Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y: Worldwide Release

I'm pleased that they mentioned Australia specifically, so now I don't have to fret about getting it months after Japan and North America.

It's going to be so weird playing without complete information about all aspects of the game being available online! I guess I'll play relatively unspoiled for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by x0MoMusica0x View Post
    i think that the worldwide release ties in with the fact that some of the places look more realistic? obviously, its more than just a simple coincidence, but only time will tell
    What does that have to do with anything?
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I'm actually quite content with this because this game uses the internet, connecting everyone globally. By the time the games had come out everywhere else, the Japanese versions were already beaten and had to wait to battle anyone competitively from around the world (in different versions).

what we know from the trailer
    legends going in a different direction from the previous sweet
    rollerblading the new bike riding? sounds fun
    there will most likely be a bug type gym
    oh and its all in 3D!!!
    battle set up is different
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

I bet the games come out in Japan early October then a few weeks later ta-da, they're finally released internationally.

Love that it's going to be released worldwide at the same time/within days of the month of October. We'll all be playing it together like one big happy worldwide family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Arcanine View Post
    Love that it's going to be released worldwide at the same time/within days of the month of October. We'll all be playing it together like one big happy worldwide family.
    This. It's the way we should've been from the beginning.

It was the megaton of the whole thing thus really - now I don't have to go on news lock-down after Point X, and can discover the new pokemon for myself as I please. Bring on Version X / Blue Deer / Team Firefox for me!

I wonder if the Korean versions are going to come out in October too, especially since they got B2W2 in November. I doubt it.

They saved me so much money by doing this. I was going to order a JPN 3DS XL and one of the versions.

I've never understood the whole "lol let's spend 8 months translating" thing anyways.

It'll save me from having to buy a Japanese 3DS for awhile.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I have to say this is a rather nice change of pace. As many others have said, I'll finally be legit going through the game blind as opposed to knowing specific things here and there that'll take away from the over all experience. This is going to be one heck of a ride. I'll be getting both versions, but I'm already favoring Y-Version's legendary.
    "These flames bring not suffering, but peace."

After 5 generations, but at least they'll make finally a worldwide release!

I just realized that, with the simultaneous release, no one will have a complete list of all new pokemon before I start playing the English version in the US. That means that I won't have to avoid serebii and can still walk into a new route in October and discover an entirely new pokemon!

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTimmy View Post
    I just realized that, with the simultaneous release, no one will have a complete list of all new pokemon before I start playing the English version in the US. That means that I won't have to avoid serebii and can still walk into a new route in October and discover an entirely new pokemon!
    You forget that Serebii posts pages of Corocoro every time a new game is coming out.

Anyway, I'm glad they're globalizing it this time.

I am so damn happy about this. It never made any sense that it took them so long to localize the games, given that far smaller companies like Atlus USA could localize massive games like Persona 4, complete with voice acting, in the space of a few months tops.

The only disadvantage is that now I HAVE to get a 3DS sometime this year. :P Oh well, at least my birthday's in June!

I think the being 3DS region locked is the reason for the worldwide release.

Anywho, I'm ok with this. So, does this mean the names of Pokemon/Characters and stuff universal, or are there different Japanese/English names?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I think the being 3DS region locked is the reason for the worldwide release.

Anywho, I'm ok with this. So, does this mean the names of Pokemon/Characters and stuff universal, or are there different Japanese/English names?
    in all probs they will have different names, coz the starters seem to have diff names. Just maybe they localize faster. now that tpc does it

Fantastic! I am so glad that people won't have the advantage of playing weeks or months before me simply because they live in another country. Even though for the last few games we got it a few days earlier (one occasion) or a few days later then the USA.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Oh, X and Y! This is gonna be so GREAT!!! I'm probably going chespin, unless the fire type becomes fire/psychic, which seems possible after watching the trailer. I'm playing X! v That deer pokemon looks sooo sick!
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

does anyone think it will be a digital download, or cartridge??

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    does anyone think it will be a digital download, or cartridge?
    They'll definitely have it in retail, obviously. Not sure about digital, though.

So, I'm excited for this for 2 reasons:

1) There's no wait time between Japanese, European, Australian, and American releases. Which is really a good sign of things to come imho.

2) Since after X and Y they'll have the 3D Models already available, the R/S remakes and Z games when they come could also see a simultaneous release world wide and since the model are already there, maybe June-July worldwide release for future game. This is what really has me excited. Wait times are finally becoming a thing of the past.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Simultaneous...

Worldwide...

Release???

F***. YES.

I'm loving this new generation already- mind-bendingly awesome graphics, original and cool, slightly mysterious sounding version names, and the cutest damn Grass starter you ever laid eyes on, and now it's coming out everywhere at the same time?! I defy this generation to blow my mind any more than it already has, and we haven't even seen any of its Poison-types yet!

EDIT: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I wonder how they will deal with the advertisement and that for the games for the months to come. Will sites across the world update whenever Corocoro(And whatever else) comes out, seems like the most logical thing to do, and it would keep with the worldwide thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Worldwide release. Prob want it out quick outside japan to ship christmas 3ds consoles.

Oh and ofc distribution should be easier since digital download will most likely be availble day one.

Page 2 of 178 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast