Thread: Venom Power! [Pokemon Diamond monopoison]

Hybrid View

Default Venom Power! [Pokemon Diamond monopoison]

Any help on my Poison team? It will need to be able to win the Pokemon League AND the battles against a friend, who uses a mono fighting type team.

Note, this is the future plan as I've only beaten the first two gyms. The natures don't really matter to me, I don't want to spend even MORE hours in the great marsh to catch an impish Skorupi. You can suggest items if you want, I didn't put them because I have no clue about what good items you get on the way. I do have a Poison barb already though!

Drapion
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Crunch
    -Cross Poison
    -Earthquake

Crobat
    -Fly
    -Cross Poison
    -Confuse Ray
    -Steel Wing

Roserade
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Leech Seed

Gengar
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

Tentacruel
    -Surf
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Ice beam
    -Giga Drain

Toxicroak
    -Poison Jab
    -Sucker Punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Focus punch/Brick Break
    Last edited by 11wildy; 8th January 2013 at 1:19 PM.

Drapion - Toxic Spikes will not be very useful , so I suggest replacing it with Swords Dance to boost your Attack.

Toxicroak - Bulk Up or Swords Dance will be more efficient than two Fighting STAB's. Also you should replace Poison Jab with Ice Punch.

hmu on xbox !!!!

Alright, I guess I'll spend some time in the Game Corner for Swords dance then. And I went for two stabs on Toxicroak because Drain Punch has low PP. I guess it's better to just use Brick break instead. But how can I get it to learn Ice punch? I thought that was a Platinum tutor move only. I might just go for SubPunch though, which works very well together with Sucker punch.

It is indeed a Platinum Tutor , so SubPunch is viable aswell in this case.

hmu on xbox !!!!

Alright, but another problem arose. I want Sludge bomb on Roserade, Tentacruel and Gengar. But I only have 1 TM! So which Pokemon should get it and what move should the other two get instead ?

well tentacruel learns poison jab by level, which though it's a special attack, tentacruel's base attack is 70 while sp.atk. is 80, so its only a 10 point difference and you didnt mention EV training. As far as Roserade and Gengar, i would try to breed one of them to have sludge bomb as as egg move. Roserade is probably the easier choice as it's in the plant egg group, Take a peek and see which you prefer, and teach gengar Sludge bomb with the TM. That's how i would go about it. unless you've already used a sun stone on roselia..

I've already evolved Roselia to Roserade, and I don't really feel like breeding. So I was thinking about running Hyper Beam or something else on Gengar? Maybe Destiny Bond or Psychic even.

destiny bond, counter, curse, psychic is a decent option to hit fighting and other poison types, energy ball is fairly common, or explosion is nice to ensure a kill once gengar gets low on health.