Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 449

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    I like to see Romance like ''Kirito x Asuna'' (Sword art online) between the Male & Female Protagonist in Pokemon X & Y chapter.
    No. We don't need pointless romance in this series.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    No. We don't need pointless romance in this series.
    How about a romance with a point in the series?
    ...
    What?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    How about a romance with a point in the series?
    ...
    What?
    That sounds... vague.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    But Ruby & Sapphire are already adult in B2W2 (and Red & Yellow, etc.)...... you know.
    Based on what, exactly? There's absolutely nothing that states (or even implies) how much time has passed between RS and B2W2.

    I like to see Romance like ''Kirito x Asuna'' (Sword art online) between the Male & Female Protagonist in Pokemon X & Y chapter.
    Look at "Sword Art Online" and then look at PokeSpe. Two entirely different beasts. Just because romance "works" in the former doesn't mean that it's going to "work" in the latter.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Based on what, exactly? There's absolutely nothing that states (or even implies) how much time has passed between RS and B2W2.
    HGSS after Emerald 3 years later, and B2W2 after BW 2 years later.

    So unless HGSS to BW less than a year otherwise they will be adult...... it seems that no difference XD
    Last edited by e9310103838; 16th January 2013 at 3:52 AM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I would like to see a brother and sister relationship between X and Y..Maybe Y (Male) could be into Skateboarding and Rollerblading and generally act as a cool dude . While X (Female) is kind, caring and very passive..she hates fighting but knows she has to fight to protect her self..
    I'd rather they stay away from old fashioned stereo types, having an unrealistically passive girl in a new series would bog it down with too much.
    As well as give less things for female readers to relate to in the series.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer kun View Post
    I'd rather they stay away from old fashioned stereo types, having an unrealistically passive girl in a new series would bog it down with too much.
    As well as give less things for female readers to relate to in the series.
    What stereotypes? So far almost every Dexholder and other characters are different from each other. If there is a gloomy girl with no personality as a Dexholder, then how will she get the willpower to save her region from whatever evil there will be?

    As for the second comment, that wouldn't be a very smart move because (please don't hate on me for saying this) female readers of this manga make up a somewhat small portion of the audience compared to male readers and if no female reader can relate to the female character, then if anything that will decrease the audience even further. I don't know about everyone else but in my opinion one thing I like about female characters is that they have their own unique personality and the diversity can reach out to females of all kinds but they are similar in that they fit the description of "heroine" (I'm a guy, though, so I can't speak for girls).

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    What stereotypes? So far almost every Dexholder and other characters are different from each other. If there is a gloomy girl with no personality as a Dexholder, then how will she get the willpower to save her region from whatever evil there will be?
    I think he means stereotypes in general. Like how boys are typically portrayed as cool with the skateboarding and rollerblading crap while the girls are portrayed as "cutesy" with that kind, caring and passive crap.

    HGSS after Emerald 3 years later, and B2W2 after BW 2 years later.

    So unless HGSS to BW less than a year otherwise they will be adult...... it seems that no difference XD
    For all we know, there could be less than a year's gap between HGSS and BW. The only link between Gen IV and V (so far) is the presence of Looker and his assignment to Unova at the end of Platinum hints that there isn't much of a time gap between DPPt and BW, let alone HGSS. While PokeSpe is great when it comes to relative timelines (the Emerald and DPPt chapters prove this) the big picture crap is just too ambiguous. I wish Kusaka would give some sort of information regarding the time between HGSS and BW.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I think he means stereotypes in general. Like how boys are typically portrayed as cool with the skateboarding and rollerblading crap while the girls are portrayed as "cutesy" with that kind, caring and passive crap.



    For all we know, there could be less than a year's gap between HGSS and BW. The only link between Gen IV and V (so far) is the presence of Looker and his assignment to Unova at the end of Platinum hints that there isn't much of a time gap between DPPt and BW, let alone HGSS. While PokeSpe is great when it comes to relative timelines (the Emerald and DPPt chapters prove this) the big picture crap is just too ambiguous. I wish Kusaka would give some sort of information regarding the time between HGSS and BW.
    The only male Dexholder who represents the image you made is Gold. All the other male characters have some different personality that is unique to them (Red fits the video game protagonist stereotype minus the silence in my opinion). And don't be so sure that all female Dexholders are like the image you created. Look at Sapphire. Platinum has almost no personality, really, compared to the others.

    I strongly suspect that when Looker was assigned the Plasma assignment, it was around the time period that Ghetsis was still assembling minions and giving the other sages their roles, like the BW2 prologue. In the games my hint of the big time gap between Generations IV and V is the son of the ex-Rocket grunt in Iccurus City (he could talk so he had to be at least five, and then add on the years it took to meet, get married and the pregnancy process). But the hint of a big time gap in the manga is Caitlin. She looks MUCH younger in Platinum than in BW. She was 14 in Platinum and in BW she looks like she's around 18 or in her 20's. And also think about the mentioned problems with her psychic abilities. In Platinum it was stated that she had trouble controlling her emotions which would lead to a psychic destruction which was why the butler battled in her place. In BW it's clear that she was able to overcome that problem as seen by her ability to control her powers with ease. It had to take some years to perfect that. And also I'm pretty sure one does not get to be an Elite Four member in a couple days (but then again she was a Frontier Brain so I guess she didn't start from scratch).

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I think he means stereotypes in general. Like how boys are typically portrayed as cool with the skateboarding and rollerblading crap while the girls are portrayed as "cutesy" with that kind, caring and passive crap.



    For all we know, there could be less than a year's gap between HGSS and BW. The only link between Gen IV and V (so far) is the presence of Looker and his assignment to Unova at the end of Platinum hints that there isn't much of a time gap between DPPt and BW, let alone HGSS. While PokeSpe is great when it comes to relative timelines (the Emerald and DPPt chapters prove this) the big picture crap is just too ambiguous. I wish Kusaka would give some sort of information regarding the time between HGSS and BW.
    I also hope we get a timeline information thing. We need a Pokespecial/Adventures official timeline chart for the series. I would certainly welcome one.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    The only male Dexholder who represents the image you made is Gold. All the other male characters have some different personality that is unique to them (Red fits the video game protagonist stereotype minus the silence in my opinion). And don't be so sure that all female Dexholders are like the image you created. Look at Sapphire. Platinum has almost no personality, really, compared to the others.
    I didn't say that the Dexholders fit those stereotypes. I was just talking Malcolm Belmont and Kaizer Kun's posts about the XY characters and relations to gender stereotypes in general.

    In the games my hint of the big time gap between Generations IV and V is the son of the ex-Rocket grunt in Iccurus City (he could talk so he had to be at least five, and then add on the years it took to meet, get married and the pregnancy process).
    For the billionth time, PokeSpe (and the other manga series) are a LOOSE adaptation of the games. Just because something is stated verbatim in the games doesn't make it true in any other continuity.

    I also hope we get a timeline information thing. We need a Pokespecial/Adventures official timeline chart for the series. I would certainly welcome one.
    What's sad is that we're SO CLOSE to having one, but a few huge pieces of the puzzle are missing. I tried plotting out the series' timeline long ago and got up through Emerald (and HGSS) before hitting a dead end. If we knew the time relation between Emerald and DP and HGSS and BW, the rest should come pretty easily.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 17th January 2013 at 2:43 AM.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I didn't say that the Dexholders fit those stereotypes. I was just talking Malcolm Belmont and Kaizer Kun's posts about the XY characters and relations to gender stereotypes in general.



    For the billionth time, PokeSpe (and the other manga series) are a LOOSE adaptation of the games. Just because something is stated verbatim in the games doesn't make it true in any other continuity.



    What's sad is that we're SO CLOSE to having one, but a few huge pieces of the puzzle are missing. I tried plotting out the series' timeline long ago and got up through Emerald (and HGSS) before hitting a dead end. If we knew the time relation between Emerald and DP and HGSS and BW, the rest should come pretty easily.
    When did I ever say that this was true for the manga? Didn't I state my reasoning for the manga just after that?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    When did I ever say that this was true for the manga? Didn't I state my reasoning for the manga just after that?
    I was cutting you off right there because someone was guaranteed to come into this thread, read that you referenced the games, and assume that your logic was from the games. You didn't need to mention the TR grunt, your argument about Caitlin was good enough. It's pretty ****ing sad that I have to do that, but if I didn't then someone else would have.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Mexico
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    The only male Dexholder who represents the image you made is Gold. All the other male characters have some different personality that is unique to them (Red fits the video game protagonist stereotype minus the silence in my opinion). And don't be so sure that all female Dexholders are like the image you created. Look at Sapphire. Platinum has almost no personality, really, compared to the others.

