Page 30 of 178 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

90 minute Pokemon XY presentation at E3

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    90 minute Pokemon XY presentation at E3
    WOOT! Wish I can go to E3. But hopefully, people will be asking questions that we need answers for.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    WOOT! Wish I can go to E3. But hopefully, people will be asking questions that we need answers for.
    They may not answer some questions that veteran fans may want the answer to. I want to know if Fairy type is confirmed, but they may just smile and wave me away so the little kids behind me can ask if their favorite Pokemon will be in the whole Pokedex.
    If they do answer the veterans' questions, then I'll be pretty psyched out in the end because I think GameFreak doesn't expect and older audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    It's not terribly likely that they're going to be answering questions at all, and if there are, the media members who will be allowed in know that A. material will still be embargoed, both from being reported on and from being asked about and B. that they have other questions to ask besides "how many Legendaries are there?!" or something else not all that important.

It's a presentation, not a Q&A - they aren't going to go "yes, you in the back" and someone wearing a Pokémon hat can jump and say YES EXCUSE ME I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY THERE'S A FAIRY-TYPE AND WHY NOT A SOUND-TYPE AND ALSO WHAT GAME COMES NEXT and so on and so on.

The most important thing that should be taken away from this is that it indicates the games could very possibly be playable on the floor at E3, which will give us better insight as to how the new engine looks, plays and feels.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 23rd May 2013 at 11:28 PM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    They may not answer some questions that veteran fans may want the answer to. I want to know if Fairy type is confirmed, but they may just smile and wave me away so the little kids behind me can ask if their favorite Pokemon will be in the whole Pokedex.
    If they do answer the veterans' questions, then I'll be pretty psyched out in the end because I think GameFreak doesn't expect and older audience.
    I dont think they are so ignorant as u think... i'm pretty sure they know that pokemon has a lot of older fans...
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 23rd May 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Oh, sure they know. They just don't care, for the most part. The older fans aren't what drive their business.

But that truth is still a moot point, because this isn't a Q & A - people don't get to ask questions, "veteran" or otherwise.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The most important thing that should be taken away from this is that it indicates the games could very possibly be playable on the floor at E3, which will give us better insight as to how the new engine looks, plays and feels.
    I'm more leaning to seeing this happening. It's quite possible some youtubers in England will try and get some footage if possible.

It's a presentation, not a Q&A - they aren't going to go "yes, you in the back" and someone wearing a Pokémon hat can jump and say YES EXCUSE ME I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHY THERE'S A FAIRY-TYPE AND WHY NOT A SOUND-TYPE AND ALSO WHAT GAME COMES NEXT and so on and so on.
    Made my realistic-side's day. Sigged.

Umm, according to Serebii and many gaming bloggers, there will be a Q&A. They probably won't get deep deep in it, but still a Q&A.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Part of the event will be a Q & A - a cursory opportunity for a select few in the media to ask pre-screened softball questions. The majority of the event will be a roundtable presentation. It does not make the entire event a Q & A, and particularly not in the mistaken vein that some have assumed, for whatever reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Azzimagica View Post
    where can I submit my questions?! ^^ finally we'll know for sure about the new type!!!

-----
    Words to|live by

I hope that if they have events the events would be worldwide like the release of the games
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

The events are already as effectively worldwide as they can be, logistically. Whether they can be run at the same time all over the world, aside from not being terribly feasible for a few reasons, is a matter entirely separate from when/how the games are released.

-----
    Words to|live by

This will be the first of its kind. A 3D Polemon experience that will lead to a 3D Pokemon Snap, and/or a Pokemon Snap for the Wii U with the controller as the camera.

Good things are coming. We will all soon be living in a POKEMON WORLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DylanAqua View Post
    A 3D Polemon experience that will lead to a 3D Pokemon Snap, and/or a Pokemon Snap for the Wii U with the controller as the camera.
    Based on...?

We will all soon be living in a POKEMON WORLD!
    No.

-----
    Words to|live by

Based on...?

No.
    Quite the ray of sunshine, aren't you.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

I went to the game store yesterday and found out first batch of preorder for XY are sold out - ALREADY!! The game isn't even out yet and its already sold out >.<

I wonder if they'll have a preorder gift, like in Resident Evil:Revelations for the home console versions one. They have a preorder character unlock in them. Its only exclusives for preorder games. That'll be cool for Pokemon :3 nya~

This will be the first of its kind. A 3D Polemon experience that will lead to a 3D Pokemon Snap, and/or a Pokemon Snap for the Wii U with the controller as the camera.

Good things are coming. We will all soon be living in a POKEMON WORLD!
    I must say, I like the design for the Second Mewtwo form in your Sig. Even the silly little tail on it's head. :P I hope it will look something like that.

Anyways, do we know a more detailed release date anywhere yet? Or is it still just 'October'? ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Quite the ray of sunshine, aren't you.
    You'll forgive me terribly that I don't let my imagination run wild unnecessarily, much less apropos of absolutely nothing in a thread where it's off the topic entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Or is it still just 'October'? ^^
    Still only that. It is possible we'll get a North American release date at E3, but not at all guaranteed, as Nintendo will have more than enough at hand to control the news cycle without having to throw that nugget out there as well.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 27th May 2013 at 12:10 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Still only that. It is possible we'll get a North American release date at E3, but not at all guaranteed, as Nintendo will have more than enough at hand to control the news cycle without having to throw that nugget out there as well.
    Why is the release date such a big nugget? Isn't it something they prepaired for regardless? I'm not home in the field of release dates and such, so I'm just questioning, but it seems to me (uneducated guess) that it wouldn't be such a thing that could worry them that much - Especially since I reckon them to be prepairing for this release for a while now..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    One thing I'm hoping with the worldwide release is that we don't get ridiculous requests on the GTS like offering a pokémon for a lv. 5 Reshiram or Zekrom
    That's entirely independent of a release schedule

I recall that BW2 were released on Columbus Day weekend, which is in early October. I don't recall if any other pokemon games, main series or no, have been released in October aside from those two, but even so, I think around Columbus Day is a safe bet.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Why is the release date such a big nugget? Isn't it something they prepaired for regardless? I'm not home in the field of release dates and such, so I'm just questioning, but it seems to me (uneducated guess) that it wouldn't be such a thing that could worry them that much - Especially since I reckon them to be prepairing for this release for a while now..
    I didn't say it would be big for them. It doesn't have to be something they've just decided on (which a release date wouldn't be) in order to be news.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I think around Columbus Day is a safe bet.
    Any of the four Sundays in October are fair game right now. So guess one and you essentially have a 25% chance of being right.

-----
    Words to|live by

I noticed that Best Buy has no X and Y listings, and Gamestop changed their release date to the 31st. I personally predict something around a week or two earlier, as in New Jersey, at least, we get the games on Tuesday unless you go to Toys'R'Us, where they have the game on sunday, or whenever. I remember the one game, which I can't remember, had a release date on saturday in N.A., and my Gamestop didn't get it until the next tuesday. So, I think the release date will be different for each store, not each country. I also believe without a dout that Japan will get the game first, as all info comes out in Japan first, so why not the games as well? Could be wrong though, as I don't work for the Pokemon Company.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2003559/
    My fanfiction profile. Check out my writing, if you want. Contains Material Not Suitable For Minor. Not for the faint hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro Uchiha View Post
    I noticed that Best Buy has no X and Y listings, and Gamestop changed their release date to the 31st. I personally predict something around a week or two earlier, as in New Jersey, at least, we get the games on Tuesday unless you go to Toys'R'Us, where they have the game on sunday, or whenever. I remember the one game, which I can't remember, had a release date on saturday in N.A., and my Gamestop didn't get it until the next tuesday. So, I think the release date will be different for each store, not each country. I also believe without a dout that Japan will get the game first, as all info comes out in Japan first, so why not the games as well? Could be wrong though, as I don't work for the Pokemon Company.

It's a placeholder date, they haven't released a official date yet.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

I also believe without a dout that Japan will get the game first, as all info comes out in Japan first, so why not the games as well? Could be wrong though, as I don't work for the Pokemon Company.
    It wouldn't be the first time that Japan has got their games after us. For exemple, check Mario Kart 7's release dates:
    4th Dec 2011 (USA)
    2nd Dec 2011 (UK/EU)
    7th Dec 2011 (JPN)

Who knows if the same happens this time even though I find it even hard to believe.

So, I think the release date will be different for each store, not each country.
    No.

As for everything else, again, Sunday in October is the day to keep an eye on for North America. If you see a date that isn't a Sunday (or isn't October), ignore it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 30 of 178 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast