View Poll Results: Which starter will be chosen?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Grass starter: Chespin

    33 22.92%
  • The Fire starter: Fennekin

    26 18.06%
  • The Water starter: Froakie

    38 26.39%
  • Why bother voting? The writers will wuss out and give him all three

    47 32.64%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93

Thread: Which Gen. 6 starter will be chosen? *Possible Spoilers*

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Ash will capture a Chespin, it will probably be the leader of a group of Chespin or it will probably be the silly one and weakest of the group (Chespin is going to evolve all the way). He will either then find a Fennekin that has been mistreated or abused by it's prior trainer and then it will chose to join Ash on his journey. Froakie well, IDK about this little guy. He can either be the Piplup/Oshawott/Totodile of the region, or...... This will be the only starter captured by Ash and it will be his first fully evolved water type starter.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 6th February 2013 at 8:54 AM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    What I Want to Happen: They'll surprise us and not give him any.

    The female companion will get one, his rival will get the other, and a third recurring character will showcase the last.
    That's even worse favoritism.

    So An00bis in your what you want. What starter Pokémon do you feel needs to horribly be screwed over, because it's relegated to a recurring character we may only see once every 15 episodes. The starters will be on the main cast, because that's THE only way feasible to show them off "fairly and equally" not that's happening.
    ---------------

    Can I choose the last biased poll option without coming off as a whiny whiner. Seriously "the writers are going to wuss out and give him all three" yeah that's really what I want to be associated with. A whiner.

    I want all three, because I love the personalities I gave to Ash's hypothetical Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. I liked them and I liked to see them under Ash.

    BUT I can live without Chespin. So I choose female Fennekin and Froakie.

    Let Ash take a break from the grass starters, I want to see him with a non grass starter and use it during the region for once. And no Leavanny doesn't count, unless you plan on ignoring Snivy through the whole argument which is WRONG. I'm talking something like Torkoal, Corphish, Buizel. I'm not talking about Kingler, Lapras, Palpitoad, and Leavanny.
    --------------------

    But there's nothing I can do, I'm forced to watch Pokémon anime where Ash only has a Chespin. Yeah, as if that's really the best starter for him. As if Buizel and Oshawott animals weren't enough. Let's give him a grass variant, and then maybe a fire variant as well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Can I choose the last biased poll option without coming off as a whiny whiner. Seriously "the writers are going to wuss out and give him all three" yeah that's really what I want to be associated with. A whiner.
    Sure, go ahread. It's not like the poll has many options anyway.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    See here's why I want Ash with all three:

    Chespin (Male): Chespin looks like a Pokémon that if Ash was going to catch, Ash would stumble upon weird looking trees (don't know why but just for scenario sake), and then a Chespin would appear and seem to be doing something important. Chespin would have a very friendly and bubbly personality, and would happily greet "Ash" even though Ash is a complete stranger. Cue, catching the thing. Chespin after being capture, is a bubbly Pokémon who is very friendly, trying to meet and greet everyone, as well as seems to always have something to do. Ash would rely on Chespin for when things get messy, and Chespin would be the go-to Pokémon for fixing problems, but from a happy grateful perspective. Chespin would be a fairly good fighter, always finding ways to use innovative strategies to win, even if Ash isn't expecting them. I liken Ash's Chespin as a friendly-bubbly-busy-inventor type.

    Fennekin (Female)- I really don't want Fennekin to be a fire type that's in trouble or was abused, or abandoned but that'll likely happen. I can't think of the capture method, but I can see Ash taking a real liking to Fennekin, perhaps even an Oshawott similarity, where Ash focuses on Fennekin and Fennekin wants to be with him, however that may or may not interfere with my idea of her personality. Anyway I see Fennekin as lazy, do it herself type Pokémon. She'll be seen curled up and resting whenever she's out of her Poke ball. She'll only (initially) put half-a-heart into battling, but respects Ash enough that she won't straight up disobey him if he wants to use her. That said, Fennekin's personality takes a major shift change when she is attacked or is hurt in some fashion. In this case Fennekin will become vicious and will battle to the bitter end. I could potentially see lot of storylines stemming from this. In general if Fennekin puts her heart into it, she can battle really decently. Personally I can't wait for Fennekin's evolutions, but of all the starters, I'm fine if she doesn't evolve.

    Froakie- Of all of Ash's hypothetical starters, I want Froakie to be the most determined, badass Pokémon but in the beginning disappoints. I want Froakie to be a straight up battler, like battling, and enjoys doing it. But initially for comic relief, being a battler doesn't always mean your good at it. So while Ash works on Froakie's strength, maybe with the occasional "odd" win here and there, nearly every opponent it goes up against is "much" bigger than it, and it fights it's hard out, only for the opponent to hit it once, and cause Froakie to slam into a solid object, and nearly knocked out. Then eventually it can improve over time, and who knows maybe it can evolve as well.
    -------------

    Granted that won't happen exactly, but I'd love it if it did happen like that and I would extremely grateful.

    Also if need be, if Fennekin does evolve into a psychic type or is one "herself" then I guess some of that can be incorporated into her character. Maybe by saving Ash from danger or something.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    It won't happen but I would love it if Ash got no starters at all and this would be the best region he did well in with a team of Pokemon types he normally doesn't use. That would really be different. It would be even better if they abolished the "Ash must have a generic fire/grass/water types on his team" rule but that's to creative for the writers to even consider full time.

    I hope they go the AG route. I hate seeing all three starters with Ash. At this point I hate seeing any starter with Ash if only because he has multiple grass, fire, and water types rotting away at Oaks lab already and it's getting insane, and people complain about to many main girls on the cast. If I had to give him one it would be Chespin. Simply because it's my least fave designed one. Hope the girl and the other character get Froakie and Fennekin. Being purely bias
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    It won't happen but I would love it if Ash got no starters at all and this would be the best region he did well in with a team of Pokemon types he normally doesn't use. That would really be different. It would be even better if they abolished the "Ash must have a generic fire/grass/water types on his team" rule but that's to creative for the writers to even consider full time.

    I hope they go the AG route. I hate seeing all three starters with Ash. At this point I hate seeing any starter with Ash if only because he has multiple grass, fire, and water types rotting away at Oaks lab already and it's getting insane, and people complain about to many main girls on the cast. If I had to give him one it would be Chespin. Simply because it's my least fave designed one. Hope the girl and the other character get Froakie and Fennekin. Being purely bias
    yeah your right, that's what the anime needs to send as a message.

    The starters suck so badly Ash isn't using any of them. Instead he's choosing the "cooler" Pokémon who aren't starters.

    Yeah I don't see that happening with Ash being the FACE of the anime.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    He usually gets the grass-type first, the water-type second and the fire-type last.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    He usually gets the grass-type first, the water-type second and the fire-type last.
    Nah. It's usually Grass first, Fire second, and Water last. In Unova, however, It was Water first, Fire second, and Grass third. If he gets only one or two starters, it is normally the grass one that is obtained first.

    Personally, I would want the Fire starter to have a tragic past just so one of the other starters can call him/her out about how their tragic past is never grounds for special treatment and how compared to the past of a certain other Pokemon (the grass or water starter), they went through heaven (I was kind of expecting Snivy to have this sort of talk with Tepig/Pignite).
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    What starter Pokémon do you feel needs to horribly be screwed over, because it's relegated to a recurring character we may only see once every 15 episodes
    Arguably, whichever Starter the Female Companion will get will have either comparable (Torchic to Treeko) or more (Piplup to either of Ash's) screen time to Ash's Pokemon. Ash usually has the biggest Team so he has to spread his screen time out among a whole team of Pokemon. The Female usually has a smaller Team then Ash's in comparison so whatever she has we should be seeing more of.

    As far as the third Starter goes ... since Kanto we've always had one that's gotten the short end of the stick. I don't think it'd matter where it goes. Whether it's with Ash or someone else it's going to be screwed over.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,306

    Default

    I believe the water one. No real reason.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Arguably, whichever Starter the Female Companion will get will have either comparable (Torchic to Treeko) or more (Piplup to either of Ash's) screen time to Ash's Pokemon. Ash usually has the biggest Team so he has to spread his screen time out among a whole team of Pokemon. The Female usually has a smaller Team then Ash's in comparison so whatever she has we should be seeing more of.

    As far as the third Starter goes ... since Kanto we've always had one that's gotten the short end of the stick. I don't think it'd matter where it goes. Whether it's with Ash or someone else it's going to be screwed over.
    I'm only referring to the one you're deciding needs to go with a recurring character and only relegated to said recurring character, which we'll see even less than Ash's Unova starters we see now.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    13,766

    Default

    Hopefully teh froggy since he is actually unique and not made for 7 year old girls.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    I'm hoping Ash gets Froakie. And only Froakie. Ash needs a fully evolved Water-type starter.

    If Cilan stays, give him Chespin since they look alike. Then give the new girl Fennekin

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    @ Terminus w/Daryl
    Posts
    41,630

    Default

    Ash should get the Queen of the Foxes, Fennekin. It's about time he caught a graceful Pokemon. Froakie and Chespin just won't cut it I'm afraid.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    534

    Default

    umm maybe he will get chespin or fennekin
    i think the writer wont give froakie cause ash already have frog like pokemon
    but that my oppinion
    what i want ash get froakie and only froakie so he can evo it to final stage
    his rival got chespin
    and girl got fennekin
    i dont want ash get three of them or two of them cause just one of them who got evolve or if some starter evo to his final stage , the other got pity treatment aka infernape & torterra
    i love how they handle Hoenn saga
    Last edited by k6666; 10th January 2013 at 8:22 AM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,806

    Default

    I say we wait till we see thier evo's and potential type combos they or thier evo's could have (since sure we know thier grass, water and fire, but they could be dual typed by the time they hit thier final forms and we don't know yet ) before jumping the gun.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    yeah your right, that's what the anime needs to send as a message.

    The starters suck so badly Ash isn't using any of them. Instead he's choosing the "cooler" Pokémon who aren't starters.

    Yeah I don't see that happening with Ash being the FACE of the anime.
    The Torchic line and Piplup didn't suck just because Ash didn't get them. Piplup got more focus and screentime then either Squirtle or Totodile that belonged to Ash. Torchic was much better handled then Ash's Cyndaquil in Johto. To this day I think May's Blaziken is still a better Pokemon then his Quilava, not because of the species, but because of the focus on May's team it got. So I don't get where you're getting this "If Ash doesn't have a starter it sucks" thing from. If it's done right anyone can promote a starter on the anime, not just Ash. Ash might be the face of the anime, but he's not the only one marketing the generations of the series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Knowing the writers they might have him get all three again. I rather he get the fire fox because I definetly see it being the fiesty female of his group. Lord please, don't get the grass and aweful frog looking one!

    My ideal battle ever!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,648

    Default

    I'm only referring to the one you're deciding needs to go with a recurring character and only relegated to said recurring character, which we'll see even less than Ash's Unova starters we see now.
    Chimchar got a fair amount of screen time under Paul.
    Ash didn't own a Piplup, but that line was thoroughly showcased.
    May's Torchic got a decent amount of screen time for a non-walking Pokemon.

    Overall I think the only lines that were absolutely lacking in appearances were Totodile's. It seems like we've seen enough of the others not to miss them.

    You seem to be under the impression that a Starter absolutely must go to Ash to have any significant amount of screentime. As history has shown us that's simply not the case. That works both ways, too. Even if Ash catches a particular Starter it's no promise that they'll amount to anything, let alone get screen time.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Chimchar got a fair amount of screen time under Paul.
    Ash didn't own a Piplup, but that line was thoroughly showcased.
    May's Torchic got a decent amount of screen time for a non-walking Pokemon.

    Overall I think the only lines that were absolutely lacking in appearances were Totodile's. It seems like we've seen enough of the others not to miss them.

    You seem to be under the impression that a Starter absolutely must go to Ash to have any significant amount of screentime. As history has shown us that's simply not the case. That works both ways, too. Even if Ash catches a particular Starter it's no promise that they'll amount to anything, let alone get screen time.
    Recurring Character- A character who shows up every once in awhile in the anime.

    Main Character- A character who shows up in nearly every episode of particular series.

    Iris and Cilan do not qualify as recurring characters.

    And you did not so much as imply that when you said one would go to Ash's travelling companion and the other to Ash's travelling companion, both being main characters of the series.

    I disagree with travelling companions for their own reason.

    But again for the purposes of THIS argument, we're talking about the final starter being relegated into a recurring character. Someone like Paul, Barry, Conway, Trip, Bianca, etc, etc.

    That starter no matter what you believe will be screwed over in some fashion more so than if it was on the main cast (Ash or his travelling companions).

    The writers would never do that, just like the writers would never decide to not give Ash a starter for pretty much the same reason.

    Ash is supposed to represent the player of the games the most. It doesn't make sense for Ash not to have a starter BECAUSE you are forced to choose a starter in the games, what YOU do after it is your business, but Ash is going to get one starter.

    The reason why Ash sometimes gets a lot of starters is because while Ash represents the player character, it would be wrong to set one starter over the other. Now that obviously happens later on, but after everything settles in.

    For example, in Hoenn, when I chose Ruby, I chose Blaziken, probably because of Harrison's, and it was the most focused starter, and it looked really cool (even if I had the most stupid reason to dislike 3rd gen when I found out about it).

    Then comes the anime (when I was able to watch it again), and what did Ash have, he had Treecko.

    I never really focused on the Treecko line, until I saw Ash's Treecko/Grovyle, it clearly was better than the Blaziken line. There were other reasons why I liked Sceptile over Blaziken, Better design, and just much more badass.

    So it was initial hype that caused me to choose Blaziken, but it was focusing on Sceptile through Ash's Treecko/Grovyle, and other reasons, that I really began to like it. May's Torchic/Combusken was treated well, but not in the same way as Ash.

    For someone who likes Pokémon for it's battles, primarily, it's clear why I prefer Sceptile over Blaziken. Blaziken may be a fighter, but Ash's "Grovyle/Sceptile" is BEAST in comparison.

    That's primarily why I disagree with anyone other than Ash having all starters. Because one of the starters just gets screwed over, EVEN if Ash has them, they still get screwed over.

    But at least Ash actually uses his Pokémon moreso than any of the other characters. Took May forever before she used Torchic (like evolution), and while Piplup was "overused" it's not changing my opinion on Prinplup/Empoleon.

    And no matter how screwed over Torterra was, I still think it's cool that Ash got a freaking giant land mass Tortoise, which is his current biggest starter Pokémon, and probably equal in size to his Snorlax (if not slightly smaller than Snorlax).

    I just think I have higher opinions of starters if they go to Ash. Which is why I dislike other people having them, and only them.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    What a huge surprise. Chespin, Froakie, and the all 3 option are tied for 1st in the poll. Why the lack of love for Fennekin? Just wondering.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    What a huge surprise. Chespin, Froakie, and the all 3 option are tied for 1st in the poll. Why the lack of love for Fennekin? Just wondering.
    Because they apparently don't want Ash with an atypical Pokémon.

    And those same people complain, that Ash remains stale, by having the same type of Pokémon, and yet are perfectly Okay with Ash getting a Chespin.

    *sigh*
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Because they apparently don't want Ash with an atypical Pokémon.

    And those same people complain, that Ash remains stale, by having the same type of Pokémon, and yet are perfectly Okay with Ash getting a Chespin.

    *sigh*
    People are going complain regardless of what starter(s) the lazy writers give Ash.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

    "It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell


    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Because they apparently don't want Ash with an atypical Pokémon.

    And those same people complain, that Ash remains stale, by having the same type of Pokémon, and yet are perfectly Okay with Ash getting a Chespin.

    *sigh*
    How is Fennekin typical? It is the cutest and most coolest looking pokemon in the bunch. I'm tired of Ash getting one of the worse or all of the starters while the girl or someone else gets the cooler one that ialways seem to like.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    How is Fennekin typical? It is the cutest and most coolest looking pokemon in the bunch. I'm tired of Ash getting one of the worse or all of the starters while the girl or someone else gets the cooler one that ialways seem to like.
    I said atypical as in irregular, abnormal, etc, etc, etc.

    A lot of people don't want Ash with a Fennekin but they choose Chespin (a very typical Pokémon, grass starter, semi resembles Oshawott) and or Froakie (aka NOT Fennekin nor Chespin).

    Giving Ash Fennekin over the other starters would be more unique. Since Ash doesn't have a fox like Pokémon.

    But he has a "rodent" Pokémon and he has a frog/toad Pokémon.

    I still want Ash with all three. I just prefer Fennekin, and Froakie.

    But if I was forced to choose one, I'd want a female Fennekin.

    I mean I like the idea of Ash and Froakie, BUT not if it means sacrificing Fennekin.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •