Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 449

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Except that is exactly how the games deal with these things. The games explicitly say Pichu was discovered by Utsugi (Elm) and GSC explicitly treats the Pokémon Egg as a new discovery. Even the official promo for XY treats Sylveon as newly discovered. And I could be wrong, but I think everyone seems to know about the legends of Johto in GSC despite said Pokémon being "recently discovered".
    Okay, so it's the fault of the game's writers. The writing is just as shitty. One would have hoped that Kusaka could have deviated to smooth out any potential plotholes.

    The guy leaked the English names of Gogoat and the other three. This by itself gives enough credibility to him. Anyone can guess things like "Fairy type", which is almost obvious basing from all the Sylveon type hype, but who would be able to get all the four names correctly if they were just trolling? He even lost his job because of the leaks (Full story here). There's no way a false leaker would get into trouble with the company from whom he/she is supposedly leaking info from, so it's almost impossible for him to be lying.
    Now, that I wasn't aware of. I again apologize that I'm not able to scour every Pokemon news site 24/7 to be knowledgeable about every little detail. Besides, there's a shitload of bad information being thrown around (Pokebeach, Serebii, and Bulbagarden are not the only sites talking about Pokemon), it's hard to take these things seriously without a shitload of proof.

    I remember hearing that Nintendo/GF said they wouldn't release the old games for the virtual console. Though they could just be referring to G1, or I could be forgetting something.
    Not re-releasing at least Gen III on the VC would be foolish. Virtualizing and giving them some capability to transfer Pokemon to Gen VI would be 1000x easier and cheaper than developing remakes (of remakes, I might add).

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    I hope whatever happens this storyline will be good. Its hard to believe we'll be in gen 6 soon and we don't even have anything on BW2's chapters. Again I'll say, I'd rather just skip BW2 and go to XY but it is what it is. I just never got into the BW2 hype.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Meh, I don't think they'll do that again. It's a possibility but Kusaka kinda stopped seriously deviating from the games a few chapters ago
    Yeah that was around the RuSa arc. I wonder if it was around the time they made that comment about PokéSpe being the most representative of the game universe?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redchesus View Post
    Yeah that was around the RuSa arc. I wonder if it was around the time they made that comment about PokéSpe being the most representative of the game universe?
    I think it was around the time the game series stopped having such crap stories and gave him a decent story to work off of.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hope whatever happens this storyline will be good. Its hard to believe we'll be in gen 6 soon and we don't even have anything on BW2's chapters. Again I'll say, I'd rather just skip BW2 and go to XY but it is what it is. I just never got into the BW2 hype.
    http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...GuLk_vgqOFnMT8

    If possible that is. The arcs aren't always directly connected.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I think it was around the time the game series stopped having such crap stories and gave him a decent story to work off of.
    LOL true I mean in Gen I the only plot that was in existence besides Red striving to become the League Champion was stopping Team Rocket, which honestly, compared to other villainous teams, was a joke. Their only goal of doing crime was just for the sake of doing crime. And Gen II wasn't much better; Gold/Ethan had similar goals and the same Team Rocket trying to find their boss. I mean, what actual plot was there? Gen III was when there was an actual interesting plot that Kusaka could work with.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Realm of Light
    Posts
    2,453

    Default

    Boy: Fennekin
    Girl: Froakie
    Rival: Chespin
    Confirmed Generation VI:

    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    Boy: Fennekin
    Girl: Froakie
    Rival: Chespin
    Nope.

    If the pattern tradition remains (which it will) then it will go like this:
    Boy: Froakie
    Girl: Fennekin
    Rival: Chespin

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Nope.

    If the pattern tradition remains (which it will) then it will go like this:
    Boy: Froakie
    Girl: Fennekin
    Rival: Chespin
    We don't know if that pattern will remain but if it does then this will be the likely setup. I'm still very anxious to see what the storyline of XY will be for Adventures and what the main characters will be like. I like Black, but I really hope we don't have a over eager character going for the league again. It's far more generic then other characters. White's Pokemon talent agency was what really got me into the 10th chapter. It's to bad it was put on hold. I like unique stuff like this that really gets me into Adventures. I hope XY have something like that as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    We don't know if that pattern will remain but if it does then this will be the likely setup. I'm still very anxious to see what the storyline of XY will be for Adventures and what the main characters will be like. I like Black, but I really hope we don't have a over eager character going for the league again. It's far more generic then other characters. White's Pokemon talent agency was what really got me into the 10th chapter. It's to bad it was put on hold. I like unique stuff like this that really gets me into Adventures. I hope XY have something like that as well.
    I hope the next Kusaka has a good play for Pokéstar Studios.

    Although we should get more screen in Pokémon World Tournament.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    I think Kusaka will show all the cities that haven't appeared in BW and a few events and other places from BW 2. Like the tournament, Pokéwoods, sewers. I think it could take a while for XY to start. Yaay that means that BW2 could be a quite long arc? Maybe about 4 vol? Or BW2 arc will run in 2 magazines while the XY arc runs on the other? I actually don't hope for that, because it could mean that Kusaka will have to rush again.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    I think Kusaka will show all the cities that haven't appeared in BW and a few events and other places from BW 2. Like the tournament, Pokéwoods, sewers. I think it could take a while for XY to start. Yaay that means that BW2 could be a quite long arc? Maybe about 4 vol? Or BW2 arc will run in 2 magazines while the XY arc runs on the other? I actually don't hope for that, because it could mean that Kusaka will have to rush again.
    How do you know that B2W2 will be a long arc?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I am going to say...

    Friendly Rival: Fennekin

    Competitive Rival: Chespin

    Main Character: Froakie


    Hey guys..i am just walking around.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    How do you know that B2W2 will be a long arc?
    because Black couldn't finish off team Plasma, there are a lot of cities and places that haven't appeared in the BW arc; Undella town, Black City, White forest, Lacunosa town and the new places from BW2. A lot of events that happen in BW2 don't appear in BW since it's a prequel.
    Kusaka tends show the places and cities from the games in his manga, so I you can guess that Hugh will travel a long way to get his revenge on team Plasma.

    Kusaka has enough material left to make a decent plot for BW2, unlike the remakes, which mostly last 2/ 3 vol, because of the lack of material.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    because Black couldn't finish off team Plasma, there are a lot of cities and places that haven't appeared in the BW arc; Undella town, Black City, White forest, Lacunosa town and the new places from BW2. A lot of events that happen in BW2 don't appear in BW since it's a prequel.
    Kusaka tends show the places and cities from the games in his manga, so I you can guess that Hugh will travel a long way to get his revenge on team Plasma.

    Kusaka has enough material left to make a decent plot for BW2, unlike the remakes, which mostly last 2/ 3 vol, because of the lack of material.
    Well he can definitely cover all those stuff in five or so volumes. I consider five volumes an "average"-lengthed chapter. Imo, a "long" chapter needs at least seven volumes. But don't get me wrong, I really want B2W2 to be a long volume as well. Since there's just one set of games that comes after the main games in Generation V which means Kusaka only needs one more chapter after the first chapter of the generation (in the last two generations, there was a third version and set of remakes which required two more chapters) there's no need for him to either rush or go for brevity when writing the B2W2 chapter.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I do think Kusaka is going to do the X and Y Manga soon..maybe around about September/October he will start on the X and Y Manga..


    Hey guys..i am just walking around.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I do think Kusaka is going to do the X and Y Manga soon..maybe around about September/October he will start on the X and Y Manga..
    The games don't come out till October, so we shouldn't expect much until then.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    In Q&A, Kusaka said, they are now fully focused in BW & B2W2.

    So XY is still a schedule.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Good, at least Kusaka won't rush into things. Hopefully the magazine will keep it like that.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Good, at least Kusaka won't rush into things. Hopefully the magazine will keep it like that.
    Wow..the Manga is doing the opposite of the anime..the Anime is rushing into X and Y and the Manga is taking it's time ;D

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Good, at least Kusaka won't rush into things. Hopefully the magazine will keep it like that.
    I'd say it was natural given how the new arcs debut never ever coincide with the games until like a year new generation or not.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Wow..the Manga is doing the opposite of the anime..the Anime is rushing into X and Y and the Manga is taking it's time ;D
    What. Both the manga and new anime will probably start in October.

    So my one hope for this arc is that it doesn't end up like BW. I like BW but the fact that Kusaka had to deal with a shorter gen and a much larger "third game" shows. The anime had the exact same problem.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    What. Both the manga and new anime will probably start in October.

    So my one hope for this arc is that it doesn't end up like BW. I like BW but the fact that Kusaka had to deal with a shorter gen and a much larger "third game" shows. The anime had the exact same problem.
    Short? What are you talking about? The BW arc isn't that short, Black took his time with beating the Gym Leaders and beating the Pokemon League. It's like every first and second game arc (Cept for RGB arc because that was 3 volumes)
    FRLG arc, Emerald Arc Platinum Arc and HGSS arc lasted 4, 3 or 2 volumes. I don't think BW arc is that short, my guess is that the bw arc is like 6 vol long.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Short? What are you talking about? The BW arc isn't that short, Black took his time with beating the Gym Leaders and beating the Pokemon League. It's like every first and second game arc (Cept for RGB arc because that was 3 volumes)
    FRLG arc, Emerald Arc Platinum Arc and HGSS arc lasted 4, 3 or 2 volumes. I don't think BW arc is that short, my guess is that the bw arc is like 6 vol long.
    I think he meant the length of Generation V. Unlike previous generations, which had three sets of games (the original pair, the third version and the remake pair) Generation V only had two pairs. And its timespan was considerably shorter than previous generations.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I think he meant the length of Generation V. Unlike previous generations, which had three sets of games (the original pair, the third version and the remake pair) Generation V only had two pairs. And its timespan was considerably shorter than previous generations.
    Yep. He had a lot to show in a short period of time. It wouldn't be as bad if BW2 wasn't made. The gen is almost over and he still has an entire games worth of story to cover.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •