Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I really hope the next guy isn't a generic male protagonist archetype, Black was a hotblooded boy on a mission to prove his worth and a full embodiment of the Shounen stereotype and we had one of those already with Red, except Red laxed out over time and was more meek in certain situations. They did a great job of keeping Dia, Pearl, Gold and Ruby away from that archetype so hopefully the same followers for Calem....errr....Ekkusu/Ex(?).
    Agreed. I do enjoy the Gym Leaders chapters to a extent but I prefer it to be more casual rather then "my life is all about the Pokemon League" I like Black but his goal was very boring compared to all the other Dexholders, well it matched Red's. I'm disappointed White's goal (which I found far more interesting) was dropped halfway in BW's chapters. I still hope Calem/X is a smart*** trainer who looks at Gyms and says "That's so 90s" or something like that. I hope he's not generic and has a original dream.

As for the starter pattern, it depends on if Lack-Two, lmao, is considered his own Dexholder or if he's part of Black and Whites. So Froakie or Chespin could be the ones, if the pattern still holds. We'll have to see.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Agreed. I do enjoy the Gym Leaders chapters to a extent but I prefer it to be more casual rather then "my life is all about the Pokemon League" I like Black but his goal was very boring compared to all the other Dexholders, well it matched Red's. I'm disappointed White's goal (which I found far more interesting) was dropped halfway in BW's chapters. I still hope Calem/X is a smart*** trainer who looks at Gyms and says "That's so 90s" or something like that. I hope he's not generic and has a original dream.

As for the starter pattern, it depends on if Lack-Two, lmao, is considered his own Dexholder or if he's part of Black and Whites. So Froakie or Chespin could be the ones, if the pattern still holds. We'll have to see.
    Although it could go either way, I really hope that "Lack-Two" is considered the rival Dexholder of the Unova region because if he isn't, then there would be no rival Dexholder of Unova and it would be the first time that two different sections of Dexholders existed in the same region. And besides, it's about time that a female Dexholder got the fire-type, also considering that fire-type starters don't usually befit the female Dexholder but Fennekin is a rare exception imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Although it could go either way, I really hope that "Lack-Two" is considered the rival Dexholder of the Unova region because if he isn't, then there would be no rival Dexholder of Unova and it would be the first time that two different sections of Dexholders existed in the same region. And besides, it's about time that a female Dexholder got the fire-type, also considering that fire-type starters don't usually befit the female Dexholder but Fennekin is a rare exception imo.
    A female Dexholder does have a fire type. Her name is Sapphire Birch and she has a Blaziken. White had a Tepig for a time, and as for fire types not benefiting females, I think Chimchar could easily work for a girl. It's pretty cute. Piplup works better for Ms. Berlitz because of her royal background so that was perfect.

As for the pattern, it's hard to tell. If Lack-Two is the rival where does that leave Whi-Two and doesn't she have a starter to show her importance of the series?

A female Dexholder does have a fire type. Her name is Sapphire Birch and she has a Blaziken. White had a Tepig for a time, and as for fire types not benefiting females, I think Chimchar could easily work for a girl. It's pretty cute. Piplup works better for Ms. Berlitz because of her royal background so that was perfect.

As for the pattern, it's hard to tell. If Lack-Two is the rival where does that leave Whi-Two and doesn't she have a starter to show her importance of the series?
    I'm aware that Sapphire has Blaziken. If you look at my post from yesterday, you'll notice that I acknowledged that Torchic is befitting of a female. What I meant in my previous post when I said that it's about time a female Dexholder got a fire-type, I meant that it'll be the first time in a long time, not ever.

Whi-Two can be given the same fate as Yellow, who didn't really fill in any of the three roles of a Dexholder (the male, the female and the rival) and yet she still got one. And no, Whi-Two didn't get a starter as of now and imo, it's better if she didn't get one. All the starters are already taken by the first three Unova Dexholders so it would be way too messy if she was given one too. It's not like Generation I where there was a fourth starter. But then again, the elemental monkeys can be considered starters in some respect as in Black & White, you were given an elemental monkey whose type was dependent on which starter you chose (and their Dream World abilities are starter-exclusive abilities) so if Whi-Two absolutely must be given a starter(s), then the elemental monkeys would be better than nothing.

I'm aware that Sapphire has Blaziken. If you look at my post from yesterday, you'll notice that I acknowledged that Torchic is befitting of a female. What I meant in my previous post when I said that it's about time a female Dexholder got a fire-type, I meant that it'll be the first time in a long time, not ever.

Whi-Two can be given the same fate as Yellow, who didn't really fill in any of the three roles of a Dexholder (the male, the female and the rival) and yet she still got one. And no, Whi-Two didn't get a starter as of now and imo, it's better if she didn't get one. All the starters are already taken by the first three Unova Dexholders so it would be way too messy if she was given one too. It's not like Generation I where there was a fourth starter. But then again, the elemental monkeys can be considered starters in some respect as in Black & White, you were given an elemental monkey whose type was dependent on which starter you chose (and their Dream World abilities are starter-exclusive abilities) so if Whi-Two absolutely must be given a starter(s), then the elemental monkeys would be better than nothing.
    It still feels cheated that Whi-Two doesn't get anything while Lack-Two gets the Oshawott line. The difference between Yellow and Whi-Two is Yellow was made up from scratch and got Pikachu, the actually starter of the Yellow version. Whi-Two is getting nothing. It's a good thing there are no more Dexholder reunions to exclude her in with ultimate attack sequences. BW's Dexholder/Starter pattern is already beyond screwed up, I hope XY does a better job and doesn't spit on the female character like BW. White didn't really do much either and her awesome dream was cut short and Whi-Two looks more like support then a main character right now, but I blame that on lack of BW2 chapters.

It still feels cheated that Whi-Two doesn't get anything while Lack-Two gets the Oshawott line. The difference between Yellow and Whi-Two is Yellow was made up from scratch and got Pikachu, the actually starter of the Yellow version. Whi-Two is getting nothing. It's a good thing there are no more Dexholder reunions to exclude her in with ultimate attack sequences. BW's Dexholder/Starter pattern is already beyond screwed up, I hope XY does a better job and doesn't spit on the female character like BW. White didn't really do much either and her awesome dream was cut short and Whi-Two looks more like support then a main character right now, but I blame that on lack of BW2 chapters.
    Meh, I wouldn't say that the BW pattern is screwed up right now. Sure, it would have been screwed up if White kept Gigi but she got Amanda instead. That continued the pattern of the male protagonist getting the fire-type and the female protagonist getting the grass-type, as that is the time for the circle of life. If Lack-Two can be considered the rival Dexholder (and rival Dexholders don't really have to be actual rivals, look at Emerald) then sure give him the Oshawott line (though I have to wonder what Kusaka is going to do with poor Cedric's Samurott, it barely did anything). But if Whi-Two ends up getting a starter, then yes the Gen V Dexholder/Starter pattern will be screwed up. Hopefully there's a reason why Lack-Two got a starter right off the bat while Whi-Two didn't.

I think the origin of this screwed-up pattern was due to a bunch of rivals who weren't really destined to get Pokedexes. XY has them as well. Let's hope that Kusaka learned from the past and he finds a cleaner way to handle the Dexholder/Starter pattern. My suggestion would be to just ignore the non-Dexholder rivals (not completely ignore them, put them in the storyline but don't give the Dexes or starters) and give the Dexes and starters to the protagonists only.

Meh, I wouldn't say that the BW pattern is screwed up right now. Sure, it would have been screwed up if White kept Gigi but she got Amanda instead. That continued the pattern of the male protagonist getting the fire-type and the female protagonist getting the grass-type, as that is the time for the circle of life. If Lack-Two can be considered the rival Dexholder (and rival Dexholders don't really have to be actual rivals, look at Emerald) then sure give him the Oshawott line (though I have to wonder what Kusaka is going to do with poor Cedric's Samurott, it barely did anything). But if Whi-Two ends up getting a starter, then yes the Gen V Dexholder/Starter pattern will be screwed up. Hopefully there's a reason why Lack-Two got a starter right off the bat while Whi-Two didn't.

I think the origin of this screwed-up pattern was due to a bunch of rivals who weren't really destined to get Pokedexes. XY has them as well. Let's hope that Kusaka learned from the past and he finds a cleaner way to handle the Dexholder/Starter pattern. My suggestion would be to just ignore the non-Dexholder rivals (not completely ignore them, put them in the storyline but don't give the Dexes or starters) and give the Dexes and starters to the protagonists only.
    Unless I'm mistaken Gigi/Bubu-chan doesn't have a trainer right now does it? I mean it would kinda make sense to pair up Whi-Two with Gigi if only so they can look for N together (even if PokeSpecial N is a creep) but if it doesn't happen, I still consider it screwed up because the female player of the BW2 is still getting the short end of the stick starter wise. Thankfully Shauna seems to be the only one of the Kalos kids besides Calem/Serena who gets a Starter so I hope they do XY better then BW's starter mess.

Unless I'm mistaken Gigi/Bubu-chan doesn't have a trainer right now does it? I mean it would kinda make sense to pair up Whi-Two with Gigi if only so they can look for N together (even if PokeSpecial N is a creep) but if it doesn't happen, I still consider it screwed up because the female player of the BW2 is still getting the short end of the stick starter wise. Thankfully Shauna seems to be the only one of the Kalos kids besides Calem/Serena who gets a Starter so I hope they do XY better then BW's starter mess.
    But then you also have to consider who fills in the rival Dexholder role and gets the last starter (most likely Chespin in Generation VI). If Generation VI does the same thing as Generation V and makes two sequel games instead of a third version, then we'll still be in a similar situation as we are in right now. The rival Dexholder could be filled in by one of the sequel protagonists and get Chespin but then what will the fourth Dexholder get?

EDIT: oh sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough. I don't know too much about what they're doing with the X&Y rivals right now. So really? Shauna is the only one of the infinite amount of rivals who gets starters? Though if that's the case, since Shauna will probably still be named Shauna in the manga, I don't think she'll be a Dexholder. What they could do in this case is give Chespin to Shauna and make her a temporary Dexholder but then have her give the Dex and the starter to an actual Dexholder. Similar to what Bianca did.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 6th October 2013 at 11:31 PM.

But then you also have to consider who fills in the rival Dexholder role and gets the last starter (most likely Chespin in Generation VI). If Generation VI does the same thing as Generation V and makes two sequel games instead of a third version, then we'll still be in a similar situation as we are in right now. The rival Dexholder could be filled in by one of the sequel protagonists and get Chespin but then what will the fourth Dexholder get?

EDIT: oh sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough. I don't know too much about what they're doing with the X&Y rivals right now. So really? Shauna is the only one of the infinite amount of rivals who gets starters? Though if that's the case, since Shauna will probably still be named Shauna in the manga, I don't think she'll be a Dexholder. What they could do in this case is give Chespin to Shauna and make her a temporary Dexholder but then have her give the Dex and the starter to an actual Dexholder. Similar to what Bianca did.
    I'm not sure what they'd do. Tierno and Trevor don't seem to have Starters right now, but we can't really be sure, the games aren't out yet. All I hope for is the Dexholder girls get better treatment then the BW Dexholder girls. I hope White and Whi-Two can shine in volume format but we'll see. It's hard to say which direction we're going in. For now I'm just speculating possible personality traits of the characters. Whether Shauna remains Shauna or a actual Dexholder, also is up in question. She'll probably be another Wally that gets demoted

I do not think no has the starter will let to Whi-two become Yellow. Taking into account all Unova holders have the same dex version.

One thing is for sure and that is that it will be easier for Kusaka to feature all new Pokemon..
    Although we have Megas now..

Kusaka managed to somewhat keep the naming tradition in BW2 (at least for the playable characters). I highly doubt he will stop it. Actually, it might be quite easy for him. Instead of writing "X" and "Y", he will just use the katakana for the pronunciation, and so we get "Ekkusu" and "Wai"

That's all that's needed.

Though the initial culprit of the naming tradition is Game Freak themselves, they didn't give Red and Green a name. Then in Gold&Silver, they WERE actually called Red and Green. Then Ethan didn't receive a name until Gen IV, and Silver still has no name, and so does Crystal since Lyra is a new character altogether. Blue also has no name.

Kusaka just decided to be OCD and give every main character the name of a version.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

If the current leaks/rumours are anything to go by, Shauna might really get the third starter since apparently she trades the player the basic form of her starter after the credits. The writers could very well give this to Z (I guess if there's a third game, it will be Z since that's the initial of the leaked 3rd legendary). I personally feel that the small amount of new Pokemon (and seemingly moves) in XY gives the writers some room to breathe, since they aren't pressed to feature so many things when they still have a truckload of BW moves to showcase.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    If the current leaks/rumours are anything to go by, Shauna might really get the third starter since apparently she trades the player the basic form of her starter after the credits. The writers could very well give this to Z (I guess if there's a third game, it will be Z since that's the initial of the leaked 3rd legendary). I personally feel that the small amount of new Pokemon (and seemingly moves) in XY gives the writers some room to breathe, since they aren't pressed to feature so many things when they still have a truckload of BW moves to showcase.

Coronis~
    Yeah, I totally expect Shauna to be this chapters "Wally" I do hope the XY series will be good. I hope it's not just X/Calem and Y/Serena traveling together alone though. I kinda hope as unlikely as it is, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno join them as unlikely as that is, simply because of the numbers and there will probably be a love story in this one bigger then Black and White's crush. I hope they don't just copy the games and they do something more original with the story this time around.

In this games, Shauna and Serena/Calem seem to have a lot of scenes. I don't know how about Tierno and Trevor, but I think it is difficult to Kusaka ignore Shauna's plot.

Spoiler:- XY plot:

Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    What? We have people named Yellow, Gold, Black, White, N... and people think X and Y are weird names? Please.
    Ya... That's true. Unless the newest versions are something like................ Ok forget that XD.

Need help in Golden Sun/ Golden Sun: The Lost Age? I'm good for questions. Just nothing past the Kraken in Golden Sun. I'm stuck on it.
    I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    One thing is for sure and that is that it will be easier for Kusaka to feature all new Pokemon..
    Although we have Megas now..
    Heyyyyyy Mega in manga......................... I wanna see that.

Need help in Golden Sun/ Golden Sun: The Lost Age? I'm good for questions. Just nothing past the Kraken in Golden Sun. I'm stuck on it.
    I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    In this games, Shauna and Serena/Calem seem to have a lot of scenes. I don't know how about Tierno and Trevor, but I think it is difficult to Kusaka ignore Shauna's plot.

Spoiler:- XY plot:
    Yes but remember that Kusaka sometimes doesn't follow the games' starter formats to follow his own tradition. Two instances: if Brendan is the playable character in Generation III, then May gets the starter that is strong against his starter. Ruby was the main character with Sapphire as his rival and he chose Mudkip. Sapphire would have chosen Treeko if Kusaka followed the games but she chose Torchic instead so that the starter-type cycle can continue. The second instance is where in the BW chapter, Black chose Tepig but Cheren chose Snivy and Bianca chose Oshawott when in the games Cheren and Bianca would switch. The only purpose to that, the way I saw it, was just to suit the characters with the Pokemon that best suited their trainers' personalities but since Cheren and Bianca weren't Dexholders I don't see how this would have made a difference in the long run. This can happen in the X & Y chapter. X (I'll just call Calem "X" and Selena "Y" for now) will probably choose Froakie but Kusaka can make it so that the starter cycle can continue so he gives Y Fennekin (imo, Delphox suits the female character best anyways, looking at the dress) and Shauna gets Chespin (but I'm gonna predict that she'll give Chespin as well as her Dex, if she gets one, to the rival Dexholder character).

Yes but remember that Kusaka sometimes doesn't follow the games' starter formats to follow his own tradition. Two instances: if Brendan is the playable character in Generation III, then May gets the starter that is strong against his starter. Ruby was the main character with Sapphire as his rival and he chose Mudkip. Sapphire would have chosen Treeko if Kusaka followed the games but she chose Torchic instead so that the starter-type cycle can continue. The second instance is where in the BW chapter, Black chose Tepig but Cheren chose Snivy and Bianca chose Oshawott when in the games Cheren and Bianca would switch. The only purpose to that, the way I saw it, was just to suit the characters with the Pokemon that best suited their trainers' personalities but since Cheren and Bianca weren't Dexholders I don't see how this would have made a difference in the long run. This can happen in the X & Y chapter. X (I'll just call Calem "X" and Selena "Y" for now) will probably choose Froakie but Kusaka can make it so that the starter cycle can continue so he gives Y Fennekin (imo, Delphox suits the female character best anyways, looking at the dress) and Shauna gets Chespin (but I'm gonna predict that she'll give Chespin as well as her Dex, if she gets one, to the rival Dexholder character).
    But wouldn't Shauna be the rival character? I mean there really is no rival character not counting Calem/Serena and they're more then likely going to be the main boy and girl.
    Personally I hope it's Calem/X, Serena/Y, Shauna, as the ones that get the Dexholders. Trevor and Tierno have pretty much been confirmed not to get any starters so if anything maybe you could give them the Kanto Starters and just explain that Red, Green, and Blue bread their Pokemon (under Gold's watch XD) and maybe donated the offsprings at Oak's request to Kalos so they could be studied? I don't know, sounds strange but maybe it could work and would be a easy way to reference Red and the gang.

But wouldn't Shauna be the rival character? I mean there really is no rival character not counting Calem/Serena and they're more then likely going to be the main boy and girl.
    Personally I hope it's Calem/X, Serena/Y, Shauna, as the ones that get the Dexholders. Trevor and Tierno have pretty much been confirmed not to get any starters so if anything maybe you could give them the Kanto Starters and just explain that Red, Green, and Blue bread their Pokemon (under Gold's watch XD) and maybe donated the offsprings at Oak's request to Kalos so they could be studied? I don't know, sounds strange but maybe it could work and would be a easy way to reference Red and the gang.
    Yes but then there lies the problem that Shauna isn't named after a game. And don't shoot me for saying this but it's unfortunately true that Kusaka tends to give the Wally-treatment to rivals who don't fit the bill of being a main-character rival just because they aren't named after a game. Look at Wally, Cheren, Bianca and Hugh. They were perfect candidates to be main characters, with Wally even being planned to become one and Cheren and Bianca initially receiving Dexes and starters but just because they weren't named after game names, they didn't become main characters. So unless Shauna gets another name that is hidden until the third version/sequels come out, which I highly doubt, she will probably get the Wally treatment.

And as for a possible candidate for the rival Dexholder, if we get another pair of sequels Kusaka can do the same thing he did for the B2W2 chapter (or what I think he did, it's not too clear as of now) and make the main male character of the sequel the "rival" Dexholder and give him Chespin while the female main character can be the fourth wheel like Yellow and Whi-Two are. Or if we get a third version, then it will make things much easier for Kusaka as he can just make an original character and name that character whatever the third version is called (of course, given that Calem and Serena are once again the playable characters of the third version).
    Last edited by Macromind101; 10th October 2013 at 9:11 PM.

Yes but then there lies the problem that Shauna isn't named after a game. And don't shoot me for saying this but it's unfortunately true that Kusaka tends to give the Wally-treatment to rivals who don't fit the bill of being a main-character rival just because they aren't named after a game. Look at Wally, Cheren, Bianca and Hugh. They were perfect candidates to be main characters, with Wally even being planned to become one and Cheren and Bianca initially receiving Dexes and starters but just because they weren't named after game names, they didn't become main characters. So unless Shauna gets another name that is hidden until the third version/sequels come out, which I highly doubt, she will probably get the Wally treatment.

And as for a possible candidate for the rival Dexholder, if we get another pair of sequels Kusaka can do the same thing he did for the B2W2 chapter (or what I think he did, it's not too clear as of now) and make the main male character of the sequel the "rival" Dexholder and give him Chespin while the female main character can be the fourth wheel like Yellow and Whi-Two are. Or if we get a third version, then it will make things much easier for Kusaka as he can just make an original character and name that character whatever the third version is called (of course, given that Calem and Serena are once again the playable characters of the third version).
    The sequel thing is the one I don't want to happen, in fact I'd actually hate to see a repeat of what's happening with BW. Whi-Two is based on Rosa and therefore a playable character and has just as much a right to own a starter and Pokedex as Lack-two does, yet it looks like she's going to be even more secondary then White was. She should not be a "fourth wheel" she's a actually game character unlike Yellow. If they go back to BW sequel style then use the girl and make the boy be the "fourth wheel" and it sucks because I find the girls more interesting in BW. White's Pokemon Agency was such a interesting idea, I much preferred it over Black's generic Pokemon League and I find Whi-Two's former Team Plasma thing more engaging then Lack-Two's agent thing, however I will say Lack-Two's secret agent story is pretty cool and not at all generic...unlike Pokemon Leagues.

I'm not trying to vent my anger out on you, I'm just frustrated with Whi-Two's lack of, whatever in BW2. She should not be the fourth wheel.

The sequel thing is the one I don't want to happen, in fact I'd actually hate to see a repeat of what's happening with BW. Whi-Two is based on Rosa and therefore a playable character and has just as much a right to own a starter and Pokedex as Lack-two does, yet it looks like she's going to be even more secondary then White was. She should not be a "fourth wheel" she's a actually game character unlike Yellow. If they go back to BW sequel style then use the girl and make the boy be the "fourth wheel" and it sucks because I find the girls more interesting in BW. White's Pokemon Agency was such a interesting idea, I much preferred it over Black's generic Pokemon League and I find Whi-Two's former Team Plasma thing more engaging then Lack-Two's agent thing, however I will say Lack-Two's secret agent story is pretty cool and not at all generic...unlike Pokemon Leagues.

I'm not trying to vent my anger out on you, I'm just frustrated with Whi-Two's lack of, whatever in BW2. She should not be the fourth wheel.
    I don't really have an opinion on the roles of female characters. Kusaka definitely puts more emphasis on the male characters, though, I'll give you that. He seems to give the male characters the playable character roles from the games; for example, Ruby was Norman's child which was the role given to the playable character. It would have been nice to see White get some more action, though. The biggest pet peeve I had about the BW chapter was that Kusaka heavily favored Black version over White version by making Team Plasma be about ideals over truths and giving N Zekrom. And that was because Black was the male character, thus the main main character. Letting White have the opportunity to fight with Zekrom would have been nice but at this point I don't think that will even happen as fulfilling the role of the Black 2 version playable character, Lack-Two will probably get Zekrom. But maybe White was successful with Musicals off-screen between BW and B2W2? We already know that she's some sort of admin in PokeStar studios so Musicals have had to be a success at some point.

And being the "fourth wheel" does not mean that the character is completely useless. Heck, Yellow got a chapter all to herself and she always appeared amongst the Kanto Dexholders, even when her appearing was not that necessary (talking about the FRLG arc). I'm just saying that it would be better if Whi-Two didn't get a starter because all the other starters are taken and it would completely annihilate the traditions that Kusaka went through great lengths to uphold if Whi-Two got a starter as well, one that someone else, a main character of the same region already owns. Whi-Two can be an important character without a starter. She already has a Pokedex and she already has an interesting backstory (one of the most interesting amongst the female characters, imo) and she has the potential to be a great character. If the only thing that she lacks is a starter (and mind you, it's for the greater cause which is traditions) then I don't see it as a huge problem. And I already suggested that Whi-Two can get the elemental monkeys which are "pseudo-starters" in some respect, as in BW, the type of monkey you got was dependent on which starter you chose and it was strongly suggested that you put it in your main team as both of your rivals used them as well.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 10th October 2013 at 10:34 PM.

I don't really have an opinion on the roles of female characters. Kusaka definitely puts more emphasis on the male characters, though, I'll give you that. He seems to give the male characters the playable character roles from the games; for example, Ruby was Norman's child which was the role given to the playable character. It would have been nice to see White get some more action, though. The biggest pet peeve I had about the BW chapter was that Kusaka heavily favored Black version over White version by making Team Plasma be about ideals over truths and giving N Zekrom. And that was because Black was the male character, thus the main main character. Letting White have the opportunity to fight with Zekrom would have been nice but at this point I don't think that will even happen as fulfilling the role of the Black 2 version playable character, Lack-Two will probably get Zekrom. But maybe White was successful with Musicals off-screen between BW and B2W2? We already know that she's some sort of admin in PokeStar studios so Musicals have had to be a success at some point.

And being the "fourth wheel" does not mean that the character is completely useless. Heck, Yellow got a chapter all to herself and she always appeared amongst the Kanto Dexholders, even when her appearing was not that necessary (talking about the FRLG arc). I'm just saying that it would be better if Whi-Two didn't get a starter because all the other starters are taken and it would completely annihilate the traditions that Kusaka went through great lengths to uphold if Whi-Two got a starter as well, one that someone else, a main character of the same region already owns. Whi-Two can be an important character without a starter. She already has a Pokedex and she already has an interesting backstory (one of the most interesting amongst the female characters, imo) and she has the potential to be a great character. If the only thing that she lacks is a starter (and mind you, it's for the greater cause which is traditions) then I don't see it as a huge problem. And I already suggested that Whi-Two can get the elemental monkeys which are "pseudo-starters" in some respect, as in BW, the type of monkey you got was dependent on which starter you chose and it was strongly suggested that you put it in your main team as both of your rivals used them as well.
    Yellow has a Pikachu, the starter of the Yellow version game, and Red has a Pikachu as well, so that's already two characters with two of the same starter even if Pikachu wasn't a starter at the time Red got one. Yellow still owns the Yellow version starter without question. In order for the tradition to continue, Whi-Two would have to get a starter that Black owns just like with Yellow and Red, if we're being real about this tradition thing.

Yellow has a Pikachu, the starter of the Yellow version game, and Red has a Pikachu as well, so that's already two characters with two of the same starter even if Pikachu wasn't a starter at the time Red got one. Yellow still owns the Yellow version starter without question. In order for the tradition to continue, Whi-Two would have to get a starter that Black owns just like with Yellow and Red, if we're being real about this tradition thing.
    Okay, let's just say that Lack-Two is the male protagonist of the second Unova cycle and Whi-Two is the female character of that cycle. Who will be the rival Dexholder, then? It wouldn't exactly work out without someone to fill in for the rival Dexholder. The tradition would continue the best way if Lack-Two would be considered the rival Dexholder since he has the water-type of Unova.

And plus, I really want for Serena/Y to own Fennekin. Its evolutionary line continues to befit the female character the way I see it. It's not every day when you get a fire-type starter that seems to suit a female character. I don't really think that pig fits a female character. If the starter tradition was to recycle within Unova, then Serena/Y would get Froakie. And I don't really think that the ninja frog really befits the female Dexholder. But that's just me.

Okay, let's just say that Lack-Two is the male protagonist of the second Unova cycle and Whi-Two is the female character of that cycle. Who will be the rival Dexholder, then? It wouldn't exactly work out without someone to fill in for the rival Dexholder. The tradition would continue the best way if Lack-Two would be considered the rival Dexholder since he has the water-type of Unova.

And plus, I really want for Serena/Y to own Fennekin. Its evolutionary line continues to befit the female character the way I see it. It's not every day when you get a fire-type starter that seems to suit a female character. I don't really think that pig fits a female character. If the starter tradition was to recycle within Unova, then Serena/Y would get Froakie. And I don't really think that the ninja frog really befits the female Dexholder. But that's just me.
    I'll answer the first one after I address that Fennekin/Froakie comment. Really? You think Serena/Y couldn't have a Greninja? This is one thing I never understand about Pokemon fans, what does "fitting" a character mean? What does "This Pokemon suits him way more then it suits her" mean? Any Pokemon can suit any trainer. There's no stereotype in the game. In the game Serena's avatar can have the most ugly Pokemon on the planet. Why does PokeSpecial have to follow the exact same stereotype? I'm not saying Fennekin doesn't look good with her but it's stuff like this that makes me want the girl to get Pokemon that don't match her because it breaks that image everyone is going to put her in. Are we that stuck in stereotypes that females always have to have female Pokemon? Was Blastoise a female Pokemon? I thought Venusaur was more girly looking. Empoleon is certainly not a girls Pokemon either.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast