Page 15 of 178 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by 80p View Post
    when i first stumbled on to the news about gen 6 I had thought isnt it a little early for a new generation. I guess it is about that time, it seems that time has just passed very quickly lol. The gap between 4th and 5th gen seemed like a super long wait, same with 3rd to 4th. I'm glad that its going to be a worldwide release though, I've always hated that I knew everything about the game long before it ever comes out lol.
    Well 3rd and 4th generation went on longer then the 5th. The 5th generation will end up being around the same length as 1st and 2nd generations. So it is sooner this time then the last two, which I'm fine with, I wanted the 6th generation for a while(I like the 5th generation, just wanted the new stuff).

Quick question though, does anyone know why they are choosing to do a worldwide release this time around?
    Gimmick. Among other reasons. But I imagine they thought a worldwide release would be a nice change for Pokemon for once.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Didn't they say that a simultaneous release had always been something they'd wanted to do, but couldn't? I suppose this means that they now have the staff and technology to make it happen.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Iwata said in the Pokemon Direct:
    "It has always been a challenge for us to release pokemon games all over the world at the same time.Now we have beaten that challenge with the release of Pokemon X and Y."
    So I guess pokemon games will always be released simultaneously in all regions now.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

I'm going to hold them to that standard now, that all main series Pokemon games be released in a matter of days worldwide. I personally like that it can happen now so I can't be spoiled so easily when the game's out in Japan. I can go into this new region and have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the new Pokemon and I love it. I haven't let myself have this kind of experience for awhile and I personally want to have it again. I have high hopes for X and Y being a great overall experience and not knowing too much thanks to the internet and curiosity.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

If you look at it, Nintendo is really the only company that was still doing the time difference in releases. With either Sony or Microsoft releasing things worldwide within a couple days. Assassin's Creed 3 was October 30th in the US, and October 31st everywhere else.

I'm not really sure what kinds of "issues" they had getting it to be worldwide.

The graphics are insane, the only thing that stops me from getting this is if the Pokemon are uncreative like Gen 5 was. At least I thought they were unoriginal.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    If you look at it, Nintendo is really the only company that was still doing the time difference in releases. With either Sony or Microsoft releasing things worldwide within a couple days. Assassin's Creed 3 was October 30th in the US, and October 31st everywhere else.

I'm not really sure what kinds of "issues" they had getting it to be worldwide.

The graphics are insane, the only thing that stops me from getting this is if the Pokemon are uncreative like Gen 5 was. At least I thought they were unoriginal.
    The only issue I can think of is the high amount of "speaking" in the game, it does make for a lot of translation. Though it does seem odd that they are able to get the games localized in such a short amount of time, when they had years to do so in the past.

Though Gen V Pokemon were original, I did find some were lacking creativity. But this time around, if starters are any indication, I believe they will be much more creative and original.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

So I just found out that all six of my other friends are getting X version, which means I'm pretty much stuck with getting Y. Normally this would suck, but I think this could work in my favor because suddenly, all my version exclusives became much more valuable.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quick question though, does anyone know why they are choosing to do a worldwide release this time around?
    Also, fairness. People outside of Japan don't have to wait on the edge of their seats waiting for the games to finally reach their shores anymore!

Mainly piracy I'd say. And in second place, information leaks, as gpt11 mentioned.

Up until Gen V, people knew everything about the game. Information was extracted from Japanese games, the online community processed all the info rapidly and then you had those softwares that simulate pokémon battles running (I don't remember the name of any of them). So, if those who like battles were already enjoying them on simulators and those who enjoyed the main game were enjoying it using ROMs, what reason did they have to buy a legal copy of the game when it is released in their territories? None.

A worldwide release prevents part of this problem as the game will be sold in all territories before the data can be extracted and processed. But people will be so hyped for the game that they will not wait, they'll just run to the shop and buy a copy and discover by themselves what the game has to offer.

That's my point of view on the matter. But as much as I love the idea of a worldwide release (since I live in Europe), I also believe that it will come with a terrible cost: localization will suffer a lot. I'm ready for the worst localisation ever on a Pokémon game, i.e. not accurate moves' descriptions, terminology mistakes and the like. (Hopefully, time will prove me wrong...)

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    So I just found out that all six of my other friends are getting X version, which means I'm pretty much stuck with getting Y. Normally this would suck, but I think this could work in my favor because suddenly, all my version exclusives became much more valuable.
    Lol...Imma just get both...since a few of my friends are getting X and some are getting Y...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

It's really cool that they'll finally be releasing the pokemon games worldwide on the same day. No more waiting a couple months to a year or two before we can play.
    It'll be nice for once to get a game that'll be new to everyone in the world instead of having spoilers everywhere. I'll be getting both games like I've always done.
    I'm hopping Nintendo/Game Freak will be doing this worldwide release thing for all the future generations from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    It's really cool that they'll finally be releasing the pokemon games worldwide on the same day. No more waiting a couple months to a year or two before we can play.
    It'll be nice for once to get a game that'll be new to everyone in the world instead of having spoilers everywhere. I'll be getting both games like I've always done.
    I'm hopping Nintendo/Game Freak will be doing this worldwide release thing for all the future generations from now on.
    Most likely not on the very same day, but at least the same week, me thinks. I'm so happy that I won't know ALL the new Pokémon and such~

Which is also sad, cuz' I really wanna see them all now. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I hope the delay isn't too long. With the way information travels, it wouldn't be too long after the first release that all the website will have it. I want to know as little about this game as possible when I start, but that might be pretty hard since I have very little self-restraint when it comes to spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    I hope the delay isn't too long. With the way information travels, it wouldn't be too long after the first release that all the website will have it. I want to know as little about this game as possible when I start, but that might be pretty hard since I have very little self-restraint when it comes to spoilers.
    If it helps, North America will either get it first, or last since North American's releases tend to happen on Sundays. Europe tends to land on Fridays, and Japan gets stuff on Saturdays. I'm not sure about Australia or anywhere else though.

So Europeans, you may end up with the game first this time.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I hope the release is on a friday so I can play through the weekend w/o having to worry about classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_SlayerX View Post
    I hope the release is on a friday so I can play through the weekend w/o having to worry about classes.
    It'll be on a Sunday or a Tuesday for the States

The thing that is most interesting to be me about X and Y as a whole is for once having the ability to discover new pokemon. Up until now North America as always received pokemon games later and we've been able to watch over the course of several days everyone who imported or those playing in Japan discover and detail all of the new pokemon. Which has been very useful when deciding what starter to chose and what other pokemon to use during the course of the game.

With X and Y the rest of the world will get to experience in their native languages what japanese understanding players have been able to do during the entire existence of pokemon. That is really exciting and that is the number one thing i'm looking forward to experiences come October.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_SlayerX View Post
    Time for another 30-hour game to beat in 2 days.
    wow my life kinda sucks.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    It'll be on a Sunday or a Tuesday for the States

The thing that is most interesting to be me about X and Y as a whole is for once having the ability to discover new pokemon. Up until now North America as always received pokemon games later and we've been able to watch over the course of several days everyone who imported or those playing in Japan discover and detail all of the new pokemon. Which has been very useful when deciding what starter to chose and what other pokemon to use during the course of the game.

With X and Y the rest of the world will get to experience in their native languages what japanese understanding players have been able to do during the entire existence of pokemon. That is really exciting and that is the number one thing i'm looking forward to experiences come October.
    This is probably what I'm looking forward the most in X/Y. Imagine encountering a pokemon and discovering it for the first time. Kinda makes me want to avoid any news about new pokemon as much as possible so there will be no "Oh there's that pokemon that they revealed"

Not to sound impatient and such, but I really think we should get some new info soon. D: Just some minor info, like the classifications of the starters and legendaries, and such... anything.

This will be 10 long months. *sad*

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Quote Originally Posted by Bramblefire View Post
    This is probably what I'm looking forward the most in X/Y. Imagine encountering a pokemon and discovering it for the first time. Kinda makes me want to avoid any news about new pokemon as much as possible so there will be no "Oh there's that pokemon that they revealed"
    What I'm going to do is absorb all of the information relased about x and y up until one week before release.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Quote Originally Posted by Bramblefire View Post
    That experience would be amazing; but I don't think I'll be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfatih View Post
    That experience would be amazing; but I don't think I'll be able to do it.
    Yeah, I have a sneaking suspicion I might crack at around a week left. XP

I will keep up with the news and watch the New Pokémon and such in Coro Coro. But, when BW was released, only about 50 of 156 Pokémon were officially revealed. So, knowing of some of the Pkmn isn't that bad.

I'm totally keeping up with CoroCoro and stuff, but I'm not going to follow Serebii's coverage this time. I'm only going in with my knowledge of the pre-release info, and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    If it helps, North America will either get it first, or last since North American's releases tend to happen on Sundays. Europe tends to land on Fridays, and Japan gets stuff on Saturdays. I'm not sure about Australia or anywhere else though.

So Europeans, you may end up with the game first this time.
    From what I've seen, Australia tends to get stuff on Thursdays or Saturdays. So yeah, if we/they get lucky, either Europe or Australia will get the games first.

Page 15 of 178 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast