Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

I like blaziken's evolution but I hope the other starters don't have another evolution. Ex. mega charizard would be weird

Shonen-wise, MegaEvolutions are absolutely a great enhancement.
    It's like a power-up such as the Super Saiyan or in a certain way reesembles Digimon digivolution, by which they digivolve temporarily just to fight a dangerous foe.
    I can see this perfectly fit Pokéspe.

Quote Originally Posted by 4de_92 View Post
    I like blaziken's evolution but I hope the other starters don't have another evolution. Ex. mega charizard would be weird
    I'm actually the opposite. I hope all the starters get mega evolution since it wouldn't be fair if just one got this boost. However I will agree that a lot of the forms will look weird (like Mega Swampert and Mega Samurott).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronflex View Post
    Shonen-wise, MegaEvolutions are absolutely a great enhancement.
    It's like a power-up such as the Super Saiyan or in a certain way reesembles Digimon digivolution, by which they digivolve temporarily just to fight a dangerous foe.
    I can see this perfectly fit Pokéspe.
    Exactly. While it seems odd in the games, in PokéSpe it actually fits since it is a shonen manga. Like you said it's like a temporary power up (although I think it resembles Burst Mode in Digimon more so than digivolution, but that's just me). I'd love to see how Pokéspe handles it.

I am sure that the Manga is going to add in Mega Evoultions...Maybe X ( That's what i am calling him will get an Mega Evoultion)

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Special always shows off a lot of game features, so I think it's pretty much guaranteed we'll see them in the XY arc. :P Especially since one of the leaders even talks about it. I wonder if they'll do anything with Super Training?
    Last edited by 1dbad; 12th August 2013 at 1:26 AM.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

The XY arc is going to make Mega Pokemon a lot more exciting than the Anime ever will. I'm so stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    You have a great imagination. But you do realize that the more intricate this plot you created is , the less likely it is to happen?
    I'm just thinking on the basic premise. The stuff I wrote is just an example of how it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    As for five main games? I'm afraid that would be too much, even for Pokemon
    It's going to happen someday. Do you think a franchise like Pokémon is going to ignore the Four Symbols (which are five) forever? Heck, I even heard Gen. I was originally intended to have seven games. (It was two guys saying they've read it in an interview and were asking in Bulbapedia's talk page if anyone had the link)

Here is my theory in case you want to read it. I later wrote a better worded version at pokéJungle's comments, but I won't skim through their comments searching for it.
    Another reason why I think that, not mentioned in the linked post, is that "O" (オー, "Ō") is homophone to the Japanese word for "king" (王, "ō"), and I doubt GF would waste the pun of having a legendary master in a "King" version.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    A game idea sounds pretty fun. Like some kind of Kalos competition takes place in the region that involves everyone to find certain items all over the entire region, be it fossils, battle items, or even certain Gym Badges. This would be a great way to show Calem, Serena, Trevor, Shauna, and Tierno traveling or something. I don't know, it's to early to tell right now.
    The only problem I have with that theory is that I can't think of an elimination criteria for it. Example, in Konjiki no Gash!!, if your book is burnt, the demon child is eliminated from the battle and transported back to the Demon World, and in Hunter x Hunter's Greed Island arc, if you leave the island for three days, I think, your save file is erased.
    The best thing I can think of is "everyone in the game has a Pokédex, and you lose if it is destroyed", but hundreds of Dexes seem overkill, and not like something Kusaka would do. Perhaps an original item as a McGuffin?

Quote Originally Posted by 4de_92 View Post
    That would be unfair on the other Starters. In fact, I think Mega Bursyamo was only shown as a way to say "all Starters will get Mega Evolutions".

Either way, I had already thought of a way to bring the old characters back before the Mega Evolutions were announced. We have that unsolved thing about Ruby and Sapphire's romance, right? Well, one thing I thought is that in B2W2 Ruby would confess to Sapphire, again, and sometime after that they would decide to marry in the most romantic place possible, France, I mean, Kalos, and would invite the other Holders. Then, in the XY arc, at some point, the protagonists would get invited to their wedding ceremony as a way to meet the older Dex Holders.
    It would be a short reunion, lasting only a few chapters, and then the older Holders would hear about Mega Mewtwo. Then whatever plot-related thing happens only later.
    Then, if there's a RS remake, its arc would end with Sapphire pregnant, or with an epilogue where she gives birth to her and Ruby's child. At least that's how I would like it to happen.

Then, these Mega Evolutions appeared. Obviously, all Starters will receive Mega Evolutions, and thus we'll see the Holders. Whether any of the things I said happens is up to Kusaka. Maybe Mega Evolutions will replace the ultimate moves in level of "biggest power" or whatever.
    Though, I wonder how many old Pokémon the new main characters will have due to these Mega Evolutions. I don't see many non-main characters using them. What about old characters like appearing because of them, though? Maybe Gen (Riley) will reappear to show Mega Lucario? It's his signature Pokémon, so I don't see anyone else having it.

Here is a list of possible Pokémon to get Mega Evolutions, ignore the "confirmed unofficially" besides Hassam (Scizor), it comes from Hirobyte, a previous leaker from Gen. V, who is no longer privy to inside info, as his close friend told Pokébeach. Sadly, there's no Pokémon owned by Mitsuru (Wally) there, though this is no indicator, as it's not a full list.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

I would rather have Red and Yellow married, and things I really want in BW2 or XY Chapters:
    1) Wally, I really want to see him again and what he's been up to. Maybe a RS remake where Wally is Hoenn's champion
    2) A dexholder reunion; I dont care how they do it but I want it. PWT is a good opportunity, rather have that over over 30 gym leaders reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by LordSerperior View Post
    I would rather have Red and Yellow married, and things I really want in BW2 or XY Chapters:
    I agree, I expect them to come out already married XD

1) Wally, I really want to see him again and what he's been up to. Maybe a RS remake where Wally is Hoenn's champion
    2) A dexholder reunion; I dont care how they do it but I want it. PWT is a good opportunity, rather have that over over 30 gym leaders reappearing
    I also agree since we have a generation without dex holders reunion, even the next generation will not have dex holders reunion.

This is the best chance let some main characters of long-lost appearance have the scenes.

I do not want to interrupt this continuity in this series. I mean, I do not mind seeing the older dex holders, as long as they are not the elderlies. lol

I've been gone for awhile, so I haven't had the time to come on here anymore. As far as the marriage thing you guys are talking about, these are fanfics. I don't expect to see any old Dexholders anytime soon or in XY. Blaziken getting a new Mega Form does not cement the return of Sapphire. I'm actually expecting someone else to debut it unless there's a RS remake coming soon.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a dexholder reunion with everyone is out of the question at this point imo. Many of them are a lot older than the last time we saw them and there are a lot of them. Your only hope is for the RS remakes to happen, and that won't involve the dexholders from gen 4, 5, 6 (most likely). However, I can see some of the older dexholders appearing as individuals. I'm actually surprised the trio from gen 4 haven't shown up in any of the gen 5 special yet.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, a dexholder reunion with everyone is out of the question at this point imo. Many of them are a lot older than the last time we saw them and there are a lot of them. Your only hope is for the RS remakes to happen, and that won't involve the dexholders from gen 4, 5, 6 (most likely). However, I can see some of the older dexholders appearing as individuals. I'm actually surprised the trio from gen 4 haven't shown up in any of the gen 5 special yet.
    A RS remake does not equal the return of Dexholders from gen 1 and 2 either. Nobody came back in HGSS minus Green in a flashback, and since the Kanto holders have very little relationships with the Hoenn ones, why are they likely to return in a RS remake? If any, the gen 6 holders would be likely or at least their problems could effect what a RS remake could be about similar to how HGSS was a prequel to DPPt's Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina trouble or the connection between Emerald and FRLG.

As far as Dexholder reunions go, there hasn't been a need for one yet and there's just to many characters. I could see one at the end of the series, no matter how old they are, but I think it's the number of characters that keeps these reunions from happening rather then just their ages.

Are you trying to say that characters cant wed in a manga? I didnt say I wanted them married, I just said Red and Yellow would make more sense then Ruby and Sapphire. If a reunion isnt happening then I dont mind the older dex holders making appearances alone, if not that just give me gen 1,2 and 3 reunion in a RS remake
    PS I just found out about the new anime, I really hope its based on PokeSpe

Are you trying to say that characters cant wed in a manga? I didnt say I wanted them married, I just said Red and Yellow would make more sense then Ruby and Sapphire. If a reunion isnt happening then I dont mind the older dex holders making appearances alone, if not that just give me gen 1,2 and 3 reunion in a RS remake
    Unfortunately (lol) it is based on the game.

Now we have more enough reason to let the old dex holders appear.

It. Isn't. At all..

The new anime seems like wasted potential for a possible Special anime. And if it's supposed to be a tribute to the original Red and Green games, why are the characters in their updated designs? Not to mention it would have made sense doing something like this during the games anniversary, not a weird number of years after like 17.

Since Ruby and Sapphire are the only coupling that was actually focused in the series, I think they would be the first in the list of who gets married, if Kusaka decides to have the adult heroes marrying.

And why would Mitsuru be a Champion? He wasn't one in the original games, and thus he woun't be in the remakes. GF wouldn't change the Champion for a remake.

I've been gone for awhile, so I haven't had the time to come on here anymore. As far as the marriage thing you guys are talking about, these are fanfics.
    The what? No one mentioned fanfics, this was just how I would like the old characters to appear in XY.

Blaziken getting a new Mega Form does not cement the return of Sapphire. I'm actually expecting someone else to debut it unless there's a RS remake coming soon.
    Given the manga's tendency to avoid giving Starters to non main characters, I doubt it. The Mega thing is not something Kusaka would just give to anyone, I think, so if someone were to use Mega forms, it would be a relevant character, like the protagonists, antagonists, and relevant allies. Unless you want to have all previous Starters being owned by villains and important allies, while still have enough of these characters to use them, then we should have the old characters appear. I doubt Kusaka would have any Mega Pokémon appear as an one-panel cameo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, a dexholder reunion with everyone is out of the question at this point imo. Many of them are a lot older than the last time we saw them and there are a lot of them.
    Dude, stop bringing up their ages, these are irrelevant. Look at other franchises, when the Lyrical Nanoha franchise started, Nanoha was 9. Currently, she's 25, and she still keeps appearing. Sure, she's not the protagonist anymore (currently, the protagonists are Thoma in Force, and Vivio in Vivid), but she still keeps being a main character, and keeps appearing.
    Aging also didn't stop Gokaiger from happening and bringing back many old heroes, and I'm not talking about the ones who only appear in their transformed form and being played only by a suit actor in a mute role, I'm talking about the ones whose actual actors returned, like Aka Ranger from GoRanger and Big One from J.A.K.Q..

Long story short, as long as they are alive, they will keep coming back whenever Kusaka feels like bringing them back. Or would you rather have Saque being defeated without the involvement of the old cast?
    I just said Red and Yellow would make more sense then Ruby and Sapphire.
    They don't. Ruby and Sapphire are the only couple to actually have a confession, and whose feelings are confirmed to be reciprocal. As far as we know, Diamond-Platinum and Yellow-Red are one-sided. Sure, Kusaka wrote a scene where Red and Yellow's pinkies were connected by a wire (if you don't know Japanese culture, this is like the author saying "they are soulmates"), but Red is not known to return Yellow's feelings.

I could see one at the end of the series
    PokéSpe ending? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! As if. If it has come this far, it won't end as long as the franchise lives.

Your only hope is for the RS remakes to happen
    if not that just give me gen 1,2 and 3 reunion in a RS remake
    A RS remake
    For some reason, I get the feeling that if we get remakes this Gen, it'll be G1 remakes. It's not because of the The Origin special, I have been having this feeling for some time.
    GF apparently wants to have all games being compatible and playable. G1 and G2 were incompatible with G3, so they made FRLG. GSC were becoming unplayable because the clock consumed the batteries faster, so they made HGSS.
    Now, G3 is pretty much unplayble because GBA's are no longer made, and the 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot, and when the battery dries, time-based events in G3 stop happening, so I think they would remake G3 games, but for some reason I feel they would give priority to RGBY.

I'm not sure why, maybe it's just my imagination. I have also heard some people are getting G1 vibes from XY, so maybe this could be influencing my thinking, along with Mewtwo getting a new "form" (I have been feeling this since before Megas were revealed).
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    Since Ruby and Sapphire are the only coupling that was actually focused in the series, I think they would be the first in the list of who gets married, if Kusaka decides to have the adult heroes marrying.

And why would Mitsuru be a Champion? He wasn't one in the original games, and thus he woun't be in the remakes. GF wouldn't change the Champion for a remake.

The what? No one mentioned fanfics, this was just how I would like the old characters to appear in XY.

Given the manga's tendency to avoid giving Starters to non main characters, I doubt it. The Mega thing is not something Kusaka would just give to anyone, I think, so if someone were to use Mega forms, it would be a relevant character, like the protagonists, antagonists, and relevant allies. Unless you want to have all previous Starters being owned by villains and important allies, while still have enough of these characters to use them, then we should have the old characters appear. I doubt Kusaka would have any Mega Pokémon appear as an one-panel cameo.

Dude, stop bringing up their ages, these are irrelevant. Look at other franchises, when the Lyrical Nanoha franchise started, Nanoha was 9. Currently, she's 25, and she still keeps appearing. Sure, she's not the protagonist anymore (currently, the protagonists are Thoma in Force, and Vivio in Vivid), but she still keeps being a main character, and keeps appearing.
    Aging also didn't stop Gokaiger from happening and bringing back many old heroes, and I'm not talking about the ones who only appear in their transformed form and being played only by a suit actor in a mute role, I'm talking about the ones whose actual actors returned, like Aka Ranger from GoRanger and Big One from J.A.K.Q..

Long story short, as long as they are alive, they will keep coming back whenever Kusaka feels like bringing them back. Or would you rather have Saque being defeated without the involvement of the old cast?

They don't. Ruby and Sapphire are the only couple to actually have a confession, and whose feelings are confirmed to be reciprocal. As far as we know, Diamond-Platinum and Yellow-Red are one-sided. Sure, Kusaka wrote a scene where Red and Yellow's pinkies were connected by a wire (if you don't know Japanese culture, this is like the author saying "they are soulmates"), but Red is not known to return Yellow's feelings.

PokéSpe ending? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! As if. If it has come this far, it won't end as long as the franchise lives.

For some reason, I get the feeling that if we get remakes this Gen, it'll be G1 remakes. It's not because of the The Origin special, I have been having this feeling for some time.
    GF apparently wants to have all games being compatible and playable. G1 and G2 were incompatible with G3, so they made FRLG. GSC were becoming unplayable because the clock consumed the batteries faster, so they made HGSS.
    Now, G3 is pretty much unplayble because GBA's are no longer made, and the 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot, and when the battery dries, time-based events in G3 stop happening, so I think they would remake G3 games, but for some reason I feel they would give priority to RGBY.

I'm not sure why, maybe it's just my imagination. I have also heard some people are getting G1 vibes from XY, so maybe this could be influencing my thinking, along with Mewtwo getting a new "form" (I have been feeling this since before Megas were revealed).
    I'm only going to address two of the things you said. The first one will be brief. PokeSpecial will have a ending someday. You're fooling yourself if you don't think it will.

The second is about the Mega forms for Starters. We don't know if someone in the games can obtain MegaBlaziken. Kimberly had Johto starters in FRLG. Again, I do not expect to see Sapphire in XY. If they managed to squeeze her in BW2 and give her MegaBlaziken, then great. They might even do a flashback of Sapphire getting it.

I keep hearing people say you'll be able to choose one of the 3 Kanto starters in game, early on... I'm not sure if it's true but with all the promotion I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised...

Sooo, considering all the rivals may own Pokedex's in game, I could see them each owning a Kanto starter instead. But like if X gets Froakie and Y gets Fennekin that'd leave Chespin out, unless the rivals just get Kalos starters too instead of Kanto starters. :/

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Sooo, considering all the rivals may own Pokedex's in game, I could see them each owning a Kanto starter instead. But like if X gets Froakie and Y gets Fennekin that'd leave Chespin out, unless the rivals just get Kalos starters too instead of Kanto starters. :/
    The usual guess is that two of your four friends will get the two Kalos starters you don't pick and two of them will get Kanto starters, with the player getting the third later on.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I know Serena's clothes don't look exactly like them and there's a big different in the style of them, but when I see them I can't help but think of the Unova female Pokemon Rangers. Which makes me wonder what her being one could be like. I don't think it's likely though, but Special! White is completely different than what you''d expect with her looks so it's possible Special! Y could be like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    The new anime seems like wasted potential for a possible Special anime. And if it's supposed to be a tribute to the original Red and Green games, why are the characters in their updated designs? Not to mention it would have made sense doing something like this during the games anniversary, not a weird number of years after like 17.
    Well it does go to show they could start a Special anime from the beginning at least, since the age of the games apparently doesn't bother them. :P It does, but eh, at this point I'll take any new anime thing I can get. The updated designs aren't the only problem though, different characters have different designs from all sorts of games and Green's outfit is even a original one for the most part. And it is weird they did it so randomly, but maybe we'll find out a reason why later. Either way I'm not complaining, lol.

If anyone got married I definitely would prefer those to be the ones, not crazy about the Yellow and Red coupling.

I think he was saying your idea sounded too much like a fanfic for him.

It could once it ends though, or if Pokemon really does last forever it would at least have to end when they die.

Hoenn games would make more sense though, since you can at least still go to Kanto in HGSS while you can't go to Hoenn in any DS/3DS games.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 20th August 2013 at 5:05 PM.
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I keep hearing people say you'll be able to choose one of the 3 Kanto starters in game, early on... I'm not sure if it's true but with all the promotion I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised...

I really don't see the need for any of the characters getting Kanto Starters in the XY PokeSpecial. I really hope nobody gets the Kanto Starters, even if the game does give them away. HGSS gave away the Kanto and Hoenn starters and both were ignored in the HGSS chapters, so I hope the same thing applies here. I want to see Kalos Pokemon, not overexposed Kanto ones. No offense to anyone who does want to see them. I'm not trying to jump on your back or anything, I just hope that is not the case.

We still don't know which pattern the characters will take for the starters if BW2 really does exist as it's own group.

PokeSpecial will have a ending someday. You're fooling yourself if you don't think it will.
    Based on what? Like I said, the way this manga has been able to run this much, basically means it'll only end after the Pokémon franchise ends. If Pokémon outlives Kusaka, they can just get another author to continue, and so on, until the franchise ends. Nowadays, though, it's nearly impossible to kill a franchise, so we would probably have to wait till human extinction for that to happen. And after that, aliens can take over the franchise and continue making PokéSpe.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Oh sorry, I shouldn't have said RS remakes. after B2W2, I've been hoping for sequels to all previous gens which take place around the same time as bw2 (with Johto sequel not including Kanto). I wanted Wally to be champion for my dream hoenn sequel, which led me to mention that in my post. For a simple remake of gen 3 games, I don't expect Wally as the champion. Is there anyway I can advise GF on this???
    If the sequels happen, they can introduce new dex holders for the previous regions then have main characters in their twenties (not that I mind that) and we can let the older dex holders mentor the new ones. My idea is probably very farfetch'd

Based on what? Like I said, the way this manga has been able to run this much, basically means it'll only end after the Pokémon franchise ends. If Pokémon outlives Kusaka, they can just get another author to continue, and so on, until the franchise ends. Nowadays, though, it's nearly impossible to kill a franchise, so we would probably have to wait till human extinction for that to happen. And after that, aliens can take over the franchise and continue making PokéSpe.
    If that happens, then the new Pokemon Special will most likely suck a**. -_-

Or at least not the way it used to be, causing the rage of many older Pokemon Special fans.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast