View Poll Results: Which starter will be chosen?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Grass starter: Chespin

33 22.92%
  • The Fire starter: Fennekin

26 18.06%
  • The Water starter: Froakie

38 26.39%
  • Why bother voting? The writers will wuss out and give him all three

47 32.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Gen. 6 starter will be chosen? *Possible Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I said atypical as in irregular, abnormal, etc, etc, etc.

A lot of people don't want Ash with a Fennekin but they choose Chespin (a very typical Pokémon, grass starter, semi resembles Oshawott) and or Froakie (aka NOT Fennekin nor Chespin).

Giving Ash Fennekin over the other starters would be more unique. Since Ash doesn't have a fox like Pokémon.

But he has a "rodent" Pokémon and he has a frog/toad Pokémon.

I still want Ash with all three. I just prefer Fennekin, and Froakie.

But if I was forced to choose one, I'd want a female Fennekin.

I mean I like the idea of Ash and Froakie, BUT not if it means sacrificing Fennekin.
    Ash getting all three would mean some that would get shafted again verses some others. And I don't want to see that again.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Ash getting all three would mean some that would get shafted again verses some others. And I don't want to see that again.
    And there's no guarantee that if they are split up, that they're going to be treated equally or fairly.

Like Brock's Mudkip/Marshtomp.

Edit: At least if they are with Ash, they are guaranteed to get battles.

2nd Edit: Besides none of the 6th gen starters look superior to the other one.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

And there's no guarantee that if they are split up, that they're going to be treated equally or fairly.

Like Brock's Mudkip/Marshtomp.

Edit: At least if they are with Ash, they are guaranteed to get battles.

2nd Edit: Besides none of the 6th gen starters look superior to the other one.
    I'm talking about Ash here, not just the pokemon in general.

In Kanto, all three were pretty much treated fairly as far as battles goes. Charizard is still being made the king over all of them even now due to evolution. So just like Infernape and Pignite, the other starters, reserves and other pokemon are pretty much out the door in equal development. Knowing the writers, they might not have but only one pokemon evolve in his group again, making his team unbalanced and unbearable to watch. This is why all three would be a bad idea again. But it's all about advertisement, so it doesn't matter what I think anyway.

My ideal battle ever!

Fennekin for now, I really want to see their final evolutions before being sure though!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    You also don't want to see another picnic scene starring Pikachu, the three starters, and the baby Pokemon while all the other Pokemon outside of the Pokemon that the companion keeps out all the time stay in their Poke Balls.

I just think I have higher opinions of starters if they go to Ash. Which is why I dislike other people having them, and only them.
    You know, that's all you really had to say. If you have a bias then you have a bias.

I just want the writers to try something different.

I'd hate to say it but I think that for Ash they would most likely give him either Chespin or Froakie. Then they could give the new female character Fennekin.

Ash will get Chespin. It just looks like it would fit you know.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

My guess would be Froaxie for Ash
    I think Fennekin will be the Female Trainer's
    and Chespin for the new character or another female traveler if the anime cast is more than 3 or 4!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

How about this, Ash gets all three.

Some female companion gets a Fennekin, and other travelling companion has either Froakie/Chespin.

Sounds good to me.

Then Ash's starters can fully evolve, while the traveling companions Pokémon don't evolve.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I think they'll likely give him the grass starter again but I went out on a limb and would like to see him with Froakie. (Voted Froakie)
    I'd be a little bummed if he got all three, and as people have said, only had one evolve. But if he got all three I'd say Fennekin would be the last one he'ed catch.

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

How about this, Ash gets all three.

Some female companion gets a Fennekin, and other travelling companion has either Froakie/Chespin.

Sounds good to me.

Then Ash's starters can fully evolve, while the traveling companions Pokémon don't evolve.
    If PokeFrance follows the AG formula, they'll probably have Fennekin be the received starter so that they can fill the "cool and relaxed Pokemon" role.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    You also don't want to see another picnic scene starring Pikachu, the three starters, and the baby Pokemon while all the other Pokemon outside of the Pokemon that the companion keeps out all the time stay in their Poke Balls.
    Better than starting an episode getting lost in a forest somewhere or team rocket chasing after them for no reason.

My ideal battle ever!

Don't forget that in unova oshoawott followed ash. So they will probably have feoakie following ash or he will get it first. You can just tell that gf likes it best.

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

I feel that if Ash gets all 3 starters just for himself then they may not all get the development that each one should get. Just look at the BW saga, it seemed the developers favored one over the other and ignored the other two. That way if Ash only has one starter he will have more room to advertise some of the other new Pokemon from Gen VI.

For this new saga I think that either Chespin or Froakie would fit Ash the best. He should get only one and then the new female character could get Fennekin. That way they could all get the proper development they need and hopefully evolve.

I'd say Fennekin at the moment. But, it's because I want it to happen. But, I think he might get Chespin or Froakie instead,

Quote Originally Posted by epicjirachifan View Post
    Don't forget that in unova oshoawott followed ash. So they will probably have feoakie following ash or he will get it first. You can just tell that gf likes it best.
    But, then it would be exactly like Oshawott. But, now that I think about it. Aipom did follow Ash as well, but it was already his at the moment.

I would prefer to see Ash not get all three of the 6th gen starters. He should get the grass-type, and the other two should go to other characters. Maybe his male traveling companion can get one, and his female traveling companion can get the other two, so Ash can have different pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    But, then it would be exactly like Oshawott. But, now that I think about it. Aipom did follow Ash as well, but it was already his at the moment.
    Not yet, Ash didn't capture Aipom until a little later. There were other pokemon Ash caught after they followed him such as Squirtle, Heracross, Gliscor, Gible, and Krokodile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Not yet, Ash didn't capture Aipom until a little later. There were other pokemon Ash caught after they followed him such as Squirtle, Heracross, Gliscor, Gible, and Krokodile.
    I was talking about following him to Sinnoh.

I really don't want Ash to get a Froakie just because Ash doesn't have a fully evolved water Starter.
    Writer had their chance in this saga but they blow it .
    Not to mention , Ash can have much better frog if Palpitoad evolve.
    I prefer Fennekin .
    Because Ash doesn't have any Fox or a dog like Pokemon.
    I'm starving to see Ash with a Fox-like and a cat-like Pokemon .
    Specially if they evolve into something like Arcanine.
    Plus , Rumor is that Fennekin is a Fire/Psychic Type !
    Which makes it even more perfect .

Fennekin is definitely more marketable then other Starter.
    So , Its better if Ash has it.
    I asked other Kids and they also chose Fenniekin.
    They didn't like Froakie at all .
    They said that Froakie look's too stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Fennekin is definitely more marketable then other Starter.
    So , Its better if Ash has it.
    I asked other Kids and they also chose Fenniekin.
    They didn't like Froakie at all .
    They said that Froakie look's too stupid.
    You'll never know what'll happen, double poster. To be honest, I guess if any starter were to be chosen, then it probably would be Chespin. Fennekin does seem more marketable, yes, but maybe the writers will try to take a different route with this series. As much as I would like Froakie as Ash's water starter that actually evolves, I think Chespin deserves some more love.

Well, once we get more information on this Generation, then we can speculate what Ash's final team might be. Until then guys!

I believe he's going to have all three of them... Although - Froakie will be the first water powerhouse this time around as a fully evolved third stage pokemon!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Yeah.. I'm going with all three just as he always has, which is rather annoying, but hey ho
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

For Once , I want Ash to have All 3 FULLY EVOLVE Starter Pokemon.
    For Once , I want Ash to one fully evolve Starter Pokemon by the time of 4th or 5th Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    For Once , I want Ash to have All 3 FULLY EVOLVE Starter Pokemon.
    For Once , I want Ash to one fully evolve Starter Pokemon by the time of 4th or 5th Gym.
    I'd love if they both happened, but it seems too shaky to happen. The closest of what we got to that was Sinnoh and he only had two.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast