Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

Xavier seems to be the popular boy's name... But on the starter thing, Chespin goes to the protagonist, Fennekin to the rival, and Froakie to the female/tertiary character.

At least if Kusaka keeps a pattern.
    Last edited by Orbis; 11th January 2013 at 6:57 PM.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

I don't get why Kusaka needs to make names up.

If he can't use the game's title for a name, then there's a simple solution: use the in-game names. (Which, by the way, will probably not use an X and Y theme since no game has ever done that.)

If Hugh becomes an official Dex Holder, then the pattern is already destroyed enough as it is.

I don't get why Kusaka needs to make names up.

If he can't use the game's title for a name, then there's a simple solution: use the in-game names. (Which, by the way, will probably not use an X and Y theme since no game has ever done that.)

If Hugh becomes an official Dex Holder, then the pattern is already destroyed enough as it is.
    The XY theme was just a creative idea. He'll probably end up going with the in-game names. It would be nice for him to take a more unique route, however.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Kusaka already ended HG&SS and B&W, he says he is excited to star working on B2&W2 and X&Y

dunno about the names, hope they just keep it X and Y, tradition people D: xD

And what about the adaptation of the previous games? Should he name the protagonists Black2 and White2 to keep up with tradition?
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by franticdude View Post
    Kusaka already ended HG&SS and B&W, he says he is excited to star working on B2&W2 and X&Y

BW is not done yet. We still have some action left. Maybe at least 20 more rounds..hopefully. Just to make it as long as the previous main chapters.

Guess we will have to wait if there is a single rival or double rivals like the last time :P I like Xander, or Xavier. For girl, how about Yvone?
    Love All, Trust A Few, Do Wrong To None

I have no idea for the girl's name... I like Yasmine, though.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Quote Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
    I have no idea for the girl's name... I like Yasmine, though.
    Yasmine would be awesome but i wonder what the boy would be called?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Yasmine would be awesome but i wonder what the boy would be called?
    Probably Xavier. And the third dex holder could be Zane or Zena.

We only have the names of the versions, the starters and the version mascot Legendaries. I'm not going to speculate much with this information, but here's something.

Personally, I don't think they're going to change the tradition for PokéSpe just because the names are like that. They'll come up with something to explain it, or just leave it there. I like the agent idea because of the player's sunglasses and version names, but I'm not sure if Kusaka would pick such an "easy" route.

I would like there to be more new manga than there was in Generation V. Especially manga that has several volumes and original story. RéBURST was the only new series with multiple volumes in Gen V. Then there were three one-shot volumes (or four if Phantom Thief! Pokémon V will be a one-shot volume), and four or five titles that never got collected into volume format. Come on, Gen IV had a much better score. I've been reading DPA! for a while, and I like the story and art, so I wish Shigekatsu Ihara would make a new series for Generation VI.

Xavier seems to be the popular boy's name... But on the starter thing, Chespin goes to the protagonist, Fennekin to the rival, and Froakie to the female/tertiary character.

At least if Kusaka keeps a pattern.
    Um, no...if Kusaka keeps the pattern, then Chespin will go to the rival, Fennekin will go to the female character and Froakie will go to the male protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    Personally, I don't think they're going to change the tradition for PokéSpe just because the names are like that. They'll come up with something to explain it, or just leave it there. I like the agent idea because of the player's sunglasses and version names, but I'm not sure if Kusaka would pick such an "easy" route.
    Yeah I agree, how Kusaka handled Hugh proved that if he ran out of games to name main characters after, then he would just use the default name. What I think will happen for the main characters in Generation VI is that they will have "real" names which will be their default game names but they will have codenames (kinda like Yellow's I guess, remember that Yellow isn't her real name) which will be X and Y. N showed that a single letter name is not too ridiculous (and it's not even his real name anyway) so I don't see any problems with calling the main characters X and Y. And furthermore, I suspect that the main characters will be introduced as X and Y and their "real" names won't be revealed until later (like, halfway or three quarters into the first chapter like Platina's) and even after the revelations of their real names they will still be called X and Y by other characters so they will still be listed as X and Y on wikis and character bios.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 12th January 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Um, no...if Kusaka keeps the pattern, then Chespin will go to the rival, Fennekin will go to the female character and Froakie will go to the male protagonist.

Yeah I agree, how Kusaka handled Hugh proved that if he ran out of games to name main characters after, then he would just use the default name. What I think will happen for the main characters in Generation VI is that they will have "real" names which will be their default game names but they will have codenames (kinda like Yellow's I guess, remember that Yellow isn't her real name) which will be X and Y. N showed that a single letter name is not too ridiculous (and it's not even his real name anyway) so I don't see any problems with calling the main characters X and Y. And furthermore, I suspect that the main characters will be introduced as X and Y and their "real" names won't be revealed until later (like, halfway or three quarters into the first chapter like Platina's) and even after the revelations of their real names they will still be called X and Y by other characters so they will still be listed as X and Y on wikis and character bios.
    Since when isn't Yellow her real name?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I think he means that it's Amarillo. But it's yellow in Spanish...

Yellow is her real name taken from the beginning of her original full name.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    PokeSpe isn't the only Pokemon manga. There's certainly going to be smaller one-shot manga series.

When it comes to PokeSpe, I can see B2W2 being a small chapter (as in the same size or even smaller than HGSS). If B2W2 hasn't wrecked Kusaka's naming scheme, XY certainly will. If I was him, I would name the characters with names starting with "X" and "Y", if that's even possible.
    Xavier. Ye.. Ya... Yu... Yumi? =P

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

I think he means that it's Amarillo. But it's yellow in Spanish...
    Pretty sure that's only a code name.

Hell, in the Japanese version, she uses "Yellow De Tokiwa Grove."

Pretty sure that's only a code name.

Hell, in the Japanese version, she uses "Yellow De Tokiwa Grove."
    Oh, I thought Yellow was her code name and her nickname used by her friends later on and Amarillo de Viridian blah blah blah was her real name.

...genderbending in my X and Y manga?

/killed

Well in anycase, I don't think we need to worry too much about the naming thing. :P xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Maybe X and Y will be nicknames that they'll use. I call my sis M sometimes. It's my private nickname for her.

Next chapter will be epic

I like to see Romance like ''Kirito x Asuna'' (Sword art online) between the Male & Female Protagonist in Pokemon X & Y chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I like to see Romance like ''Kirito x Asuna'' (Sword art online) between the Male & Female Protagonist in Pokemon X & Y chapter.
    you can read pokespe ruby and sapphire chapter
    they include some romance there between ruby and sapphire but idk you like like that or not
    and yeah i want lil bit romance in X Y manga
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    you can read pokespe ruby and sapphire chapter
    they include some romance there between ruby and sapphire but idk you like like that or not
    and yeah i want lil bit romance in X Y manga
    Ruby & Sapphire isn't like Kirito & Asuna.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Ruby & Sapphire isn't like Kirito & Asuna.
    But Ruby & Sapphire are already adult in B2W2 (and Red & Yellow, etc.)...... you know.

We even have a couple Black & White is developing...... yes.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 14th January 2013 at 2:48 PM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast