Page 33 of 178 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Also forgetting South Africa and New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by LawLessChaoz View Post
    Also forgetting South Africa and New Zealand.
    I said Oceania, New Zeland is part of Oceania, I believe african countries get the European versions of the games.

Did I forget somthing this time...?

I'm telling the guy its worldwide not 3 countries like he though, thats my point.

So anyone here OK with us having a cool animated trailer for Pokemon X and Y. Like something similar to what they did with Black 2 and White 2.
    Let's Rock and Roll!

FireRed/White2 Team:
    HeartGold Team:
    Black and White Team: <--Very unnatural team lol
    Platinum Team:
    Favorite Pokemon:
    -Favorite Types: Electric, Fire, and Flying-

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    So anyone here OK with us having a cool animated trailer for Pokemon X and Y. Like something similar to what they did with Black 2 and White 2.
    I can't see why not. We had two animated trailers for the new Mystery Dungeon game as well so it wouldn't surprise me to see new animated trailers for X&Y as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    You're forgetting Australia. And those are continents anyways.
    Maybe because that's how "worldwide release" works... Available all across the continents (with obvious exceptions).
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Do you think that during the conference the will tell us the exact date they are releasing the game? Like October 10th etc.

Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    Do you think that during the conference the will tell us the exact date they are releasing the game? Like October 10th etc.
    I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    I hope so!
    Game stop better not pull the same crap like when Fire Emblem Awakening was released.
    There will be a lot of angry fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Maybe because that's how "worldwide release" works... Available all across the continents (with obvious exceptions).
    I know that's how it works...-_-. I was saying that they called them countries...not continents.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Game stop better not pull the same crap like when Fire Emblem Awakening was released.
    What is it you claim GameStop did that will result in rioting and mass hysteria?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    I know that's how it works...-_-. I was saying that they called them countries...not continents.
    It's not suppose to talk about countries but continents as a whole. That's why saying "Australia" doesn't make sense in this situation. Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    Now that you say it I do see Nintendo revealing it. At least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    What happened?
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    What happened?
    I think he's talking about the retailers having very few copies when FE was released. It won't happen to Pokemon because FE wasn't expected to sell like it did.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

If that is what's being referred to, wouldn't that be on Nintendo "undershipping" (as much as you can predict what the demand for a franchise like Fire Emblem is going to be in a country where it never truly caught fire) the game far more so than it would be on any one retailer?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    If that is what's being referred to, wouldn't that be on Nintendo "undershipping" (as much as you can predict what the demand for a franchise like Fire Emblem is going to be in a country where it never truly caught fire) the game far more so than it would be on any one retailer?
    Also at my gamestop it took them like two months after release to get another shipment of games(FEA).

Pokemon games usually sell out within the first couple of days or even hours here at my local gamestop.

Which brings me back to precisely what I said - that isn't GameStop's fault. It's Nintendo's fault (if "fault" is what you call it), for undershipping the title.

The chances of Nintendo undershipping a title of X/Y's importance to that same degree are practically zero. You may have trouble getting a copy if you don't preorder, yes, but it won't be because the title was undershipped.

-----
    Words to|live by

Which brings me back to precisely what I said - that isn't GameStop's fault. It's Nintendo's fault (if "fault" is what you call it), for undershipping the title.

The chances of Nintendo undershipping a title of X/Y's importance to that same degree are practically zero. You may have trouble getting a copy if you don't preorder, yes, but it won't be because the title was undershipped.
    Well of course it would be Nintendo's fault. But what happened with Gamestop is that in the case of Fire Emblem Awakening Gamestop didn't sell the games when they were supposed to. I think it was due to some misunderstanding. Anyway I have noticed that some Gamestop's have given specific dates for when the games(X and Y) will be released which we don't even know the specific day and as you can see this is were the problems could start. I was referring to the fact that they messed up the dates not that it was their fault for not having enough games in stock. I just mentioned the latter because it seemed interesting. I should be more specific next time sorry about that.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 6th June 2013 at 5:56 AM. Reason: Wording

GameStop is doing nothing worse than any other retailer, which is use a placeholder date on their release lists as opposed to "TBD", which at least gives Joe T. Consumer some vague idea (summer, fall, October, Christmastime, whatever) of when the game is due.

It's only a problem if people aren't smart enough to realize that.

-----
    Words to|live by

GameStop is doing nothing worse than any other retailer, which is use a placeholder date on their release lists as opposed to "TBD", which at least gives Joe T. Consumer some vague idea (summer, fall, October, Christmastime, whatever) of when the game is due.

It's only a problem if people aren't smart enough to realize that.
    Well I am in total agreement with you there, I never meant to bash Gamestop I just wanted to point out how miscommunication and misunderstanding can lead or create problems if the people misinterpret the info given.

And I think you'd agree that the supply and/or miscommunication issues that plagued Fire Emblem are considerably less likely to happen with games of this caliber.

-----
    Words to|live by

And I think you'd agree that the supply and/or miscommunication issues that plagued Fire Emblem are considerably less likely to happen with games of this caliber.
    Well of course, I never said it would happen with Pokémon games.
    The only thing I said was that they sell out quickly.

Guys the reason why Gamestop (and other websites) put a placeholder date of 31st October is because they know that the games will be released in 31st October. If you pre-order the game now before any officiual date is revealed, two things will happen:
    -You will recieve the game the day that the game is actually released.
    -You had to wait until 31st October to receie the game. If you want the game o9n release, you hae to cancel the pre-order and pre-order agaion on release day.

Either way, it's a safe bet for the retailer because they make pre-orders the game in a date that the game is supposed to be released. Nothing more.

I think that the anime staff, marketing team, manga staff, TCG developers, know the same thing about the release date that we know. (Well, if next week the full release date is confirmed, the staff of those media will know the datye a fews days prior). And if you wonder about the anime, the anime don't know whent he game will be released exactly. What the anime do is calculate the remaining episodes until the first possible, produce them, produce the first episodes of the new series and air them. The anime will oprobably end the series the last week of Sepotember and if the games are released late in october they make specials to wait like the one in BW.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Guys the reason why Gamestop (and other websites) put a placeholder date of 31st October is because they know that the games will be released in 31st October. If you pre-order the game now before any officiual date is revealed, two things will happen:
    -You will recieve the game the day that the game is actually released.
    -You had to wait until 31st October to receie the game. If you want the game o9n release, you hae to cancel the pre-order and pre-order agaion on release day.
    No, that's not how it works.

The placeholder date is a placeholder date. Nothing more. It is not the actual release date. It's a date sort of near to when the actual release date will be, which we know will be October and which we're pretty sure will be a Sunday in North America, and it looks better and is somewhat more informative on a release list than a simple "TBA". October 31st, 2013 is not a Sunday, and it would be an awful idea to release a product like this on Halloween regardless, when your entire target demographic is out trolling the streets for candy.

The placeholder date has no bearing on when you're allowed to purchase a copy. If you've preordered, a copy will be saved for you, allotted stock allowing, on the release date. It doesn't matter if there was an official release date yet or not at the time you preordered. There is no such thing as "pre-order[ing] agaion on release day."

Please be more judicious in trying not to spread misinformation like this. This is how we get people making poorly-written threads asking HOW DO I PREORDER A GAME WHEN CAN I BUY IT CAN SOMEONE PREORDER IT FOR ME RIGHT HERE IN MY TOWN PLEASE?????!!!!! as the release date approaches.

Either way, it's a safe bet for the retailer because they make pre-orders the game in a date that the game is supposed to be released. Nothing more.
    Which, again, is not how it works.

I think that the anime staff, marketing team, manga staff, TCG developers, know the same thing about the release date that we know. (Well, if next week the full release date is confirmed, the staff of those media will know the datye a fews days prior). And if you wonder about the anime, the anime don't know whent he game will be released exactly. What the anime do is calculate the remaining episodes until the first possible, produce them, produce the first episodes of the new series and air them. The anime will oprobably end the series the last week of Sepotember and if the games are released late in october they make specials to wait like the one in BW.
    No. They know the release date to the extent they need to, and likely have for some time now. The anime production staff almost certainly knows the exact date (for Japan), specifically so that they don't have to guess at anything and can count and schedule their episodes accordingly.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 8th June 2013 at 8:46 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

October 12th will be THE day

So it will be released on a Saturday?
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tf916 View Post
    So it will be released on a Saturday?
    That's what the trailer said!

Page 33 of 178 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast