Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

Interested to see if Bridgette will get into XY since she's in Pokemon Bank. I remember she was in RSE special but only for a brief time.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Bridgette? As in the PC editor of Hoenn?
    If that's not hinting at a remake, I don't know what is.
        Spoiler:- Bugs:

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Interested to see if Bridgette will get into XY since she's in Pokemon Bank. I remember she was in RSE special but only for a brief time.
    Maybe we'll see her when they get to Camphrier Town along with Cassius.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnidae View Post
    Bridgette? As in the PC editor of Hoenn?
    If that's not hinting at a remake, I don't know what is.

Brigette. And no, she doesn't run the PC in Hoenn. That's her sister, Lanette.

has the release date been set for this manga or any new information about it?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Maybe we'll see her when they get to Camphrier Town along with Cassius.

Brigette. And no, she doesn't run the PC in Hoenn. That's her sister, Lanette.
    BUT she is the man Character of Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire
    Sorry for my bad English D:

Quote Originally Posted by Amphyclaw View Post
    BUT she is the man Character of Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire
    Yes, and what does that have to do with what I said?

Guys, I formed a theory about what will happen in the next games. This time I'm breaking my rule of only using Japanese names so that I don't have use parenthesis all the time.
        Spoiler:- long text theory:

So, if this thing of going to G7 and then back to Kalos turns out correct, how do you think this will affect SPECIAL? Specially with who receives Fennekin?

Also, completely unrelated, by there's one thing I thought: What if AZ's size is nothing special? In the past there were actual giant men, about 3m (9ft) tall. Maybe AZ being a giant is a reference to that, and may be the reason why this is never explained in the games. Do you think SPECIAL will actually mention the ancient giant men when talking about AZ?

EDIT (March 5, 2014): I added a part of my theory I forgot to type before.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 5th March 2014 at 9:37 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

The characters names are X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    The characters names are X and Y
    Yes, and we've been talking about it for months now.

Guys, I was thinking. Kusaka seems like he wants to go back to the manga's roots and have many deviations from the games. Well, he created Thu-Fi-Zer, right? What if he creates manga-only Mega Evolutions for the Kalos Starters? Like, Mega Brigarron (Chesnaught) K? "K", from "Kusaka", being meant to give a differentiation from a possible Mega Brigarron to come in a future game.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

No, that would just be du- Okay, that does actually sound really cool. I'm actually disappointed that there wasn't any Mega Evolutions for the Kalos starters in the XY games. Kusaka has the power to fix it in his world and it would be quite awesome.

Part of the reason why Mega Evolutions exist are to give relevance to old Pokemon.

Giving them to the newer ones so early would defeat the entire point.

And I doubt Kusaka is allowed to have that kind of freedom now.

Well, yeah, but they could have at least thrown a little bone and gave us Mega Evolutions for Kalos starters. How many people boxed their starter after Lumiose City because they knew that they were going to be using their Kanto starter just for the benefits of Mega Evolution? Hell, why didn't they just give you the option of Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur at the start of the game instead. (/irrelevant rant)

And I don't see why they would take away any freedom from Kusaka. He got away with "Thu-Fi-Zer" long, long ago. If they didn't say "no" to that, then how could they say no to another relatively-harmless idea from the same writer 50+ volumes later?

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Well, yeah, but they could have at least thrown a little bone and gave us Mega Evolutions for Kalos starters. How many people boxed their starter after Lumiose City because they knew that they were going to be using their Kanto starter just for the benefits of Mega Evolution? Hell, why didn't they just give you the option of Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur at the start of the game instead. (/irrelevant rant)

And I don't see why they would take away any freedom from Kusaka. He got away with "Thu-Fi-Zer" long, long ago. If they didn't say "no" to that, then how could they say no to another relatively-harmless idea from the same writer 50+ volumes later?
    Since Thu-Fi-Zer still are Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Well, Mega Chesnaught is still Chesnaught. In fact, probably closer than Thu-Fi-Zer was to Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres.

Anybody think Team Plasma visited Kalos to investigate the origin of Genesect and brought it over to Unova to resurrect it from beyond the fossil era? If it was rumored to have been in Glittering Cave, perhaps it was originally a Kalos Pokemon from ancient times, brought over to Unova and upgraded to a machine. Makes sense with Colress. Wonder how this will involve with the XY manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Well, Mega Chesnaught is still Chesnaught. In fact, probably closer than Thu-Fi-Zer was to Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres.
    I would not mind Mega Evoultions exclusive to the Manga but i highly doubt it will happen..

About mega evolution, I think that the Pokémon may mega evolve in the future:

Professor Sycamore's Kanto starter Pokémons.

Celosia's Manectric

Mable's Houndoom

Lysandre's Gyarados

Diantha's Gardevoir

Red's Venusaur, Aerodactyl, Gyarados

Green's Charizard, Scizor

Blue's Blastoise

Sapphire's Blaziken, Aggron

Cynthia's Garchomp

Sird's Banette

Mewtwo

Latios, Latias

Maybe Y will get a Absol

And the mega Pokémon have appeared already:

X's Kangaskhan

Korrina's Lucario

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post

Celosia's Manectric

Mable's Houndoom

Lysandre's Gyarados

Diantha's Gardevoir

Blue's Blastoise

Cynthia's Garchomp

Sird's Banette

Mewtwo

Latios, Latias

Maybe Y will get a Absol

X's Kangaskhan

Korrina's Lucario

Isn't that just all the main characters who have a pokemon that can mega evolve? I doubt there will be that many cuz mega evos are rare in the manga. And highly doubt Celosia and Mable cuz they didn't have mega evos in the games too
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!
    Get yours from

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post

Celosia's Manectric

Mable's Houndoom

Lysandre's Gyarados

Diantha's Gardevoir

Blue's Blastoise

Cynthia's Garchomp

Sird's Banette

Mewtwo

Latios, Latias

Maybe Y will get a Absol

X's Kangaskhan

Korrina's Lucario

That's basically a list of Pokemon able to Mega Evolve and trainers that have the Pokemon. With Mega Evolution being so secret I don't see all those characters getting Megas. Diantha, Lysandre, and possibly Sycamore. But characters like Sird and Cynthia? That's stretching it. Even the Kanto Dexholders probably have a higher chance then those two.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    That's basically a list of Pokemon able to Mega Evolve and trainers that have the Pokemon. With Mega Evolution being so secret I don't see all those characters getting Megas. Diantha, Lysandre, and possibly Sycamore. But characters like Sird and Cynthia? That's stretching it. Even the Kanto Dexholders probably have a higher chance then those two.
    It is worth noting that unlike the games, here Team Flare is actively after the secrets of Mega Evolution, going after both X and Gurkin. I guess they want the power for themselves, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the Team Flare scientists eventually figure out how to activate it. Of course, since I doubt that they'd bother really bonding with their Pokemon (seeing how they're evil), maybe they'd unnaturally force the issue, like Shadow Pokemon or something.
    Where'd I put my mallet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheViolentTomboy View Post
    It is worth noting that unlike the games, here Team Flare is actively after the secrets of Mega Evolution, going after both X and Gurkin. I guess they want the power for themselves, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the Team Flare scientists eventually figure out how to activate it. Of course, since I doubt that they'd bother really bonding with their Pokemon (seeing how they're evil), maybe they'd unnaturally force the issue, like Shadow Pokemon or something.
    That's true. I can see some getting Megas. I was mainly talking about the characters not in XY's storyline like the old Dexholders and Sird. Now since the Dexholders are the senior main characters, they probably have more going for them over a Sird or Cynthia, but even them appear isn't likely. But again, I could see another flashback with Green studying in Kalos with Sycamore and they discover Mega Charizard...whichever one. Kinda like the Rhyperior with Green and Silver.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Charizard does have two mega forms, so maybe Green could at least make a cameo. The games did mention that his game counterpart Blue was in Kalos for research.

So, a part of my crazy theory about the next games was confirmed, though not in the order I thought. How do you think this will affect PokéSpeXY? The biggest thing I see is Fokko's line not getting panel time, unless Esprit or someone in Team Flare uses it for a while. I mean, they are Team Flare.
    The other, highly unlikely scenario, is that Kusaka will go "Ah, whatever" and give a Pokédex to Sana or someone else.

Also, I hope Mega Evolutions become public at the end of XY, because if not, how will future Protagonists get them if they are secret? It would be highly unlikely for other people to give them Mega Rings/Gloves/Earrings/Hats/Suspenders/Shirts/Eye Lens/Goggles/Underwear if all Mega Evolution comes from Concombre, unless there are Mega gurus elsewhere.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718