    I strongly suspect that when Looker was assigned the Plasma assignment, it was around the time period that Ghetsis was still assembling minions and giving the other sages their roles, like the BW2 prologue. In the games my hint of the big time gap between Generations IV and V is the son of the ex-Rocket grunt in Iccurus City (he could talk so he had to be at least five, and then add on the years it took to meet, get married and the pregnancy process). But the hint of a big time gap in the manga is Caitlin. She looks MUCH younger in Platinum than in BW. She was 14 in Platinum and in BW she looks like she's around 18 or in her 20's. And also think about the mentioned problems with her psychic abilities. In Platinum it was stated that she had trouble controlling her emotions which would lead to a psychic destruction which was why the butler battled in her place. In BW it's clear that she was able to overcome that problem as seen by her ability to control her powers with ease. It had to take some years to perfect that. And also I'm pretty sure one does not get to be an Elite Four member in a couple days (but then again she was a Frontier Brain so I guess she didn't start from scratch).
    For Looker to be assigned a task about finding information about the Seven Sages then it mean that they were actually known even a little.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    What stereotypes? So far almost every Dexholder and other characters are different from each other. If there is a gloomy girl with no personality as a Dexholder, then how will she get the willpower to save her region from whatever evil there will be?

    As for the second comment, that wouldn't be a very smart move because (please don't hate on me for saying this) female readers of this manga make up a somewhat small portion of the audience compared to male readers and if no female reader can relate to the female character, then if anything that will decrease the audience even further. I don't know about everyone else but in my opinion one thing I like about female characters is that they have their own unique personality and the diversity can reach out to females of all kinds but they are similar in that they fit the description of "heroine" (I'm a guy, though, so I can't speak for girls).

    I think you would be, considering your opinion VERY surprised at how many women read this.
    As well as the fact that even if there were more males reading than females, it doesn't mean that the female characters have to be terrible even if they are NOT main characters.
    If anything they would probably lose more readers by adding a sappy annoying whining cliche than by adding a moderately mature sensible or interesting character even if they are not the main focus.
    So it's nice that you think it's appropriate to forget half the human race exists and even better that a bigger than you thought majority of the Pokemon fan base exists too.
    But really do you think for a writer to give a crappy annoying and sure to be unwanted character for these qualities is really a good thing to do for your comic?
    No, so you should keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Kaizer kun; 18th January 2013 at 10:38 AM.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    What's the mangaka's twitter? A few pages back, someone said that HGSS and BW were done. I want to see the link myself (even if I can't read Japanese well...). I want a strong female character again. She could be the rival for all I care. I think it's time for pokemon to give us a female rival or a female villain. It would be great. We already have two female Champions (Cynthia and Iris). Does anyone know a place to read all of the HGSS saga? I've read most of it on a website, but it stopped at Round 455 - VS Arceus IV. How long is BW supposed to be? The same website translated up to round 21.
    Last edited by KumaPanda; 18th January 2013 at 7:08 PM. Reason: can't say where I read the manga
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    I would love to see a strong Female Character..like Sapphire in the Pokemon X and Y Manga

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    What's the mangaka's twitter? A few pages back, someone said that HGSS and BW were done. I want to see the link myself (even if I can't read Japanese well...). I want a strong female character again. She could be the rival for all I care. I think it's time for pokemon to give us a female rival or a female villain. It would be great. We already have two female Champions (Cynthia and Iris). Does anyone know a place to read all of the HGSS saga? I've read most of it on mangahere, but it stopped at Round 455 - VS Arceus IV. How long is BW supposed to be? The same website translated up to round 21.
    You aren't allowed to say where you read your manga online. That's against the rules and no HGSS or the BW saga haven't finished yet. On the 25th of January vol 43 will be released and that one includes the HGSS ending and the beginning of the BW arc.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lucid Dimensions
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Just some personal thoughts on the timeline issue in the latest series. Caitlin's drastic appearance certainly raises the possibility of a significant time gap between Platinum and BW. The first question is the relative time between Platinum and HGSS. Since Gold's encounter with Arceus seems to coincide with the Manaphy/Phione scene at the Daycare (from the last bridging scene in Vol 40), I assume they are basically continuous (which puts DP around 3 years after Emerald like HGSS).

    I'll base my prediction on the age difference of the Dex Holders. Unless the writers plan to make a later generation's Dex Holders older than a previous generation's, the Sinnoh trio should be older than Black and White in BW. In DP/Pt/HGSS, the three were 12, and Black is already 14 when he started out. To give the minimal age difference between them, the Sinnoh trio will have to be 15 in BW, which means there is at least a 3-year gap between HGSS and BW. This will put Red, Green and Blue at 22, Yellow at 20, the Johto trio at 19, and the Hoenn trio at 17/18.

    Of course, the theory will not hold if Black and White are supposed to be older the Dia/Pearl/Platinum.



    Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 18th January 2013 at 1:38 PM.

    Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    Just some personal thoughts on the timeline issue in the latest series. Caitlin's drastic appearance certainly raises the possibility of a significant time gap between Platinum and BW. The first question is the relative time between Platinum and HGSS. Since Gold's encounter with Arceus seems to coincide with the Manaphy/Phione scene at the Daycare (from the last bridging scene in Vol 40), I assume they are basically continuous (which puts DP around 3 years after Emerald like HGSS).

    I'll base my prediction on the age difference of the Dex Holders. Unless the writers plan to make a later generation's Dex Holders older than a previous generation's, the Sinnoh trio should be older than Black and White in BW. In DP/Pt/HGSS, the three were 12, and Black is already 14 when he started out. To give the minimal age difference between them, the Sinnoh trio will have to be 15 in BW, which means there is at least a 3-year gap between HGSS and BW. This will put Red, Green and Blue at 22, Yellow at 20, the Johto trio at 19, and the Hoenn trio at 17/18.

    Of course, the theory will not hold if Black and White are supposed to be older the Dia/Pearl/Platinum.



    Coronis~
    I'm pretty sure that theory is correct. Caitlin was confirmed to be 14 in Platinum and in BW she looks at least 18. Also, Caitlin was mentioned to be incapable of controlling her psychic powers when losing which was why Darach had to battle for her (I'm not sure if that was confirmed in the manga but still, there has to be a reason why Darach battles for Caitlin). She has perfect control of her psychic abilities in BW so it had to take a couple years to confirm that.

    And lol yeah I'm almost certain that by BW the Kanto Dexholders are in their 20's. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that portraying characters like Red and Blue as adults would kinda ruin the earlier chapters for some people. That's why HGSS was a perfect opportunity to have one last Dexholder reunion to see the Kanto Dexholders one last time before they become adults, not to mention that they appeared in the goddamn games. A Dexholder reunion in HGSS is seeming kinda slim at this point but then again you never know. Plus, there's still the predicted Red special chapter that may be put between HGSS and BW in Volume 43. There's always still hope.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Actually, your logic is pretty sound, Coronis. I think I may give a new crack at a complete timeline for PokeSpe.

    Caitlin was confirmed to be 14 in Platinum and in BW she looks at least 18.
    Game context or manga context? If the latter, then where was it mentioned?

    Unfortunately, I have a feeling that portraying characters like Red and Blue as adults would kinda ruin the earlier chapters for some people.
    I don't think that it would. Remember, a lot of people all around the world who read PokeSpe during the original run of the RGB chapter are all adults.

    (This thread has seriously derailed itself. This is what happens when we try to talk about manga adaptations of a game that's still 9 months away from release.)
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that theory is correct. Caitlin was confirmed to be 14 in Platinum and in BW she looks at least 18. Also, Caitlin was mentioned to be incapable of controlling her psychic powers when losing which was why Darach had to battle for her (I'm not sure if that was confirmed in the manga but still, there has to be a reason why Darach battles for Caitlin). She has perfect control of her psychic abilities in BW so it had to take a couple years to confirm that.

    And lol yeah I'm almost certain that by BW the Kanto Dexholders are in their 20's. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that portraying characters like Red and Blue as adults would kinda ruin the earlier chapters for some people. That's why HGSS was a perfect opportunity to have one last Dexholder reunion to see the Kanto Dexholders one last time before they become adults, not to mention that they appeared in the goddamn games. A Dexholder reunion in HGSS is seeming kinda slim at this point but then again you never know. Plus, there's still the predicted Red special chapter that may be put between HGSS and BW in Volume 43. There's always still hope.

    That's why I hope Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald appear least in the end of HGSS......

    I doubt if RS remake whether they can put on the new main characters's clothes since they adult...... lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    I don't think that it would. Remember, a lot of people all around the world who read PokeSpe during the original run of the RGB chapter are all adults.

    (This thread has seriously derailed itself. This is what happens when we try to talk about manga adaptations of a game that's still 9 months away from release.)
    But in the case of some people it does, although I am not XD
    Last edited by e9310103838; 19th January 2013 at 8:53 AM.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    766

    Default

    I don't know if anyone has said this before, but the male protagonist will take Froakie, the female protagonist will take Fennekin, and the rival will pick Chepin, because of the cycle.

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said this before, but the male protagonist will take Froakie, the female protagonist will take Fennekin, and the rival will pick Chepin, because of the cycle.
    We have to wait and see how Kusaka arrange to B2W2......

  25. #100
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said this before, but the male protagonist will take Froakie, the female protagonist will take Fennekin, and the rival will pick Chepin, because of the cycle.
    I've done the math myself -- if Kusaka follows the same pattern, the main protagonist should choose Froakie (It's gone Red - Grass starter, Gold - fire starter, Ruby - water starter, Dia - grass starter, Black - fire starter) however the second and third characters don't follow a pattern (Green - fire starter, Silver - water starter, Sapphire - fire starter, Pearl - fire starter, White - grass starter (sorta)) see?


Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •