Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 449

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    I've done the math myself -- if Kusaka follows the same pattern, the main protagonist should choose Froakie (It's gone Red - Grass starter, Gold - fire starter, Ruby - water starter, Dia - grass starter, Black - fire starter) however the second and third characters don't follow a pattern (Green - fire starter, Silver - water starter, Sapphire - fire starter, Pearl - fire starter, White - grass starter (sorta)) see?
    No that's not how it works. The rival characters, who are Blue, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, and soon to be Hugh, are so far following the pattern with fire-water-grass-fire-water. The female characters, Green, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, and White follow a pattern as well with water-grass-fire-water-grass. Idk where you got your second and third character logic from but Kusaka is basing the cycle off of who the male protagonist, female protagonist and rivals are.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    No that's not how it works. The rival characters, who are Blue, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, and soon to be Hugh, are so far following the pattern with fire-water-grass-fire-water. The female characters, Green, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, and White follow a pattern as well with water-grass-fire-water-grass. Idk where you got your second and third character logic from but Kusaka is basing the cycle off of who the male protagonist, female protagonist and rivals are.
    Kusaka does have the second and third characters logic follow the sequence of versions.

    But he obviously used different logic in here, yea, you said, male and female main characters, than river (second male).

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said this before, but the male protagonist will take Froakie, the female protagonist will take Fennekin, and the rival will pick Chepin, because of the cycle.
    I mentioned that in the PokeSpecial Club awhile ago.

    And so far the patterns for the boy, girl, rival starters have been pretty easy to follow. The only ones that you might question are RS where Sapphire represented both the female and the rival role...well kinda, but even then she was still following the female starter path. I would also mention White but she has a Grass Starter now and I don't see her getting another starter like some brainstormed so really the pattern has not been broken yet.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I mentioned that in the PokeSpecial Club awhile ago.

    And so far the patterns for the boy, girl, rival starters have been pretty easy to follow. The only ones that you might question are RS where Sapphire represented both the female and the rival role...well kinda, but even then she was still following the female starter path. I would also mention White but she has a Grass Starter now and I don't see her getting another starter like some brainstormed so really the pattern has not been broken yet.
    Sapphire's is quite understandable, she and Ruby kinda share the rival role.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    It seems like whether the female or the rival get the second version name depends on whether the female or the rival gets introduced first (or in DPPt's case, the rival gets first priority, and one of Pearl's default names in the games was Pearl anyway.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    It seems like whether the female or the rival get the second version name depends on whether the female or the rival gets introduced first (or in DPPt's case, the rival gets first priority, and one of Pearl's default names in the games was Pearl anyway.
    In RB and GSC case the female was either scrapped like in RBGY, or introduced late like in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. RS was the first game to have the female at the start, so it was easy to give her the secondary game name while still being a female. There was no other option besides Wally, if you really believe he's a true rival or not. Diamond and Pearl for whatever reason decided to name the rival Pearl yet still introduced the girl right off the bat since she was there in the games as well. It worked out pretty well with her naming being held off until Platinum. I wonder what would have happened if they decided to make a Diamond2 and Pearl2 instead that generation
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    It seems like whether the female or the rival get the second version name depends on whether the female or the rival gets introduced first (or in DPPt's case, the rival gets first priority, and one of Pearl's default names in the games was Pearl anyway.
    I think it depends whether there is "only accurate" rival (or a named rival, but Hugh may break the point, if he as the third Unova dex holder. yea, the situation of Nate and Rosa not appear).
    Last edited by e9310103838; 27th March 2013 at 9:10 AM.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Also, the rivals that were named after the second versions kinda had that version's name as one of the default names in the games.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    I forgot to say......

    If Rosa will appear, I don't know that we will get Rosa representing the second version (White 2) or Hugh representing it (like remake chapters)......
    Last edited by e9310103838; 27th March 2013 at 9:11 AM.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    how about bringing up some past pseudo-dexholders to be x and y? like they're codenamed and only hired because they've had experience with the gadget, and they're used for one mission (whatever is the plot in x and y), and after that they'll return the dexes to professor [insert tree or plant or shrub species here]. i think x will be wally, and y would be bianca. it doesn't have to be romantic, but it'll give them more character development. bianca being brave enough to battle, wally being strong (and healthy) enough to battle. i think kusaka's gonna do it that way.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    how about bringing up some past pseudo-dexholders to be x and y? like they're codenamed and only hired because they've had experience with the gadget, and they're used for one mission (whatever is the plot in x and y), and after that they'll return the dexes to professor [insert tree or plant or shrub species here]. i think x will be wally, and y would be bianca. it doesn't have to be romantic, but it'll give them more character development. bianca being brave enough to battle, wally being strong (and healthy) enough to battle. i think kusaka's gonna do it that way.
    Um...I think the PC's from the X&Y games will be X and Y. -_-

    And wait I just thought of something...does Hugh absolutely have to be a main character if he does serve the rival Dexholder role? Hugh isn't named after a game and there is no more games to name him after (and don't get started on this Black2 and White2 being names crap, those sequel games kinda have the same name design as remake games by only adding a few more characters to the original game name). We can still give him Samurott and a Pokedex but who says that will make him a main character? He is still not named after a game. If Kusaka utilizes this method, then he could still keep up the past traditions.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 28th March 2013 at 3:31 AM.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    So now that the suppose new Mewtwo have been reveal to be true...the chances of Mewtwo and Sird returning in the XY chapther are 100%

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    We shouldn't assume that Mewtwo's reappearance automatically guarantees Sird's return. Remember, we saw Sird in DP by herself and Mewtwo was mentioned only in a flashback. There's a good chance that Mewtwo (after losing Sird's trail) found out on his own that the Dexholders were freed and gave up chasing Sird for something else.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Due we will get Mewtwo in Gen 5, I think this is too fast Mewtwo appears in Gen 6 again.

    So this is either Mewtwo really re-appears once in Gen 6, or Mewtwo's new form (?) appears in Gen 5 (SP).
    Last edited by e9310103838; 7th April 2013 at 3:33 AM.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,324

    Default

    Personally, I think Mewtwo should appear in BW2 to combat Genesect.

    I mean, it just writes itself.

    There's nothing really stopping them from having Mewtwo debut its new Forme in BW2, right? By the time Mewtwo even appears, X and Y will have been out for months, probably.

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    So now that the suppose new Mewtwo have been reveal to be true...the chances of Mewtwo and Sird returning in the XY chapther are 100%
    No it isn't.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    In the trailer, the new Mewtwo form was first seen battling Genesect (coincidence???).

    I think what will happen is that Mewtwo will appear in B2W2 to show off its Psystrike move and its appearance there will set up for its revelation of its new form in X & Y. I think it's very possible now that Generation VI is the "genetics" generation. So...does that mean that Deoxys and Genesect will be huge in Generation VI as well??? (I hope this will mean that Deoxys will return for X & Y in the manga and Genesect will become an important character.)

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    In the trailer, the new Mewtwo form was first seen battling Genesect (coincidence???).

    I think what will happen is that Mewtwo will appear in B2W2 to show off its Psystrike move and its appearance there will set up for its revelation of its new form in X & Y. I think it's very possible now that Generation VI is the "genetics" generation. So...does that mean that Deoxys and Genesect will be huge in Generation VI as well??? (I hope this will mean that Deoxys will return for X & Y in the manga and Genesect will become an important character.)
    If the subject is really "genetics", I think that Deoxys's importance is not inferior to Mewtwo.

    As for Genesect...... I don't know XD

    I only hope that Kusaka have a good reason for an explanation why Mewtwo doesn't transform its new form when VS Deoxys, until when VS Genesect.

    (If this is the "new Pokemon" indeed it transform in Gen 5, and VS Genesect indeed.)

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    If the subject is really "genetics", I think that Deoxys's importance is not inferior to Mewtwo.

    As for Genesect...... I don't know XD

    I only hope that Kusaka have a good reason for an explanation why Mewtwo doesn't transform its new form when VS Deoxys, until when VS Genesect.

    (If this is the "new Pokemon" indeed it transform in Gen 5, and VS Genesect indeed.)
    I guess it's because certain conditions have to be met for Mewtwo to change form.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    I guess it's because certain conditions have to be met for Mewtwo to change form.
    Or maybe Mewtwo itself doesn't know about its other form? XD

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,637

    Default

    I haven't commented on Mewnew yet. That's what I'm calling it, Mewnew. I'm sure others are calling it that before me, but I shall be the first to call it Mewnew on Serebi. Until someone post they said it earlier then me...anyway do I think Mewnew will play a factor in XY's manga? Honestly I kind of hope they have it appear in BW2's chapters instead. Why? I would like XY to be it's own thing, but then again we have no idea what the plot of XY is so it's hard to even speculate what is or will happen. I'm not at all excited for Mewnew, honestly, but we'll have to wait and see what the game role is and how the Adventures manga adopts it.

    Edit: Wait a minute. Isn't there some kind of cat anime called Mewnew or something?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I haven't commented on Mewnew yet. That's what I'm calling it, Mewnew. I'm sure others are calling it that before me, but I shall be the first to call it Mewnew on Serebi. Until someone post they said it earlier then me...anyway do I think Mewnew will play a factor in XY's manga? Honestly I kind of hope they have it appear in BW2's chapters instead. Why? I would like XY to be it's own thing, but then again we have no idea what the plot of XY is so it's hard to even speculate what is or will happen. I'm not at all excited for Mewnew, honestly, but we'll have to wait and see what the game role is and how the Adventures manga adopts it.

    Edit: Wait a minute. Isn't there some kind of cat anime called Mewnew or something?
    I think you'er referring to Tokyo Mewmew. Anyway I think I'm going to call it Mewtailhead... because the thing on his head looks like a tail. I am also not very thrilled about Mewtailhead either, but I do wanna know why have they come up with such a Pokemon.
    ng else

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Mewtwo will probably appear in B2W2 to use Psystrike... and then "Mewthree" will be hinted at (Kusaka likes to do this near the transition between generations).

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    I saw someone joked in Yamamoto's Twitter, the main characters of XY will be called Xaka (Kusaka) and Yamamoto. lol

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236

    Default

    I know everyone is suggesting secret agents or names starting with these letters, but I thought other two possibilities:
    1- The characters are part of a genetic experiment to improve human capabilities, "Project XY", and were created artificially. Thus, although they use normal human names (that is, their official game canon names), their "real" names are "X" and "Y".
    2- Their names are phonetical readings of "X" and "Y"; Ex (エックス) and Wy (ワイ).
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Now that customization is been reveal to be real, I wonder who it will affect the characters in the manga?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •