Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone concerned that none of Ash's older pokemon might appear this arc?

Default Is anyone concerned that none of Ash's older pokemon might appear this arc?

So far Charizard of course is being heavily promoted to get a comeback...but nobody else is. With the knowledge that this gen is ending by October and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any major tournament on the horizon, is anyone getting worried that we won't actually see Ash use any older Pokemon this saga?

I was really hoping Gible would return to get the Phanpy treatment, (and it meeting Iris was a given), as well as see some of Ash's other older Pokemon that we haven't seen in a while.

But knowing most of this arc is about Team Plasma and only seeing Charizard is making me curious. So far the writers have always had Ash bring back older Pokemon for the tail-end of a generation, because once the new one starts he goes fresh again. I think there may simply be nothing to bring the others back for this time.

I was really hoping to at least see Infernape, and Gible again. Torterra too, given that it needs some serious redemption. Seems like Charizard might be the only one with any significant role. He's going to be in the movie as well, so chances are they'd give him most of the focus...and shaft w/e other reserve might appear.

This might be the first saga, where Ash's companion's don't see the majority of his reserves. I don't think they even saw Muk in today's episode.

Probably won't get an appearance for any of the others, sadly. Like the other posters wrote, I'd have liked to see Gible and Infernape as well.

Charizard was enough for me to hear coming back to enjoy this next saga.

However, I would like a proper or sole appearance of Pokemon we haven't seen in HD yet. :P

Bulbasaur
    Kingler
    Tauros
    Muk
    Glalie
    Squirtle

But I digress, I really don't mind if his older Pokemon appear or if they do. I still want some Unova Pokemon to get some more spotlight, especially to those who were underrated.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Muk appeared.

Thread is pointless now.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So far Charizard of course is being heavily promoted to get a comeback...but nobody else is. With the knowledge that this gen is ending by October and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any major tournament on the horizon, is anyone getting worried that we won't actually see Ash use any older Pokemon this saga?

I was really hoping Gible would return to get the Phanpy treatment, (and it meeting Iris was a given), as well as see some of Ash's other older Pokemon that we haven't seen in a while.

But knowing most of this arc is about Team Plasma and only seeing Charizard is making me curious. So far the writers have always had Ash bring back older Pokemon for the tail-end of a generation, because once the new one starts he goes fresh again. I think there may simply be nothing to bring the others back for this time.
    Dude.
    A; its too early
    B; the writers can do whatever they want, whenever they want
    Worried? Me? Not a bit!

The more old favorites, in addition to new ones, the merrier!
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I think we have bigger problems. Iris and Cilan are most likely gonna be ignored for the remainder of the generation.

There's N, Plasma, Ghetsis, those two broads, Team Rocket, Charizard, Genesect etc.

Where does this leave any attention for the sidekicks who actually NEED focus and development?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I think we have bigger problems. Iris and Cilan are most likely gonna be ignored for the remainder of the generation.
    They'll get to do stuff I'm sure, but I'm far more interested to see what's going to happen with N's connection to Team Plasma, and Genesect anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    They'll get to do stuff I'm sure, but I'm far more interested to see what's going to happen with N's connection to Team Plasma, and Genesect anyway.
    Not me. Traveling companions are important to every generation and they deserve to be developed. Just look at Cilan and Iris's teams...no traveling companion other than Tracey has ever left the show with less than 6 pokemon and it looks like Cilan and Iris are gonna join him unless they continue to gen 6.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Not me. Traveling companions are important to every generation and they deserve to be developed. Just look at Cilan and Iris's teams...no traveling companion other than Tracey has ever left the show with less than 6 pokemon and it looks like Cilan and Iris are gonna join him unless they continue to gen 6.
    Different strokes for different folks, but if Ash's reserves don't appear it's no big loss really. It's nice seeing Charizard for the first time in what....seven years?

Cilan is fine without a full team, since he's probably going Gen 6 anyways. I'm concerned about Iris not even getting a full team. I rewatched Dawn's return episode when everyone called out their pokemon. When Iris sent out her four, then the camera switched to Dawn and she sent out 6 and made a pose, I was like, lol suddenly realise Iris's team is super small.

Iris is probably not gonna make it for Gen 6, since Gen 6 is Paris-based and Iris is kind of wild. Of course, the writers might do the Misty treatment, but I doubt it.

@Topic

The OP apparently shows Charizard's appearance as surprising, like how Reshiram attacks Ash and Charizard saves the day. So I'm starting to get concerned that Torterra mgiht not get a redemption win.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I would've cared for Torterra or Torkoal getting redemption, for everything else I rather them just showing more of the Unova reserves. So I don't really mind. Something like Infernape getting something would just annoy me.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Huh? Muk appeared yesterday, and we know Charizard is returning for a large role. That does not define 'none of Ash's older Pokemon' in the slightest.

----

To make some sense of the thread, I will be disappointed if we don't see anymore of his older team, i'd settle with a reunion in Pallet Town.

I decided not to worry about the other reserves when I saw Charizard appearing. All I care about now is Charizard. The reserves deserve a minor bit though, like Muk did.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I definetly wanted to see them but as usual I saw this coming when we got the first info on the arc.

I don't even need them battling because even the Isshu Pokemon won't get much battling in this filler arc but I would like to see them, we migth get a Oak lab episode.

Well two appeared already maybe we get top see the others.

Maybe there will be a small tourney at the end, and Ash will use stuff like Gible, Muk..

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Muk, despite it being a small appearance, already disproves the point of this thread..

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

It'd be nice to have a triple battle tourney where all of Ashs Pokémon get to battle. Please serebii people let me dream.

Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Why are you already assuming the worst when barely anything is known.

We still have 9 months left before Gen6 starts
    All thats known is the N arc, do you really think that will be the only arc for 9 months. Nothing else is known about 8 month worth of episodes (upcoming month we have spoilers, but nothing beyond there). For all we know Ash decides to retry the League at the end of this saga and brings in all his reserves to do it right this time around. This would also explain why the league was so rushed and poorly done.

They can also easily add the PWT Type Tournaments to make Ash form typ specific teams, Black Tower, White Tree Hollow and Don Battle tournaments.
    Even without a major tournament the writers can easily have Ash call in reserves. Just like he called in his Tauros back in Johto to enter a "Tauros Tournament".

This topic has already been proven untrue and irrelevant by Oak and Muk appearing in the first episode too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    It'd be nice to have a triple battle tourney where all of Ashs Pokémon get to battle. Please serebii people let me dream.
    That tourney would still have to go about eleven rounds for all of Ash's pokemon to be shown.. I mean the guy has a lot to go with...
    Kanto: 8
    Johto: 6
    Hoenn: 5
    Sinnoh: 6
    Unova: 9

That's 34 pokemon.. If you just take out all the ones that really need a showing, you'd get a lopsided feel as well..
    Kanto: 2 - It's been a long time since the 'Gang of four', but Kingler and Muk need the battles the most.
    Johto: 3 - Totodile, Bayleef and Quilava need a battle, in Quilava's case on that isn't skipped.
    Hoenn: 1.5 - Glalie. Corphish might be included as it didn't get to fight in Sinnoh, but it doesn't really need it, but the others certainly don't.
    Sinnoh: 2.5 - Torterra, Gible and Gliscor sort off.. Gliscor and Gible fought and won, but were not treated that well and can get development, over using Infernape again.

That brings it down to 10 additional pokemon.. Which is a lot more agreeable, but then people would complain about the 'bigguns' not showing up, like Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape, and Heracross... And to the Genthreeurs: Swellow and Corphish.. In any case, this would result in 20 pokemon, counting Unova, and 21 counting Charizard... Which would mean 7 rounds still.. Which is by far too much..

Lets just make an absolute minimum:
    - Unova+Pikachu = 10
    - Charizard, Kingler and Muk from Kanto = 13
    - Bayleef and Totodile from Johto = 15
    - Glalie from Hoenn = 16
    - Torterra from Sinnoh = 17

Round 1: Glalie, Torterra and Totodile all take a win
    Round 2: Bayleef, Kingler and Pignite takes a fall to let the team win
    Round 3: Muk, Krookodile and Unfezant, and Krookodile takes a fall!
    Round 4: Charizard, Pikachu, and Oshawott all win together

Oooh, but if it's like the PWT, then you wouldn't you need to enter six pokemon? That would solve the problem!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    That tourney would still have to go about eleven rounds for all of Ash's pokemon to be shown.. I mean the guy has a lot to go with...
    Kanto: 8
    Johto: 6
    Hoenn: 5
    Sinnoh: 6
    Unova: 9

That's 34 pokemon.. If you just take out all the ones that really need a showing, you'd get a lopsided feel as well..
    Kanto: 2 - It's been a long time since the 'Gang of four', but Kingler and Muk need the battles the most.
    Johto: 3 - Totodile, Bayleef and Quilava need a battle, in Quilava's case on that isn't skipped.
    Hoenn: 1.5 - Glalie. Corphish might be included as it didn't get to fight in Sinnoh, but it doesn't really need it, but the others certainly don't.
    Sinnoh: 2.5 - Torterra, Gible and Gliscor sort off.. Gliscor and Gible fought and won, but were not treated that well and can get development, over using Infernape again.

That brings it down to 10 additional pokemon.. Which is a lot more agreeable, but then people would complain about the 'bigguns' not showing up, like Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape, and Heracross... And to the Genthreeurs: Swellow and Corphish.. In any case, this would result in 20 pokemon, counting Unova, and 21 counting Charizard... Which would mean 7 rounds still.. Which is by far too much..

Lets just make an absolute minimum:
    - Unova+Pikachu = 10
    - Charizard, Kingler and Muk from Kanto = 13
    - Bayleef and Totodile from Johto = 15
    - Glalie from Hoenn = 16
    - Torterra from Sinnoh = 17

Round 1: Glalie, Torterra and Totodile all take a win
    Round 2: Bayleef, Kingler and Pignite takes a fall to let the team win
    Round 3: Muk, Krookodile and Unfezant, and Krookodile takes a fall!
    Round 4: Charizard, Pikachu, and Oshawott all win together

Oooh, but if it's like the PWT, then you wouldn't you need to enter six pokemon? That would solve the problem!

I don't care, make a massive tournament!!! HAAHAHA

As people have already said, Muk appeared and this thread is kinda pontless now. And Charizard is Ash's Pokémon, so that would already made this thead pointless. Plus, we know only of 5-7 episodes of this season, and very little about them, so... yeah.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    As people have already said, Muk appeared and this thread is kinda pontless now. And Charizard is Ash's Pokémon, so that would already made this thead pointless. Plus, we know only of 5-7 episodes of this season, and very little about them, so... yeah.
    What the hell does Muk appearing for 2 seconds have to do with anything? I want to see Ash use Muk.

What the hell does Muk appearing for 2 seconds have to do with anything? I want to see Ash use Muk.
    Is anyone concerned that none of Ash's older pokemon might appear this arc? <-- Name of this thread. Muk appeared in first episode. The End.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Is anyone concerned that none of Ash's older pokemon might appear this arc? <-- Name of this thread. Muk appeared in first episode. The End.
    Are you trying to tell me what my own intent was? You know good and well what I'm talking about.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast