Thread: Venom Power! [Pokemon Diamond monopoison]

Default Venom Power! [Pokemon Diamond monopoison]

Any help on my Poison team? It will need to be able to win the Pokemon League AND the battles against a friend, who uses a mono fighting type team.

Note, this is the future plan as I've only beaten the first two gyms. The natures don't really matter to me, I don't want to spend even MORE hours in the great marsh to catch an impish Skorupi. You can suggest items if you want, I didn't put them because I have no clue about what good items you get on the way. I do have a Poison barb already though!

Drapion
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Crunch
    -Cross Poison
    -Earthquake

Crobat
    -Fly
    -Cross Poison
    -Confuse Ray
    -Steel Wing

Roserade
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Leech Seed

Gengar
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

Tentacruel
    -Surf
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Ice beam
    -Giga Drain

Toxicroak
    -Poison Jab
    -Sucker Punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Focus punch/Brick Break
    Last edited by 11wildy; 8th January 2013 at 1:19 PM.

Drapion - Toxic Spikes will not be very useful , so I suggest replacing it with Swords Dance to boost your Attack.

Toxicroak - Bulk Up or Swords Dance will be more efficient than two Fighting STAB's. Also you should replace Poison Jab with Ice Punch.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Alright, I guess I'll spend some time in the Game Corner for Swords dance then. And I went for two stabs on Toxicroak because Drain Punch has low PP. I guess it's better to just use Brick break instead. But how can I get it to learn Ice punch? I thought that was a Platinum tutor move only. I might just go for SubPunch though, which works very well together with Sucker punch.

It is indeed a Platinum Tutor , so SubPunch is viable aswell in this case.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Alright, but another problem arose. I want Sludge bomb on Roserade, Tentacruel and Gengar. But I only have 1 TM! So which Pokemon should get it and what move should the other two get instead ?

well tentacruel learns poison jab by level, which though it's a special attack, tentacruel's base attack is 70 while sp.atk. is 80, so its only a 10 point difference and you didnt mention EV training. As far as Roserade and Gengar, i would try to breed one of them to have sludge bomb as as egg move. Roserade is probably the easier choice as it's in the plant egg group, Take a peek and see which you prefer, and teach gengar Sludge bomb with the TM. That's how i would go about it. unless you've already used a sun stone on roselia..

I've already evolved Roselia to Roserade, and I don't really feel like breeding. So I was thinking about running Hyper Beam or something else on Gengar? Maybe Destiny Bond or Psychic even.

destiny bond, counter, curse, psychic is a decent option to hit fighting and other poison types, energy ball is fairly common, or explosion is nice to ensure a kill once gengar gets low on health.