Page 54 of 178 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 4428

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

DLC? Ooh, I'm intrigued. I wonder if since I got both X and Y I get two DLCs... hmm.

I wasn't told anything about DLC when I preordered, granted that was like two/three months ago...

Next time I go to GameStop I'll check it out.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Same thing happened to me when I went to pre-order Y this morning. The worker there said that pre-ordered copies of the games will come with a special DLC code.

If anyone was curious, the poster is pretty cool, it has a map of Kalos on the front, a big sign that says Kalos on the top right corner, and on the back there's artwork of Yveltal and Xerneas.

And for people in some of the Europeans, the Pokemon Day tour starts on the 31st of August and you get a chance to play demos of the game.
    are you in the UK?

hopefully mid august won;'t be to late to pre order i won't be getting my first paycheck until maybe the first week of august i had 12 hours the first week 2 hours a few days a ago 10 hours next week and with the money i have now i need atleast 9 hours to afford a new 3ds and atleast on version of the game, but i want both >.>
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    DLC? Ooh, I'm intrigued. I wonder if since I got both X and Y I get two DLCs... hmm.

I wasn't told anything about DLC when I preordered, granted that was like two/three months ago...

Next time I go to GameStop I'll check it out.
    Yeah, I just found out today as well. I had seen the posts about the map and decided to see if they had them and that was when the clerk mentioned the DLC. Said it was for a special character. I paid my copies off back in April or May and that's why she seemed so surprised I knew nothing about the DLC when she saw the shock on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    are you in the UK?

hopefully mid august won;'t be to late to pre order i won't be getting my first paycheck until maybe the first week of august i had 12 hours the first week 2 hours a few days a ago 10 hours next week and with the money i have now i need atleast 9 hours to afford a new 3ds and atleast on version of the game, but i want both >.>
    Nah I'm in the US, but I'm planning a trip to Germany in order to attend the event.

Quote Originally Posted by ShikabaneHime13 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about X and Y DLC upon pre-order?
    Not a thing. Sounds like the usual fishy GameStop misinformation. Keep several grains of salt handy.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not a thing. Sounds like the usual fishy GameStop misinformation. Keep several grains of salt handy.
    I dunno.... There's nothing on the Gamestop website (or any place I've looked online) that mentions even the Xand Y poster that you can get from the stores when placing your pre-order. And another person on the forums got this info about the DLC as well. It might be very recently revealed to retailers or something. The store clerk was rather adamant about there being a DLC code in addition to the poster.

There's always stuff like this flying around at launch time. Particularly from GameStop. My point was simply that people shouldn't get excited, particularly as it doesn't make sense that if these games do actually have true DLC - that is, adding actual content via download - that we'd learn it from an often-wrong or -misinformed source like GameStop.

Furthermore, "DLC" is a very, very broad term and could very easily mean nothing more than a unique Pokémon download via Wi-Fi, available only to those who pre-order at GameStop. Any number of such giveaways were exclusive to certain retail locations, like Target, in Generation V.

My point, as always, is that people shouldn't jump to conclusions based on one incongruous nugget of information.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There's always stuff like this flying around at launch time. Particularly from GameStop. My point was simply that people shouldn't get excited, particularly as it doesn't make sense that if these games do actually have true DLC - that is, adding actual content via download - that we'd learn it from an often-wrong or -misinformed source like GameStop.

Furthermore, "DLC" is a very, very broad term and could very easily mean nothing more than a unique Pokémon download via Wi-Fi, available only to those who pre-order at GameStop. Any number of such giveaways were exclusive to certain retail locations, like Target, in Generation V.

My point, as always, is that people shouldn't jump to conclusions based on one incongruous nugget of information.
    Agreed it just could be one of the Shiny Creation Trio that are about to be given away at UK GAME Stores

Nintendo has massive policies against DLC. It has to be substantial and it has to be done post game completion.

I would be very, VERY surprised if these was pre-order DLC. At most it's jus a WiFi event live at launch like Genesect and Victini were.

Masuda is against paid DLC. Nintendo is against pre-order DLC and content removed from the game to be DLC. It's unlikely to happen

Does anyone think there will be a limited edition strategy guide for the games? I'm hoping so, as that is the only reason I'm holding out on pre-ordering the guide so far.

The only kind of DLC I can think of that they could do is past character skins you could put onto your character (like past game MC's or rivals) for either the game itself or online trading/battling.

Well here is a DLC everyone would expect, or at least an app available at launch. A Pokemon Migration App!
    But in other things, anyone wondering if Nintendo will do something special for X and Y's release, like they are doing with Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Does anyone think there will be a limited edition strategy guide for the games? I'm hoping so, as that is the only reason I'm holding out on pre-ordering the guide so far.
    Who needs a strategy guide book when we have serebii xD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Nintendo has massive policies against DLC. It has to be substantial and it has to be done post game completion.

I would be very, VERY surprised if these was pre-order DLC. At most it's jus a WiFi event live at launch like Genesect and Victini were.

Masuda is against paid DLC. Nintendo is against pre-order DLC and content removed from the game to be DLC. It's unlikely to happen
    Paid DLC may be unfavored, but I do think DLC in general it does enhance the player's experience.

And for Pokemon it would probably be additional features that they were working on and couldn't add so late or they purposely withheld them to add to the player's experience, or maybe it's Pokemon, for the sole purpose of keeping Pokemon a secret.

Plus the E3 roundtable, partially implied there would be DLC of some kind. I mean them saying "We can't talk about that right now" doesn't really sound like "No DLC, at all." If they weren't interested in DLC for Pokemon X and Y, I don't know why they just wouldn't just already say that there would be no DLC.

Paid DLC? I don't know, unless they add additional region packs to the games, so you can travel to specific islands (maybe a giant island part of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, not the whole region just some island part of that region) , battle new trainer classes (AKA Past Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champions), catch Pokemon that aren't normally caught within Kalos and whatever straight up non-Kalos region locations you get from the get go (if any), I don't think the DLC will cost anything. And even then I'm not sure if additional locations you can visit will cost anything (if that is a possibility), not sure though, depends on whether they want to.

That said, I would like DLC if it enhanced the player's experience. I mean after all eventually the games do become repetitive with nothing to do. So large new content is welcome.

That said any DLC right now would just be Pokemon they want to keep totally secret. And therefore will just update to allow the Pokemon to be added to the game and stuff. Plus in the future, if there are formes of Pokemon or new outfits in the sequel/third version/whatever, they could probably update X and Y, to reflect those changes.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

There's been a strategy guide for every single main RPG, IIRC, though I don't believe any of them have been limited edition.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    But in other things, anyone wondering if Nintendo will do something special for X and Y's release, like they are doing with Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem Awakening.
    I doubt it. FE and SMT both have something of a reputation as more "hardcore" JRPGs, and they're not exactly the most popular game series around in the West; Pokemon doesn't need the extra incentive to buy in order to sell. That, and part of the reason for the promotion is the upcoming SMT x FE crossover on the Wii U; again, selling the games, and encouraging people who've played one to play the other, then get a Wii U and play the crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Who needs a strategy guide book when we have serebii xD ?
    Thing is, Serebii won't be hacking into the game immediately after it's released in another country six months before it comes to us, because a) it's a simultaneous release and b) hacking the 3DS is kinda ehhhhhhhh as of right now.

Nintendo already has paid DLC in a number of games, Fire Emblem has a lot of paid DLC.

Aslong as its new stuff, not stuff that comes with the game but is blocked even though you bought the game and it shouldn't, I'm fine.

as long as it wasn't mandatory I needed the DLC then I wouldn't mind it as it would be an extra but id doubt id pay for it unless it was something I could do over and over (even if I restart the game)

I'm actually surprised how many people want to use the guide/serebii (good luck with that one :P ) We are getting this game so the spoilers are going to be as limited as GF will possibly make them and some still want to know everything that happens before hand... surely just play the game
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I'm actually surprised how many people want to use the guide/serebii (good luck with that one :P ) We are getting this game so the spoilers are going to be as limited as GF will possibly make them and some still want to know everything that happens before hand... surely just play the game
    im buying the guide but it wont turn up until a week after release so I will use it to go back over areas and see if I missed anything

other than the info revealed before release I will be playing blind

To me paid DLC being extra suit and maybe old trainers challenges woukld be perfect.

I think they might starting selling like "female hidden ability starters" or something though.

I was on the 3DS E-Shop yesterday, getting Dream Radar, and I saw that coming soon (as in October 12th), there will be X and Y released in a downloadable 3DS-ware version as well. This makes great potential for milking legendaries, and starters as well. Both will be $40.00 in digital form, but it saves space as compared to buying more than one copy of X and Y myself. lol

Also, I got a sweet poster of the Kalos Region for my birthday from my brother's friend, who works at Gamestop. This generation is going to be gold, Idk the names for all of these cities, but they did a good job with Kalos.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

I'm really excited for the possiblity of DLC. The last 2-4 weeks before release the game itself is already finished(as Nintendo has to give the seal of approval before release) and during that time development teams usually have nothing to do/only fix bugs or slowly start on a new project. That time could be used to work on DLC to slowly but surely introduce in the months after the release. New minor areas, maybe special designs and pokemon. Harder game modes? DLC can VASTLY extend how long the games will stay interesting.
    Pokemon-obsessed since Red/Blue/Yellow
    Playing right now:
    Blue Nuzlocke (Bulbasaur, Nidoran♀ - just beat Brock)
    Platinum in French

My Youtube - Pokemon playthroughs, Blue Nuzlocke, Vlog
    I really appreciate views, comments and subscribes.

DLC would be most welcome, I hope they do an orange islands DLC, and hopefully a Hoenn revisit DLC as well. Imagine Crystal Onix being catchable and having that thing alongside Xerneas on a team.
    Innocence, my brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post

Did anyone else pay attention to this? No? Just me?
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    Did anyone else pay attention to this? No? Just me?
    I just came in on this convo about an hour ago, so I didn't see this one.
    Lol, I feel stupid now.
    Innocence, my brother...

Page 54 of 178 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast