Page 29 of 178 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    looking at the boxart for Pokemon Y, the background looks similar to Kid Icarus Uprising.
    Yeah i noticed that..but it fits Yveltal..( I am 100% sure Yveltal is going to be have Dark/Flying but i could be wrong)

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Yeah i noticed that..but it fits Yveltal..( I am 100% sure Yveltal is going to be have Dark/Flying but i could be wrong)
    WUT?

Great looking boxart for both games, I think I'll be going for Y though because I like Yveltal more out of the two mascot legendaries.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I was just wondering because I can't remember from the last pokemon release, but does most of the information about the games come out before the games actually come out or was it through getting an early japanese version that most of the information leaks out? I really want most of the game to be a surprise but I can never stop myself from checking out serebii time and again. So will a worldwide release mean that there won't be a ton of details about the game until it actually comes out or no? I'm really hoping so because I miss back in red/blue and gold/silver having no idea what was in store for me.

P.S. The american boxart look incredible, I love X's art even though I can't decide which legendary I like better yet, they each have their own distinct qualities.
    King of Wurmples

The last few games have been laid entirely bare to us over the course of a few days from people getting their Japanese copies and then dumping the ROM to sift through it and discover its secrets. That's how we would get everything from movesets to sprites to evolutions to Legendary Pokémon to anything else hidden in there.

The games releasing so near to each other internationally means that your English-language copy will be in hand and in play (or close to it) while that usual process is taking place.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The last few games have been laid entirely bare to us over the course of a few days from people getting their Japanese copies and then dumping the ROM to sift through it and discover its secrets. That's how we would get everything from movesets to sprites to evolutions to Legendary Pokémon to anything else hidden in there.

The games releasing so near to each other internationally means that your English-language copy will be in hand and in play (or close to it) while that usual process is taking place.
    I agree. I am happy we are getting it the same time as Japan.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

one of the webshops in my country (The Netherlands, Europe) says X and Y will be released at the 18th day of October, since it's on a friday, it actually can be the real release day of Europe (so far I know, all releases are on Friday)
    I think America will get it on Sunday, the same week... so the 13th day... It can be true, but until serebii.net proves it, we can't 100% trust it...

In every game, I've always spoiled every new Pokemon and every little plot point before they realeased in the USA. I am SOOOO happy that has changed!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    In every game, I've always spoiled every new Pokemon and every little plot point before they realeased in the USA. I am SOOOO happy that has changed!
    YES! I agree with this. Although it always was in Japanese anyways, huh?
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

I've had Pokemon X pre-ordered from EB Games for a few weeks now. Can't wait!

for the first time ever in the history of pokemon

a game was rerleased worldwide
    Last edited by elypo; 18th May 2013 at 10:06 AM.

I'm so excited I'm gonna camp my local Nintendo World store/pokecenter I hope they do a special event on that day.
    My Deviantart: http://ninfiaplushies.deviantart.com/
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 3483 2007 2970
    Slyveon/Ninfia picture belongs to http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.com Orginal moving gif version can be seen here: http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.co...nfia-353982850

With most countries getting it around the same time, I guess it will be a case of training any new pokemon to around level 30 to see how they turn out and whether I should use them, seeing as we will not know all evolution levels and moves (right?).

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

i never had to wait for a game until this one lol they normally just appeared.

fire red i got for chirstmas first game no wait emerald was released not to much longer and i got it for my 7th birthday diamond and earl were out by the time i found out about sinnoh region and i just bought them gold had been out since 1999 and i just bought it by the time i had gotten back into pokemon earlier this year black 2 was already released xD so i have no idea what you guys went though while japan got it and you had to wait but it's pretty neat tat it's gonna be a global release
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    With most countries getting it around the same time, I guess it will be a case of training any new pokemon to around level 30 to see how they turn out and whether I should use them, seeing as we will not know all evolution levels and moves (right?).
    We won't have had them for months by the time of the international release, as we have in the past, but I suspect it won't take very long at all.

-----
    Words to|live by

I have never ventured into this thread and I don't really feel like reading (skimming) through 36 pages right now at 20 mins to midnight, but I just thought I'd finally ask a question I've been wondering since the WW release announcement:

Will this factor in to how much information will be released prior to the game shipping? I've always tried to shy away from all the rumors and speculations for previous gens, but since I have a huge backlog of games already I want to make sure I 100% want this game once it comes out (I skipped out on BW2 after only making it half-way through BW during college) so I don't know how much pre-release information wasn't given before being release in Japan.

Did they know every single Pokemon? Did they know how to transfer and when we can transfer Pokemon? Etc.

What might we expect NOT to find out before the game is released is really what I am asking. Obviously nobody knows for sure, just wondering based on previous gens.

We're going to know a small fraction of the Pokémon, a small degree of information about the region (region name, a few cities and landmarks) and maybe a few other things here and there. We won't know anywhere close to everything and particularly we'll know very little - possibly nothing - about the deeper game mechanics, like transferring Pokémon from past games.

In a vacuum, that much is no different than any past core title - what's different is that the Japanese version won't have been out for six months by the time the international versions release.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Iser View Post
    I have never ventured into this thread and I don't really feel like reading (skimming) through 36 pages right now at 20 mins to midnight, but I just thought I'd finally ask a question I've been wondering since the WW release announcement:

Will this factor in to how much information will be released prior to the game shipping? I've always tried to shy away from all the rumors and speculations for previous gens, but since I have a huge backlog of games already I want to make sure I 100% want this game once it comes out (I skipped out on BW2 after only making it half-way through BW during college) so I don't know how much pre-release information wasn't given before being release in Japan.

Did they know every single Pokemon? Did they know how to transfer and when we can transfer Pokemon? Etc.

What might we expect NOT to find out before the game is released is really what I am asking. Obviously nobody knows for sure, just wondering based on previous gens.
    We knew about BW pokemon before release because someone had a leaked sprite sheet, i remember people thinking it was fake because he/she released a pic of tympole and everyone was like WTFAKE but then it turned out that weird face on it was real. 4th gen we only knew about some pokes before release but that wasnt leaks just pre release promotion/hype

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    We knew about BW pokemon before release because someone had a leaked sprite sheet, i remember people thinking it was fake because he/she released a pic of tympole and everyone was like WTFAKE but then it turned out that weird face on it was real. 4th gen we only knew about some pokes before release but that wasnt leaks just pre release promotion/hype
    Hmm, I hope nobody leaks a sprite sheet or something. I'd rather only go by the official news and discover most new Pokemon by myself. You know, to have that feeling encountering a uncommon or rare Pokemon on a route. A pokemon you've never seen before. Or see a gym leader using an evo of an existing Pokemon you didn't know yet. For this reason I won't look at anything like walkthroughs now.

This is also why I am so happy with this worldwide release. I also want to ask why some here deem it impossible for the game to be released in a span of two or three days worldwide. They can ship the games to every country before it releases right? So let's say Europe releases it on a Friday or something and NA and Japan on a Saturday. Wouldn't that work?

As sprites appear to be a thing of the past, I'd say it would be exceedingly difficult for a sprite sheet to be leaked this go-around.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    I also want to ask why some here deem it impossible for the game to be released in a span of two or three days worldwide.
    No one has argued this. Aside from the fact that the North American release would be a Sunday rather than a Saturday, the scenario you describe is what the more logical arguments have been for, not against.

It's that people seem to think that "worldwide" means everywhere on the same exact day, which, while not impossible, isn't terribly likely or feasible.

-----
    Words to|live by

As sprites appear to be a thing of the past, I'd say it would be exceedingly difficult for a sprite sheet to be leaked this go-around.

No one has argued this. Aside from the fact that the North American release would be a Sunday rather than a Saturday, the scenario you describe is what the more logical arguments have been for, not against.

It's that people seem to think that "worldwide" means everywhere on the same exact day, which, while not impossible, isn't terribly likely or feasible.
    Oh, I thought I saw some post (long time ago) that they thought it could be released over the whole month of October or that Japan could still get it a/two weeks earlier... I could be wrong though or I just misinterpretated some posts.

We're going to know a small fraction of the Pokémon, a small degree of information about the region (region name, a few cities and landmarks) and maybe a few other things here and there. We won't know anywhere close to everything and particularly we'll know very little - possibly nothing - about the deeper game mechanics, like transferring Pokémon from past games.

In a vacuum, that much is no different than any past core title - what's different is that the Japanese version won't have been out for six months by the time the international versions release.

Good good! I'm more excited that we get very little info prior to release this way. Will make me want to get the game right away then. If we would get all the info right away I would have just waited till my un-played game list decreased since I would be playing the game with all the info anyways.

Thanks to you and everyone else below for your quick helpful comments. I just hope that we don't get some huge leaked entire list of Pokemon again that gets confirmed, I want to have some surprises when playing, thus why I normally shy away from pre-Japan release info, I was never sure if they always got all the info or not.

I wonder if gamefreak will gift us a demo? And if so let us transfer the mon with caught to the main game!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I wonder if gamefreak will gift us a demo? And if so let us transfer the mon with caught to the main game!!
    I'd imagine there'd be an option to copy whatever save data you have from the demo over to the system memory or the SD card, then load the data onto either a physical or digital copy of XY when they come out.

Kinda like what they did with DENPA MEN.

^ I guess!! I also got my finger cross for a limited edition XY 3Ds!!!

Also the games are rated PG

I'm pretty sure a guide will be released along with the game that includes most of the information that would have been leaked prior (if this wasn't a worldwide release). Then a full Pokedex will be released the following month along with the Pokedex 3D Pro expansion or sequel.

So there will be no lack of info on the un-revealed Pokemon, by the release.

Page 29 of 178 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast