Page 37 of 178 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Hah, I'll go there too. I didn't know they were also active in Holland. I haven't preordered it...yet. I don't think it'll be that busy anyway, since at my Gamemania there's a Mediamart nearby. Stupid big chains.
    I actually never pre-ordered any of the games so far, but yeah idk thsi time for some reason I did

who did you guys pre order with?

im hoping to do this this weekend but not sure whether I should go with Amazon.co.uk or Game?

I'm going to wait and see if one has a better pre-order bonus (if they have any) but I'd go with Amazon. I've had experiences of them delivering early in the past
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    I'm going to wait and see if one has a better pre-order bonus (if they have any) but I'd go with Amazon. I've had experiences of them delivering early in the past
    I'm so happy that the games are being released on a Saturday. On top of that it'll be Columbus day in the States so I nice three day pokemon marathon!
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Secret Base
    Coming Soon

Preordered with Gamestop but i am having second thoughts about just getting it from the E Shop at Midnight...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

My problem with digital is that freaking Nintendo doesn't work like Steam, imagine my 3DS for some reason breaks? I love everything because the only way to get something from one DS to the other is a system transfer even though the games we have are registered in Nitendo webiste.

I know they are doing so you don't basicly go toa friend 3DS, log your nintendo account and download trhe game for free for your friend but still, they could work some kinda of system.

Ahh that makes sense...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    My problem with digital is that freaking Nintendo doesn't work like Steam, imagine my 3DS for some reason breaks? I love everything because the only way to get something from one DS to the other is a system transfer even though the games we have are registered in Nitendo webiste.

I know they are doing so you don't basicly go toa friend 3DS, log your nintendo account and download trhe game for free for your friend but still, they could work some kinda of system.
    Aren't all games downloaded to the SD card? Can you not just switch the SD card with another 3DS?

I'd also like to know exactly how digital games on 3ds work, then I finally might decide what to do.

I heard that when you lose your 3ds (you probably also use your sd card than too) or break your 3ds you lose your games. But what if your 3ds breaks and your sd card doesn't?

I don't break my consoles easily though so I may just download them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Aren't all games downloaded to the SD card? Can you not just switch the SD card with another 3DS?
    I believe it saves to the console memory some part so you can't do that, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    I'd also like to know exactly how digital games on 3ds work, then I finally might decide what to do.

I heard that when you lose your 3ds (you probably also use your sd card than too) or break your 3ds you lose your games. But what if your 3ds breaks and your sd card doesn't?

I don't break my consoles easily though so I may just download them anyway.
    Well yeah, I'm not 100% sure of it either but I believe the info is saved on the console memory.

I never broke a console either but it can happen, I still have my GBA and GBC, working but accidents happen.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 14th June 2013 at 6:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    who did you guys pre order with?

im hoping to do this this weekend but not sure whether I should go with Amazon.co.uk or Game?
    Well my visa expires just before the release
    So I had to contact amazon and they came up with the solution of buying a gift voucher and using that since they last for a year
    So I'm going with amazon, pre order it tomorrow

Also who has their 3DS
    I went out and got one shortly after the first announcement
    Sold my DSI after that.

October 12th cannot come quick enough,
    maybe 13th for me, let's hope express delivery works well, had a problem with white2 last time
    Last edited by adamfitz; 14th June 2013 at 6:31 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Just wondered if anyone has commented on the fact the games will be multi-regional this time round. Meaning you can play whichever language you want on the one cart.
    Now in the past I have always imported the Japanese version in order to get all the Wifi events that we never get here in the UK. But if we're all going to have the same game this time does that mean we will get access to all the events regardless of country If so I'll be really happy!!! Although I can see them still having it set so you need to play in Japanese to get the event in which case I'll be getting a spare cart just to do events lol.
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Just wondered if anyone has commented on the fact the games will be multi-regional this time round. Meaning you can play whichever language you want on the one cart.
    Now in the past I have always imported the Japanese version in order to get all the Wifi events that we never get here in the UK. But if we're all going to have the same game this time does that mean we will get access to all the events regardless of country If so I'll be really happy!!! Although I can see them still having it set so you need to play in Japanese to get the event in which case I'll be getting a spare cart just to do events lol.
    If its a worldwide release I would imagine the events will be worldwide as well. All at the same time. It depends coz If the events are movie based coz they havent said if the movies are going to be worldwide as well.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

My plan as of now is to get X hopefully on the same day it comes out, and to put Y on my birthday/Christmas wishlist. I am not going to do the downloads. I like hard copies of stuff (except for music. I am weird like that).
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I'm seeing a lot of people speculating when their pre-ordered games will arrive, but isn't it common to get pre-order games a couple of days beforehand? I got my copies of Black & White, Black 2 & White 2, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Platinum before release date.

I'm seeing a lot of people speculating when their pre-ordered games will arrive, but isn't it common to get pre-order games a couple of days beforehand? I got my copies of Black & White, Black 2 & White 2, Heart Gold and Soul Silver and Platinum before release date.
    You have been lucky, I've only once got my pre-ordered game on it's release date (which happened to be Assassin's Creed III).

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Oh really?
    My white2 came almost a week late, I got a refund on the posting
    But I'm not buying from there this time
    I'm going off amazon now
    Whit what did u order yours with?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Oh really?
    I'm going off amazon now
    A national record store which sells games. It only exists here, though.

but isn't it common to get pre-order games a couple of days beforehand?
    Not especially.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not especially.
    I can understand not getting them beforehand, but not getting them release date seems pointless. Isn't the entire point of pre-ordering to be able to play the game as fast as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    My plan as of now is to get X hopefully on the same day it comes out, and to put Y on my birthday/Christmas wishlist. I am not going to do the downloads. I like hard copies of stuff (except for music. I am weird like that).
    I don't think I'll ever be able to eShop anything. I NEED the hard copy in my hands. It's just this thing. Also the box. I love to have a display of all my Pokemon games' boxes. And the booklets that come with the game, oh god when I can't play I read those.

If you spoil the games, I will actually kill you. I will find you. I will go all Liam Neeson on you. I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    If you spoil the games, I will actually kill you. I will find you. I will go all Liam Neeson on you. I swear.
    I'll PM you the details!

But kidding aside, I do find it strange that it isn't usual in other countries to get pre-ordered games beforehand, but perhaps the situation here will change when it is a world-wide release. Previously everything was known when the games were released here, so somebody getting them a few days early didn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Oh really?
    I'm going off amazon now
    Just pre-ordered both Games from Amazon.co.uk tonight got 1st class release day delivery cant wait for October 12th now

I'm buying Y off the eshop in order to get it at midnight and play it right away. And since my 3ds will be newly bought by then, I'll have a warranty.

I'm actually more excited about the games being a worldwide release rather than most features themselves, because I'm incredibly excited to battle you all on the PSS and share the experience without having to worry about being spoiled. So if some people do get the game early and start spoiling, I hope you all will keep calm and simply ignore.

So basically, I'm more excited about sharing the experience with everyone at the same time rather than all the stuff that has been revealed.

I just checked with the company I ordered the games from, and their policy is to ship pre-ordered games 2 days before release date. I live in the city which the company ships from, so naturally I get the games before release date.

Page 37 of 178 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast