Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y Manga Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Short? What are you talking about? The BW arc isn't that short, Black took his time with beating the Gym Leaders and beating the Pokemon League. It's like every first and second game arc (Cept for RGB arc because that was 3 volumes)
    FRLG arc, Emerald Arc Platinum Arc and HGSS arc lasted 4, 3 or 2 volumes. I don't think BW arc is that short, my guess is that the bw arc is like 6 vol long.
    6 volumes?

I even think that it is possible to break DP 9 volumes XD

And as long as B2W2 can reach more than 3 volumes, 5th generation volumes will almost with the amount of 3rd & 4th generations volumes.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 4th June 2013 at 4:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    6 volumes?

I even think that it is possible to break DP 9 volumes XD

And as long as it can reach more than 3 volumes, 5th generation volumes will almost with the amount of 3rd & 4th generations volumes.
    I didn't mean 6 volumes exactly, but at least. Yes it's possible that it could be longer. I just wanted to prove my point that the BW arc isn't short.

I hope the X and Y Manga will be as long as the R/S Manga...i loved the R/S Manga.

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

When it comes right down to it, I can see Kusaka start working on the XY arc around about this time next year or roughly later on in 2014. This is mainly since the next few months will be more working on the B2W2 arc plus it usually is a year after the games are released before the main PokeSpecial arc begins on it. In fact, I remember that the Emerald arc was still working on to a certain extent when Diamond and Pearl came out and the DP arc was started on back around 2007.

Besides, I think that we will get a sneak peak of it here sometime around when the games come out. Though the series would get picked up on a regular bases once Kusaka gets done with the B2W2 arc. This is mainly since I don't think Kasuka would rush the B2W2 arc that much as HGSS arc. But hey, I still think that the XY arc is going to be great anyways. Though it's going to be just a little time before it gets under way.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I saw that the source said, the game male main character's name is Xavier (Japanese unknown).

I saw that the source said, the game male main character's name is Xavier (Japanese unknown).
    It's temporary, like Blair and Whitlea.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's temporary, like Blair and Whitlea.
    But SP might use this name, right?

But SP might use this name, right?
    Um...or maybe X and Y?

Japanese screenshots of the game showed the male and female default (at least currently) names as エックス and ワイ, which are essentially the Japanese phonetics of X and Y. Actually, in terms of Japanese, they sound no weirder than Red, Green and Blue, and the number of characters are fairly logical (well ワイ had 2 characters only, shortest of all, but many others have 3 characters only). The problem is the English (or romanized) names, which would be single-charactered.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

So we shouldn't be surprised if Kusaka names the protagonists エックス (Ex? In English) and ワイ (Why?) ... okay that sounds kinda stupid in English... If Kusaka names them like that, then X and Y sounds at least better than Ex and Why... ):

All right.

We got four friends and one looks like the other gender main character (We even seem to got ahead of the name of the main characters, Calm & Serene, in game).

If not released main rival next, I think it will be a mixture of RS and BW.

I do not know how to do this Kusaka......

Don't know about RS, but I can see a BW situation where characters get Pokedex's only to be demoted later. Poor Bianca, at least she still has her Oshawott

As for the names, I suspect we're going to get a name breaking tradition now because X and Y are even weirder then the colors, though I still love the fact that the gen 4 rival has a girl name, Pearl :P I'm interested in how they'll handle X and Y (yes I'm calling them that for now, weird as it is) since it seems like the opposite gender will not be left out in the cold unlike in BW, they can introduce both at the start. Maybe we'll have a DPPt situation again with these five starting Kalos trainers. It sounds like a bit much, I agree, and I doubt it'll happen. Still I'll be excited for what happens in the XY Adventures.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    So we shouldn't be surprised if Kusaka names the protagonists エックス (Ex? In English) and ワイ (Why?) ...
    I would prefer "Wy" over "Why", and I already suggested these names one month ago.

And on this note, "Blacktwo" and "Whitetwo" also wouldn't look weird from a Japanese point-of-view, but I would prefer the in-game names. I know many people are saying Black and White will just change clothes, but the opposite-gendered Starters seem to foreshadow a third set of Starters as their children, and Futachimaru (Dewott) still has not been featured, so it would be stupid to give the Daikenki (Samurott) to Hue, as we would need another character to have a Futachimaru for it to be featured.

Back on topic, I think it may be possible to use "Calm"/"Callum" and "Serena"/"Selena" for the characters names and still represent the games in some way. I think in Greek X is pronounced as K (does anyone know if this info is correct?), so the boy's name could be romanized as "Xallum"/"Xalm", I think. Is there any language where the Y is pronounced as the nearly world-wide S?

And also, we have four rivals this time, and this gets me worried about Sana, Thierno, and Troba's status as main characters, as they don't seem to be nameable in the games and thus could suffer the Mitsuru (Wally) curse. And this makes me wonder for the future of the naming tradition, and if the days of rivals being main characters are counted.
    On the other hand, I have a theory (which I posted almost two weeks ago) that G6will have five games: X, Y, W, Z, and 0 (or O).
    As explained in the linked post, X, Y, Z, and W are sex chromosomes, and 0 is used to represent absence of chromosome. Then, in 3D space we have X, Y, and Z, and I heard W is used to help in 3D rendering, and then you have the origin, which is represented by a 0. Thus I think we'll have five games this time, and if none of them is a sequel, we have five games and five characters.

The problem, if my theory is correct, would be how to name all the characters after a game if all of them appear in the start of the story. Platinum Berlitz had a "I won't tell you my name" excuse which would be impossible to replicate again without looking repetitive, or, in this case, awkward, if everyone is friends from the start of the story. At most they could later retcon their names as being surnames.
    Since the culture in the Pokémon world is mainly based in Japanese culture, it would make sense to have the characters referring to each other by their surnames. It's also possible they could just reveal later that their surnames are Zed/Zet, Dablyoo/Dablew, and Zero, or that anything that starts with Z, W, and O.

In case you didn't get it, Dablyoo and Dablew are "double-u" maped from the Japanese pronunciation, "ダブリュー" (Daburyū). Dablyoo is the first thing I could think of, but I think Dablew looks better. Is there any other better romanization?

By the way, now that Fairy-type is confirmed, we have a new Arceus form coming. How do you guys think it will appear in the manga? In person, or in someone's flashback/imagination?
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 13th June 2013 at 8:12 PM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Or someone could see Dewot on a television program or anything else. Just because in the games Hugh's started came from an egg doesn't mean that it has to be the same for the manga,

Or Kusaka can come up with an OC. For now Kusaka doesn't need to worry about it. The 3rd game/ sequel isn't even announced yet.

Oh God, they all have Pokedexes in the games.

This is going to be a nightmare.

Demotions all around. Anyway, at this point I hope they just break the tradition and let the Kalos kids keep their Pokedexes, even if they aren't named after a game or get a Starter, unless we get multiple starters again like with BW's chapters. It's obvious the ways of the games are changing and old traditions are hard to keep. I say it's time to just break the ones that can't be held up anymore. It's not like we get Dexholder reunions anymore, anyway.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

So we saw the Rhyhorn (the main site said his the family pokemon) so I speculate Rhyhorn will be the starter of Xavier or Yvonne!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    So we saw the Rhyhorn (the main site said his the family pokemon) so I speculate Rhyhorn will be the starter of Xavier or Yvonne!!
    No. The last thing we need is more Pokemon shared between protags.

Maybe they can have two sets of Pokedex and give three to Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor and the other three to X, Y, and a possible original character, Z.

A house pet?

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    Maybe they can have two sets of Pokedex and give three to Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor and the other three to X, Y, and a possible original character, Z.
    No. Last thing we need from Pokemon Special now after countless tradition-breaking acts over the recent years such as giving starters to just anybody and being forced to break the naming tradition is to give Pokedexes to just anybody. I'm fine with more Wally's running around, as long as in the end, the Pokedexes all go to main characters and main characters only.

But maybe Xaiver's first Pokemon could be Ryhorn like Red's Poliwag..

Why can't it be a Gogoat? Sure it can't run on rocky terrains (as far as we know), but it's a lot better than seeing Rhyhorn, a Pokemon that's already got enough screentime as Giovanni's Pokemon and evolves into the Pokemon that was owned by Blue and then Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    being forced to break the naming tradition is to give Pokedexes to just anybody.
    Why not? I'm sure that even Kusaka knows that X and Y are not adequate human names. Is it really that big of a deal to uphold this tradition?

N is not a good name for a human, but people are still fine with it. It's short for Natural, yes, but it's being used as his real name. We didn't even know N's full name until B2W2 was coming around.

I think these are the options we're gonna have with XY protagonists' names in the Japanese version of PokéSpe:
    1. X and Y and with furigana エックス (Ekkusu) and ワイ (Wai) beside them just like with N
    2. エックス and ワイ
    3. Xavier and Yvonne in whatever their katakana can be. I have no idea.
    4. カルム (Calem) and セレナ (Serena)

And when it is translated into English...
    1. X and Y
    2. X and Y or Ex and Wy (they're official letter names so I don't see a problem here)
    3. Xavier and Yvonne
    4. Calem and Serena

1 and 2 are both fine with me, 3 is tolerable and 4 is horrible. I do want to keep the tradition going. I think 2 is what will most likely happen. I don't know how the English translation will cope with this though. I think Ex and Wy would be good choices, but that's up to VIZ.

And yeah, no Rhyhorn for the protagonist. They're probably gonna have their first Pokémon from the current generation just as every other protag except Platinum.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast