintendo Directs giving 5-7 minutes for X and Y. Each branch of Nintendo has been adapting to doing more Nintendo Directs so I don't see this as impossible to expect global updates for X and Y each month.
    We may get info from other new sources, but I still think the majority will come from Smash and corocoro.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    No no, I mean a normal direct with Pokemon X and Y thrown possibly. I entertained the idea of a Pokemon Direct in case its a slower month for other games, but if its a more packed month then have a regulare 30 min Nintendo Direct and have X and Y show up for 5-7 of them.
    How many Nintendo Direct were there last year? I don't even think there were 5-7 of them, but I may be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Any idea on the euro retail price?
    The same price every 3DS game is.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Well I have to buy a new 3ds now. My idiotic brother was throwing crap at me and was too stupid to watch where he was throwing and knocked a drink over onto my bed and right on top of my 3ds. And of course this had to happen right after these games were revealed
    Why don't you make your brother pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by master54100 View Post
    part of me thinks this is great, part of me doesn't like that i wont be able to find out things like which version has the best exclusives and stuff in advance.
    Yeah, it kind of sucks. You have to blindly pick aversion without knowing anything about it, aside from the cover ledgendaries.
    Last edited by crystalzapdos; 11th January 2013 at 3:19 AM.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Why don't you make your brother pay for it?
    because he can't because he is too lazy to go get a job. He's acting like it wasnt his fault at all.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    because he can't because he is too lazy to go get a job. He's acting like it wasnt his fault at all.
    well at least you have until october, that less than $50 a month on the other hand you could sell you brothers kidney on the black market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    I've said this before, but the hype is sort-of still around, not nearly as high as before the annoucement, but it's still high. So we can expect some news while everyone is still excited. This will stop at the end of Febuary. Then we will have a drought of news until June, then we will continue to get updates. Remember OCTOBER not two months from now...
    Well, it's not two years from now either.

Iirc, Black and White were announced early in the year (something like... February? March?) and there were news every month.

You're being a little pessimistic here. They need to promote these games until they're released, you know, keep the expectation alive. That's how business is.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    You don't seem to be well informed, we get a game update, with pokemon and gameplay news every month in CoroCoro, so by this time in February we have new pokemon and new stuff to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, it's not two years from now either.

Iirc, Black and White were announced early in the year (something like... February? March?) and there were news every month.

You're being a little pessimistic here. They need to promote these games until they're released, you know, keep the expectation alive. That's how business is.
    Yeah. and we have to keep in mind keeping the hype alive is one of Nintendo's specialties. I'm predicting we will see small bits of information every month, until the release of the game (of course).
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I really am not sure what I think of this, I hated the thought of a kid my age on the other side of the world playing a game in their own language 4 months before me, but I love speculating international names before official reveal. That's always fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I love that there's gonna be an international release. I feel as though they want to increase the worldwide connectivity with these games, so they're allowing everyone to start their adventures at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Cometstarlight View Post
    Fighting, flying, poison, or even steel. I could definetly see those
    Brawleon, Aveon, Toxeon and OREON! I'm such a cheapskate if they make a steel called Oreon I'll name it Cookie. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    ...and that's why I love pokemon.
    All agreed I totally wasn't saying you were one of the 'haters' of competitive battling, I was just developing a point you'd made. Sorry for any confusion!

It's lovely to find others taking the 'middle road' when it comes to pokemon. I honestly believe everyone can find their own perfect balance between iv breeding and training your favourites. Also, congrats on that result against your friend. I once beat my incredibly smug ex using my darling Floatzel against his 9-levels-higher Rayquaza. Power to the little pokes!! xD

@ Aura Warrior, I can't speak for others, but my irritation at competitive battling comes largely from the Nazi-ish attitude some of Smogon's followers display toward pokemon they don't find - ahem - useful. You need only skim one of their pages to see them declaring a pokemon to be crap, or outranked, or easily defeated if it doesn't have *this* move or *this* nature. It's a little narrow-minded to have all of these theories on paper and treat them like the gospel when, as both Cooper and I both demonstrated with our anecdotes, sometimes in real life even a lesser-loved pokemon with a neutral nature and no EVs can turn the tables against the Garchomps and the Salamences of the world. It's great that Smogon offers strategies for clever and creative ways to battle, but my own personal opinion is that it's a shame to classify pokemon in such a mathematical, utilitarian fashion which champions formulae over individuality. If Gamefreak have drilled no other lovely message into us throughout the years of gameplay, its that all pokemon have strengths and weaknesses, and all are equally valuable. With the number of choices soon to be over 700, isn't it a little bleak that many trainers only pick a handful of pokes, and raise them in identical ways because this is what they are told is 'the best' way?

I'm not trying to rain on their way of thinking, only saying it's not for me...

To get back on topic, I do hope this worldwide release thing means we'll get more news, faster. No more peeking at Japanese websites and waiting in longing for the localised names to be revealed!
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Brawleon, Aveon, Toxeon and OREON! I'm such a cheapskate if they make a steel called Oreon I'll name it Cookie. -_-
    O_o" those names sound completely believable.
    i would also love to see a dragon one.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Okay, this is probably going to sound like a stupid question, and it might have been discussed already on this thread, but I haven't been keeping up with this one so I'm not entirely sure of what's been said. But anyways, I don't see how the games could be released simultaneously; I mean, it's awesome that they're going to be, but how is it going to connect to the anime or the fact that Japan is already so much further ahead in the Unova anime than everywhere else? Is Unova going to wrap up in Japan in late September or October or whatever while it is going to just be completely behind everywhere else when the games come out?

Quote Originally Posted by JurassicJonah View Post
    Okay, this is probably going to sound like a stupid question, and it might have been discussed already on this thread, but I haven't been keeping up with this one so I'm not entirely sure of what's been said. But anyways, I don't see how the games could be released simultaneously; I mean, it's awesome that they're going to be, but how is it going to connect to the anime or the fact that Japan is already so much further ahead in the Unova anime than everywhere else? Is Unova going to wrap up in Japan in late September or October or whatever while it is going to just be completely behind everywhere else when the games come out?
    Maybe the other countries do some kind of episode marathon in order to air the rest of Best Wishes quickly.

Back in Hoenn it was common to have two new episodes per week in the US, wasn't it?
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Oh alright that makes sense. I watched the Kanto episodes when they were on, then never watched the anime until the middle of Sinnoh. It's just been something that I couldn't figure out.
    White 2 Team:
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/ser905.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/14x2grr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2348yv.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/28k5vu8.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2jfyn7k.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/muac2d.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think the Anime would make a difference really. Plus, at least in terms of the US(Not sure about other countries, Canada is behind US though), the Anime isn't that far behind(Still a decent gap but it's nearly at the league, while the league has just finished in Japan). Still, it wont make a difference regardless, it's been announced as a simultaneously release and will be as such.

I'm interested to see how sales for these games go. On one hand, simultaneously release means it's most likely going to be a large amount of games bought within the first week. However, less people probably will end up buying the Japanese game then usual as there would be no need to pre-order it from there when the game is coming out in your country(The ones mentioned at least). I'm sure regardless these games are going to end up being high up on the sales, they always are. I hope it'll break records, be it for Pokemon or something else.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    People wil still hack the games.
    True but that depends if the 3DS is completely hacked before then. Some folks apparently have a custom code running on it and that's pretty much it, though ripping new information out of the game on launch without playing through it and seeing what's hidden will prove to be one tall order since the 3DS is very different from its predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    You just said everything that I think about Pokémon. Individuality is what makes Pokémon such an unique game. Seeing so many carbon copies in competitive battling is what turns me off on it. That is why I think this gen is going to rock! No planning, no nature selecting, no nothing. Only you and your partner Pokémon, discovering the world all by yourselves! It takes the series back to what made it so magical in the first place: The surprise factor!
    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    All agreed I totally wasn't saying you were one of the 'haters' of competitive battling, I was just developing a point you'd made. Sorry for any confusion!

It's lovely to find others taking the 'middle road' when it comes to pokemon. I honestly believe everyone can find their own perfect balance between iv breeding and training your favourites. Also, congrats on that result against your friend. I once beat my incredibly smug ex using my darling Floatzel against his 9-levels-higher Rayquaza. Power to the little pokes!! xD

@ Aura Warrior, I can't speak for others, but my irritation at competitive battling comes largely from the Nazi-ish attitude some of Smogon's followers display toward pokemon they don't find - ahem - useful. You need only skim one of their pages to see them declaring a pokemon to be crap, or outranked, or easily defeated if it doesn't have *this* move or *this* nature. It's a little narrow-minded to have all of these theories on paper and treat them like the gospel when, as both Cooper and I both demonstrated with our anecdotes, sometimes in real life even a lesser-loved pokemon with a neutral nature and no EVs can turn the tables against the Garchomps and the Salamences of the world. It's great that Smogon offers strategies for clever and creative ways to battle, but my own personal opinion is that it's a shame to classify pokemon in such a mathematical, utilitarian fashion which champions formulae over individuality. If Gamefreak have drilled no other lovely message into us throughout the years of gameplay, its that all pokemon have strengths and weaknesses, and all are equally valuable. With the number of choices soon to be over 700, isn't it a little bleak that many trainers only pick a handful of pokes, and raise them in identical ways because this is what they are told is 'the best' way?

I'm not trying to rain on their way of thinking, only saying it's not for me...
    See THIS is exactly the way I feel! And I love battling competitively, just as long as my Pokemon don't turn into drones or I don't have 20 Feebas in my PC who will never see day light because I was looking for one with a calm nature. Move of my Pokes have movesets made to win battles, and they do. I just don't want to sacrifice individiality for that, like Raguna and Sasaki said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

I'm really glad that we're seeing a worldwide release for once, and I hope that other companies try to follow this path without rushing the games they make. If it wasn't a worldwide release, I think Japan would have gotten it sometime around April-June and then the rest of the world months later as usual, but thank Arceus this isn't happening. Also, I hope that the bond thing in the trailer wasn't just a pun, seeing so many of the same Pokemon in online battles like Latias and stuff is really annoying and kills the fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TophatMiguel View Post
    True but that depends if the 3DS is completely hacked before then. Some folks apparently have a custom code running on it and that's pretty much it, though ripping new information out of the game on launch without playing through it and seeing what's hidden will prove to be one tall order since the 3DS is very different from its predecessor.
    Sorry I didnt fully get this...so does this mean pokemon stats movesets and other details will not be extracted when the games come out?

I can see the anime perhaps running a little late in the US. It wouldn't be the first time the timetables were a little off, as I recall the Black/White anime premiered before the games.

Either that, as other people stated, they could just run a marathon.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Did anyone saw Gamestop reveal the released date to be october 31 2013....BEST HALLOWEEN EVER

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds...kemon-y/107642

http://25.media.tumblr.com/482d5160c...w4so1_1280.png
    Last edited by spikyearedpichu; 12th January 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Did anyone saw Gamestop reveal the released date to be october 31 2013....BEST HALLOWEEN EVER

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds...kemon-y/107642

http://25.media.tumblr.com/482d5160c...w4so1_1280.png
    They always do that when only the month and year of the release date are revealed. That is not correct at all it's just a place holder until the actual date is revealed.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I'm venezuelan, I wait an digital version because here this games come out a month after that USA. In the E-shop, this games come out to the 0 hours via digital in the release date. Well Now, The spoilers will never go away. Always will someone have with games leaked.

The true about release worldwide, A release worldwide never is worldwide, because are different times zones. Example 01-13-2013 10:30 Venezuela Time is 01-14-2013 00:00 Japan Time.

PDs: Venezuela and Japan not have saving daily time.

So... I guess this will be the first time I won't know of all Pokémon, Gyms, etc before I get the game. I might honestly be surprised at what opponents use.

I really, really wanna play it now... But it's not that bad, it's only about 10 long, sad, dark, months left...
    Let's hope Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion lasts long~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 13 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast