Page 14 of 178 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Yeah I never thought of them just doing a marathon or just showing two episodes a week or something to be caught up. That makes the most sense. But then again, that will mean that Japan will be in sync with the anime everywhere else starting at the time of the release? (Granted they even try to match them up. Not that it matters)
    White 2 Team:
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/ser905.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/14x2grr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2348yv.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/28k5vu8.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2jfyn7k.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/muac2d.jpg[/IMG]

Im so hyped for the worldwide release. It sucks that i wont be able to plan out my team and know what nature to sr my starter for, but it will be like my first pokemon adventure when i diddnt know what was coming and just caught and trained my team members on a whim. i cant wait to experience that nostalgia for the first few days until hackers get into the code and get all that info for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    So... I guess this will be the first time I won't know of all Pokémon, Gyms, etc before I get the game. I might honestly be surprised at what opponents use.

I really, really wanna play it now... But it's not that bad, it's only about 10 long, sad, dark, months left...
    Let's hope Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion lasts long~
    Yeah it's a long wait but hey that means more time for them to get these games to be the best they can be. Try occupying your time with other games and activities. There are plenty of games being released before summer and then when summer hits you'll have plenty of beach time and such to keep you busy. Next thing you know it's October again and we're playing X & Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Yeah it's a long wait but hey that means more time for them to get these games to be the best they can be. Try occupying your time with other games and activities. There are plenty of games being released before summer and then when summer hits you'll have plenty of beach time and such to keep you busy. Next thing you know it's October again and we're playing X & Y.
    ... I can't swim...

But yeah, there's plenty of games, so I sure won't be lacking something to play. ^^ But as usual with the reveals of brand new Pokémon... I can't help but be very impatient. D: It's almost a year away...

Oh well. I'll survive. ^^ Maybe.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

So... I guess this will be the first time I won't know of all Pokémon, Gyms, etc before I get the game. I might honestly be surprised at what opponents use.

I really, really wanna play it now... But it's not that bad, it's only about 10 long, sad, dark, months left...
    Let's hope Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Luigi's Mansion lasts long~
    It could be closer to 9 months though, so...one month done :P

Would depend when exactly it's coming out though, it'll be under 10 months regardless though(But if it's October 31st then it's not that less).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I'll believe this when I see this. Localization teams are notorious for pushing back dates. I foresee a Japanese date, followed by a NA date 10 days later, followed by a PAL date 7 days after that. Worldwide October is a bit more than you can chew. Regardless, kudos to Big N and Game Freak for orchestrating a simultaneous release, especially after nearly 17 years of staggered Pokemon release dates.

Although, in 2000, I did have a copy of Pokemon Silver from GameStop in my hand three days before it's scheduled November release date...

well even thou it is good, the main reason still stands as piracy prevention. they didnt have that problem all that much before gen 3rd, since internet wasnt as widely used as it is now but after 3 gens and 2 remake later they actually thought about it. i am actually suprised they didnt do it starting BW2 actually.

Don't worry, it still feels like yesterday to me that B2W2 were announced and the first scans came in, and yet here we are now. ;D

Since X and Y are getting released worldwide at the same time, does this mean that all of the wifi events will be in sync as well? Or, will they be given out at different times for different countries like previous games?
    Last edited by Ben6239; 13th January 2013 at 6:27 AM.
    -------White Fc: 1807 7787 5248 Ben. Pearl Fc: 4685 3244 9271 also Ben. Always looking for shinies.-------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------I can sovle the Rubik's Cube in 40 seconds, can you?----------------------------------
    --------------------------I'm the proud owner of a 63' Vw Bug. Ask me about it.--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6239 View Post
    Since X and Y are getting released worldwide at the same time, does this mean that all of the wifi events will be in sync as well? Or, will they be given out at different times for different countries like previous games?
    I think there will be different events. Because there is still the region lock. But, I can imagine that the events will be near simultaneous, unless it's to promote a movie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I think there will be different events. Because there is still the region lock. But, I can imagine that the events will be near simultaneous, unless it's to promote a movie or something.
    I just hope they keep us waiting for certain events like they kept us waiting for Meloetta......
    *WAIT A MINUTE*
    WE (I mean we in the us) ARE STILL WAITING FOR MELOETTA!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Sorry, but the games won't be released at the same day. Mainy because in the different region games ae selli different days. Whast's confirmed last Tuesday is that the games will be released on the same month and we almost safe that the gap will be at 3 weeks maximum.

And TPCi was worked since 2006 for the games being given worldwide. The eason is that DP had at gap of 7 monhs in the US and 10 months in Euope, gap that was bigger than RS. Before DP that wasn't a problem butwth the release of wifi connection and vrious events like the VGC, it's was clear that the gap needs to be reduced as short as posssible. And the BW had a 6-month gap mainly because the games shouldn't be released in January.

I still can't believe I'll be in college already when this comes out :/ I wonder if I will be able to play as much as I played White 2...

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    I still can't believe I'll be in college already when this comes out :/ I wonder if I will be able to play as much as I played White 2...
    I'll be a senior by the time this gets out, and will hopefully have the time to play it upon release.

Back at the topic at hand, October 31st seems a bit late, and I'm not seeing any confirmed dates.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Sorry, but the games won't be released at the same day. Mainy because in the different region games ae selli different days. Whast's confirmed last Tuesday is that the games will be released on the same month and we almost safe that the gap will be at 3 weeks maximum.

And TPCi was worked since 2006 for the games being given worldwide. The eason is that DP had at gap of 7 monhs in the US and 10 months in Euope, gap that was bigger than RS. Before DP that wasn't a problem butwth the release of wifi connection and vrious events like the VGC, it's was clear that the gap needs to be reduced as short as posssible. And the BW had a 6-month gap mainly because the games shouldn't be released in January.
    well in us games and movies usually launch on Tuesdays but pokemon bw/bw2 dropped on Sundays. i dont see this being a obstacle to a world wide release.

I think that a simultaneous worldwide release is the single-greatest thing Pokémon has done since HGSS. The one thing I've always hated about waiting for new Pokémon games is how long the Americans have to wait for the US localizations, while the Japanese get to enjoy the game in its entirety for months beforehand. With this simultaneous worldwide release plan, there's no whining, and no waiting! American players will have zero excuse to complain about how much better the Japanese names are better than the English ones, because we'll get all the Pokémon, location, item, and NPC names in every language right away!

I hope we get a good preorder bonus this time around. The little figurines from Gen IV were spectacular, but then we got nothing for Gen V (in the US), not even the little keychain-things Japan got. Of course, they don't add anything to the game, but I thought they were really cool and definitely made my preorders more than worth the second trip to the store.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

I think I will be getting the US versions only for both X & Y.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    I hope we get a good preorder bonus this time around. The little figurines from Gen IV were spectacular, but then we got nothing for Gen V (in the US), not even the little keychain-things Japan got. Of course, they don't add anything to the game, but I thought they were really cool and definitely made my preorders more than worth the second trip to the store.
    I want an artbook.

But it'll probably never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I want an artbook.

But it'll probably never happen
    A mid-sized poster would be nice. You might find artbooks for more exclusive stuff instead though (e.g. first 10 pre-orders), but probably not all pre-orders - might be too costly...
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin of Arceus View Post
    I think that a simultaneous worldwide release is the single-greatest thing Pokémon has done since HGSS. The one thing I've always hated about waiting for new Pokémon games is how long the Americans have to wait for the US localizations, while the Japanese get to enjoy the game in its entirety for months beforehand. With this simultaneous worldwide release plan, there's no whining, and no waiting! American players will have zero excuse to complain about how much better the Japanese names are better than the English ones, because we'll get all the Pokémon, location, item, and NPC names in every language right away!
    To be fair we had pretty good compared to Europe and Austraila. Seriously while we waited until April of 07 to play Diamond & Pearl they had to wait until summer specifically July if I'm not mistaken. Still this is really exciting, for the first time ever no more jealous rage when the games are released in Japan because we'll be playing the games only a few days afterwards.

when i first stumbled on to the news about gen 6 I had thought isnt it a little early for a new generation. I guess it is about that time, it seems that time has just passed very quickly lol. The gap between 4th and 5th gen seemed like a super long wait, same with 3rd to 4th. I'm glad that its going to be a worldwide release though, I've always hated that I knew everything about the game long before it ever comes out lol.

Quick question though, does anyone know why they are choosing to do a worldwide release this time around?

Quote Originally Posted by 80p View Post
    Quick question though, does anyone know why they are choosing to do a worldwide release this time around?
    most likly to stop the information getting out like it did last time

I seem to recall both Bulbapedia and Serebii getting emails from Nintendo telling them to take down Sprites of Pokemon that had been released in Japanese Black and White games when they where uploading the game play content to the sites.

this way Nintendo can keep it all hush till october and then people have to buy the games to see the new pokemon and know the gameplay

thats just my theory

Quote Originally Posted by 80p View Post
    I don't think there's any particular reason it's this time really. This will just be the first time they have the staff/technology to make it happen and want to do so. It's like asking why any game has a simultaneous worldwide release: because they can and that's what they believe to be the best decision from a business perspective.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Page 14 of 178 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast