Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

It would be cool if X and Y were like agents working for the professor to take down the evil team and those were their code names

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    It would be cool if X and Y were like agents working for the professor to take down the evil team and those were their code names
    That wouldn't happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    That wouldn't happen..
    Just like the DP heroine becoming a rich girl and the DP hero and rival becoming comedians. Oh wait...

Trust me, in Pokemon Special, ANYTHING can happen.
    Last edited by matt0044; 9th January 2013 at 12:33 PM.

The secret agent in france thing sounds cool actually. PokeSpecial hasn't really done that angle fully yet. Be cool if they did. I'm just wondering the lenght of BW2 now. BW2 in general still feels kind of new to me, heck I still don't have the games, and now XY is stealing the Pokemon spotlight. Not that I mind, this is the most excited I've been for Pokemon since Gen 4. I know PokeSpecial won't disappoint me. The main story chapters never have. Can't say the same for all the remake and sister arcs, but the main storys are always good for me so I'll look forward to it. This would be the 12 Chapter right? Unless BW2 is still the 10 chapter.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The secret agent in france thing sounds cool actually. PokeSpecial hasn't really done that angle fully yet. Be cool if they did. I'm just wondering the lenght of BW2 now. BW2 in general still feels kind of new to me, heck I still don't have the games, and now XY is stealing the Pokemon spotlight. Not that I mind, this is the most excited I've been for Pokemon since Gen 4. I know PokeSpecial won't disappoint me. The main story chapters never have. Can't say the same for all the remake and sister arcs, but the main storys are always good for me so I'll look forward to it. This would be the 12 Chapter right? Unless BW2 is still the 10 chapter.
    Well, X and Y aren't coming until October which is quite a while.

I wonder how Viz will do the XY manga. If they do a repeat of BW, they'll have RS, DP, HGSS, BW, and XY all being published at the same time. That is, honestly, a bit of a mess.

My OCD wishes that Viz would have stayed faithful to the Japanese numbering, but a 43+ volume series is a bit hefty for children to collect, I suppose. Breaking it up makes it easier to digest.

This secret agent thing sounds like something out of a bad fanfic.

I've heard people complain that Pokespe sounds like a bad fanfic already. If that happens, I'll have to agree with them for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I wonder how Viz will do the XY manga. If they do a repeat of BW, they'll have RS, DP, HGSS, BW, and XY all being published at the same time. That is, honestly, a bit of a mess.

My OCD wishes that Viz would have stayed faithful to the Japanese numbering, but a 43+ volume series is a bit hefty for children to collect, I suppose. Breaking it up makes it easier to digest.
    They didn't release DPPt until after Gen 4 was over in the USA so...

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    This secret agent thing sounds like something out of a bad fanfic.

I've heard people complain that Pokespe sounds like a bad fanfic already. If that happens, I'll have to agree with them for once.
    Why? It can be awesome IF well executed. I wouldn't sell this idea short so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post

DPPt is halfway finished and HGSS is short. They could always speed up DPPt if they had to. It will more then likely be XY, BW, and RS lumped together. DPPt will be over by next year if they stay on the current release date pattern.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I am almost certain that X will be the boy, and Y will be the girl. To continue the pattern, I am guessing X is getting the Water starter. I want X to maybe be just a calm noble gentleman, because I don't think we have seen that out of our main characters based on male players yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    I am almost certain that X will be the boy, and Y will be the girl. To continue the pattern, I am guessing X is getting the Water starter. I want X to maybe be just a calm noble gentleman, because I don't think we have seen that out of our main characters based on male players yet.
    I think it should be the other way around..have X as the Girl and Y as the Boy

Sorry to burst your bubble, but looking at the pattern with the main paired games in the series, all the games listed first become the male main characters. Like RED and Green, GOLD and Silver, RUBY and Sapphire, DIAMOND and Pearl, and BLACK and White. Since this has been going on since the beginning, I am almost certain the game listed first (X) will be male.

Due to Generation VI being close, I'm getting kinda afraid that there will not be much time for BW2 as hoped. I was actually expecting BW2 to be as long as the first chapter in each generation (so 6-8 volumes) since unlike third versions and remakes BW2 have new plots and elements throughout rather than at a few points and solely post-game that could be fit into three volumes. I'm really hoping that BW2 won't be rushed. They could do what they did with HGSS and cut it short in magazine runs and finish it in volumes which can come out years after the games did just fine.

Going back to topic. I do like the idea of the secret agents thing although something tells me that won't happen (that is too predictable and Kusaka NEVER goes with the predictable). And about the version names, I have a feeling that it'll have to do more with geometrical coordinates rather than sex chromosomes. Generation VI introduces Pokemon gameplay to 3D so coordinate geometry references are more likely imo. And then when sequels come out (yes I'm betting on sequels rather than third versions/remakes) it'll be XZ and YZ versions which complete the 3D coordinates (and looking how it goes from Porygon2 to Porygon-Z, the Z will probably follow up with the 2).

Xander and Yuliana. I'm quick for Xander because it's my brother's name.

And to comment on the whole "dexholders have strange names" discussion, Ruby, Sapphire and Crystal all are girl's names, albiet they are uncommon.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post

And to comment on the whole "dexholders have strange names" discussion, Ruby, Sapphire and Crystal all are girl's names, albiet they are uncommon.
    lololol, Ruby's a guy XD

You guys forget that we're still in the BW chapter.

If Pokemon Fan has that erratic release schedule, then i don't see why it couldn't contain two rounds instead of just one. They did it for the first two rounds of the BW chapter.
    That would definitely speed things up.
    And the XY chapter doesn't have to begin in October necessarily just like BW2 hasn't even been given a proper start.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    If Pokemon Fan has that erratic release schedule, then i don't see why it couldn't contain two rounds instead of just one. They did it for the first two rounds of the BW chapter.
    That would definitely speed things up.
    And the XY chapter doesn't have to begin in October necessarily just like BW2 hasn't even been given a proper start.
    Yes, it did. But it should be noted that both chapters were much shorter than normal.

Combined, they're only about 23 pages long. Which is a much more common length for a Pokespe chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Yes, it did. But it should be noted that both chapters were much shorter than normal.

Combined, they're only about 23 pages long. Which is a much more common length for a Pokespe chapter.
    Well yeah, they're short. But then again, the rounds for the Pt chapter that were released only in tankoubon form were just as short.

Kind of hoping they use the Y and X motif in PokeSupe well. Like some others suggested, maybe have the protagonists' names start with X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but looking at the pattern with the main paired games in the series, all the games listed first become the male main characters. Like RED and Green, GOLD and Silver, RUBY and Sapphire, DIAMOND and Pearl, and BLACK and White. Since this has been going on since the beginning, I am almost certain the game listed first (X) will be male.
    Okay............

In fact, there are more probability X and Y represents two main male characters.

And the main female character represents the third version.

Unless we do not get a "main" male as a "only" rival in XY (and he can self-named), or it will be likely DP, the main male rival named Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post

I think Platinum also is a very uncommon name lol

---------------------

I see Kusaka's Twitter.

He is very excited about HGSS end of and he is ready to be serialized B2W2 and XY (sure, after October) XD
    Last edited by e9310103838; 10th January 2013 at 8:28 AM.

I know they don't sound very Pokéspe, but how about Xavier and Yasmine? Those are English names, so they will obviously not be considered too highly by a Japanese writer, but at least they are normalish names that don't have to have the spellings switched. Plus, historically, when the two versions are listed, the first one listed has always been the male protagonist while the second version was either the female choice or the rival.
    It really depends what Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie evolve into, but I'm sensing that the more energetic/frantic character gets Chespin, that character's foil gets Fennekin and the rival or whoever is left gets Froakie. I think this will probably be Xavier with Chespin, Yasmine with Fennekin and Z...ebdiah gets Froakie.
    Black Friend Code: 0476 2839 7884

with the patern
    red , gold , ruby , diamond , black , X male hero
    Bulbasaur ( grass ), Cydaquil ( fire ) , Mudkip ( water ) , turtwig ( Grass ) , Black ( fire ) so is likely that nex main chara will get water stater so if kusaka make protagonist Bw2 appear in manga not replaced by black i can see X male hero got chespin but if the character bw2 really do replaced by black than X male hero will go with froakie

for dex holder girl always got starter that weak to male hero starter so i can see Y female hero will get fennekin or froakie ( if bw2 character appear and didnt replace by white ( bianca not a dex holder so she didnt count :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfehead View Post
    I know they don't sound very Pokéspe, but how about Xavier and Yasmine? Those are English names, so they will obviously not be considered too highly by a Japanese writer, but at least they are normalish names that don't have to have the spellings switched. Plus, historically, when the two versions are listed, the first one listed has always been the male protagonist while the second version was either the female choice or the rival.
    It really depends what Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie evolve into, but I'm sensing that the more energetic/frantic character gets Chespin, that character's foil gets Fennekin and the rival or whoever is left gets Froakie. I think this will probably be Xavier with Chespin, Yasmine with Fennekin and Z...ebdiah gets Froakie.
    Those names would be cool and work really well

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast