Page 8 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 4428

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I would rather wait a day or weeks after Japanese release than wait 6 months after.
    oh yes me too but I mean spoiler wise i hope the window between is very short if not on the same day.


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    The ン character in the Japanese logo is stylized so that the upper stroke is a DNA strand. I think the very fact that they bothered putting that in there confirms that its related to chromosomes.
    My other argument to that is would relate to opposite sexes and thus would insinuate that there is a battle of sexes of a sort and there was once a whole episode banned in the anime because of this same fact and I'm sure the Europeans would not be as linnet with the games, especially since it would be impossible for them to avoid releasing and editing them at this point. Chromosomes are also far more technical than Cartesian scales tbh, your suppose to learn Cartesian stuff when you in the 3rd grade or so for the average student while chromosomes are a much more complicated concept that the younger audience would not understand because its for like high schoolers + :/
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gracidea Village
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    As soon as this game comes watch 3DS go high and dominate the Vita. The worldwide release for Pokemon is shocking but amazing.
    You say that as if the 3DS isn't already curb stomping the Vita.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

    Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

    Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    My other argument to that is would relate to opposite sexes and thus would insinuate that there is a battle of sexes of a sort and there was once a whole episode banned in the anime because of this same fact and I'm sure the Europeans would not be as linnet with the games, especially since it would be impossible for them to avoid releasing and editing them at this point. Chromosomes are also far more technical than Cartesian scales tbh, your suppose to learn Cartesian stuff when you in the 3rd grade or so for the average student while chromosomes are a much more complicated concept that the younger audience would not understand because its for like high schoolers + :/
    So, according to your logic, they included the DNA strand on the Japanese logo just because they felt like putting a random DNA strand there then?

    Also Pokemon has always had things that the younger audience would never understand, such as EV's and IV's (even though they were arguably introduced in Gen III), and the Cloyster + Onix double battle Young Couple sex joke in HG/SS, and the fact that no one under 3rd grade actually reads any of the text in a Pokemon game (have you seen them ever play? They just mash the A button constantly)
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Worldwide release! Woo! I hate to trump many people's ideas but I do think it's likely that the release day won't be exact for everywhere. The global release will be in October but release may vary by a couple days...however, if it doesn't, I will be so happy!
    I agree with you especially since release days pretty much always vary. Europe usually gets things on Friday, while America gets things on Saturday. Sadly, one might have to wait a couple of days which in retrospect, is better than a couple months.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  6. #181

    Default

    Funny, I was actually searching for possible 6th gen Pokemon a couple weeks ago, and of course... you get those fake pokemon to show up.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    It will certainly be an experience that is for sure. I will miss searching the internet for tidbits of information about the game while I am waiting for it to come out in the US. But it's a beautiful thing, we all get to enjoy a game as an entire world now instead of one after another.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Well, Masuda wanted to release a game that we didn't know anything about a-la red and blue, a game that would surprise us completely...and 80% of the fandom (myself included, no stones thrown in this glass house) ignored him and glutted ourselves on spoilers for B/W. And that was before they were even released in Japan.

    Well, he's getting the last laugh now. If we want X or Y on release day, as a lot of fans will, we don't get any walkthroughs or people hacking the crap out of the game and reporting back first. We don't get any year in advance to plan our full teams, or kindly people who have the Japanese versions to take pity on us and send us over eggs for pokemon that don't appear until late-game. Nope, we gotta go in completely blindfolded and play it like noobs, making do with whatever leaks we can scrounge or whatever scraps of info they choose to throw at us in the meantime. I must say - well played, Mr Masuda, Well played sir :P

    In all seriousness, though, I'm impressed by this move. It's got to cost extra work and manpower to pull off a worldwide simultaneous release, and they probably aren't getting any more money from it. This is a much-appreciated nod to the loyal fans who live outside of Japan, and I can only hope this is the start or a trend whereby we get everything pokemon-related (at least gamewise) that japan do. After all, are we not paying for the games and consoles just as much as they are?
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Hey, if the games were released in the Eshop would you buy them? Although it can be pricier than buying a physical cartridge, it would be easier to carry around.

    Perhaps they will make it easier for people to transfer from previous generations. turn your Gen VI game and while a previous Gen is inserted. That way you don't need to use a friend's 3ds.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,682

    Default

    Seems a bit weird knowing that now that Japan is getting the games at the same time as everyone else, I wont have to worry too much about reading Serebii's Discoveries because I'll have my own copy of the game to play. Japan getting the games first with everyone else a few months later was a nice way to get a head start on planning my team though.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I'm just waiting to see how this fox will turn into a Fire/Fighting type again.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Well, Masuda wanted to release a game that we didn't know anything about a-la red and blue, a game that would surprise us completely...and 80% of the fandom (myself included, no stones thrown in this glass house) ignored him and glutted ourselves on spoilers for B/W. And that was before they were even released in Japan.

    Well, he's getting the last laugh now. If we want X or Y on release day, as a lot of fans will, we don't get any walkthroughs or people hacking the crap out of the game and reporting back first. We don't get any year in advance to plan our full teams, or kindly people who have the Japanese versions to take pity on us and send us over eggs for pokemon that don't appear until late-game. Nope, we gotta go in completely blindfolded and play it like noobs, making do with whatever leaks we can scrounge or whatever scraps of info they choose to throw at us in the meantime. I must say - well played, Mr Masuda, Well played sir :P

    In all seriousness, though, I'm impressed by this move. It's got to cost extra work and manpower to pull off a worldwide simultaneous release, and they probably aren't getting any more money from it. This is a much-appreciated nod to the loyal fans who live outside of Japan, and I can only hope this is the start or a trend whereby we get everything pokemon-related (at least gamewise) that japan do. After all, are we not paying for the games and consoles just as much as they are?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I think the worldwide release will bring us closer as a fandom, with everyone working at the same rime, knowing just as much as everyone else. I think we'll start to see a change in the way people interact in this fandom, and I'm so excited to see this happen. Brilliant move by the people at Nintendo/GameFreak

    credits to Trickster44 for the banner

    White FC:4341 6355 3018
    White 2 FC:4170 2427 0381

    Appel's PC:

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    I'm not to excited about the starters...they don't even look like they're real. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. And the only gen where I've spoiled the game for myself was Platinum and White. All other gens were a total mystery for me. I quite enjoyed not knowing what was going to happen or know where I needed to go or which path to take. (victory road)
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.


    Current obsession: Pokemon X

  14. #189
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Well, Masuda wanted to release a game that we didn't know anything about a-la red and blue, a game that would surprise us completely...and 80% of the fandom (myself included, no stones thrown in this glass house) ignored him and glutted ourselves on spoilers for B/W. And that was before they were even released in Japan.

    Well, he's getting the last laugh now. If we want X or Y on release day, as a lot of fans will, we don't get any walkthroughs or people hacking the crap out of the game and reporting back first. We don't get any year in advance to plan our full teams, or kindly people who have the Japanese versions to take pity on us and send us over eggs for pokemon that don't appear until late-game. Nope, we gotta go in completely blindfolded and play it like noobs, making do with whatever leaks we can scrounge or whatever scraps of info they choose to throw at us in the meantime. I must say - well played, Mr Masuda, Well played sir :P

    In all seriousness, though, I'm impressed by this move. It's got to cost extra work and manpower to pull off a worldwide simultaneous release, and they probably aren't getting any more money from it. This is a much-appreciated nod to the loyal fans who live outside of Japan, and I can only hope this is the start or a trend whereby we get everything pokemon-related (at least gamewise) that japan do. After all, are we not paying for the games and consoles just as much as they are?
    People wil still hack the games and people will still search the internet for spoilers before buying it. People will still plan their team's in advance. Not everyone will be able to get it on release day. :P

    That being said, October is the month of my birthday, and my University has a Gamestop in it. I'll likely be able to get it and play as soon as it comes out. xD

  15. #190
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I really hope this means we get the same events as japan, because I'm sick of them getting all the good ones while USA gets screwed.

  16. #191

    Default

    I love the worldwide release! I finally won't spoil the games by reading through the serebii coverage! Haha!
    Nah, just kidding, I love the serebii game coverage.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

    Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Yeah a lot of people will probably just read the news leading up to the games release and then stop there, play the games, then go read on the site. That's what I'm doing, this year will be a suprise!

    Edit: I just remembed, it's january, 10 months? Oh no.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChinpokomonOh? View Post
    I really hope this means we get the same events as japan, because I'm sick of them getting all the good ones while USA gets screwed.
    dunno if we will but i'm sure we will still not get them at the same time especially the movie based releases..


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Walnut Creek
    Posts
    943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    So, according to your logic, they included the DNA strand on the Japanese logo just because they felt like putting a random DNA strand there then?

    Also Pokemon has always had things that the younger audience would never understand, such as EV's and IV's (even though they were arguably introduced in Gen III), and the Cloyster + Onix double battle Young Couple sex joke in HG/SS, and the fact that no one under 3rd grade actually reads any of the text in a Pokemon game (have you seen them ever play? They just mash the A button constantly)
    No, according to my logic it could mean something else that we dont know about, while the strand may look like something it could mean something completely different in the games but your making the assumption that it means something before any confirmation is given... My "speculation" is that it means X-axis because having something with a male and female contrast is too adult for the younger audience of the series. And every example that you gave me was minor and can be easily argued as you dont know that children dont understand IV or EV training as their has never been a survey or research on it so to say they dont know what it is pretty bold. And the little innuendo hints is nothing, European are way more open about sex than America (I know this) but I cannot see a game about a complicated and confusing topic like DNA being the theme of a Pokemon game :/

    Biology and DNA is more complicated than 3rd grade math... While some players may understand it, the assumption could be made that some players dont so why use such a theme for a series also aimed (if not mainly) aimed for children.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

    So how many Pokemons are there?

    Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Yeah a lot of people will probably just read the news leading up to the games release and then stop there, play the games, then go read on the site. That's what I'm doing, this year will be a suprise!

    Edit: I just remembed, it's january, 10 months? Oh no.
    I'm perfectly fine with October. I have barely touched White 2 and I have games from the past 2 Steam sales that I haven't even played yet.

    The longer the better really. Less likely the games will be rushed.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 9th January 2013 at 4:06 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    88

    Default

    It's great to have it be relased on the same day around the world. I suppose it'll prevent hacks/spoilers for people so that's good. I dislike how they have this released so early. I mean Pokemon Black and White 2 hasn't even been out that long!


    IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274



    Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

  22. #197
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Honestly though, I should have seen something like this coming, if you look at the time between releases for Japanese games to make it to the States, the time has consistently decreased as technology has improved and the years wear on.
    Pokemon Red took 2 1/2 years to make it over to the states. They seemed to have reached sort of a peak with the turnaround time being about 5/6 months, but this makes sense.
    I agree, this is definitely a new frontier for everyone.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  23. #198

    Default

    October is great for me. I must finish my BQ before then.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unova Region - Lacunosa Town
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Seems a bit weird knowing that now that Japan is getting the games at the same time as everyone else, I wont have to worry too much about reading Serebii's Discoveries because I'll have my own copy of the game to play. Japan getting the games first with everyone else a few months later was a nice way to get a head start on planning my team though.
    Yeah this just hit me as well. I always would see the entire dex and plan my team but with a simultaneous release that goes out the window. Which scares me a little because I'm very ridged when it comes to making my team so I'll probably for the first time ever buy a guide when the games release. Outside that I love the worldwide release and it shows that we've really come a long way. They must've pulled out some stops to make this happen and it's really appreciated.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Viridian City, Kanto
    Posts
    301

    Default

    I have a feeling the release will be like this

    JAP: OCT 3
    NA: OCT 27
    UK: OCT 29
    AUS: OCT 31

Page 8 of 178 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •