Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish Pokemon Adventures could become an animated series.

Default I wish Pokemon Adventures could become an animated series.

I'm sad. Why can't this series be adapted differently. Pokemon Adventures is such a great series. Pokemon The Origins isn't very great. Why couldn't had Nintendo have adapted Pokemon Adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollGuy09 View Post
    I'm sad.
    Sorry to hear that.

Pokemon Adventures is such a great series.
    Sure is.

Pokemon The Origins isn't very great.
    Not true at all.

Why couldn't had Nintendo have adapted Pokemon Adventures?
    Nintendo warrants no mention here, and beyond that, because it isn't that simple, on a number of levels.

You do get this, though--

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-into-an-Anime

--an entire thread where people prattled over this very same topic endlessly. Just imagine some of the date stamps are different and you get everything this thread would have become.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Not true at all.
    That is all matter of opinion.

Though I think at one point we all wanted Pokemon Special to be anime at one point or not. It a bit of a complicated than we all than think or perhaps it is all too simple.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Though I think at one point we all wanted Pokemon Special to be anime at one point or not. It a bit of a complicated than we all than think or perhaps it is all too simple.
    A little bit of both. First of all, if they decided to adapt any one manga series to anime, they would risk fracturing the fanbase because their favorite series didn't get adapted. Second, while there are a lot of PokeSpe (or Pocket Monsters, ReBURST, etc) fans, there's not enough to bring in the viewership to make the high costs of animation production economical. Had they adapted PS or PM at the start of the franchise instead of making the anime that we have now, things might have worked out.

The ONLY, and I mean one-in-a-billion, chance that we'd see anything from any Pokemon franchise manga adapted to anime would be an OVA of one of the short-running series.

Finally, everybody keeps saying that they want to see PokeSpe adapted into an animated series. Would this story really work as a traditional anime series? For some reason, I just can't see it making a perfect transition from the paper to the screen.

TL:DR; Not worth pissing off the fans, not worth the money, and there's the risk of "Adaptation Decay". It hasn't happened, it's not going to happen, and it's probably for the best.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 21st November 2013 at 3:36 AM. Reason: Bad smilies. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Your almost there but not quit. I agree with most of your post either way. You say would PokeSpe work as animated series? You could say the same about any manga. PokeSpe was made a manga first and foremost so ofcourse in doing an anime adaptation the transition would be a little rocky. If we were going to be an anime of, it will be up to the staff to make the transition what its supposed to be. You may of the do certain things with the material but y'know they are producing anime not a manga. There will always be fans who may not be okay with the adaptation if it were to made but that is the way it cookie crumbles.

Also it highly unlikely that an adaptation of any Pokemon manga will ever be made. This is due to the fact that really already have a very successful long running anime of the games. While it is far perfect, whatever there formula is its working. There is no incentive to do anything else. Sure we have Pokemon Origins and be even then that was like a once every blue moon sort of deal. Even then it wasn't a adaptation of any manga but it was of the original games. They didn't even have to make it since they already have the XY anime to promote the newest games.

Maybe wait until the end of Pokémon games, we have a chance to get it animated....... lol

Finally, everybody keeps saying that they want to see PokeSpe adapted into an animated series. Would this story really work as a traditional anime series? For some reason, I just can't see it making a perfect transition from the paper to the screen.
    I don't see why not. If you mean length, no it wouldn't work as a long-running because you would run out of source material too fast, but there are lots of anime aired in increments of 12/13 or 26, so it wouldn't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecircuit View Post
    I don't see why not. If you mean length, no it wouldn't work as a long-running because you would run out of source material too fast, but there are lots of anime aired in increments of 12/13 or 26, so it wouldn't be too bad.
    This is a 48 going on 49 volume manga.

How on earth could it not work as a long-runner?

The first arc alone could last a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

This means that we will get a lot of original rounds (if it comes true) XD

And this is the best summary of why I don't think PokeSpe would work as an anime. The continuity is tightly wound together, enough to the point that you can't really start an adaptation outside of anywhere but the beginning. And lolipiece is completely right, the first arc would be a year's worth of material. Each arc is pretty much a year's worth of material (okay, FRLG and Emerald could be lumped together into one season and HGSS or B2W2 would probably be more OVA or movie material).

Here's a scenario for y'all: if they started airing the anime in January 2014 and stuck to such a schedule with reasonable pacing, we would probably be well into Gen VII by the time they got to the XY arc. That's why it wouldn't work. They would either have to compress the hell out of the existing mythos or constantly play catch-up until Gen VIII or Gen IX. Or worse, it's PokeSpe in name only (and maybe have the same Dexholders), but have an original plot that goes completely off of the rails in order to tell a story in less time.

Well the first 3 generations are tightly intertwined. Starting from gen 4 the storylines are more or less seperate so they can just air the gen 4-6 manga as it's own anime without too much fuss about continuity.

No change from one medium to another goes smoothly. The quality always seem to change. There are plenty of examples.
    A great book can become a craptastic movie. A great movie can become a horribly boring book. And a horrible book can become a great movie (apparently).
    In all likelihood, if Pokemon Special became animated, there will be changes made, scenes dropped/added, etc, and it'll end up quite different. So why ruin a good thing? It's best to just leave things as is.

Yes, one can wish or hope. You can wish that Pokemon Special became animated without losing any quality. Well, I wish the Azure Flute event was given away. And I hope the Void in Platinum actually goes somewhere other than one Mystery Zone. But alas...
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

Actually, Gen IV is rammed in there somewhat. Unless they happened to completely gut Sird's role in the DP chapter. For now, Gen V would be a great place to make a clean break if the volume cut of B2W2 doesn't dive into the PWT and keeps Looker's presence as the only logical connection with the previous generations.

However, I would be very surprised if the Gen V part of PokeSpe ends in the volumes without embedding itself deep into the overall story that makes up Kusaka's little world.

Obviously its way too late to start from the beginning now, its gone on too long for that, but man if they'd have done it from the beginning, it'd be suuuch a good anime

And this is the best summary of why I don't think PokeSpe would work as an anime. The continuity is tightly wound together, enough to the point that you can't really start an adaptation outside of anywhere but the beginning. And lolipiece is completely right, the first arc would be a year's worth of material. Each arc is pretty much a year's worth of material (okay, FRLG and Emerald could be lumped together into one season and HGSS or B2W2 would probably be more OVA or movie material).

Here's a scenario for y'all: if they started airing the anime in January 2014 and stuck to such a schedule with reasonable pacing, we would probably be well into Gen VII by the time they got to the XY arc. That's why it wouldn't work. They would either have to compress the hell out of the existing mythos or constantly play catch-up until Gen VIII or Gen IX. Or worse, it's PokeSpe in name only (and maybe have the same Dexholders), but have an original plot that goes completely off of the rails in order to tell a story in less time.
    Are saying Pokespe couldn't work as a anime because it is a manga and the formats are different or just saying that it wouldn't work as anime because it already to far gone. Both are issure that the staff would have to juggle. Each arcs is at least worth an entire season of a regular anime by itself. lolipiece is right and that it could only work as a longrunner. Though I think Pokespe could work as a anime just as well as any other manga. It is bit too late now for something like that happen though.

Are saying Pokespe couldn't work as a anime because it is a manga and the formats are different or just saying that it wouldn't work as anime because it already to far gone.
    More the latter than the former. The first problem would always be there, but many manga-to-anime adaptations have danced around the issue easily.

Obviously its way too late to start from the beginning now, its gone on too long for that, but man if they'd have done it from the beginning, it'd be suuuch a good anime
    This is my exact point. If they chose to use PokeSpe as a base for the anime instead of coming up with their own original idea, the end product would have been light-years past what we have now in terms of quality.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d882c98f...5jbo4_1280.jpg

this says the special is slated for its own anime in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Think about it though.

It's completely implausible to do 3 volumes in 52 episodes.

Even Dragon Ball Z, (which is often called Drag-ON Ball Z because of the extreme amounts of filler, especially in the beginning of the series) managed to do 4 volumes in 35 episodes, with the dozen or so pointless episodes just used to buy time.

The first arc at the same pace of the manga would probably be somewhere between 13-25, and 25's kind of pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post

Don't get your hopes up too much yet, for Pokemon Special to be getting an anime there'd probably be a big announcement/fan frenzy and I've yet to see something.
    Last edited by Firecircuit; 7th December 2013 at 8:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post

...That's fake. And it keeps being brought up with people falling for it.

sad to say that its been one of my favorite mangas, yeah i wish i can see it animated

...That's fake. And it keeps being brought up with people falling for it.
    People falling for that is sad. That image doesn't look anything like any art that would be used in relation to PokeSpe.

(And a special "**** you" to the image maker because of the fake Durarara!! Season 2 part. )

Ah yes, the famous Pokemon Adventures animated series thread. I missed this one. I can understand why fans of Adventures/Special want a anime. I personally would prefer it stay a manga. My biggest concern would be the VA's and that they'd resemble their anime counterparts which would be a nightmare, especially if Red sounded like...*shudders* childish reason I know.

I also just prefer reading as to watching TV. Not to mention many of Pokemon Adventures battles are one hit ko's all around. Not exactly thrilling to watch on TV but it's fine in a manga. There are some good things I could see from a animated series of Adventures, like it could maybe boost the sales of the Adventures manga. I don't really know much about marketing so correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind a OVA of Adventures. But overall I prefer it stay a manga, but a animated series I admit, would interest me just to see what it would be like.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I can't imagine that Pokemon Special would get an anime, primarily because a lot of the characters have Pokemon that use moves like Earthquake (which were explicitly banned from the other anime due to Japan having significant earthquakes) and the fact that one of Green's main Pokemon is a Porygon.

Among other things.

This is Turtwig. He was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I would love some sort of Special anime, even if it was only an OVA. I also think the series could adapt pretty well into an anime. The 50th volume milestone and the success of Origins would make for a good excuse to try something with the series too, but I doubt we'll ever get anything. (since we've already gone so long without one) Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin2099 View Post
    I can't imagine that Pokemon Special would get an anime, primarily because a lot of the characters have Pokemon that use moves like Earthquake (which were explicitly banned from the other anime due to Japan having significant earthquakes) and the fact that one of Green's main Pokemon is a Porygon.
    Well, if they decided to adapt the latest arc rather than from the beginning Porygon wouldn't be a problem. And for the Earthquake thing, they could just swap it out for another move. I'm sure there would be some manga-to-anime changes anyway if it happened.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Ya think? I'm sooooooo bored of the regular anime, but it's still fun to watch. (If you consider this next sentence advertising I am extremely sorry for doing so, because the story is based off MY real story) I'd read the story I'm writing over and over again while listening to Linkin Park's The Catalyst over and over again over the anime. No offence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast