Page 25 of 178 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    Also, Japan tends to release their games on Saturday while North America tends to release their games on Sundays. So this whole 1 day in between releases between Japan and North American releases can be believeable to really happen in. Though I'm kinda pretty much lost for when the other countries can possibly get them except for Europe. That is since they tend to release on Friday and plus it'll probably be the Friday after the North American release.
    Games are usually released Tuesday's recently.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHardenRocket View Post
    Games are usually released Tuesday's recently.
    Not any of the games being discussed here, no.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

well i rather take 1-2 days then 3-6 freaking months xD lets all hope that something doesnt go wrong to where the release dates are changed T_T

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

I am actually very excited by the fact that we all get it at the same time. I'll be able to start my Journey and possibly get ahead of all of the Japanese and other foreign countries that are able to finish their story quickly and then train all of their competitive Pokemon before the US or Europe even get's their games in stores.

I think a Worldwide release is totally EPIK, but I'm going to miss the sprites as they get replaced by models... (i'm scared they might get replaced permanently) At the same time I'm excited for the new looks to the game.
    Only four things go on in my mind: Pokemon, ponies, hot ladies, and potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Kipst3r View Post
    (i'm scared they might get replaced permanently)
    "Might"? The games certainly aren't going to take a step back after this, are they?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Might"? The games certainly aren't going to take a step back after this, are they?
    Definitely not. Nintendo/Gamefreak (Etc..) have taken a HUGE step forward with the Pokemon Universe. Why would you walk backwards after making games like these? it's almost like finding the answer to a question that plagued you your whole life, but then not listening to it. (I hope that makes sense...)
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I wish they would release more information... and for October to hurry up already, lol.

To blow us all away with a gen 6 announcement and then not give us any *real* information is cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia-Fan View Post
    Definitely not. Nintendo/Gamefreak (Etc..) have taken a HUGE step forward with the Pokemon Universe. Why would you walk backwards after making games like these? it's almost like finding the answer to a question that plagued you your whole life, but then not listening to it. (I hope that makes sense...)
    Yes, you're right. Personally I don't mind the sprites changing so much. Mystery Dungeon actually looks better with the old spriting; but the main games would look spectacular with this new cell-shading style. Plus pokemon even have their own seperate poses when using a move. You have to admit that is epic.

And best of all, if Nintendo keeps their promise I can have all this at the same time as Japan! :3
    Foxes, foxes everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    To blow us all away with a gen 6 announcement and then not give us any *real* information is cruel.
    Not really. We're still six months away. And even on a press-heavy run-up as we got for Black/White, we still knew a fraction of all there was to know when the game released.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not really. We're still six months away. And even on a press-heavy run-up as we got for Black/White, we still knew a fraction of all there was to know when the game released.
    This. I don't know why people are expecting GameFreak to give out information like candy. The more tight-lipped they are, the better.

The reason why they're not giving out much info at the moment is because this time around, it's a worldwide release, as opposed the games being released in Japan first, followed by North America, Europe etc.
    They'll likely give us all the important info three months upon the release, maybe a tad sooner, but we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    The reason why they're not giving out much info at the moment is because this time around, it's a worldwide release, as opposed the games being released in Japan first, followed by North America, Europe etc.
    They'll likely give us all the important info three months upon the release, maybe a tad sooner, but we'll see!
    One can only hope I suppose... the wait is driving me crazy. New pokemon game inspired by France? Hell yes!!!

Cant wait. Now that everyone gets to start at the same time
    [Just a minus]

though i like the fact that they are going with a Worldwide Release. i am kinda of worried that the games them self's aren't going to be very long(mind you i play more then 200.00 hrs on almost all my play throws of the other games).

it would suck if the games have little to no content because theirs not enough memory on the 3ds cards; that might be why it maybe possible for the world wide Release.

i mean never in GameFreaks History(or as i know it) that they have English and japan or other languishes side by side for releases right?
    usually its japan only and then takes a half year or one year to translate.

why or how can that change after Pokemon black2 and white2 came out 1-2 years ago?
    do they really think that its that easy or is Nintendo just yelling at GameFreaks and had translators in japan work in the same room?

don't get me wrong i wish i could read Japanese because it's way better then English(in regards to RPG games) due to the fact that Nintendo America keeps messing with the games and changing the wording or even the games content around before release.
    in HGSS i really wanted to play the slot machines!
    i also heard that in the new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity that came out that Nintendo America removed the genders and that the japan version has genders.
    know why would they even remove genders? what does that accomplish?

this is whats on my mind about the release date; still i am pumped that its coming out at the same time as japan.
    Buy Japanese Video Games

Made by Me "JoeyII" AKA TheBushmaster

MY Japan & English WI-FI CODE'S: Diamond:Joey2-1375-1826-1994, Pearl:JoeyII-1718-9652-9659, Platinum:JoeyII-4941-1318-0423,
    HeartGold:Joey II-4512-2706-2653
    ,, SoulSilver:Crystal-1764-2238-4377, Black:JoeyII-1335-5610-9304, White: Green-4470-1016-3515,
    Black2: Crystal-4256-1552-0997, White2: Joey II-1765-0482-2478
    X&Y + 3ds Friend Code: J9-1118-0227-0709 (Please PM Me Your Code)

The release date has nothing to do with the amount of content in the games. Unrelated in every way. Your worries are unfounded.

-----
    Words to|live by

I wouldn't worry about length due to cartridge capacity, as the 3DS has far more capacity than DS.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Odds are they're doing this because the 3DS is region-locked: a Japanese game won't work on an English 3DS.

Of course, we still won't get half the events that Japan does, so people will still buy the Japanese versions (and Japanese 3DS-es).

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    Odds are they're doing this because the 3DS is region-locked: a Japanese game won't work on an English 3DS.
    Later Generation IV and Generation V titles were also region-locked when played on the more advanced systems. That factor also has no bearing on the release date.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    Of course, we still won't get half the events that Japan does, so people will still buy the Japanese versions (and Japanese 3DS-es).
    Well now that the release is around the same time internationally I think there is a possibility that there will also be less Japan exclusive events. At least I hope so.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Most of the events Japan receives that the rest of the world does not are culturally-based - Japanese holidays, new bullet train lines, retail chain promotions, etc. - and wouldn't serve any purpose internationally. The third factor in a row that has nothing to do with the release date.

-----
    Words to|live by

Man. A worldwide release... This must be a huge success for the pokemon company^^

Finally. I'm sorta sick of having to wait three to six months to play when I know there's others which have had plenty of time to enjoy a game. I'm sure all those Europeans will be glad to finally don't have to wait longer than the others, especially in this day and age.
    *signature coming soon...*

Kor'vodisth - Flame Of Courage

Fave Starters: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar and Oshawott
    Fave Pokemon: Ninetales
    Fave X/Y Starter: Fennekin

Known as Crimson Arcanine on Pokecommunity Forum
    Known as SoulflameNinetales on the Pokemasters forum

I wonder if Nintendo is planning on realizing a 3Ds bundle with the games (they did it with the D&P and BW1)....if it so could it also be released the same time in america since the worldwide released?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I wonder if Nintendo is planning on realizing a 3Ds bundle with the games (they did it with the D&P and BW1)....if it so could it also be released the same time in america since the worldwide released?
    If there is (which there likely would be...considering we've had special edition consoles since generation II) there could be 2 choices as to how it would be done: 1) GameFreak allows X/Y to be predownloaded onto the 3DS to lower the cost. 2) Or GF is still the same ol' traditional company and the game itself is physically bundled with the 3DS (potentially increasing costs).
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 31st March 2013 at 2:03 AM.

Page 25 of 178 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast