Page 9 of 178 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 4428

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Krypton
    Posts
    2,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Yeah this just hit me as well. I always would see the entire dex and plan my team but with a simultaneous release that goes out the window. Which scares me a little because I'm very ridged when it comes to making my team so I'll probably for the first time ever buy a guide when the games release. Outside that I love the worldwide release we've really come a long way. They must've pulled out some stops to make this happen and it's really appreciated.
    Well the games might come out a few days apart, so you could save yourself some money
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    This is the most appealing aspect of XY. Playing the game blind. There will be no sprite rips, no emulators, no coding dumps, no unavoidable spoilers. Heck, we probably won't even know how many new Pokemon there actually are for a few years because it's impossible to hack the game to find event Legendaries.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Well, the worldwide release is certainly going to make the Serebii coverage interesting. Usually we get a ton of information about the game right before the Japanese release, and then get a lot more later once everything is dubbed in English. This time, we may get all our information in English right off the bat (as seen with the starter's English names being revealed from the beginning).

    I kind of like how there's no break between a Japanese and American release. Usually I can be patient for the first game from a new gen before its initial Japanese released, but as soon as it gets released in Japan, I start getting impatient, so now it'll be nice to get all the information about the game and not have to wait for months after that.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

    Gallade.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Judging by the quick glance at the couple of screenshots on the homepage, this game looks like it will be awesome. It's just. I AM SO DISAPPOINT WITH THE NAMES. There are so many unused colors, use your imagination Game Freak?? Well, the names white 2 and Black 2 are so piss poor I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. v _v;

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Judging by the quick glance at the couple of screenshots on the homepage, this game looks like it will be awesome. It's just. I AM SO DISAPPOINT WITH THE NAMES. There are so many unused colors, use your imagination Game Freak?? Well, the names white 2 and Black 2 are so piss poor I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. v _v;
    Isn't not using a colour like they normally do more creative then using one...
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gracidea Village
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Judging by the quick glance at the couple of screenshots on the homepage, this game looks like it will be awesome. It's just. I AM SO DISAPPOINT WITH THE NAMES. There are so many unused colors, use your imagination Game Freak?? Well, the names white 2 and Black 2 are so piss poor I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. v _v;
    There's more meaning to the names than just letters so it is still creative. :| and Black and White weren't referencing colors.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

    Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

    Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Judging by the quick glance at the couple of screenshots on the homepage, this game looks like it will be awesome. It's just. I AM SO DISAPPOINT WITH THE NAMES. There are so many unused colors, use your imagination Game Freak?? Well, the names white 2 and Black 2 are so piss poor I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. v _v;
    I personally think that having a game called Pokemon X sounds way more cooler than just choosing another bland colour like Orange or Brown. I think that the major graphics change is trying to show how different this gen will be from past ones, so naming it a colour would be going against that idea.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

    Gallade.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Isn't not using a colour like they normally do more creative then using one...
    I don't consider sticking a 2 on the sequels creative (I wish they would have just released Gray version or something). Granted, you may consider straying away from the color basis to letters creative, but I really liked the whole consistency complex with the game series. I feel like they either couldn't think of any more colors, or something else I dunno you get my drift.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    There's more meaning to the names than just letters so it is still creative. :| and Black and White weren't referencing colors.
    What are you talking. black and white are colors (non-philosophically).

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    I personally think that having a game called Pokemon X sounds way more cooler than just choosing another bland colour like Orange or Brown. I think that the major graphics change is trying to show how different this gen will be from past ones, so naming it a colour would be going against that idea.
    You know there are more colors out there that don't include the 'bland' ones. Amaranth, lavender, etc. If you consider those bland in comparison to the rocks, just think about the hundreds of cool rock names they could have used. Also, like I mentioned earlier the whole consistency within the series was something I really liked, and I'm not sure how naming the games after letters evolves the series in any way.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    You know there are more colors out there that don't include the 'bland' ones. Amaranth, lavender, etc. If you consider those bland in comparison to the rocks, just think about the hundreds of cool rock names they could have used. Also, like I mentioned earlier the whole consistency within the series was something I really liked, and I'm not sure how naming the games after letters evolves the series in any way.
    You're right, I guess I used bad example for colours, but keep in mind that a lot of the more complex colours have either been taken up by city names in past regions or are too complicated for younger players to recognize. As for the rocks, we've already had 6 games with rock names across three generations, so adding two more would be pushing it. Even though X and Y may not sound as creative as an interesting rock, at least it's not adding to a naming trend that has been a bit overdone IMO.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

    Gallade.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tao Village
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    While we'll get spoilers in the next few months, at least we'll know this: We face the Gym Leaders etc. completely blind! We won't know the entire rosters of each Gym Leader and trainers until we actually play the games. And since it's a worldwide release, even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

    Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

    Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

    Edit: Hoenn
    __________
    DeviantART
    Twitter

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    You're right, I guess I used bad example for colours, but keep in mind that a lot of the more complex colours have either been taken up by city names in past regions or are too complicated for younger players to recognize. As for the rocks, we've already had 6 games with rock names across three generations, so adding two more would be pushing it. Even though X and Y may not sound as creative as an interesting rock, at least it's not adding to a naming trend that has been a bit overdone IMO.
    Complication factor? That's why they color the game cartridges. Remember Sapphire and Ruby? I'm sure a lot of kids wouldn't have known the colors of those rocks unless they played the games haha. But yeah imo X and Y also sound like a downgrade rather than an upgrade for reals.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Complication factor? That's why they color the game cartridges. Remember Sapphire and Ruby? I'm sure a lot of kids wouldn't have known the colors of those rocks unless they played the games haha. But yeah imo X and Y also sound like a downgrade rather than an upgrade for reals.
    Nah. I don't think the names of the games are THAT important. But, if the theories are correct and the theming of the game really has to do with chromosomes, than that was certainly better for me. And, also, isn't it better to have the games named after a cohesive theme (like every Pokémon game) instead of random rocks and colors that have nothing to do with the theme of the game? I think that is the case. At least those are my two cents.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Hood
    Posts
    509

    Default

    It's about time. I can finally play a game blind without temptation to spoil everything from Japanese release beforehand.
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Info:


    I officially claimed Slaking, the most American pokemon there is. Rawr.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Nah. I don't think the names of the games are THAT important. But, if the theories are correct and the theming of the game really has to do with chromosomes, than that was certainly better for me. And, also, isn't it better to have the games named after a cohesive theme (like every Pokémon game) instead of random rocks and colors that have nothing to do with the theme of the game? I think that is the case. At least those are my two cents.
    Of course it has to do with the chromosomes. Still, I feel like that doesn't amount to much depth and is merely straying away from any consistency that could have been possible. (YES, I liked the rock series, I feel like I was getting a genuine and unique product especially since the cartridges were colored respectively.) I understand the direction you are pursuing with the names coordinating with the game's theme/underlying plot force, I just have trouble imagining how the series would have been if Pokemon Yellow was named Pokemon Electricity (actually.. that would have been cool haha), or if Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were named Pokemon Adenine and Guanine because of Deoxys (actually.. those would have been cool TOO). They should hire me at Game Freak as the head naming director. ~

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    377

    Default

    The Y mascot does look very masculine, and the X one looks very feminine, so I think the names are definitely in relation to chromosomes. And maybe that and gender will be a big theme in the games?
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565


    Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :


    Wanted
    :

        Spoiler:- :

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Of course it has to do with the chromosomes. Still, I feel like that doesn't amount to much depth and is merely straying away from any consistency that could have been possible. (YES, I liked the rock series, I feel like I was getting a genuine and unique product especially since the cartridges were colored respectively.) I understand the direction you are pursuing with the names coordinating with the game's theme/underlying plot force, I just have trouble imagining how the series would have been if Pokemon Yellow was named Pokemon Electricity (actually.. that would have been cool haha), or if Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were named Pokemon Adenine and Guanine because of Deoxys (actually.. those would have been cool TOO). They should hire me at Game Freak as the head naming director. ~
    Yeah, those were really cool names! But, anyway, I think that the rocks also had part in theming, and that's why they worked well. But, then again, I guess if GameFreak REALLY tried they could come up with more elaborate names... But the names are still cool, and adapt to the theming, so, it works for me!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    I have very mixed feelings about the worldwide release. While it would be great to get the game at the same time as the Japanese, I lose out on prior team building which has be a staple of mine for years... I guess I might need to pace myself a bit this time. :s
    SoulSilver BQ



    Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    I have very mixed feelings about the worldwide release. While it would be great to get the game at the same time as the Japanese, I lose out on prior team building which has be a staple of mine for years... I guess I might need to pace myself a bit this time. :s
    That's exactly Masuda's plan, I think. He want us to try and experiment for ourselves, instead of planning everything beforehand. Kinda like we had to experiment in Gen I, because we had no idea what we were doing. I, personally, think that this experimenting is going to be a lot of fun!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    40

    Default

    ^ Prior team building? What is that?

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by char_char View Post
    ^ Prior team building? What is that?
    It's where you look up the Pokedex beforehand and decide who's going to be on your team before you even have the game in you hands.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.



  21. #221

    Default

    Man seems like yesterday I was playing Pokemon on the Gameboy... I'm really looking forward to this too. I guess the one thing that I won't be able to do is plan out which Pokemon to be as my finalized party seeing as how this game is supposed to be a worldwide release. I guess it's probably best if I surprise myself as to who I can find and catch. The starters don't look to bad, and Fennekin seems like a potential starter for me... but I could still change my mind.

    There is so much curiosity...

  22. #222
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,492

    Default

    Darn it, its like BW2 :/ and tis set for my birth-month XD I hope my 'rents buy me a 3DS or PKMN X when its close XD nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."


  23. #223
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I'm very glad and grateful that Nintendo made themselves the challenge to release X & Y worldwide at the same time, big kudos to them!

    Now, I will have to start saving money to buy a 3DS.

    ˇaɹewʇчбιu
    DeviantArt: http://csc-a7x.deviantart.com

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    691

    Default

    THIS IS OFFICIALLY A GUINNESS BOOK OF POKEWORLD RECORD!

    Coming worldwide together on OCTOBER 2013!

    Sweet alleluia unexpected awesomeness! Too bad I live in said address above location. Which means I HAVE TO WAIT POSSIBLY a day or week later! But one thing I pray, it WILL BE RELEASED ON LAUNCH DAY LIKE YOU AMERICANS AND JAPANESE TOO. Finally happened to us with English Black and White 2 last year.
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    150

    Default

    No more need to import games and play like a toddler!
    Username in all of my games is Jimmy


        Spoiler:- 3DS FC:



Page 9 of 178 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •